Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Alan_Shore posted:

Also if anyone has played Touhou Genso Warrior Reloaded I'd be interested to hear what you thought as it's 75% off. I really only want to play it to find out what the hell Touhou is cos it's in tons of rhythm games (I also like roguelikes).

Touhou is a series of Japanese indie games whose developer lets people make and sell spinoff games, music, and so on. This is why there are like a billion Touhou games of varying quality.

Unfortunately I have no idea what this one is like. I’m also curious, but I’m leery because trad roguelikes are hard to design and easy to get wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Thanks!

Edit: this was in response to the nice people who responded to my resident evil 4 query. I noticed that the post immediately preceding my thanks was in relation to something else. But in case the person who asked the question quoted in the previous post doesn't respond, I would like to say thank you for your kind response about the touhou something or other.

Follow up question: is the saints re elected game that's on sale for like £1.40 any good?

Pat Mustard fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 17, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pat Mustard posted:

Thanks!

Edit: this was in response to the nice people who responded to my resident evil 4 query. I noticed that the post immediately preceding my thanks was in relation to something else. But in case the person who asked the question quoted in the previous post doesn't respond, I would like to say thank you for your kind response about the touhou something or other.

Follow up question: is the saints re elected game that's on sale for like £1.40 any good?

Saints Row IV is tons of fun if you have never played it, especially for that price

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I never played Paper Mario before but it's a real good game. Definitely worth joining a family plan for.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Pat Mustard posted:

Is resident evil 4 on switch as good as it was on GameCube?

GameCube? Yeah. Wii? No, poo poo. No it's not.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Detective No. 27 posted:

There's an excellent remake/reboot from a couple years ago that frequently goes on sale for
:fivecbux:. I believe it just got a huge new upgrade.

Was it actually excellent?

I tried playing it for 10 minutes in a social context and just got confused.

Maybe I'll continue not touching it and try the Genesis game again to see if it's it or me.

Looking forward to finally beating Dynamite Headdy.

If I can stop playing Loop Hero.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Wii made RE4 too easy. Also couldn't they do a similar control scheme with gyros or whatever?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

TJ&E is a roguelike. Randomly generated maps. You kinda wander around looking for ship parts. You can play with two people and it had a pretty ingenious way of doing split screen back in the day. The Lego games use the same technique. There's an excellent remake/reboot from a couple years ago that frequently goes on sale for
:fivecbux:. I believe it just got a huge new upgrade.

Did they ever fix the horrible performance and crashing in coop mode? Single player worked just fine. This was back when it first released so I’ll reinstall for this update and hope for the best.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I never got a chance to play multiplayer on the remake extensively so I'm not sure if they fixed performance.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

beer gas canister posted:

Wii made RE4 too easy. Also couldn't they do a similar control scheme with gyros or whatever?

I'm sorry you hate fun game controlling. Could they? Probably, I dunno I'm a loving idiot. But they haven't and that sucks because I beat the game cube and wii versions and the game cube tank controls are a little more tense but gyro is more FUN

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Hammer Bro. posted:

Was it actually excellent?

I tried playing it for 10 minutes in a social context and just got confused.

Maybe I'll continue not touching it and try the Genesis game again to see if it's it or me.

Looking forward to finally beating Dynamite Headdy.

If I can stop playing Loop Hero.

I remember loving Toejam & Earl as a little kid but I try watching reviews or gameplay of it now and I have no gd clue what is going on. It seems like the gameplay is just walking around aimlessly

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Loved the original Toejam& Earl but the remake left me cold, it just felt soulless.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Junkie Disease posted:

Monster Sanctuary is freaking fantastic it's everything I wish Pokemon was except for like I wish I had better art and character design

I'm compelled to post about how much monster sanctuary owns every time I see it mentioned so thank you for doing the needful, it's one of my favorite monster battlers

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I remember loving Toejam & Earl as a little kid but I try watching reviews or gameplay of it now and I have no gd clue what is going on. It seems like the gameplay is just walking around aimlessly

It's the original Walking Simulator.

