Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ever since I read a summary of Smackdown where the overarching story of the show was Roman trying to figure out who booked the main event, only to discover it was Adam Pearce, the booker, I'm not surprised by any whiplash I get from any of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Digital Jedi posted:

Show opens with Lashley and MVP
Kevin Owens interrupted.
Seth Rollins interrupted
Big E interrupted.
Pearce and Deville interrupted.
Lashley will face the 3 in a gauntlet match to determine who faces Big E at Day 1

Big E had a chance to face Big E?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/shk66/status/1470606822700634116?t=2xtwc0EW61qFkfbFIjc0Dg&s=19

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

BrigadierSensible posted:

Bo Dallas was good.

I still Bo Lieve.

The best champion NXT ever had.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Penguin Patrol posted:

Big E had a chance to face Big E?

I was thinking about that as the main event was going on. Since Lashley already beat KO and Seth I figured some gently caress finish so it becomes a fatal 4 way at day 1 but they had Lashley pin the champ! Which means he gets to try to do the same again! Exciting!

How is Big E doing?

stolen From Reddit posted:

Big E has lost his 7th match since becoming champ in September.
1. Sept 20th: Roman beats Big E & Bobby Lashley

2. Sept 20th: The Bloodline beat The New Day

3. Oct 11th: The Usos beat Big E & Drew McIntyre

4. Nov 15th: Rollins & The Usos beat Big E & RK-Bro

5. Nov. 21st: Roman beats Big E

6. Nov 29th: Owens beats Big E

7. Dec 13th: Lashley beats Big E

Singles Record As Champ: 7-4-1 (1 No Contest)

Tag-Team Record As Champ: 5-3-0

And he has been pinned at least twice.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 14, 2021

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I dunno why but I’m honestly shocked by how high up they’re willing to go in their quest to make the performers look like poo poo. If you don’t care about presenting fringe main event people like Rhea or Finn well, what’s your endgame from a talent management perspective? Just assume you can get away with a core of ~5 protected wrestlers and everything else is interchangeable?

To be fair, that honestly might not be too far off-base in terms of short-term audience retention. But the halfassed push -> aggressively dogshit booking -> “This person isn’t worth anything, let em go” cycle is getting quicker and more severe, not to mention the people who are willing to walk away from the company voluntarily. At a certain point you think you’d be a little more thoughtful just to ensure you have the minimum number of adequately credible bodies for your product to be viable

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Digital Jedi posted:

RAW

Miz TV with Miz & Maryse and Edge comes out
I don't care to listen to them. I know it ended with Maryse slapping Miz and storming off.

Does this mean that Maryse is teaming up with Edge? Why?

Is she turning face, or is Edge turning heel with Miz as the face?

None of that sounds good or right.

(Or did you just mistype, and Maryse slapped Edge? Which whilst boring and trite, at least makes sense in terms of the feud.)

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Edge was gonna spear Miz in the corner, but Miz grabbed Maryse as a human shield and he put the brakes on, then she slapped Miz

storytelling.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hirez posted:

Edge was gonna spear Miz in the corner, but Miz grabbed Maryse as a human shield

storytelling.

This will end with Maryse costing Edge the match at the end of the feud, and any friction between the married couple will be revealed as a clever ruse.

And it will be poo poo.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Man a taimapedia lolwwe would be endless

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
lol Didn't Seth win a battle royale or something to earn the right to face Big E at Day 1 and now we're at this?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

lol this camera cut

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
WWE is about putting frowns on faces, it’s literally what broke me as a fan I realized in totality that I am not crazy, they actually resented me personally for caring and structured their show in a way to make me, someone who cared, feel as bad as possible.

If wrestling is an ecosystem, they’re the Flair style heel NWA champion that’s what capitalism makes of anyone that ugly inside

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Superface Bob Lashley kicking rear end and overcoming the odds stacked against him will drag me a long way through a show, but man there isn’t a whole lot interesting to latch onto. The next best thing was probably Reggie did a cool flip in the 24/7 segment. Oh and R-Truth in a ghillie suit holding up a Christmas Tree was a pretty good gag.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DOUDROP

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TV Zombie posted:

E needs wins. Come on WWE.

