Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Ok folks, rules question that has come up in a league.

Team A is playing team B this week. A win/loss for team A could affect the playoffs; team B is out entirely. Team B has completely emptied their entire lineup and isn't responding. Do I, as commissioner:

1. Force team B's lineup same as last week
2. Same thing but with highest projected points players in place of O players (e.g. Eli Mitchell)
3. Force team B to have the highest projected players
4. Do nothing, team A gets the auto win

I'm thinking 2 but I am not sure.

3 is the best option.

2 is also acceptable.

Definitely ban the manager for life and if possible place a curse on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Holy hell do I hate week 14 byes.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Thanks all, I'm going with option 3 to the best of my ability. The only awkward part is dealing with Cousins and Harris who had already played. Getting rid of the manager wasn't ever in doubt; that's definitely happening.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Agree with the “ban the manager” opinions. Nothing boils my fantasy blood more than people who throw a hissy fit when they lose the season and end up causing disruptions for the league including sitting rosters, straight up trade collusion, or dropping studs to waivers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

opposable thumbs.db posted:

Thanks all, I'm going with option 3 to the best of my ability. The only awkward part is dealing with Cousins and Harris who had already played. Getting rid of the manager wasn't ever in doubt; that's definitely happening.

Just go with projections. If Cousins and Harris were projected to be starters for him, then start em.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I wouldn't set his lineup but I'd ban him

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

3 and also ban the manager

This is what I would do

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Let me set the lineup

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Haha, after the changes they're now projected to have the highest score.

Wilson
Harris / Jacobs
Evans / ESanders / Moore
Kelce
New Orleans
Butker

Fun times, thankfully we should be able to find a good replacement manager for next year

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I dropped the Eagles. Thanks.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Already down Mitchell and Hock for the week, cool cool cool.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Already down Mitchell and Hock for the week, cool cool cool.

I'm down Keenan Allen, Mitchell, Swift, Thielen, Gesicki on bye, and Elijah Moore is questionable. Lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Man I'm so glad I had D'Andre Swift and Jamaal Williams so many places. Time to take a big sip of water and check this stack of NFL news

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are there any defenses with a great playoff schedule that I can look to stash?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

RCarr posted:

Bucs (could be available as they play Buffalo Sunday)
49ers
Seahawks?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Chargers if they are free.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spermy Smurf posted:

Chargers if they are free.

No, they definitely charge.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

RCarr posted:

Eagles and Dolphins seem good and are both on bye so might be dropped.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bellmaker posted:

Bucs (could be available as they play Buffalo Sunday)
49ers
Seahawks?
Oh hells yes I'm glad RCarr asked and you said this because the Bucs are available in the only league where I stand a chance.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
This isn’t meant as a gloatpost but I genuinely havent had this issue in like 10 years - is it possible to have TOO much depth?

I’m tied for 1st and one of the guys who is near last asked if I’m interested in Davante Adams. Of course I don’t want to say no but he’s probably asking for a 2nd or 3rd next year and I already have:

RB: Najee, Henderson, Sony, Dillon, Pollard, Conner, Edmonds (IR)
WR: Deebo, Mike Evans, McLaurin

I’m thin at WR but at this point I only need 2 of them since I’m pretty much starting a third RB in flex every week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The general consensus is you want to trade depth for a better starting lineup for the playoffs.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I would have loved to but the guy isn’t interested in players, just picks.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Whoreson Welles posted:

This isn’t meant as a gloatpost but I genuinely havent had this issue in like 10 years - is it possible to have TOO much depth?

I’m tied for 1st and one of the guys who is near last asked if I’m interested in Davante Adams. Of course I don’t want to say no but he’s probably asking for a 2nd or 3rd next year and I already have:

RB: Najee, Henderson, Sony, Dillon, Pollard, Conner, Edmonds (IR)
WR: Deebo, Mike Evans, McLaurin

I’m thin at WR but at this point I only need 2 of them since I’m pretty much starting a third RB in flex every week.

He’s probably gonna ask for more than a 2nd or 3rd for Davante Adams.

