Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

A follow-up to this story from earlier in the year:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhumi_Babushara_Airport

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

stephenthinkpad posted:

This is like the Avenger movie for all the NED super friends.

What, no South Mongolians? No Macanese? No dead-end attempt to revive Manchuria?

sexpig by night posted:

three of those places want a literal aristocracy and/or theocratical kingdom

New dynasty when

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Corky Romanovsky posted:

What are the planes going to be called now?
:heysexy:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i was thinking about the inspiring undemocratic alternative to what we see coming from the USA. watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxoG_Ka0X6I

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

love it when I'm presented with alternatives who couldn't win an election for class president

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://lateralthinkingtechnology.w...justified-wars/

Can't remember who linked this (I've gone back and looked even, sorry) but I've been digesting it extremely slowly over several hours and lol:

quote:

on the other side of the world trade negotiations between China and America, already tense because of Taiwan, are complicated when the Chinese police beat to death a Chinese priest and an Italian emissary from the Vatican for trying to stop a One Child Policy-mandated abortion. And then the Chinese police break into a prayer service held by the priest’s wife and beat the poo poo out of everyone there while a reporter captures the whole thing on live TV.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

lol build solidarity

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

So the Nepali Congress Party just held their party election and the old party chief Sher Bahadur Deuba won. This allows him to continue being the prime minister and continue the coalition govt he has going on. What was surprising to me was the amount of money the Congress party used for advertising and ceremony for their party election. No one really know where the hell all that money and slick marketing came from, but it's most likely the USA. Now that he has won and his coalition govt can continue, the likelihood that MCC will pass through and Nepal will now be saddled with aligning with the USA on key national and geopolitical issues.

For those that don't know, MCC (Millennium Challenge Corporation) is a dumber more neoliberal version of USAID and the state department. Also it's only for $500 million. China had already spent more than that in post earthquake reconstruction, hydro projects, highways and education in Nepal in the past 5 years with no string's attached.

Nepal just shot themselves in the foot.

I walked by the old national highschool today. It was the first highschool ever built in nepal and was falling apart even before the earthquake which finally flattened it. China took over its reconstruction and built a world class highschool building with all the bells and whistles that none of the private schools in the country can even come close to in 2 years. Kids who still live in tin shacks and have never had running water are now learning in classrooms with full climate control and eating in a clean cafeteria with water filtration systems.

I am now fully in line to suck daddy Xi's dick, balls and all.

ughhhh has issued a correction as of 07:04 on Dec 16, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Jetto Jagga posted:

I read one of the later ghost written Cusslers where an evil Eskimo tribe plan to use genetically engineered killer salmon to wipe out fish stocks worldwide, by dropping them from a blimp into the ocean. There's also a lost Basque ship in the arctic iirc.

I think the first one I read was where modern day Nazis (their leaders implied to be conceived by Hitler's sperm) have secretly constructed mega-ships in a South American lake and plan to melt the Antarctic ice shelves to start a global flood and rebuilt Noah style.

It ends with the main character flushing Hitler's ashes down a White House toilet

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

wait a minute this is just the plot to far cry 2

oh my god ubisoft stole the plot to far cry 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Equatorial_Guinea_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat_attempt

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol that Margaret Thatchers son was involved in financing it

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Can't remember who linked this (I've gone back and looked even, sorry) but I've been digesting it extremely slowly over several hours and lol:

You cut it before the funniest sentence:

quote:

countries around the world boycott Chinese products (!) and buy from Taiwan instead (!!!), leading to the PRC’s economy tanking even further.

oh for sure dude for sure

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

wait a minute this is just the plot to far cry 2

oh my god ubisoft stole the plot to far cry 2

"a bunch of euro mercenaries trying stage a coup in a fictional african country" is just Africa throughout the Cold War.

Latin America, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitchell_WerBell_III

https://cuban-exile.com/menu2/2pnassau.html

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
currently a big storm blowing through the central and southern part of the country (not where I am)

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Btw, Mikoyan is still retaining its own designers and engineers, so there will likely still be “Migs” in the future but produced by Sukhoi. Basically, it became a subsidiary.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 09:29 on Dec 16, 2021

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

biden will prove how terrible the CCP is, with incredible domestic american policies such as:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

ughhhh posted:

So the Nepali Congress Party just held their party election and the old party chief Sher Bahadur Deuba won. This allows him to continue being the prime minister and continue the coalition govt he has going on. What was surprising to me was the amount of money the Congress party used for advertising and ceremony for their party election. No one really know where the hell all that money and slick marketing came from, but it's most likely the USA. Now that he has won and his coalition govt can continue, the likelihood that MCC will pass through and Nepal will now be saddled with aligning with the USA on key national and geopolitical issues.