1 week after winning the title from an injured man, he lost to roman twice in 1 night. Once in the opener and once in the main event. We got us a Rey Mysterio reign here. Or a Nikki ASH reign.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Stealing from reddit

quote:

> I was in my tag team match and I was just like staring at the crowd thinking about everything

> But then again I was thinking about nothing

> And then Vince came in and I didn’t even know he was there he called my name

> And I didn’t even hear it, and then he started screaming: JEFF! JEFF!

> And I go: What, what’s the matter?

> And he goes: What’s the matter with you?

> I go: There’s nothing wrong Vince

> And he goes: Don’t tell me that, you’re on drugs!

> And I go: No Vince I’m not on drugs I’m okay, I was just thinking you know,

> Why don’t you get me a Pink Slip

> And he goes: No you’re on drugs!

> I go: Vince I’m okay, I’m just thinking

> Vince goes: No you’re not thinking, you’re on drugs! Normal people don’t act that way!

> I go: Vince just give me a Pink Slip, please

> All I want is a Pink Slip, and he wouldn’t give it to me

> All I wanted was a Pink Slip, just one Pink Slip, and he wouldn’t give it to me

> Just a Pink Slip

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Whenever I see Viper Nevin come out as Doudrop I think about that Paul Heyman promo.

“ Viper, you were a champion. You were a killer. You were a WRESTLER.”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what’s a pink slip

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The term pink slip is a vernacular term that refers to a notice of dismissal given to an employee. A pink slip is an official notification that the worker's position has been eliminated or that the worker's services are no longer required. In other words, a pink slip is an informal name for a termination notice.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is veer mahan a reference to vince mcmahon (company owner)

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Cavauro posted:

is veer mahan a reference to vince mcmahon (company owner)

veencent rennedy mahan

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

If I have my Fast & Furious lingo correct Jeff Hardy got out of his WWE contract by beating Vincent Kennedy McMahon in a street race

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just sneeze multiple times in Vince’s presence.

Quickest way to get fired.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Remember how when Adam Page was up against Matt Hardy he signed a contract but then did a bugs bunny slight of hand switcharoo on the contract and then came out on top because he was the good guy but he's not dumb?

man imagine that for a babyface, not being dumb or easily distracted

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Lid posted:

Stealing from reddit

Hell yeah Suicidal Tendencies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoF_a0-7xVQ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

The "Veer is coming to Raw" vignettes began 49 days ago.

The entirety of Hit Row's main roster run from draft to release was 48 days.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/justmattkoon/status/1470582329013944324

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

DeepDickPizza posted:

lol Didn't Seth win a battle royale or something to earn the right to face Big E at Day 1 and now we're at this?
It's really quite simple!

Big E cashed in on Bobby Lashley to win the title, then beat him in a steel cage when Lashley demanded a rematch.

After the draft 'went into effect', Seth Rollins won a ladder match on October 26th to become the #1 contender to Big E's title, defeating Kevin Owens, Rey Mysterio, and Finn Balor.

The following week, Kevin Owens challenged Big E to a match, which I guess was non-title. Rollins attacked Big E during the match, and they played up that KO may or may not have seen the interference but tried to win the match even though there was interference. Big E attacked Kevin Owens for maybe trying to win the match.

Kevin Owens insisted he didn't turn heel, and challenged Rollins to a match with Big E on commentary. During the match Rollins shoved Owens into Big E and the two of them stared at each other so long that Owens got counted out and Rollins won. This made Owens so mad he attacked Big E.

Owens cut a promo the next week explaining how if no one will trust him, he shouldn't be trustworthy or something. At Survivor Series he walks out on Team Raw, but Raw still wins with Rollins as the sole survivor. Big E loses clean to Roman.

The next night Austin Theory is given a world title shot for stealing an egg and bringing it back. Seth remembers that he became the #1 contender like a month ago and comes out during the match, as does Kevin Owens because why not? Owens and Rollins argue at ringside, then Owens throws Rollins into the ring. This distracts Theory, allowing Big E to win. Big E beats up Rollins afterwards, which Rollins blames on Owens.

