Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hattie Masters posted:

Ultimate Muscle (aka Kinnikuman Nisei which I have undoubtedly mangled) about that guy's son is the greatest anime of all time, entirely because of its theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRwJvOm395E

This was from the height of 4kids butchering anime in dubs (they turned One Piece, which could have been the next Naruto given its wild popularity pretty much everywhere, into a failure in the West with legendarily terrible hackjob of a dub) but they actually did a pretty decent job with this, and apparently loved it so much they ordered extra episodes just for the dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Excited for when they inevitably enter this thread to tell us how much worse D&D is or some poo poo

You do not, in fact, have to hand it to the genocidal succession misunderstander

How is that post not bannable lol

edit: the full post is 10 times longer and even more depraved

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

xtal posted:

How is that post not bannable lol

edit: the full post is 10 times longer and even more depraved

It's the official view of one of the most popular subforums and its mods. If anything you are at a greater risk of getting banned for disagreeing.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Regarde Aduck posted:

you know, he made his point badly because no one cares that he's that mad about tv, but kinda feels he has a point

i also don't get why you'd watch a show about awful people being awful, fictional or not. It's just it feels like a 'roll your eyes and move on' kinda thing not worth a huge paragraph complete with reference to climate change jammed in.

because its funny

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Click on any one of that goon's probes and scroll; you will find minimum 3 other goons threatposting. They will have 2010-2012 reg dates, an empty rap sheet until 2016, then an exasperated probe about genocide once a month.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi guys! I just thought I’d drop into the thread and try to educate you drooling fuckshits.

:lol:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cosmic Thing posted:

Hi guys! I just thought I’d drop into the thread and try to educate you drooling fuckshits.

:lol:

Why do people do this dumb Twitter poo poo, I don't get it. (Not you)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Heath posted:

It predates twitter by quite alot

You can see people doing it in old af threads from the dawn of the internet

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heath posted:

thanks for the parenthetical note. it's like you get me. :P

I don't either but idc. They are just giving me something to laugh at :shrug:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cosmic Thing posted:

thanks for the parenthetical note. it's like you get me. :P

I don't either but idc. They are just giving me something to laugh at :shrug:

Sorry I just didn't want it to look like I was not reading the sarcasm

RFC2324 posted:

It predates twitter by quite alot

You can see people doing it in old af threads from the dawn of the internet

I mean, sure, Maddox et al were doing that poo poo when I first got on the internet, but it's something I think reached its apex with Twitter, and it's something I always associate with the tedious "Sit down and listen up fuckknuckles and shitwhistles, I'm going to explain to you asswads why Toad from Mario is actually Luigi's dead son. THREAD. 1/209"

Heath has a new favorite as of 18:38 on Dec 12, 2021

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

smellmycheese posted:

Some fun in the “Succession” thread , where everyone generally enjoys a good natured chat about the ups and downs in their favourite TV show , when suddenly this guy comes swinging in with his hot take

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982116&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=28#post519903062

Admirable, really, that one of those CSPAM climate collapse threadposters would finally take a break from rules lawyering about violent fantasy probations

splifyphus posted:

ok so I totally get that I was brinkposting recklessly and deserved the probe. for my own clarification, what is the difference between my incitement to violence, and this emoticon :killing:

cuz like, that's a real emoticon that this forum has, and it gets used a lot! kinda sets the tone.

to remind a thread where people talk about the Succession tv show that they are actually spectators being drugged by the spectacle feeding their impoverished social life and class alienation. Now that's the kind of direct action we need more of!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Just finished reading La Société du Spectacle. I run yipping and howling through the streets with my newfound drive for détournement, before falling through an open manhole into the Parisian catacombs. I spend my final 72 hours screaming at the skeletons in the walls.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune
Ok sure, maybe explicity calling for the mass murder of millions of people in a psychotic orgy of violence I've convinced myself is righteous was just a teensy bit over the line. But have you considered this smilie

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

you know, he made his point badly because no one cares that he's that mad about tv, but kinda feels he has a point

i also don't get why you'd watch a show about awful people being awful, fictional or not. It's just it feels like a 'roll your eyes and move on' kinda thing not worth a huge paragraph complete with reference to climate change jammed in.

And yet people won't shut up about how Seinfeld is actually good.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

smellmycheese posted:

Some fun in the “Succession” thread , where everyone generally enjoys a good natured chat about the ups and downs in their favourite TV show , when suddenly this guy comes swinging in with his hot take

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982116&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=28#post519903062

Footage of the person entering the thread.

Just shockmastering right in.

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

IGgy IGsen posted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

IGgy IGsen posted:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

fun hater posted:

because its funny
confusing name/post combo :confused:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

And yet people won't shut up about how Seinfeld is actually good.

Those people are wrong.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Seinfeld is for cunts too

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Okay keith buckley

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If enjoying Seinfeld makes me a oval office, I don't want to be right.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Nuns with Guns posted:

I spend my final 72 hours screaming at the skeletons in the walls.

a Good Death

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This is the skeleton.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ynj6w2tII

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
as a government employee and union man, Newman is an enemy of the bourgeoisie; this is why the comedian hates him

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

Imagine unironically saying "here, let me try to educate you drooling fuckshits."

On the other hand, he’s got a point about being amazed anyone in TVIV is actually smart enough to even find the POST button. Hell, all of SA probably counts too :v:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
TVIV is the worst. A howling pit of people too stupid to follow a plot, whining about how bad programmes are that they have on in the background, running at 1.25x speed, while they fold laundry. Turning around just long enough to post "sideboob" or call a woman character the hard C.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

On the other hand, he’s got a point about being amazed anyone in TVIV is actually smart enough to even find the POST button. Hell, all of SA probably counts too :v:

:razz:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

TVIV is the worst. A howling pit of people too stupid to follow a plot, whining about how bad programmes are that they have on in the background, running at 1.25x speed, while they fold laundry. Turning around just long enough to post "sideboob" or call a woman character the hard C.

Does make you wonder how much of the internet's rage is really just rooted in people choosing a poor way to enjoy something

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
seinfeld is good wtf

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Seinfeld is alright. It has its good points and its bad points

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The Beard and The Chinese Woman are both really bad

Cosmic Thing
Sep 24, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Hygiene posted:

Seinfeld is alright. It has its good points and its bad points

I never could get into that show honestly.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Without Seinfeld we wouldn't have this tweet, so I can't hate it:

https://twitter.com/marinaxdove/status/1469915204133793793

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuns with Guns posted:

The deviant thread is over there

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What episode is this from? Want to check something.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Nuns with Guns posted:

I hate this

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Paladinus posted:

What episode is this from? Want to check something.

i think its The Glasses, when she gets bitten by the dog

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

alf_pogs posted:

i think its The Glasses, when she gets bitten by the dog

That's it, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i like Seinfeld but yeah some of the episodes uh really show their age. The Beard, The Cigar Store Indian, there's some not great stuff in there

JLD is amazing in it though, she gets given a lot of the most 'nothing' dialogue but she makes such a meal out of it