Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Unkempt posted:

prog 476

As long as you're billing for the bills you're fine.

Otherwise
https://www.npr.org/2019/03/25/706715377/man-pleads-guilty-to-phishing-scheme-that-fleeced-facebook-google-of-100-million

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Nightwing Annual: Red Hood and Nightwing are chasing Clayface.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Aw man, is Clayface back to being a bad guy?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

No, a Batguy.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Retro Futurist posted:

Aw man, is Clayface back to being a bad guy?

Aren’t there multiple Clayfaces? This coupd be any one of them

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

It's the one that looks like Batman :rolleyes:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thetoughestbean posted:

Yes, this one is shown to be Preston Payne. Nightwing figured it out by analyzing a piece of him back at the Batcave and I guess all the Clayfaces have different chemical compositions.

Basil Karlo is the one that turned good.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Liking the lady protagonist from Doron Dororon

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Is that kinda title a trend in manga at the moment?

Dorohedoro
Dandadan
Doron Dororon

Feels like Keroro Gunsou running out of character names.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elissimpark posted:

Is that kinda title a trend in manga at the moment?

Dorohedoro
Dandadan
Doron Dororon

It's a trend that started with a cop getting killed under a literal shitload.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's better than the trend where things just have extremely plain descriptive names.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Dorohedoro turned 21 years old this year so I guess it depends on your definition of a trend.

If you want to go all the back to the 1960's you could bring in Dororo too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

It's better than the trend where things just have extremely plain descriptive names.

That was apparently because people weren't reading the blurbs for these high concept stories so gently caress it put the one line pitch on the front/spine.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Apparently this is due to the dearth of light novels available in Japan, so the trend has been showing the hook in the title.
e: a better explanation above.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Tell me you wouldn't be more likely to pick up a comic if it was called "This guy's power is that he's just really loving good at wrestling and he suplexes aliens to death" instead of "Muscle Man issue #001" or whatever.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Light novels getting super long titles is a rather recent phenomenon, it started in the last decade. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi79l5k8gBM

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Also, apologies for the double post.

Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend

Ruriko and Kurumi are friends. After they have their coming of age ceremony (which in Japan is at 20 years old) another friend tells them that she's getting married (and also she's pregnant). Kurumi bemoans the fact that she has no one in her life, but she says that's because she likes to do lots of stuff (watch movies, go to concerts, read books, read comics, go to the museum, etc.) so she has no time to think about love, and besides no one likes someone who only thinks about herself.

Ruriko has objections.

(Read right to left.)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

OPAONI posted:

Apparently this is due to the dearth of light novels available in Japan, so the trend has been showing the hook in the title.
e: a better explanation above.
... I thought it was the opposite problem, there's a shitload of them?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"I'm a Manga Creator Who Can't Come Up With a Good Title So I Used an Extremely Long Sentence and It Turned Out to Be a Huge Hit!" only ran for twelve chapters, oddly enough.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I know Hanks is cheating, but I was looking for something else and this is just too beautiful:

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Elfface posted:

Naturally, it's the ape villain paying in NFTs.

I did not get this and it's brilliant. They're all selfies in different hats, aren't they.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Unkempt posted:

prog 476

It's actually a not-uncommon scam! Some dude took millions from Google doing it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Libra posted:

Tell me you wouldn't be more likely to pick up a comic if it was called "This guy's power is that he's just really loving good at wrestling and he suplexes aliens to death" instead of "Muscle Man issue #001" or whatever.

"My parents were killed so now I dress as a bat?!" - a new light novel from DC

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Zereth posted:

... I thought it was the opposite problem, there's a shitload of them?

It's more likely I just used the word wrong!
E: lol yep im dumb

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

TwoPair posted:

"My parents were killed so now I dress as a bat?!" - a new light novel from DC

Come to think of it, that's basically what those wordy Silver Age comic book covers were like. With a hint of clickbait before clickbait was a thing.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Test Pattern posted:

It's actually a not-uncommon scam! Some dude took millions from Google doing it.

poo poo, the party in government of Ontario did it this year.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Spidey Super Stories #33 (1978)

Catman Ashcan #1 (1995)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Darthemed posted:

Catman Ashcan #1 (1995)

Same energy.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

I wonder who would win in a fight between newspaper Spiderman and Super Spidey Stories Spiderman.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Elissimpark posted:

I wonder who would win in a fight between newspaper Spiderman and Super Spidey Stories Spiderman.

Peter Venkman: "Oh, wonderful. We have to get these two together."
Egon: "I think that would be extraordinarily dangerous."

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Elissimpark posted:

I think Super Stories would win because he's a guy who enthusiastically describes what he's doing while Newspaper is mostly describing what's happening to him.

"I'm throwing a brick and throwing it hard at Newspaper Spider-Man's head!"

"Look out! Spidey Super Stories Spider-Man is throwing a brick at my head! What can I do?!"

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Newspaper Spider-Man takes place in a setting where trivial and absurd difficulties, like boarding an airplane, are dragged out across several months, Spidey Super Stories takes place in a setting where a lady dressed like Napoleon is socking you with a boxing glove within the first three panels. I dunno how they'd even encounter each other when they're on such radically different wavelengths.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mikl posted:

Ruriko and Kurumi are friends. After they have their coming of age ceremony (which in Japan is at 20 years old) another friend tells them that she's getting married (and also she's pregnant). Kurumi bemoans the fact that she has no one in her life, but she says that's because she likes to do lots of stuff (watch movies, go to concerts, read books, read comics, go to the museum, etc.) so she has no time to think about love, and besides no one likes someone who only thinks about herself.

Ruriko has objections.

(Read right to left.)

just gals being pals

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Elissimpark posted:

They would both bond over laughing at Hostess Twinkie Ad Spider-Man.

“Did that guy try to stop us by throwing snack cakes at us?”
“Yes! He did!”

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Libra posted:

What, "Death By Suplex" was already taken? Clear, succinct and it's a fukken great concept.

"From any direction...

"From any position...

"He strikes...

"And you'll never see it coming.

"DEATH BY SUPLEX - A Diamondcutter/RKO Publication"

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

My favorite dinosaur villain, Dr. Dinosaur from Atomic Robo

Today's Atomic Robo has a beautiful Dr. Dinosaur moment.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Splint Chesthair posted:

They would both bond over laughing at Hostess Twinkie Ad Spider-Man.

“Did that guy try to stop us by throwing snack cakes at us?”
“Yes! He did!”

Twinkie Spiderman and Spidey Spiderman would bond over baked goods whilst Newspaper Spiderman recovered from a Twinkie induced concussion.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

site posted:

just gals being pals

I mean, the only 2 trajectories the book can go is 'they actually fall in love' or 'they fall for other people (probably guys) and oh no, the marriage makes it awkward and wacky hijinks ensue' and the first one is a thousand times better.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Mikl posted:

Ruriko has objections.

(Read right to left.)

I just read this whole thing (up to the current release!) and it's adorable. Boilerplate, completely standard romance manga, but really heart-meltingly sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Elissimpark posted:

Twinkie Spiderman and Spidey Spiderman would bond over baked goods whilst Newspaper Spiderman recovered from a Twinkie induced concussion.

Some bad news about Twinkie Spider-Man