Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

SavageGentleman posted:

Re pnut sharing: there are a few tweets where they mention that they are sharing a lot of curious details about Earth with other cultures - they even have exhibits with artifacts/duplicates of everyday life of newly introduced worlds on their colonies.
And they mention that they are also sharing many of their interactions on Twitter - so take your chance and entertain the pnuttys on Twitter - your tweet/message may be shared with the galaxy!

Of course with goon shitposts these messages will convince the galaxy that Earth is beyond salvation and ready to be destroyed...

Cmon peanuts, I'll be your exhibit. Give me a good enclosure and i might be able to convince a mate to tag along. I love lounging around all day doing nothing, you wouldnt be keeping me a prisoner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not convinced by future humans myself, but what do I know? Closed timelike curves and retrocausality are really fascinating subjects.

If the P'nti are real then they might as well be future humans. They are visually similar and appear to have all the neurological equipment for human communication/language. A crab is more alien than them.

Dominique Lestel, philosopher, posted:

It is likely that the contact with extraterrestrials will lead to a very deep existential crisis for humans. Humans could be confronted with their inability to answer questions of enormous importance to them. First, to become aware of such cognitive and epistemic limits, and second, to accept these limits may seriously test humans. Indeed, up to now, every epistemological crisis humans have faced has led them to alter their conception of the world. The next epistemological crisis, a crisis precipitated by contact with extraterrestrials, could be very different. Humans may come to understand that there exists in the universe a set of phenomena that they will never be able to know because they are not clever enough.

To me, this is a good explanation of where we are right now. Despite decades of public/private research, this phenomenon may not be completely knowable to us. We literally don't have the brains for it. We might just be rabbits staring into headlights, frozen in fear and awe.

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is absolutely my fave thread in the forums, love and light to all xxxxxxxxxx

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Andy Pandy posted:

This is absolutely my fave thread in the forums, love and light to all xxxxxxxxxx

:hfive:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

ruh roh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48PPHjHZ-LU&t=97s

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Newest episode of Our Strange Skies has Chris Cogswell on it as a guest, who apparently is leaving the Galileo Project because "the people at the top are full of poo poo" lmao.

He seems a bit more obnoxiously NDT brained than anyone I've heard Rob bring on before - is he the dude that ragequit UFO Twitter a while back?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

:wth::popeye:
:rip: disc flying buddies

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Objurium posted:

Newest episode of Our Strange Skies has Chris Cogswell on it as a guest, who apparently is leaving the Galileo Project because "the people at the top are full of poo poo" lmao.

He seems a bit more obnoxiously NDT brained than anyone I've heard Rob bring on before - is he the dude that ragequit UFO Twitter a while back?

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

motherfucker named Cogswell, should be a sonic the hedgehog villain or some poo poo

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Objurium posted:

You're thinking of someone else. He's had an adversarial relationship with most of UFO Twitter for a while now, mostly just for calling out really flagrant bullshit and insisting on things like "evidence" rather than someone saying "no it's totes real trust me".

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Azathoth posted:

You're thinking of someone else. He's had an adversarial relationship with most of UFO Twitter for a while now, mostly just for calling out really flagrant bullshit and insisting on things like "evidence" rather than someone saying "no it's totes real trust me".

Interesting that he's not a fan of the Galileo Project then. Hopefully he'll give some insight into why he thinks it's bullshit.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

blam

https://twitter.com/ddeanjohnson/status/1471167427954319364

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

If nothing else there are at least a handful of career DoD employees that are very annoyed today and that is good

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If nothing else there are at least a handful of career DoD employees that are very annoyed today and that is good

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Log082 posted:

Interesting that he's not a fan of the Galileo Project then. Hopefully he'll give some insight into why he thinks it's bullshit.

I'm only 20 minutes into that podcast but it's been all about this particular topic to this point and he has yet to offer any specifics, just taking in circles about how the people at the top are full of poo poo and he's bored with the military UAP thing.

They've since moved on but basically he had nothing substantive to say about why Galileo Project and/or its leadership is bad, just that he doesn't like this whole thing. If I had to guess he signed up, wasn't given special access to information, and got bored.

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

Wheeee posted:

I'm only 20 minutes into that podcast but it's been all about this particular topic to this point and he has yet to offer any specifics, just taking in circles about how the people at the top are full of poo poo and he's bored with the military UAP thing.

They've since moved on but basically he had nothing substantive to say about why Galileo Project and/or its leadership is bad, just that he doesn't like this whole thing. If I had to guess he signed up, wasn't given special access to information, and got bored.

Yeah, the non-specifics were kind of annoying, but reading between the lines it seems like he has beef with Lue if I had to take a guess?

