Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

where’s the rope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Hashy posted:

Right, the monumental global fuckup that is the 'covid pandemic' comes with a large cost. You're proposing "let a lot of people die".

Care to show me where I proposed one loving thing?

It's just a fact that two years in, unless there's a clear path on how lockdowns would help lead to some semblance of normality, they'll see enough opposition to be basically worthless.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Tommunist posted:

Big news about the status of the WA hospital system

current state of the WA health system: one of the drugs I need to live is no longer being manufactured, which is not really a fault of the WA health system. But one of the replacement drugs I am now on (which is less effective) is not considered an essential drug, which means WA is now completely out of stock. So now I am on a third, even less effective drug (so my drug load of this med has gone from 12 per day to 30 per day), until WA runs out of that and I guess I'll just die?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

current state of the WA health system: one of the drugs I need to live is no longer being manufactured, which is not really a fault of the WA health system. But one of the replacement drugs I am now on (which is less effective) is not considered an essential drug, which means WA is now completely out of stock. So now I am on a third, even less effective drug (so my drug load of this med has gone from 12 per day to 30 per day), until WA runs out of that and I guess I'll just die?

JFC WA.

Get your god drat poo poo together. I'm fine with borders staying closed.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Got this in the mail today

Pack it up losers, new PM is here

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010

hooman posted:

JFC WA.

I'm fine with borders staying closed.

I am not.

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies
https://twitter.com/karenlsweeney/status/1471617002359775235?s=20

Friend who works at DPP is insanely pumped for this, DPP received carriage of it because they invoked Commonwealth law

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i'm too tired to photoshop a QLD reds hat onto an uruk hai saying "looks like masks are back on the menu, boys!" but pretend I did that

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
It's incredible how lovely the NSW covid app is

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Well we can both enjoy watching our health system collapse in Feb together then.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

hooman posted:

JFC WA.

Get your god drat poo poo together. I'm fine with borders staying closed.

Look no point uselessly wishing for things we all know are never going to happen.

But yeah, the strict boarder closure one of the few good things the WA gov seems to of been able to do. So good for them over that.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

EoinCannon posted:

Got this in the mail today

Pack it up losers, new PM is here

He'll be lucky to win his seat back.

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Cpt Soban posted:

Pup only really exist to funnel preference votes from disaffected chuds back to the Libs anyway.

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010

hooman posted:

Well we can both enjoy watching our health system collapse in Feb together then.

Brah, I will be in the middle of it.

Send Help, https://vip.stjohnambulance.com.au/

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Cpt Soban posted:

I'm expecting them to pick up a senate seat or two, which could be enough to give Palmer some real clout in the next parliament.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Kazzah posted:

It's incredible how lovely the NSW covid app is

I find it fine just for checking in and out, what issue you having?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Centusin posted:

I find it fine just for checking in and out, what issue you having?

thats the service NSW app, which is pretty good as far as government apps go.

the covidsafe app is pretty terrible though.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Going to be honest and admit I completely forgot the covidsafe app existed lmao

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Centusin posted:

Going to be honest and admit I completely forgot the covidsafe app existed lmao

you and the rest of the country

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

quote:

Across the period from mid-May to mid-November, including major outbreaks and lockdowns across New South Wales and Victoria, just 13 people consented to their data being used for contact tracing.

That resulted in only nine useful "encounters" being identified, two of whom were considered possible close contacts.

Covidsafe's usage level is genuinely funny

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

you and the rest of the country

I thought the Service Victoria, (and other states equivalents), app where you scan the QR code was what was being used for the contact tracing.

Now I find out there is a separate app I am supposed to have, and give consent for my info to be used?

Gold Standard my fat hairy arse.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

At one point last year work directed us to have the Covid Safe app installed if we had work phones.

After about a month they didn't bother chasing that up considering how useless it was (and how much battery it used up, probably funneling our data to contractors)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Also it didn't work at all on iOS unless it was the app in focus, which is completely and utterly useless.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

im goign to sue daniel andrews for defamation

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

I thought the Service Victoria, (and other states equivalents), app where you scan the QR code was what was being used for the contact tracing.

Now I find out there is a separate app I am supposed to have, and give consent for my info to be used?

Gold Standard my fat hairy arse.

covidsafe was from the previous lockdown and nobody used it then either.

the state based checkin apps are better at contact tracing (if people use them correctly, which varies)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Call me a bootlicker but I'm quietly proud of how the mySA check-in app turns everything green if you're double-vaxxed and tick the box to say so

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

Laserface posted:

thats the service NSW app, which is pretty good as far as government apps go.

the covidsafe app is pretty terrible though.

People still have that covidsafe app?

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Call me a bootlicker but I'm quietly proud of how the mySA check-in app turns everything green if you're double-vaxxed and tick the box to say so

Same, I love the taste of leather boot.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

COVIDSafe would've been fine on the March 2020 level assumption that we were going to end up with widespread ongoing community transmission, but since we went down a different path entirely of stringent contact tracing, who cares. I mean yeah QR check-in compliance is wildly varying but that would have been true of COVIDSafe too.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Launchpad McQuack posted:

Brah, I will be in the middle of it.

Send Help, https://vip.stjohnambulance.com.au/

Urgh, I'm sorry to hear that. I forgot you were an ambo :(

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cpt Soban posted:

People still have that covidsafe app?

my mum, despite my lamentations

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Seemlar posted:

Covidsafe's usage level is genuinely funny

lol every covidsafe users’ data has been sold to a million phishers’ lists by now

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Oh neat, in response to omicron nsw is stepping up contact tracing elements.

MAYBE we should pit back in mandatory check ins like they literally two days ago then.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Hey, here's a question. Remember when half the country caught fire and we basically lived in an apocalypse for weeks?

What, if anything, has the government done to at least HELP the situation next time

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

abigserve posted:

Hey, here's a question. Remember when half the country caught fire and we basically lived in an apocalypse for weeks?

What, if anything, has the government done to at least HELP the situation next time

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That comedian raised all that money so the government doesn't have to

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Zenithe posted:

Oh neat, in response to omicron nsw is stepping up contact tracing elements.

MAYBE we should pit back in mandatory check ins like they literally two days ago then.

Wait lol did NSW seriously drop QR check ins?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

freebooter posted:

Wait lol did NSW seriously drop QR check ins?

They're only mandatory for clubs and pubs and poo poo now, yeah. Dom is a dumbass.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I mean I reckon compliance has gone down the shitter in Victoria but even if 1 in 5 people are doing it that still does something, at least

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Fairly distressing how rapidly everyone was done with masks too. Terrible timing with the arrival of Omicron, it's going to be an interesting Christmas. it's the let er rip that we've been waiting for. Still a couple months to my booster :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah pretty much nobody is wearing masks here anymore and if they are they're nose-dicking. Terrible.