Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shux
Feb 25, 2012

Join Freestyle Cyclists and help repeal Australia's unjustified Helmet laws.

Studies have shown cars travel much closer to cyclists wearing helmets, arguably increasing the risk of an accident.
Soo... we still super left? Right? dirty stupid centrist? Where does the echo chamber sit these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I am your horrible centrist king and I rule over this thread with a poo poo stained fist.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

freebooter posted:

Wait lol did NSW seriously drop QR check ins?
Yes. It's hosed. If nobody is checking in at half the places what's the loving point?

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Shux posted:

Soo... we still super left? Right? dirty stupid centrist? Where does the echo chamber sit these days?

Check cspam for the echo chamber

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

bowmore posted:

Yes. It's hosed. If nobody is checking in at half the places what's the loving point?

You get to shake your head sadly and say if only people would take some personal responsibility are hospitals wouldn't be on fire, there's nothing we could do, total shame, vote for us.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

bowmore posted:

Dude that’s if places even show their codes anymore.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

It was super cool to get a text message this morning telling me to monitor for symptoms because I visited a Coles a few days ago and then discovering the NSW state government doesn't feel the need to publicly report that kind of thing anymore.

That combined with ducking into a McDonald's to grab a coffee at 4am and being surrounded by like 50 people who decided to get wasted on weeknight and all hover maskless at the front counter really filled me with a lot of faith people really are doing their best to not make things worse.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

abigserve posted:

Hey, here's a question. Remember when half the country caught fire and we basically lived in an apocalypse for weeks?

What, if anything, has the government done to at least HELP the situation next time

The fund they set up to help victims has collected some interest.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

woofbro posted:

Dude that’s if places even show their codes anymore.
Yeah that's what I mean

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

bowmore posted:

Yeah that's what I mean

Ah cool, I thought you meant people are fed up and no longer want to check in.

But yeah, I feel as though most people find out when they get to Coles or whatever, notice there’s no QR codes available for check-in then the clerk who informs them that it’s no longer necessary or available.

You’d think they’d leave the option open but hey, they won’t. For some reason it’s an all or nothing mentality and I hope it doesn’t fall belly up.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Redezga posted:

It was super cool to get a text message this morning telling me to monitor for symptoms because I visited a Coles a few days ago and then discovering the NSW state government doesn't feel the need to publicly report that kind of thing anymore.

That combined with ducking into a McDonald's to grab a coffee at 4am and being surrounded by like 50 people who decided to get wasted on weeknight and all hover maskless at the front counter really filled me with a lot of faith people really are doing their best to not make things worse.

I've got a notification from Coles, Woolies and I'm a casual contact from work all just this week, looking forward to my christmas in iso

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

woofbro posted:

Ah cool, I thought you meant people are fed up and no longer want to check in.

But yeah, I feel as though most people find out when they get to Coles or whatever, notice there’s no QR codes available for check-in then the clerk who informs them that it’s no longer necessary or available.

You’d think they’d leave the option open but hey, they won’t. For some reason it’s an all or nothing mentality and I hope it doesn’t fall belly up.

If Victoria manages to pull it out of the fire and still somehow continue to record higher COVID cases than NSW over the next few weeks I'll be loving spewing

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

Solemn Sloth posted:

The fund they set up to help victims has collected some interest.

Oh, the one for the bushfires from last year made some money?

That's good.
What did they spend it on?

Yes, I know exactly what they spent it on.

Literally nothing, 'cause there wasn't any actual money allocated.

Amiright?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Shux posted:

We're all left of the ALP.

Even the ALP people here are left of the ALP.

EDIT: The rest of us are left of the greens.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

A Good Username posted:

That's good.

Amiright?

If they spent the money it wouldn’t have collected as much interest though

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Well due to the surge of cases in QLD we are getting masks back. NSW had 2482 new COVID cases, the highest in a 24 hour period in Australia. Looks like it's rippin'

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

go nsw, you can do it!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Gsc please don't haunt me, I know you'll put vegemite chocolate in my mouth while I'm sleeping.

Budzilla posted:

Well due to the surge of cases in QLD we are getting masks back. NSW had 2482 new COVID cases, the highest in a 24 hour period in Australia. Looks like it's rippin'

Vic won't let this stand, we'll catch up next week.

Edit: auspol Phase 4: please take some personal responsibility for your pandemic experience

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Eediot Jedi posted:

Gsc please don't haunt me, I know you'll put vegemite chocolate in my mouth while I'm sleeping.

the singing scene from Ghost but rather than singing Henry The Eighth over and over I am playing Cruel Angels Thesis with a spooky trumpet

doot doot

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Budzilla posted:

Let'er Status: Ripped.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
https://twitter.com/VictorianCHO/status/1472038387972411394

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Imagine if we defined what masks do (elastomerics, n95 equivalents) and don't (everything else) work and told people how to fit them properly

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Hello Jpeg my old friend, I've come to post you once again.

slorb
May 14, 2002

A Good Username posted:

That's good.

Amiright?

They did spend some money. On dance lessons.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/bushfire-affected-community-asks-for-water-storage-gets-dance-lessons-20211205-p59ew2.html

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

hooman posted:

Lmao I honestly just saw it on twitter and logged in only to see if someone posted the gif.

It should be both a rule and an honour to post it for this thread!

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

hooman posted:

Joe doesn't know where pee is stored!

I use my balls to wet the bed!!

Idiot!!!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

PopcornGrinning face with smiling eyes

https://twitter.com/TheLoneWitch/status/1472070062265626624

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Imagine thinking Hildebrand is on the left.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

I wish he'd be left forgotten

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Joe Hildebrand lives in Sydney which means that even if you completely discard death and illness, he's lived a less restricted life over the past two years than, say, any given European

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
hi thread

lol hoe hilderbrang still exists

he been run out of any towns recently?

fake edit: i'm not fixing that

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
joe knows all about pissing himself

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Scott Morrison says national plan ‘not about case numbers’

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

because cases are something you carry, duh

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
The National Plan has helpfully been posted online for like six months and you easily look it up and see that is precisely the case and always has been

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
As most people have said already, getting rid of QR and mask mandates is loving stupid.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Has anyone asked him why we shouldn't expect Australia to see growth in numbers like the UK?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

The health officer of Victoria having a Daily Telly guy ice-picked in Mexico for calling him a pussy

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Dec 18, 2021

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

bowmore posted:

As most people have said already, getting rid of QR and mask mandates is loving stupid.

Apparently the rumour is that the Service NSW IT outage this weekend is due to reversing the changes that had been made this week to delink QR from services with the expectation QR and masks will have to come back this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Zetsubou-san posted:

hoe hilderbrang