The following week Rollins laughs off getting his rear end kicked because he's the #1 contender. Owens says that Adam Pearce told him that if Owens cane beat Big E in a second non-title match, he will get added to the title match. Rollins is PISSED and yells at Adam Pearce, who tells Rollins that KO is lying and he never said anything like that. But Pearce likes the idea, so it is now true.

Seth Rollins comes down to commentary during the Big E/KO match and explains how Owens wants to get him so mad that he attacks KO, which would make KO win by DQ and get inserted into the match. He mentions this several times. Then he does it anyway, and KO laughs off getting his rear end kicked because it means he has a title shot now.

The next week they do Big E/Owens again, this time in a steel cage. Big E wins this time even though Rollins attacked both men, or I guess attacking both men doesn't give either person an advantage. After the match Big E kicks both KO and Rollins's asses, but then Lashley comes out and kills all three guys. He wants to be in the title match, given that he only lost one rematch and not a series of non-title matches.

Which leads to this week, where Lashley has to win matches against all three guys in order to enter into the title match, which was wildly overbooked.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Edge & Christian posted:

It's really quite simple!

Big E cashed in on Bobby Lashley to win the title, then beat him in a steel cage when Lashley demanded a rematch.

After the draft 'went into effect', Seth Rollins won a ladder match on October 26th to become the #1 contender to Big E's title, defeating Kevin Owens, Rey Mysterio, and Finn Balor.

The following week, Kevin Owens challenged Big E to a match, which I guess was non-title. Rollins attacked Big E during the match, and they played up that KO may or may not have seen the interference but tried to win the match even though there was interference. Big E attacked Kevin Owens for maybe trying to win the match.

Kevin Owens insisted he didn't turn heel, and challenged Rollins to a match with Big E on commentary. During the match Rollins shoved Owens into Big E and the two of them stared at each other so long that Owens got counted out and Rollins won. This made Owens so mad he attacked Big E.

Owens cut a promo the next week explaining how if no one will trust him, he shouldn't be trustworthy or something. At Survivor Series he walks out on Team Raw, but Raw still wins with Rollins as the sole survivor. Big E loses clean to Roman.

The next night Austin Theory is given a world title shot for stealing an egg and bringing it back. Seth remembers that he became the #1 contender like a month ago and comes out during the match, as does Kevin Owens because why not? Owens and Rollins argue at ringside, then Owens throws Rollins into the ring. This distracts Theory, allowing Big E to win. Big E beats up Rollins afterwards, which Rollins blames on Owens.

The following week Rollins laughs off getting his rear end kicked because he's the #1 contender. Owens says that Adam Pearce told him that if Owens cane beat Big E in a second non-title match, he will get added to the title match. Rollins is PISSED and yells at Adam Pearce, who tells Rollins that KO is lying and he never said anything like that. But Pearce likes the idea, so it is now true.

Seth Rollins comes down to commentary during the Big E/KO match and explains how Owens wants to get him so mad that he attacks KO, which would make KO win by DQ and get inserted into the match. He mentions this several times. Then he does it anyway, and KO laughs off getting his rear end kicked because it means he has a title shot now.

The next week they do Big E/Owens again, this time in a steel cage. Big E wins this time even though Rollins attacked both men, or I guess attacking both men doesn't give either person an advantage. After the match Big E kicks both KO and Rollins's asses, but then Lashley comes out and kills all three guys. He wants to be in the title match, given that he only lost one rematch and not a series of non-title matches.

Which leads to this week, where Lashley has to win matches against all three guys in order to enter into the title match, which was wildly overbooked.

Sobering

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

from someone who was there

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/rg5m5h/i_tried_raw_tonight_in_person_ringside_and_i_have/

quote:

I tried Raw tonight in person ringside and I have some thoughts..
Just for reference I've been to previous WWE shows many years ago, Dynamite in Milwaukee this year, and all AEW Full Gear and Rampage in Minnesota.