But seriously it's just a game to vibe and chill to. No stress, just beats.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oscar Wild posted:

I'm sorry you hate fun game controlling. Could they? Probably, I dunno I'm a loving idiot. But they haven't and that sucks because I beat the game cube and wii versions and the game cube tank controls are a little more tense but gyro is more FUN

Tank controls and gyro aiming are two separate things.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

It's a beat em up where you fight humans iirc

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Oscar Wild posted:

that's an extremely normal response to what that poster said

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Social Animal posted:

Did they ever fix the horrible performance and crashing in coop mode? Single player worked just fine. This was back when it first released so I’ll reinstall for this update and hope for the best.

I think so? At the very least I played through 2 player co op with my partner and it was crash free. I know it goes up to 3/4 players so can't report on if that's hosed

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Your memory is wrong it is more about random consumable items to deal with a situation.

Toe Jam and Earl is a rogue like

It's very easy for a rogue like but you still need to figure out what items do and use them at the right time. All the key features are there

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The second game is a complete change in genre and does involve violently throwing jars at people, might be what you played

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Christmas break plans. Beat Fell Seal, Beat Transistor, beat Super Metroid. Beat Pikmin 3? Haha, I'm still terrified of some stupid Moth Boss on like Day 3 or 4 or something. I can't get through it without losing my friends.

If I can then start on Fusion that'd be great. I don't think I'll devote the necessary time to beat FFX, but I would like to get off the rails, make a blitzball team, and just zone out in that game for a bit. I just got to the airship, but I'm clearly not controlling it yet. How long until that happens?

I'll also maybe finish Picross S1, I'm on the last page of Mega-Picross. I don't think I'll pick up S2 but rather Sega first then jump back.

Let's see how much I truly get done!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Aw gently caress I just realized that Xbox is done adding new backwards compatible games so now TJ&E3 is effectively a lost title.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Christmas break plans. Beat Fell Seal, Beat Transistor, beat Super Metroid. Beat Pikmin 3? Haha, I'm still terrified of some stupid Moth Boss on like Day 3 or 4 or something. I can't get through it without losing my friends.

If I can then start on Fusion that'd be great. I don't think I'll devote the necessary time to beat FFX, but I would like to get off the rails, make a blitzball team, and just zone out in that game for a bit. I just got to the airship, but I'm clearly not controlling it yet. How long until that happens?

I'll also maybe finish Picross S1, I'm on the last page of Mega-Picross. I don't think I'll pick up S2 but rather Sega first then jump back.

Let's see how much I truly get done!

You get control of the airship in ffx right before the final dungeon

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mandatory lesbian posted:

You get control of the airship in ffx right before the final dungeon

Just as an FYI in case you're expecting something similar to prior Final Fantasy games, you don't really get "control" of it, it's just a quick-travel menu back to previous locations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What game has the absolute best graphics on the Nintendo Switch?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Bust Rodd posted:

Metroid dread unless you meant highest fidelity.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Luigi's Mansion 3

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Edit: ^^^^ yeah, that one, too.

Bust Rodd posted:

From what I've played, I'd say Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Kirby Super Star Allies.

I haven't played Crysis or Doom 2016, yet.

Comedy answer: Picross S.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Astral Chain looks great in combat but kinda muddy while walking around

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Alien Isolation wowed me repeatedly.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bust Rodd posted:

Yoshi's Crafted World

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pokemon Snap because the pokemon are incredibly cute in it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

Wilmots warehouse

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Quick question, does Picross on the Switch have touchscreen controls?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Louisgod posted:

Quick question, does Picross on the Switch have touchscreen controls?

New one does it seems. Old ones don't, but people are hoping it'll get patched in.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

100YrsofAttitude posted:

New one does it seems. Old ones don't, but people are hoping it'll get patched in.

Great, thanks! What's the new one called? Want to make sure I pick that up and not older versions.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bust Rodd posted:

Already been said, but it's Luigi's Mansion 3.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

Dying Light.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Five loving games at once?

Again, SEGA does what Nintendon't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I haven't played Crysis or Doom 2016, yet.
All the Cryses are good ports. It's a bit of a shame that if you want the physical versions you have to go our your way a bit to locate all of them.