Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Completed all challenges, gonna try and push some grifts next. Couple of notes:

-gonna feel real bad if they revert augments now
-ive run out of ancients to augment
-soul shards are really well done, strong and interesting. Hope we keep them, maybe tone them down a touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Does the pet damage soul shard affect hydras? If so I got some things to do

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Zenithe posted:

-soul shards are really well done, strong and interesting. Hope we keep them, maybe tone them down a touch

How are you getting gems for your augments? I'm super low on gems. And I've converted all the types I don't use already too.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Bleh, rolled dex Tasker and Theo for my guaranteed primal, dropped another primal today and it's another Tasker and Theo (except with even worse rolls).

bamhand posted:

How are you getting gems for your augments? I'm super low on gems. And I've converted all the types I don't use already too.

Run T16 Greed with a Broken Crown + any actual gem.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
I'm interested in trying out Witch Doctor this season - are there any particularly fun/powerful builds I should look into? Poison Dart looks interesting, though I'm not sure how it is in actual play.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Green Bean posted:

I'm interested in trying out Witch Doctor this season - are there any particularly fun/powerful builds I should look into? Poison Dart looks interesting, though I'm not sure how it is in actual play.

I like the fire/poison wall build personally. I forgot what the set is called but it slaps

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Zenithe posted:

I wish they’d take some of the new affixes from the soul shards + ethereals of the last two seasons and stick them on the few basic-rear end legendaries that are left in the drop pool.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Zenithe posted:

Yeah I augmented a ton of gear (after doing it once for the journey and then never again every other season) and pushed way higher than ever before (117!). It really opens up higher level play and makes it more accessible. I'm not gonna grind for 20 hours more for that junk normally.

The last few seasons they've been knocking it out of the park theme wise and making it interesting again. Wish they could fit in more balance changes and reworks and making more legendary items usable or at least have orange text each season but I can't complain. Much.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Green Bean posted:

Mundunugu is fun to play and to say.

bamhand posted:

I haven't needed to farm it, use double gem hat I guess?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Green Bean posted:

Wheel gave me witch doctor. Jade's fine but not fun for me. Mundu though now that's my jam. Run around mostly in the spirit realm while your ghost pals murder everything.

Just got all the major pieces together for spiders so I'm gonna do that next time I can play. Kind of excited since throwing jars of spiders seems silly good fun.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

how do you augment stuff with the shards?

(just realized that I never did a cube augmentation ever lmao)

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I think it's the same recipe as with legendary gems, except you put shards instead of them. Higher level shards give a larger bonus.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

dead gay comedy forums posted:

how do you augment stuff with the shards?

(just realized that I never did a cube augmentation ever lmao)

Put a shard, 3 Flawless Royal Gems and an ancient item

A level 3 shard is equivalent to a level 125 regular gem. It's a huge upgrade

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 15, 2021

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Make sure the gems are of the color you want the stat for.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

thanks!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Oh my god, I've got the dumbest, most fun leveling set up going right now.

I decided to not be lazy for a bit and roll a monk. Do the standard new character shuffle with the challenge cache etc. Got the exploding palms gloves from gambling that way. Cool, fun, but not insane.

My very first rift I picked up Heart of Iron, a legendary chest piece. Didn't think much of it because lowbie legendaries etc.

Then I noticed that enemies were dying faster when I didn't hit them. WTF?

That chest gives me thorns equal to 291% of my vitality. So a quick trip to town later I'm wearing bunch of vendor +vit gear and doing over 600 damage every time someone its me.

So now I punch teleport into groups of enemies, throw exploding palm (augmented by the gloves) on the first person I see, and then they hit me, and blow up, and everyone else blows up, and everything on screen dies.

I know this is going to fall apart sooner rather than later but holy gently caress it's hilarious at lvl 25.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Need some advice on the shadow mantle build. I'm using the guide from icy, and have most of the gear. I'm missing the belt, and the amulet/ring set. I'm about 350 paragon.

Everything dies instantly or almost instantly, but I'm also getting 1 hit ko'd at anything above t12 and I cannot keep my hatred up and find myself running out of it in the middle of a map.

Am I just low paragon? This is my first time with this build and I'm pretty sure I'm not doing it right.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Kingtheninja posted:

Need some advice on the shadow mantle build. I'm using the guide from icy, and have most of the gear. I'm missing the belt, and the amulet/ring set. I'm about 350 paragon.

Everything dies instantly or almost instantly, but I'm also getting 1 hit ko'd at anything above t12 and I cannot keep my hatred up and find myself running out of it in the middle of a map.

Am I just low paragon? This is my first time with this build and I'm pretty sure I'm not doing it right.

The belt and to a lesser extent the Endless Walk set are really important to your survivability as a Shadow DH. Chain of Shadows is what gives you the mobility to not stand there and get instagibbed by goatmen. If you're outdamaging a rift tier, then you won't get enough Hatred refunded to keep up Aquila, in which case you should instead use Seethe as your Vengeance rune and cube Visage of Gunes instead. Save Dark Heart/Aquila for progression GRs. Also make sure you aren't missing anything really obvious like vitality rolls, allres, etc.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
It's been a while since I played that build, but the big things I remember were keeping the elusive ring buff up at all times and getting enough CDR to keep vengeance going as close to 100% as possible was basically the only way you stay alive. It's never going to be a super-tanky build but it doesn't have to be because you're super mobile and until you get to much higher GRs than you're currently at, stuff just dies.