For those that don't know, MCC (Millennium Challenge Corporation) is a dumber more neoliberal version of USAID and the state department. Also it's only for $500 million. China had already spent more than that in post earthquake reconstruction, hydro projects, highways and education in Nepal in the past 5 years with no string's attached.

I walked by the old national highschool today. It was the first highschool ever built in nepal and was falling apart even before the earthquake which finally flattened it. China took over its reconstruction and built a world class highschool building with all the bells and whistles that none of the private schools in the country can even come close to in 2 years. Kids who still live in tin shacks and have never had running water are now learning in classrooms with full climate control and eating in a clean cafeteria with water filtration systems.

Thanks to your update, I read up on the Nepali communist party a bit. Man their communist fractions are just as confusing as Indian communist splits. Maybe Leninist centralized leadership style doesn't go well with South Asia culture?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Ardennes posted:

Btw, Mikoyan is still retaining its own designers and engineers, so there will likely still be “Migs” in the future but produced by Sukhoi. Basically, it became a subsidiary.

So like the Chevy and Cadillac of GM lines. Maybe Mig will be the single engine third world export models.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Danann posted:

In other news, Sukhoi and MIG are merging to become... UAC. :v:

but where's the hell portal

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

ughhhh posted:

Lmfao the neoliberal congress parties continue to pay out dividends.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
When did this bit about the INC being neoliberal start taking off? They were and are boring social democrats because Indian politics requires you to materially make lives better for people or someone else is going to take all your Votes.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

are the Maoist splinter of the Nepali communist party pro-PRC? I know orthodox ML parties are usually pro PRC while Maoists often are hostile

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I started following more chinese journalists and this turned up in my twitter feed as a recommendation

https://twitter.com/tculpan/status/1471296959705075713

I was wondering why the cry laugh emojis so I clicked on his profile and he'd retweeted this gem

https://twitter.com/LGBTAgainstCCP/status/1471413157922889732

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing about it tho. do I need to join a ukrainian militia in the donbass??

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Rainbow Punisher logo...

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Coelacanths have evolved more than the use of pronouns by chickenhawks

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Tankbuster posted:

Rainbow Punisher logo...

https://twitter.com/LGBTAgainstCCP/status/1470632969744236546

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

stephenthinkpad posted:

So like the Chevy and Cadillac of GM lines. Maybe Mig will be the single engine third world export models.

In the sense of further development of the mig-29 family and their new interceptor, probably. The Su -75 started as a Mikoyan project that got moved to Sukhoi.

That said, Russia does need at least two design teams. Personally, I think it would have been better to keep Mikoyan more autonomous, but it isn’t really “dead” either.

Also, Mikoyan and Sukhoi have been part of UAC for years.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
What does this add to the Lore of Doom?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
how do I get a job at China Daily

sounds like good times

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/blanktycho/status/1471180914206121985?t=wNytCYJ4_X_isa2oZJ_e6A&s=19

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

XMNN posted:

https://twitter.com/LGBTAgainstCCP/status/1471413157922889732

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing about it tho. do I need to join a ukrainian militia in the donbass??

the war crimes rainbow punisher skull logo makes me :thunk:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Comrade Xi restarting the International to get some counterparts to usaid, ndi and all would be a great idea. also would volunteer to shitpost for the cause

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

western media making poo poo up wholesale about the perfidious yellow mans

big surprise there

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Agrajag posted:

the war crimes rainbow punisher skull logo makes me :thunk:

yeah because one thing my fellow queers adore is paramilitary reactionary vigilante violence*, nevermind cops

* actually those that who are in the 'millionaire' strata might

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
they've got a rainbow don't tread on me header pic too

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i read that book once because i had nothing better to do and honestly the crazy poo poo is the best part. the worst part is that most of the book isnt crazy poo poo but just really obnoxious interactions between characters like the japanese corporate spy and the chinese party secretary he seduces so he can put spyware on the chinese internet. she loves his "japanese sausage". the book is literally a thousand pages long.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

John Charity Spring posted:

they've got a rainbow don't tread on me header pic too

real fuckin weird

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Muscle Wizard posted:

i read that book once because i had nothing better to do and honestly the crazy poo poo is the best part. the worst part is that most of the book isnt crazy poo poo but just really obnoxious interactions between characters like the japanese corporate spy and the chinese party secretary he seduces so he can put spyware on the chinese internet. she loves his "japanese sausage". the book is literally a thousand pages long.

The article mentions very briefly that at one point President Jack Ryan makes abortion illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1471524182282362886?s=20