That "If Harvard authored a study on witches, and then brought in the government's top witch hunters as experts" seemed specifically aimed at :tinylue:

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

JWT delay because the nerds are nervous about instantly seeing loud signs of alien civs teeming everywhere is my favourite conspiracy right now because all the other ones are sad.
Also you can respond to each further delay with a "HM funny!!" to nobody.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wheeee posted:

Disappointing. I was hoping for good gossip.

The interpersonal beefs and gossip are like half the fun of following this topic when there isn't new actual data to look at (which is almost all of the time.)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Lampsacus posted:

JWT delay because the nerds are nervous about instantly seeing loud signs of alien civs teeming everywhere is my favourite conspiracy right now because all the other ones are sad.

We take you now to the inside of NASA's final preparations for the launch of the James Webb Telescope, where teams of technicians work around the clock to ensure a successful mission!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Wheeee posted:

We take you now to the inside of NASA's final preparations for the launch of the James Webb Telescope, where teams of technicians work around the clock to ensure a successful mission!

hell yeah

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wheeee posted:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

my bony fealty posted:

broke: future humans

woke: future hyperevolved cephalopods

Ban all killing of cephalopods. I'm serious. Also give them guns for self defense.

Corvids too. Arm the brids.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
One week until the p'nutty deadline for OFC ends. With the history of UFO grifts and ops there is a 99% chance of this also being a letdown.

However, Su Walker and Ref. White Otter are not really the kind of people I would like to laugh about, they seem sincere and non-grifty and are both struggling with big health issues [despite P'nut contact - the P'nti explanation is that medical miracles are also not allowed until OFC because they would be too obvious + playing favourites :smithcloud: ].

But if crazy poo poo happens shortly before or on the 21st of December, I swaer I will go hog wild with Pnut telepathy training and open a goon discord server for us to practice communication with out benevolent new overlords. (pls don't send them goatse telepathically, because that's a probin).

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Andy Pandy posted:

:glomp:

Azathoth posted:

insisting on things like "evidence" rather than someone saying "no it's totes real trust me".
HA! What a loser

Lampsacus posted:

looking forward to Christmas Eve when it is revealed the JWST has mysteriously disappeared from its rocket

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

SavageGentleman posted:

One week until the p'nutty deadline for OFC ends. With the history of UFO grifts and ops there is a 99% chance of this also being a letdown.

However, Su Walker and Ref. White Otter are not really the kind of people I would like to laugh about, they seem sincere and non-grifty and are both struggling with big health issues [despite P'nut contact - the P'nti explanation is that medical miracles are also not allowed until OFC because they would be too obvious + playing favourites :smithcloud: ].

But if crazy poo poo happens shortly before or on the 21st of December, I swaer I will go hog wild with Pnut telepathy training and open a goon discord server for us to practice communication with out benevolent new overlords. (pls don't send them goatse telepathically, because that's a probin).

hell yeah

a good post

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

https://open.spotify.com/track/4HcF4mXmLvlfusNCYn4eqo?si=49d476fb1b2942ec

This birdsy track came up on my discover weekly

what an album cover

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

i don’t even consider the p’nuts a grift, all she’s selling are some colouring books, just an ol hippy couple havin a good time

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wheeee posted:

is that Shasta McNasty?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

SavageGentleman posted:

if they don't wanna see goatse and tubgirl they shouldn't have come here

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

goochtit posted:

looking forward to Christmas Eve when it is revealed the JWST has mysteriously disappeared from its rocket

*walking through steel mill* "They say you're the best when it comes to moving metal.... I'm assembling a team to pull the heist of the century" *extends picture of JWST*

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Pnussy

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

neutral milf hotel posted:

is that Shasta McNasty?

The aitee cannot core out your anus if you disable his hand!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The line on the mystery drones from 2020 is still: "No one knows, plus mass hysteria."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/18/attack-of-the-drones-the-mystery-of-disappearing-swarms-in-the-us-midwest

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

"It definitely wasn't a big ag and/or gas company illegally conducting an unlicensed mass survey event over vast swaths of private property. Y'all are nuts."

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Barry Foster posted:

https://open.spotify.com/track/4HcF4mXmLvlfusNCYn4eqo?si=49d476fb1b2942ec

This birdsy track came up on my discover weekly

what an album cover

https://open.spotify.com/track/5cmzmQAwUDLIqRSvxnaoyU?si=658329d72dca4cf5

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Rudeboy Detective posted:

"It definitely wasn't a big ag and/or gas company illegally conducting an unlicensed mass survey event over vast swaths of private property. Y'all are nuts."

a publicly traded corporation would never break the law conspiracy freak. they'd get sued

maybe

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Wheeee posted:

lmao perfect

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Marzzle posted:

a publicly traded corporation would never break the law conspiracy freak. they'd get sued

maybe

Every time I think "there's no way the government/corporation can keep a secret that big, someone would find out!" then something like that happens, where the media is all too happy to look the other way, and the story dies.