Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eau de MacGowan posted:

rangnick getting the authority to tell pogba to go kick rocks is sadly a Really Good Thing for united

also lumping jlingz in with martial and pogba jsnt fair, jljngz is just poo poo but he means well

oh yeah, no issue with lingard leaving to get a first-team spot elsewhere

more just that him and martial are likely both on the "wants to go and the club wants to shift" list at this stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

J Hume posted:

Who's going to win the "most step-overs" trophy next year at PSG, Pogba or Neymar?

Well he's already won the "most likely to sell NFTs of himself" award, right?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

the sex ghost posted:

It is interesting that ralfs got his big boy boots on straight away. Usually man united managers wait until they've completely lost the dressing room before they start throwing their weight around

helps that he's only gotta do 6 months of being the manager then can do more long term direction stuff

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I'm baffled over Lingard tbh I genuinely think there's talent there I dunno what he's doing in training that's not convinced Ole, Carrick or Rangnick. We're hoping to overtake West Ham and he absolutely lit it up there.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I agree OP, he's a supremely talented fashion designer and has been faffing about with this football thing and wasting his talent for far too long

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

lingard's purple patch at west ham isn't going to be replicable but he's obviously not a bad player, he's just trapped in the Pogba Zone (he can't get a start ahead of bruno fernandes in his best position)

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just watching yesterday's unpleasantness. I mean you can play with all your silly machines etc but that last penalty was not a pen. I have seen them given though and wasn't expecting a huge amount from the game. Add it to the 'played really well but could have done with a bit of luck' pile

After the equaliser I did do a lol at Chelsea just casually bringing Lukaku on while Leeds replaced Dan James with a 12 year old which has been the problem all season. No Phillips, no Cooper, bench full of toddlers. City away on Tuesday should be a laugh

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Leeds heading to the Championship with Newcasbah.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Still not concerning myself with the r word but I have increasingly been woken up in the middle of the night to Colin Murray standing in my back garden wordlessly gesturing to a picture of kalvin phillips in a man united shirt

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Just watching yesterday's unpleasantness. I mean you can play with all your silly machines etc but that last penalty was not a pen.

It's extremely a dive and I have no idea how VAR allowed it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

but I have increasingly been woken up in the middle of the night to Colin Murray standing in my back garden wordlessly gesturing to a picture of kalvin phillips in a man united shirt

Good. :twisted:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1470065733979852803

I feel like there's a nother covid break looming on the horizon

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Just lol if the season gets postponed and then has to run into next summer with the Winter WC next year too

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It's, what? Leicester, Tottenham, Man Utd, Norwich, Brentford with significant outbreaks now?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

It's, what? Leicester, Tottenham, Man Utd, Norwich, Brentford with significant outbreaks now?

Just have them forfeit their games until they are all clear.

Fine. Done.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That sounds not funny!!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1470073416548073472
Ok it's all popping off now

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Yeah.

Bet on another locked down Christmas

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

gently caress. What are we going to watch over Christmas now

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

Still not concerning myself with the r word but I have increasingly been woken up in the middle of the night to Colin Murray standing in my back garden wordlessly gesturing to a picture of kalvin phillips in a man united shirt

making a note right now on my 2022 cool animes calendar to make a "is that... Colin Murray... in the garden?" joke sometime in April

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

tarbrush posted:

Yeah.

Bet on another locked down Christmas

Absolutely better not be

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

apparently the BBC have commissed two christmas specials of Mrs Brown's Boys

luckily you still have 12 days left to catch the rona

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

FullLeatherJacket posted:

apparently the BBC have commissed two christmas specials of Mrs Brown's Boys

luckily you still have 12 days left to catch the rona
:suicide:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/CharDuncker/status/1470074100110475282

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

CyberPingu posted:

Weekend at Liz's

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

CyberPingu posted:

https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976?s=21

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Nah it's still incredibly funny if the season gets postponed again

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Connor Roberts is "very ill" in hospital (not covid).

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/JayMotty/status/1469797171289636868

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Tactics Tim’s most coherent thought ever?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/AdamCrafton_/status/1470293892515962883

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Leeds haven't had any outbreaks or any players saying they've not had the jab so I'm taking this to mean that bielsa has done a 9000 slide PowerPoint explaining why they need to be careful, and not just that they've been told to not be stupid on social media

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Leeds haven't had any outbreaks or any players saying they've not had the jab so I'm taking this to mean that bielsa has done a 9000 slide PowerPoint explaining why they need to be careful, and not just that they've been told to not be stupid on social media

Speaking of Leeds

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1470326615968296963

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

CyberPingu posted:

re-runs of last christmas matches

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
a couple months ago Klopp said like 99% of the Liverpool squad were fully vaccinated so I hope they're all fine and boosted and the Premier League is forced to go ahead with festive fixtures because of TV contracts and Liverpool demolish a bunch of children 20-0.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

yeah can't wait until players are off to AFCON next month

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

a couple months ago Klopp said like 99% of the Liverpool squad were fully vaccinated so I hope they're all fine and boosted and the Premier League is forced to go ahead with festive fixtures because of TV contracts and Liverpool demolish a bunch of children 20-0.

Norway's currently popping off with omikron and it seems to pretty much ignore if people are double vaccinated or not, in terms of getting infected. No data on severety of illness yet.

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

ZeeBoi posted:

yeah can't wait until players are off to AFCON next month

I had forgotten about that - of course I'm sure it won't be an infection vector at all ....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1470406393962315785

E: Outbreak confirmed at Brighton as well now. Looking more and more like the Christmas schedule is hosed

TheRat fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 13, 2021