This was the biggest letdown. Firstly the venue advertised the Mysterios vs. The street profits - didn't happen.

Fatal 4 way advertised - Didn't happen

Bianca and Becky title Match - Dark match with no stakes.

Secondly, I swear there are more commercials at a WWE Raw taping than at home. I swear it went in sequence of entrance, 3 ads, 1 backstage promo, then the cameras cut back on and there's 0 energy.

WWE has become so over produced that it felt so boring and "fake". While I know this term is not used lightly I mean in storyline and direction. It all felt like useless information for people to just gobble up.

The above points were likely attributed to the fact that children outnumbered adults 3 to 1 at this event. But the other massive issue I had was with entering.

THE SEAT FILLERS. There was literally a massive line of people at the gate with specified wristbands for seat filling. It was the longest and most dense line at the main gate.

Overall I really didn't enjoy my experience, I really tried to get into the matches but it felt directionless.

Do any of you have WWE live experiences? I just hope people understand this isn't me trying to bash a product, it just really made me disheartened to see a product I used to love be so utterly disconnected from what I feel it's roots were.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

can i get an egg update? Have they found the egg yet, do people still applaud the egg?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve only ever been to one WWE show and it was a house show on that tour of the UK when Roman was sick, and they had Triple H in The Shield instead.

It was pretty OK but I’ve had a better time at even the most low rent bingo halliest of indies. It just seemed like “go to a WWE show” was something worth ticking off the lifelong wrestling fan to-do list at the time.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
I went to a live show when I was young and watched Rikishi do a flying splash off the top of a steel cage. Now people go to live shows and watch Randy Orton put on a jacket.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

projecthalaxy posted:

can i get an egg update? Have they found the egg yet, do people still applaud the egg?

20 minutes of every show is just egg talk.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
The last WWE show I went to was this year's Money in the Bank (my brother bought my ticket to go with him and my nephew). It was actually pretty fun, I think that was mainly because the arena was pretty full and everyone was jazzed about a live event again. The main event of Edge vs Reigns went on forever and then we missed John Cena returning because we didn't want to get stuck in traffic.

Then I went to the AEW Dynamite a few days later and that blew Money in the Bank out of the water. The arena had half as many people, but so much more energy.

In my future I now have Winter is Coming to attend tomorrow and my brother got me a ticket for one of the Wrestlemania nights to go with them again. I'm actually kind of dreading Mania because the other one I went to (32) felt like a death march.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Havoc904 posted:

The last WWE show I went to was this year's Money in the Bank (my brother bought my ticket to go with him and my nephew). It was actually pretty fun, I think that was mainly because the arena was pretty full and everyone was jazzed about a live event again. The main event of Edge vs Reigns went on forever and then we missed John Cena returning because we didn't want to get stuck in traffic.

Then I went to the AEW Dynamite a few days later and that blew Money in the Bank out of the water. The arena had half as many people, but so much more energy.

In my future I now have Winter is Coming to attend tomorrow and my brother got me a ticket for one of the Wrestlemania nights to go with them again. I'm actually kind of dreading Mania because the other one I went to (32) felt like a death march.

at least you got to see Ryback's second-to-last PPV match

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The last WWE show I went to was a Raw at Barclays in 2017 and it was one of the shows where the crowd had beach balls, and at the time even people here were shaming the beach ball fun havers, but in the end, we were right.

Distracting yourself with something else is the only way to enjoy yourself at a WWE show

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

last WWE show I went to was a RAW in 2000. Rock/Jericho vs. Benoit/Triple H in the main event. Vince gave a you people promo. Good times.

I swear there was a time a couple months ago when WWE's response to AEW's rise was fast-tracked MOAR wrestling. Every network gets a HIAC! Gauntlets for everyone!

These recaps, oof. Distraction finish, distraction finish, DQ, DQ, etc., etc., and nothing goes more than like two minutes. Nick Khan's "halfass booking for loser characters still draws the same as trying" put to the test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Last WWE show I went to was the first Brooklyn Takeover at the Barclays and the difference between then and now is loving staggering.