Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Going to choose to believe that she actually means 7/8ths of a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

HIJK posted:

hahahahahaahahah recommending the butt battle anime hhahahahahahah

This is why they always need to specify what show/game/media they're talking about.

Though given how open they were with that, in retrospect it sets off a lot of fake alarms. But it's less tedious than the real story probably would be.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Hughlander posted:

AITA for inviting the son of a public figure to a house party to call out my friend who claims he was related to the public figure?

Revenge of the Uncle at Nintendo!

pure pwnage

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Chloe Jessica posted:

remember all the stories Pick used to tell about Hugh? it's that, but without the added experience of knowing for a fact that the person's entire life revolves around seeking validation from emotionally unavailable men

oh man what a blast from the past. Pick definitely was something awful.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

quote:

So me (F24) and my best friend (M38) have been best friends for around 7/8 years now and have always been on and off friends with benefits.

quote:

No matter how our lives went I.e one of us moved farther away, one of us had kids or one of us got into a serious relationship, we somehow always found our way back to each other.

:stonk:

Dude definitely cheated on a wife and kids with his groomed "friend" and is now trying to wrangle with his guilt and distance himself, lol

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Mx. posted:

I [16M] am trying to make my dad and his mistress/girlfriend's life a living hell

drat it feels good to be a gangster

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
The woman (28f) I am seeing (non exclusive) left the party with another man in front of me (27m) now she is calling me again

Oh! There was a second update? Maybe he actually took Reddit's advice and just left gracefully, learning to be more mindful of potential red flags in the future, or.... Nah.

quote:

Update #2- So I just came back after having dinner with her. I asked her to be my gf and she accepted it instantly, lol, so thats settled. Also I told her to refrain from any games/testing in the future and just talk to me if she has any issues/doubts and she agreed. I reminded her that although we had a rough start to our relationship, we can make the next phase a much smoother one if we just agreed to communicate even on the difficult issues and she was in complete agreement. Since it was our first date as officially bf and gf I thought not to push the issue and then we went for dinner to her favorite Sushi place. I still cant eat well with chopsticks so I had to call for fork while she ate Sushi with chopsticks like a boss, lol. So that was he update, we are exclusive bf and gf now and I am really happy. Thank you for all of you who made me realize that waiting till Friday was futile.

Oh course, Reddit is tearing him a new one, making fun of how much of an idiot he is, and wondering how many weeks/months until he makes a new thread about the inevitable drama

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

TheWeedNumber posted:

drat it feels good to be a gangster

Everybody gangsta until your stepkid ditches you out at the outlet stores.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

mllaneza posted:

Everybody gangsta until your stepkid ditches you out at the outlet stores.

dude wheres my car lmfao

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Pleads posted:

:stonk:

Dude definitely cheated on a wife and kids with his groomed "friend" and is now trying to wrangle with his guilt and distance himself, lol

I dunno. The wording is weirdly ambiguous. It could be she torpedoed her marriage because the guy who groomed her lives inside her head and pulled some strings to mess around for a bit.

gently caress, this story's a depressing one.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Miserable Maid posted:

The woman (28f) I am seeing (non exclusive) left the party with another man in front of me (27m) now she is calling me again

Oh! There was a second update? Maybe he actually took Reddit's advice and just left gracefully, learning to be more mindful of potential red flags in the future, or.... Nah.

Oh course, Reddit is tearing him a new one, making fun of how much of an idiot he is, and wondering how many weeks/months until he makes a new thread about the inevitable drama

He writes like a teenager and also no acknowledgement of the majority of the original commenters telling him to ditch the adult woman that's playing teenager games. So maybe they are both perfect together.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Mx. posted:

AITA for threatening to disinvite my parents from my wedding for their ignorant comments?

quote:

she doesn’t complain about ‘small things’. By that I mean comments my parents make out of ignorance, like teasing her for her name, making jokes about terrorists (her family are not practicing Muslims), how our children will all be called Mohammed, saying they would give our kids ‘English nicknames’ because we’re planning to give them cultural names. Or calling her an ‘Indian kitchen maid’ if she’s doing chores, telling her when she gets pregnant she’ll have a ‘Delhi Belly’.
You know, "small things".

quote:

my dad started talking to them in a put on Indian accent. My mum kept asking her mum about dowries and forced marriages, which confused them because they were obviously not that traditional if they were happy with their daughter marrying me. She also asked her mum if I died, would my fiancee jump into the cremation fire. Kept calling our Indian wedding (which they wanted!) a big costume party. Then my dad after some drinks started making bomb jokes when the waiter came, like “oh, be careful, Mr X might blow this place up if you don’t do his steak right!”.
Who would have thought this could happen?

