Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Mookie's weird hang-ups about sex positivity and racism combine to give us Arudak, who has placed the various races of women he's hosed on a tier list for their sexual abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Pyrotoad posted:

Mookie's weird hang-ups about sex positivity and racism combine to give us Arudak, who has placed the various races of women he's hosed on a tier list for their sexual abilities.

Yet he's also sad that his dead girlfriend might have cheated on him!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Are you loving KIDDING ME WITH THIS poo poo

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

RoboRodent posted:

Are you loving KIDDING ME WITH THIS poo poo

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

Please tell me the solitary like on each of those tweets is Mookie's lmao

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cloche posted:

Please tell me the solitary like on each of those tweets is Mookie's lmao

What does your heart tell you

yes lol

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

It is legitimately a missed opportunity that they didn't all just pick up the Chandrak and stick her to the high bit of the fridge with a magnet. "Oh wow Snout, you sure did beat that pussy up and please the hell out of her, you just did a great job and company definitely needs to be able to see it".

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Mors Rattus posted:

Once again this feels directly targeted at people criticizing the comic, and once again it is a baffling answer.

Has to be. Probably was gonna have it just be a net positive experience until he saw the response. He draws his comic for the week, scopes out what people say and then doubles down like a toddler

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

still treating him like he's nine even as they congratulate him on his pump'n'dump

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Has to be. Probably was gonna have it just be a net positive experience until he saw the response. He draws his comic for the week, scopes out what people say and then doubles down like a toddler

That's such a terrible way to write a narrative, constantly running interference on your own work as a response to criticism in real time. It's also hilarious to watch, so who's to say if it's good or bad? (It's bad)

Who besides this thread is even reading and criticizing? I don't want to do that "Mookie is secretly reading this thread!" thing, but IS he secretly reading this thread? I swear to God, he's getting a bunch of his ideas from here, like the horrible protrusions that differentiate platonic naked snuggling from sexuality.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Pyrotoad posted:

Was this done on purpose? Is Arudak's comment supposed to be a callback to Mookie's patreon drawings?
https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1470801680900018189?s=20

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

I keep trying to type something in response to this but I keep deleting it

:shepface:

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Glad to see that Mookie is still, decades later, committed to the ideology of "These people are my main characters and thus are Good Guys and everything they do must be good because they're the Good Guys. If they do something that seems bad, it's not. It was Good and they are Good."

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

This is so much worse than anything I could have expected, I'm genuinely impressed. Not in a good way, but I'm impressed.

Also, people who reply to this going "they're such GOOD FRIENDS, so KIND and SUPPORTIVE" should not be allowed to have friends unsupervised.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Pyrotoad posted:

And everyone appears to be writing n the same page so Inky and Corpsey would have seen that comment. I wonder how they feel?

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

ScienceSeagull posted:

And everyone appears to be writing n the same page so Inky and Corpsey would have seen that comment. I wonder how they feel?

I mean, like they still want to go fishing with Best Boi Snout, I suppose. They're women, so they don't have feelings beyond taking care of the their new son.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ScienceSeagull posted:

It appears they have no sexual interest in him and are proud of their good soft boi having a night of fun and loving the swamp hag because he deserved it for being such a good boy.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
One day I too hope to have sex and walk out to all my friends saying "We're so proud of you for having a sex, also the race of the woman you had sex with was great. Let's go fishing."

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Twelve by Pies posted:

One day I too hope to have sex and walk out to all my friends saying "We're so proud of you for having a sex, also the race of the woman you had sex with was great. Let's go fishing."

Why is this idea giving me Midsommar vibes?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I'm still boggled that mookie decided to give his character who is written as though he is a child the trait "will gently caress anything when horny"

That's some piers anthony poo poo man

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
I don't have anything to say that the thread hasn't already added, but loving hell

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
I was half-expecting orc dude and ink witch to give each other a sly look and say "well, actually we've been loving for a while now... want to join us?"

But this is somehow 1000 times worse.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Next strip is going to start with Snout proudly showing off that shiny gold star someone stuck on his forehead

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Giant Ethicist posted:

I was half-expecting orc dude and ink witch to give each other a sly look and say "well, actually we've been loving for a while now... want to join us?"

But this is somehow 1000 times worse.