Actually, one of the things that ended up being an issue once you get that build going is too low a difficulty makes it impossible to keep hatred up because you never get the refund.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Shadow doesn't really use Elusive Ring anymore, although that's certainly an option. You now wear Aughild's Bracer + One Other and cube RoRG.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Wait what hated refund are you guys talking about? I might be missing something.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Kingtheninja posted:

Wait what hated refund are you guys talking about? I might be missing something.

read the secondary effect of Karlei's Point.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Karlei's Point refunds Hatred if you hit a target that's already been impaled. If you're one-shotting everything in the dungeon, then you'll never get enough Hatred refunded to keep going and end up resource starved. You can amend this somewhat by using the Seethe rune for Vengeance on lower tier rifts.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

On one hand, it's really cool you can augment things so quickly now, on the other hand, having 4 +125 augments (2500 mainstat currently, have 2 other ancients to augment once I get shard upgrade things) has really showed me how minimal it really is once you get to high grifts. Absolutely would not be worth it under normal situations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Cyrano4747 posted:

Oh my god, I've got the dumbest, most fun leveling set up going right now.

I decided to not be lazy for a bit and roll a monk. Do the standard new character shuffle with the challenge cache etc. Got the exploding palms gloves from gambling that way. Cool, fun, but not insane.

My very first rift I picked up Heart of Iron, a legendary chest piece. Didn't think much of it because lowbie legendaries etc.

Then I noticed that enemies were dying faster when I didn't hit them. WTF?

That chest gives me thorns equal to 291% of my vitality. So a quick trip to town later I'm wearing bunch of vendor +vit gear and doing over 600 damage every time someone its me.

So now I punch teleport into groups of enemies, throw exploding palm (augmented by the gloves) on the first person I see, and then they hit me, and blow up, and everyone else blows up, and everything on screen dies.

I know this is going to fall apart sooner rather than later but holy gently caress it's hilarious at lvl 25.

Finding janky rear end builds on accident and making them work is one of my favorite parts of this game. My wizard is currently rocking a half rear end firebird/meteor build and it is super fun.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Best season for that was the one where you got free legacy of nightmares buff.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Holy poo poo thanks everyone, I completely forgot the karleis thing. Makes way more sense now.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah I had the same issue, the quiver and faster fingers alleviated the issue somewhat and now I'm geared into GoD.

Also got, for the first time, a good Primal Ancient from the GR70. Yang's Recurve with nigh-perfect stats (rolled Holy Damage instead of Fire) is gonna be good when I switch into Marauder for pushing.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
RIP DARPA, taken from us too soon by a banwave to clean up the people abusing the DH exploit.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

RIP DARPA, taken from us too soon by a banwave to clean up the people abusing the DH exploit.

No relation.

What was the bug?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Completely on accident I'm apparently the no.1 ranked mundunugu WD. I guess nobody is playing it much this season in favour of the *checks leaderboards* massively buffed arachyr sets I have been ignoring.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Zenithe posted:

Completely on accident I'm apparently the no.1 ranked mundunugu WD. I guess nobody is playing it much this season in favour of the *checks leaderboards* massively buffed arachyr sets I have been ignoring.

Nice. I was number 1 on Helltooth and number 2 on Jade for a while, which people are are similarly not playing.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

DARPA posted:

No relation.

What was the bug?

There's a way to generate (basically) infinite stacks of momentum on GoD DH and have impossible damage and movespeed, and people were using it to clear GR150 in well under a minute.

It's still not patched, but they banned people that used it and also the honorable and TOS-compliant folks like me that happened to be getting XP 24 hours a day.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

the honorable and TOS-compliant folks like me that happened to be getting XP 24 hours a day.

heh. How many times have you been banned and how many accounts have you had?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I mean no disrespect and I am not cloying or condescending in any way but… why cheat at Diablo 3, the world’s easiest and most brain dead video game? What level of satisfaction can you derive from a leaderboard knowing that you used bots to farm paragon and bugged exploits to get faster clear times…

I just don’t understand how cheating at the game doesn’t just, like, totally destroy the game, considering how little ‘gameplay’ this game actually has.

Placeholder
Sep 24, 2008
I guess that after a while it just becomes an exercise in how much you're able to break the game, either through new mechanics or exploits.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean no disrespect and I am not cloying or condescending in any way but… why cheat at Diablo 3, the world’s easiest and most brain dead video game? What level of satisfaction can you derive from a leaderboard knowing that you used bots to farm paragon and bugged exploits to get faster clear times…

I just don’t understand how cheating at the game doesn’t just, like, totally destroy the game, considering how little ‘gameplay’ this game actually has.

Because it's the world’s easiest and most brain dead video game.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

heh. How many times have you been banned and how many accounts have you had?

One ban out of 3 accounts total, but my main account has never gotten closer to a bot than taking bounties from them.

Bust Rodd posted:

why cheat at Diablo 3, the world’s easiest and most brain dead video game? What level of satisfaction can you derive from a leaderboard knowing that you used bots to farm paragon and bugged exploits to get faster clear times…

Frankly, it's more fun and interesting to try to optimize a bot to play the game than to play most of the content in the game (looking at you, keys, bounties, and most group xp farming).

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
Leveling all of the gems just to 25 takes around 8 hours of playing just by itself, give or take, if you're doing it from scratch on a new seasonal character. And that doesn't include farming up 100 keys to get the 22 gems & then level them all. Lot of annoying time gates in this game, there's no fun in clicking "upgrade gem" 25 times but it's fun to play with the upgraded gem.

They just need a TAS leaderboard :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the Switch leaderboards are full of hacked characters. cheating and botting is the only way to keep up.