Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Everywhere has cool megafauna until homo sapiens turned up and ruined the joint. Even North America also had a species of lion and cheetah (the latter may be related species or an example of convergent evolution). The second fastest land animal, the Pronghorn Antelope, may have evolved it's speed to avoid the american cheetah.

edit: the worst top page post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Congratulations* to Max* Verstappen for winning* the 2021 WDC*

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Modulo16 posted:

I also have a ninja air fryer. It’s very useful, I use it 1-2 times a week.

I've said this before but air fryers and instant pots became my "I like owls" in that my family seem to assume I collect them, so now I have three of each.

I use the air fryer max twice a day, kids may use it once as well.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Azza Bamboo posted:

One thing that I've been pondering on is how things would look if we took each race of this year's calendar and shuffled it. How would we feel about Abu Dhabi if it was somewhere in the middle?

I just think that, with all the talk being about consistency, it's a useful exercise to treat the race as though it were any race rather than getting tied up in the emotions of it being the championship decider.

The thing is that the race happened as it did because it was the last race. If it weren't a title decider, it would just have ended behind the safety car.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Pablo Bluth posted:

Everywhere has cool megafauna until homo sapiens turned up and ruined the joint. Even North America also had a species of lion and cheetah (the latter may be related species or an example of convergent evolution). The second fastest land animal, the Pronghorn Antelope, may have evolved it's speed to avoid the american cheetah.

edit: the worst top page post.

It wasn't about F1 so it's inherently better than all the other posts

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

poty posted:

Congratulations* to Max* Verstappen for winning* the 2021 WDC*

Kudos on that ith championship, Maxterisk "Not Really WDC" Verstappen. Maybe some day you'll win one that counts (like the 7 Lewis has).

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I got your cast iron AI powered rice cooker right here thread

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I cook using only artisanally burning car wrecks which is why I don't have enough money to buy an airfryer.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Lewis has a dodgy championship because it was Tim O'Glock o'clock

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

refleks posted:

I'm not British. I'm Danish. So, "Suck my balls, mate"

Rød pølse med brød

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Quizzlefish posted:

I agree with a lot of sentiment on this. Seems odd that you can harangue a sports official to change their mind. It almost never happens in most other sports.

While they might not change the immediate call, players and coaches in both football and basketball are constantly haranguing the refs to try and influence the next call or get a makeup call.

Tom Brady can get late flags in his favor by complaining, but a ref will straight up tell a rookie he hasn't been around long enough to get that call, it's all bullshit.

Need to remove all human intervention in all sports officiating.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
'Your call sucked, do better next time' is different to 'change this previous call' tho

I think the difference is huge personally. Although I agree that both suck

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

An insane mind posted:

I cook using only artisanally burning car wrecks which is why I don't have enough money to buy an airfryer.

Would it surprise you to learn that there is a hipster market near me selling £10 artisanal hot dogs cooked on 1960s mini’s which have been turned into grills.

The loving buns are sourdough

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Azza Bamboo posted:

One thing that I've been pondering on is how things would look if we took each race of this year's calendar and shuffled it. How would we feel about Abu Dhabi if it was somewhere in the middle?
Abu Dhabi is one of the too many 'whatever' tracks, so it can go anywhere. But all seasons should end at Interlagos. :colbert:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Every F1 season should be the same calendar that I drove hundreds of times when playing Grand Prix 2 badly as a child

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Abu Dhabi notwithstanding (the outcome was at least understandable if not within the letter of the law), the biggest farce of the year was still Spa. Points being awarded for that nonsense was and is garbage.

Lewis WDC by removing all points from Spa.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Why don't they just do like 20 races at Monza and Spa

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Rotate through Monza, Imola and Mugello five or six times, with side trips to Melbourne, Spa, Suzuka and Interlagos. Maaaaybe also COTA, Baku and Monaco. But definitely not Silverstone.

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Did the fans who went to the Spa race get any kid of refund or compensation? I found articles of f1 considering "options" but no follow up of anything happening.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Hey, it turns out F1 cars are a wee bit better than Indycars...

https://twitter.com/PatricioOWard/status/1470731818513141766

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Payndz posted:

Rotate through Monza, Imola and Mugello five or six times, with side trips to Melbourne, Spa, Suzuka and Interlagos. Maaaaybe also COTA, Baku and Monaco. But definitely not Silverstone.

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve owns tho. Why would Melbourne over that.

Big lol at Baku being a maybe along side Cota and monaco

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Solus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIpO5uVTd_w

This is truly the most powerful radio message i've ever listened to

masi's dismissive hate for toto's annoying rules lawyering is so powerful, i love it

VV im not saying its good for the sport or anything, its just extremely funny and entertaining

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Dec 14, 2021

speng31b
May 8, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

masi's dismissive hate for toto's annoying rules lawyering is so powerful, i love it

Maybe the one guy who shouldn't have a dismissive hate for rules lawyering is the guy whose job it is to lawyer the rules in realtime

Well, guy whose job it was

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

The Big Jesus posted:

I hope they wreck on the last lap and it is questionable but not enough for them to deduct points so max wins and all the Brits cry and dig through telemetry and frame by frame analysis all offseason.

Not quite as I hoped but even better as they’re all rules lawyers barristers now. I think one of my favorites was the rando popping in to say they hadn’t watched f1 in a while but the decision was “bollocks”. Fitting that the Brits are being salty since it’s the only spice they are aware of.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Masi reminds me of one of those spineless "Yes"-man managers that C-levels hire to placate the rabble.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
overcompensating much

https://twitter.com/wtf1official/status/1470763055814483971?s=20

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Gonna lol pretty hard if Max is another Todd Marinovich situation.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

As Max is the FIA F1 World Champion he can run the #1 to signify he is the FIA F1 World Champion.
It hasn't been run in the previous years because Max is the first true #1 in many years.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i would use 420 haha get it, it's the weed number

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i would use 420 haha get it, it's the weed number

Panic! At The Tesla?

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

I’m constantly reminded that he’s 23.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The only reason people don't run #1 anymore is because it fucks with the branding and merchandising deals. Very brave of max to break the norm

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khablam posted:

As Max is the FIA F1 World Champion he can run the #1 to signify he is the FIA F1 World Champion.
It hasn't been run in the previous years because Max is the first true #1 in many years.

It's good that he is respecting the tradition of the sport over his personal branding number, imo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
as much as I don't want to speak ill of an Italian, I blame Valentino Rossi for that poo poo

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

refleks posted:

Panic! At The Tesla?

if I was as rich as musk I would have the raddest F1 team ever

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

ilmucche posted:

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve owns tho. Why would Melbourne over that.
poo poo! How could I forget Canada? Amongst the many great things about it is that Jos is legally prohibited from attending.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this also reminds me that I was extremely pissed when Alonso won the 2006 title since Michael was retiring and that meant someone would have run #0 in 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

DevCore posted:

I’m constantly reminded that he’s 23.

And just like the old song says, nobody likes him when he’s 23