It probably won't happen because it would mean things have narrative consequences but maybe next strip Lol

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Mx. posted:

That's some piers anthony poo poo man

ohhhhh gently caress you're completely right, that makes this all so much worse to think about

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Nope she was immediately fixed when Snout found that flower, which included relearning language and writing skills. No, I am not joking.

Snout was (poorly) teaching her how to read and write while they were wandering around, before they met up with Ink Witch in Maltak.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Schubalts posted:

Snout was (poorly) teaching her how to read and write while they were wandering around, before they met up with Ink Witch in Maltak.

Another baby brained character at the time, just coded as black as well

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Schubalts posted:

Yes but this has nothing to do with that, she just spontaneously was able to converse fluently after she got magically fixed. The only issue is that she has a heavy accent. Snout's patience made her "calm down" but it has nothing to do with her recovery of language.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Twelve by Pies posted:

my friends, minutes after I nut

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
And in addition to...everything else...about this:

His friends didn't react, like at all, to the fact that he apparently literally transforms into a Demon of gently caress (or whatever) when his dick gets hard. Which, you know, is apparently a big deal for Snout (even though it apparently Happens All The Time...despite this being the first time it's been mentioned in the two and a half years the comic's been running) and it's clearly a Big Reveal for the comic itself (as in insofar as we can ascribe a "point" to this arc at all, that appears to be it).

Like if I just kinda casually mentioned to a circle of my friends that the reason I ditched them the night before was because I was a fuckin' were-satyr on the prowl or whatever, I'd kinda expect them to have some questions or comments even if were-satyrs were perfectly normal things everyone knows about. And, you know, in a better narrative this would be a great way (graded on a very steep curve) to establish something about the characters--who is going to be totally nonchalant ("Huh. Okay."), who is going to freak the gently caress out ("You're a Demon of gently caress? Why the gently caress didn't you tell us!"), who's going to suddenly have a lot of questions ("I had no idea. Waaaaaait...that night back at the tower when you disappeared all night....? Or wait! Did you and that librarian....?"). And so on.

But of course what's important to the characters is indistinguishable to what is important to Mookie and if there is anything Legacy makes clear it's that thinking about this kind of poo poo is absolutely not what's important to Mookie.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah I have no idea if the transformation is supposed to be a major plot point or just a weird thing Mookie threw in. It seemed like a major event at the time, but then afterwards Snout didn't seem that phased by it, so... I guess it's not?

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

"Oh Snout, you're the bestest boi! We're so glad you hosed!"

Goddamn every character doesn't act normal and they all loving suck.

Twelve by Pies posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanpequin/status/1265009500748001280?s=20

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

a better comic reminded me of this one for some reason

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I'm going to give Mookie a single break: I'm mildly impressed at how neat his handwriting is, and that he has a few noticeably different "fonts", even if slightly.

There's just enough variation that I do think he's still doing it by hand.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Bismuth posted:

Do ou think we'll ever learn why he erupts into crumbly dicks when he gets a boner?

You don't?

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Bismuth posted:

Do ou think we'll ever learn why he erupts into crumbly dicks when he gets a boner?

I don't know if we'll ever get an explanation within the fiction, but I absolutely think that the real-world reason is to provide objective and retroactive proof that Snout's routine nudity and naked cuddling are nonsexual.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I can't believe Snout got a literal goddamn attaboy for loving.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

I can't believe Snout got a literal goddamn attaboy for loving.

https://twitter.com/ryanpequin/status/1348716120711122944?s=20

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
In the original Deegan a character fucks an orc and starts turning into an orc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I keep waiting for a point where the thread dies down to restart, but drat if Mookie hasn't kept this place jumping.

I haven't really had more to say on the comic in a while. I just find Snout's portrayal, mixed with this explicit sex, so jarring and creepy. Even more so now that once again it feels like his entourage are more carers for someone with a developmental delay than friends. I struggle to write that because it sounds like I'm trying to insult snout, but I'm not! This genuinely feels like a parody of mental handicap, where the protagonist has sex adventures cheered on by his babysitters. It actually sort of skeeves me out.

And, if the purpose of the Chandak was to reveal weaknesses, then Snout should obviously have failed. If Asinotaph can play on insecurities, why wouldn't it play on desires (which can and are related to insecurities)? A good story, while cutting to black, could include something like this, but as a sign that Snout's psyche isn't ready for plumbing the depths (:haw:) of the dreamrealm