Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

grayson waller is the WWE's vision of its top heel future, apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I can't be the only one that reads this as bimboawwe

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

zetamind2000 posted:

bigboafication

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zetamind2000 posted:

John Lauranitis is back in charge of talentt recruitment after all

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Brian Kendrick got jumped. That’s what happens when you don’t roll with Cereal Man and Darwin Finch.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JUNGLE BOY posted:

wwe stays beating aew. people don't wanna see "matches" or "long term storytelling". its all about the moments!

Actually more than one survey has said that people who watch wwe over aew think that the aew stories are bad and confusing. Also that they find AEW fans obnoxious, granted that particular one was a reddit survey.

Wait holup, Jacket Time won a match? wtf?

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Dec 15, 2021

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
AEW has subtlety and nuance in their storylines. Also, wrestlers who are part of a stable are allowed to be friends with wrestlers who are not part of the stable. Anna/Tay, Hanger/D.O, Sammy/Fuego, Cole/Fish. I'm sure the average E fan can't wrap their head around that.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Kosmo Gallion posted:

AEW has subtlety and nuance in their storylines. Also, wrestlers who are part of a stable are allowed to be friends with wrestlers who are not part of the stable. Anna/Tay, Hanger/D.O, Sammy/Fuego, Cole/Fish. I'm sure the average E fan can't wrap their head around that.

WWE has spent it's entire existence showing you that not only are you an idiot for having friends but it's also a sign of weakness, a moral failing and only leaving yourself open to betrayal.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

zetamind2000 posted:

i’m the wwe himbo

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Gonzo McFee posted:

WWE has spent it's entire existence showing you that not only are you an idiot for having friends but it's also a sign of weakness, a moral failing and only leaving yourself open to betrayal.

I literally saw a whole thread on twitter today where someone was so mad that Hangman Page is friends with the Dark Order because WWE has brain poisoned wrestling fans to believe that having friends makes you a loser, and heaven forbid you have friends with characters who aren't also main eventers because as we all know, if a wrestler shares a screen with anyone below them in the card that instantly ruins them forever because nobody can ever get behind a character who can be friends with someone less successful than them.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Drakkel posted:

I literally saw a whole thread on twitter today where someone was so mad that Hangman Page is friends with the Dark Order because WWE has brain poisoned wrestling fans to believe that having friends makes you a loser, and heaven forbid you have friends with characters who aren't also main eventers because as we all know, if a wrestler shares a screen with anyone below them in the card that instantly ruins them forever because nobody can ever get behind a character who can be friends with someone less successful than them.

Oh please link that poo poo.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

It's even more baffling because does nobody remember Hogan was always friends with guys like JYD and Hillbilly Jim?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

DEAR RICHARD posted:

sorry, i didn't click on any of these

i just have no desire to

Might be the smartest poster here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ganso Bomb posted:

It's even more baffling because does nobody remember Hogan was always friends with guys like JYD and Hillbilly Jim?

When you say friends do you mean the same way Cena was friends with Zack Ryder or do you mean actual friends?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no, plus being friends with Hogan was a sure-fire way to get beat down by that month's monster and then Hogan himself.

That said I think Austin and Jim Ross was always portrayed positively?

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 15, 2021

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hogan had lots of friends! For example, there's:

Baron Beefcake
Big Brother Booty
The Booty Man
Brother Bruti
Brute Force
Brutus Beefcake
The Butcher
The Clipmaster
The Disciple
Dizzy Golden
Dizzy Hogan
Ed Boulder
Eddie Golden
Eddie Hogan
The Mariner
The Man With No Face
The Man With No Name
The Zodiac

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Hogan had lots of friends!

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/512820395431325698

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ninja Turtles can't draw brother smh

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

When you say friends do you mean the same way Cena was friends with Zack Ryder or do you mean actual friends?

Hogan never made out with Hillbilly Jim's romantic interest on TV so more actual friends who served as fodder for heel beatdowns like Blooming Brilliant said

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1471127424217731077

:thunk:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm most surprised that someone reopened the Royal Grove in Lincoln lol.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

finally i can hear the peroxy?genocide catalog unplugged

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
TO THE TOP OF MOUNT PROFESSION

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

another me is what there will never be

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

gently caress me, bub city is like 5 minutes from my dad's place but i'm not going home for christmas til next week

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
So, at their peak, do you think there was more screen time given to the Nitro Girls dancing than there is wrestling on the average Raw?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

punchdaily posted:

So, at their peak, do you think there was more screen time given to the Nitro Girls dancing than there is wrestling on the average Raw?

well they got a vhs video out of their stuff which is more than the average wrestling amount

Spice Crew represent

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Fightful posted:

Kevin Owens re-signs with WWE

WWE has landed at least one of their three big free-agent names, as Kevin Owens has re-signed with the company.

Fightful learned several weeks ago that WWE was very interested in retaining Kevin Owens, and made him what sources in the company was "an excellent offer" to stay. WWE sources that we spoke to said they were over the moon about retaining Owens.

Talent within AEW we spoke to didn't think AEW would realistically match what WWE would offer him to stay with the company. Unanimously, AEW talent we spoke to believe there would have been interest, though company officials obviously can't comment on such without tampering issues. 

Owens' deal was originally up much later, but in 2019, he restructured it to expire at the end of January 2022. WWE started the negotiation process with Owens in the fall of 2021, which is a far cry from how they used to do things.

The deal is a multi-year agreement. Fightful will work to learn more information. 

Hope he gets paid for it well. And there's always a chance of being releases in 6 months lol

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1471158770747248642

lol why

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sign Owens Sign

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
What a bummer

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Some people like getting paid lots and lots of money

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

xbilkis posted:

Some people like getting paid lots and lots of money

he should learn to Twitch or get an onlyfans to supplement his income

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hopefully he got a full dumptruck from Vince at least

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Aw man that one stings.

But for real yeah go get your dumptruck full of cash

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Eh, I guess I get it. He can secure the bag for the time being and the door will remain open for AEW.

Nobody's safe from cuts, anyhow. Nick Khan will see Kev's mad money contract and he'll be free (hopefully) soon enough.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dang. o well

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

good for kevin. aew might not always be around, and wwe is a guaranteed paycheck for life.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sami always did feel like more of a lock to leave when possible over KO.

Please leave when possible, Sami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

yea ok posted:

dang. o well