quote:

maybe our wedding is one costume party they may not be invited to. (They would be, I just said it out of anger)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling of my sister for upsetting my wife?

quote:

On Thanksgiving my wife noticed whenever she was breastfeeding our 2 month-old daughter that my sister would turn off the camera [my sister wasn't there and she videoed in on WebEx in for most of the gathering]. I kind of feel like a heel for not noticing however there was about 20 people and everyone was visiting and talking and the laptop with my sister getting passed around. It was my wife who noticed it wasn't technical difficulties like my sister and uncle said [it was his laptop] and she pointed this out to me on our flight home.

I confronted my sister about it and my sister's response was she felt uncomfortable seeing my wife's breasts. She acknowledged flashing or jostling can happen and since she was uncomfortable with seeing them she turned the camera off. I thought she would deny it because as the host and we could see her actions on Webex but she admitted it. She replied she turned it off because she didn't want to say something and upset my wife over an issue that wasn't hers. Well, it still upset my wife so mission not accomplished. I want her to apologize but she dug her heels in even after I asked her to grow the hell up. Both of us believe we are correct so she's not apologizing even after I said there won't be a repeat at Christmas.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Sad story but the spoiler was :drat:

Trying to regain trust and fix my relationship after keying car

quote:

I am 19 years old and she’s 18 years old. we’ve Been together since 2019 and our relationship has good and we love each other a lot. Starting in September i admit I started to act a little mean and wasn’t putting in nearly as much effort as I should. I’m the type of guy that doesn’t really show much emotion and I didn’t even realize it that was affecting her til recently. Halloween was the last time we were on good terms before November started. The month started with her saying she was losing feelings for me because she felt I was neglecting her and wasn’t the same as when we first met.

This immediately flipped a switch and I decided it was no reason for me to act like this and got my act together. Wish I’d done that earlier because ever since that day she’s acted so uninterested in me even afterI’ve made a complete 360 turn around. I believe that she is still mad that it took me so long to change.

Days later she drops the bomb on me that she wanted to take a break and it kinda set me off. I stupidly let my anger get the best of me and broke up with her that night after we got into an argument. The next day I went to her job and keyed her car. I didn’t have the intention to do that when I went there it was off impulse and anger. still one of the worst decisions I’ve made in my young life so far. The car was vinyl wrapped and in her mother’s name and on her insurance. We ended up making up anyways but days later She found out about the markings and was extremely mad at me. I felt so bad and I paid nearly a thousand dollars and possibly more if the actual paint is scratched,still waiting on an update. She forgave but her parents completely hate me now especially her mom who is usually the nice one.

What makes this huge is that her parents blessing means a lot to her and they do not trust me . I do not blame them I can imagine me as a parent and somebody doing that to my daughter. Anyways I’ve been trying to make it up to her and her parents, by doing all I can to regain trust. We talk everyday still but are currently not together.

I know that we are young but I really love this girl and want to make it all right but a lot has happened. She says that she has a hard time looking at me the same since all this happened. It’s been rough but I see my mistakes and am willing to fix it. I would appreciate any advice or pointers and I’ll make updates overtime.

TL;DR : made terrible decisions in my relationship now I’m trying to fix it but don’t know where to start or what to do.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Miserable Maid posted:

I love watching people implode all their goodwill from other people. Like you can just feel yourself go from empathy to "JC Denton saying what a shame"

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling of my sister for upsetting my wife?

Do these people want the wife’s tits immortalized on camera??? I would think most women would be appreciative that accidental exposure wasn’t captured on film.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Dazerbeams posted:

Do these people want the wife’s tits immortalized on camera??? I would think most women would be appreciative that accidental exposure wasn’t captured on film.

She wasn't making home movies, she was on a video call.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Dazerbeams posted:

OP said in a comment that his wife wants people to look. So...... yes? I think they do!

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

The first rule of anime club is never watch anime of any kind when other people might see

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

greazeball posted:

The first rule of anime club is never watch anime of any kind when other people might see

Actually the first rule is to never forget roll call

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

greazeball posted:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Nebrilos posted:

I read this and I have to question if the parents really do not already know their son is gay. They know he regularly goes over to another man's house for "sleepovers", just the two of them. Do they really not already know he is gay?