Edit, just for more context: I wouldn’t be surprised if it was two 1sts plus (something).

generic one fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 11, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea there’s zero chance Adams goes for less than a first at bare minimum.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
If that dude takes a 2 and 3 for Adams you pounce. I'd want a 1+ especially since you're competing.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Is it overthinking it to play Taysom Hill instead of Dak this week at QB?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

Yea there’s zero chance Adams goes for less than a first at bare minimum.

1st and Najee probably the starting point of that conversation.

If he wants a 2+3 you take it and never look back

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Gandalf21 posted:

Is it overthinking it to play Taysom Hill instead of Dak this week at QB?

Yes

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
What about starting him over Russ?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1469770682032656384?t=LXRGHimCKvrQKrvjhf_Gbg&s=19

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spermy Smurf posted:

1st and Najee probably the starting point of that conversation.

If he wants a 2+3 you take it and never look back

I don't think it's dynasty, he's probably asking for a redraft 2nd or 3rd next year

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Keep two QBs for the rest of the season: Taysom, Tannehill, Tua

What say you?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Silly Burrito posted:

Holy hell do I hate week 14 byes.

For real. I'm playing for the division title and a first round bye, and missing half my impact players due to a combo of injuries and the bye week.

EDIT: lol, I even posted this before I saw the Henderson news. Yeah, better get my team ready for the first round next week.

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 11, 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

What say you?
I dont know what to tell you if you're not sure about Tua.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Silly Burrito posted:

What say you?
Think it’s Tannehill and Taysom.

Tannehill is playing weak secondaries the next 3 weeks (Jax, Pit, SF) until week 17 (Miami), but he threw 4 ints against Houston so I don’t know how trustworthy he is.

I think Tua’s the best QB of the 3 and has better WRs, but his oline is garbage. However, He’s got 2/3 soft matchups against mediocre secondaries (jets week 15, maybe titans week 17), but those matchups are going to be harder than Tannehill’s matchup. Tannehill is also much more likely to vulture rushing TDs.

Taysom offers a nice floor with rushing yards/TDs. But nobody knows how he’ll perform with the mallet finger now that he’s practiced with it and has a better splint.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Are you serious

I have Jones, Fournette and CEH am I overthinking this

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I dont know what to tell you if you're not sure about Tua.

van fem posted:

Think it’s Tannehill and Taysom.

Tannehill is playing weak secondaries the next 3 weeks (Jax, Pit, SF) until week 17 (Miami), but he threw 4 ints against Houston so I don’t know how trustworthy he is.

I think Tua’s the best QB of the 3 and has better WRs, but his oline is garbage. However, He’s got 2/3 soft matchups against mediocre secondaries (jets week 15, maybe titans week 17), but those matchups are going to be harder than Tannehill’s matchup. Tannehill is also much more likely to vulture rushing TDs.

Taysom offers a nice floor with rushing yards/TDs. But nobody knows how he’ll perform with the mallet finger now that he’s practiced with it and has a better splint.

Thanks. I think I’m leaning Tua and Taysom myself. I’ve held on to Tannehill all year but I need to drop one for an emergency R/W/T position. For this week, week 16 and week 17 and barring more injury Tua/Taysom gives me the best shot at points.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Elijah Moore just put on IR.

holy poo poo Sony was available, perfect timing whew! :thumbsup:

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

sourdough posted:

I don't think it's dynasty, he's probably asking for a redraft 2nd or 3rd next year

It’s keeper but I wouldn’t be able keep him. There’s a whole other aspect of bidding and salary cap that I didn’t get into for the sake of making GBS threads up the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Thanks. I think I’m leaning Tua and Taysom myself. I’ve held on to Tannehill all year but I need to drop one for an emergency R/W/T position. For this week, week 16 and week 17 and barring more injury Tua/Taysom gives me the best shot at points.
Yeah I'm sorry, van fem has a better breakdown than my dumb post did. I didnt look at Tua's matchups or anything, I just went on him being money despite his OL.