Idk about Egyption culture but I've literally come out to my asian parents, introduced them to my girlfriend who I live together with in one bedroom apartments, hold hands with her all the time, gone on multiple international trips to visit my parents together, introduced her to my grandma, my SIL gave us the bouquet at her wedding, etc

And my dad still asks me when I'm gona get a boyfriend

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

TheWeedNumber posted:

oh man what a blast from the past. Pick definitely was something awful.

Was Hugh the guy who hid under a truck to avoid talking to her

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

teen witch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Elissimpark posted:

He had a congenital heart problem, but I think he was in a sauna when it went down.

Yup. "On 5 August 2011, Shavershian suffered a heart attack in a sauna, while on vacation in Pattaya.[27] He was taken to a hospital, where doctors were unable to revive him.[3][10][18] His family and friends placed news of his death on Facebook. His death was confirmed on 9 August 2011 by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).[6] An autopsy revealed a previously undiagnosed congenital heart defect.[6] His family stated he had shown several minor symptoms in the few months leading up to August 2011, including high blood pressure and occasional shortness of breath. He had a family history of heart problems.[6]"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

teen witch posted:

Stop making me feel old.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xun posted:

Idk about Egyption culture but I've literally come out to my asian parents, introduced them to my girlfriend who I live together with in one bedroom apartments, hold hands with her all the time, gone on multiple international trips to visit my parents together, introduced her to my grandma, my SIL gave us the bouquet at her wedding, etc

And my dad still asks me when I'm gona get a boyfriend

Hey, look, being gay doesn't mean you can't have grandchildren and if you're gonna be choosy, choose the best. Source: Rural China Grandma.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Nm

Propaniac fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 12, 2021

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Barudak posted:

Hey, look, being gay doesn't mean you can't have grandchildren and if you're gonna be choosy, choose the best. Source: Rural China Grandma.

Confucianism: *taps watch* filial duty when?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

exmachina posted:

His wife comes from a culture that doesn't adopt the husband's name. Many Asian cultures don't and when I think of long names Thai and sri Lankan come to mind first.

Yeah I learned about this when my thai coworker could immediately tell that a new thai coworker was higher social class because his name was longer. The full name of the thai king is like 2 pages long. Long names is a big deal there.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Mx. posted:

I [16M] am trying to make my dad and his mistress/girlfriend's life a living hell

i like this kid

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Yeah I learned about this when my thai coworker could immediately tell that a new thai coworker was higher social class because his name was longer. The full name of the thai king is like 2 pages long. Long names is a big deal there.

The long names are actually because there’s a Thai law that Thai citizens have to have a unique last name to their family. Thailand also has the largest Chinese population outside of China itself a demographic famous for only having roughly 100 surnames for over a billion people so when those Chinese people become citizens they have to invent an entirely new surname that won’t get them made fun of and is preferably meaningful and auspicious and all the short ones are already taken so they just become longer and longer and longer.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Few things make me want it burn down the world more than when someone suggests that someone shouldn't name their child what they want because they work in some sort of bureaucracy or admin and seeing a name like that would make their jobs one iota harder so they warn folks not to

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The long names are actually because there’s a Thai law that Thai citizens have to have a unique last name to their family. Thailand also has the largest Chinese population outside of China itself a demographic famous for only having roughly 100 surnames for over a billion people so when those Chinese people become citizens they have to invent an entirely new surname that won’t get them made fun of and is preferably meaningful and auspicious and all the short ones are already taken so they just become longer and longer and longer.

irl the username problem, and I thought the screen actors guild had it bad

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Few things make me want it burn down the world more than when someone suggests that someone shouldn't name their child what they want because they work in some sort of bureaucracy or admin and seeing a name like that would make their jobs one iota harder so they warn folks not to

counterpoint: X Æ A-12

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
That's the exception that proves the rule. You gotta reach that hard just to not be an rear end in a top hat.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I understood that as it would make the named person’s life more difficult because it made others lives more difficult.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
yes there's obviously arguments to be made that it makes the person's life more difficult, and there's no shortage of folks who change their names for just that reason, and more power to them

but we all know at least one person who is like, don't give your kid a hyphenated name, then I'll have to type extra in my forms! and I truly hate that person and their loving forms, gently caress your system built on a narrow view naming arghllllll

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I have a spanish and a norwegian last name, and my son now has a spanish, norwegian and scottish last name. There's a hyphen in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm Hyphen