Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

That's a really good picture for 1988

wait, hang on

oh

OH NO

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Beavey and Butto

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

A classy Saturday night on the town.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/4vo8ZJu.mp4

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Its coming home.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mister Chief posted:

Its coming home.

Yes, and maybe that isn't for the best

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown posted:

Yes, and maybe that isn't for the best

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nob-yline bowling

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
crashing into middle stump

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
off for a counter lunch before the tourists beplague the valley.
thank gently caress for the sea breeze, Kempsey smelled like a cubbyhouse and it was hot as balls

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
^wrong thread

Its been a top year for birds

Only registered members can see post attachments!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Also

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The wave is a dying art. Kids these days know nothing of our peoples traditions.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

The wave is a dying art. Kids these days know nothing of our peoples traditions.

It lives on in neighbourhoods with narrow streets and on street parking

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

EoinCannon posted:

It lives on in neighbourhoods with narrow streets and on street parking

Can confirm, and that the high beam flick warning is also alive and well

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I swear the little hole in the hat of a bubble 'o bill is a stroke of artistic genius.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

I've never seen a B'oB look that good irl.

Anyway, it's the 21st of Dec...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYqIF2XkqKU

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

If you're gonna do the Chiko Roll you should do it justice.

For full marks it should be posted up in a fish and chip shop next to an ad for ciggies with a clock in it.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Bill Posters posted:

If you're gonna do the Chiko Roll you should do it justice.

For full marks it should be posted up in a fish and chip shop next to an ad for ciggies with a clock in it.

And a faded poster with pictures of all the different fish species on it

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

hell yeah I had a couple of these for lunch on Sunday

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Gravy day motherfuckers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOWtK6HYCSE

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Counterfeit Big M?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

So passe, get with the times old man :corsair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLVzHv9Nrng

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

:australia:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
One HK manual sedan thanks

burnt orange with the black racing stripe

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Considering that was the STD sedan model, with inflation that's $23,580 in today's money.

The last range of Holdens before they folded had the entry-level 2013 Evoke at $34,990 ($40,226 today)

Wait WTF

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Carsales has:

'69 HK Premier 308L engine auto sedan for 85k

'65 HD Special manual sedan for 84k

'62 EJ Standard manual wagon for 42k

So some of those (might be a year earlier even) are good at todays prices in decent condition

Now, if it is a Monaro ranging from HG, HK, HJ, HT, HQ, HZ etc they're all 90k+ and if it is the GTS model all they all start at a base price of 150k in all conditions and upto 250k.

For example, a 1968 Monaro GTS HK manual is 300k.

And this is just off carsales, the actual properly stored original cars, or very well done restorations sold at auction will go for 300-900k easily.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Phase III sells for $1.3 Million

https://7news.com.au/business/automotive/classic-ford-falcon-sells-for-record-breaking-13-million-at-auction-c-4077464

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

seems low

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

A restored sandman is 60-70k, well kept ford panel vans are around 10-20k for anything 80s. Japanese imports are all up but that's been going for a while now.

Buy cool stuff now, it's all goin up

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Laserface posted:

Easy to say in general terms, but when all the boomers die off anything that X and Y don't have any nostalgia for is going to be worth ⅗ of gently caress-all.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

drunkill posted:

Carsales has:

'69 HK Premier 308L engine auto sedan for 85k

'65 HD Special manual sedan for 84k

'62 EJ Standard manual wagon for 42k

So some of those (might be a year earlier even) are good at todays prices in decent condition

Now, if it is a Monaro ranging from HG, HK, HJ, HT, HQ, HZ etc they're all 90k+ and if it is the GTS model all they all start at a base price of 150k in all conditions and upto 250k.

For example, a 1968 Monaro GTS HK manual is 300k.

And this is just off carsales, the actual properly stored original cars, or very well done restorations sold at auction will go for 300-900k easily.

One of my mates dad has had a Holden HQ Monaro sitting under a tarp in the backyard for gently caress knows how long.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Laserface posted:

A restored sandman is 60-70k, well kept ford panel vans are around 10-20k for anything 80s. Japanese imports are all up but that's been going for a while now.

I wish I'd bought a 240z twenty years ago but if I'm being honest with myself it would be 90% rust now anyway.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Pillbug

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

https://www.racv.com.au/royalauto/transport/cars/australias-worst-cars.html
Are these the 15 worst cars ever sold in Australia?

1. Holden Camira (all of them)
Mechanically one of the most unreliable cars of its era, which is quite an accolade. But the Camira was a complete package, engineered throughout to displease. The exterior fit and finish was so haphazard that you’d think it was drawn by Picasso. It didn’t get any better once you moved inside, thanks to acres of hideous, poor-quality, mismatched plastic that squeaked like the car was full of cicadas. Initially powered by a pathetic 1.6-litre engine and later by an equally pathetic 1.8, the car was slow, horrible to drive – and it rusted.

2. Morris/Leyland Marina Six
The UK-spec Morris Marina was in its own right one of the worst cars ever created, but it was only with a bit of Aussie ‘can-do’ spirit that it turned into something truly diabolical. Adding a heavy and powerful six-cylinder engine to a terrible Morris Minor-based chassis was certain to bring about safety and handling confidence – not!

3. Ford Cortina Six
Similar to the Morris Marina in that a heavy and overpowered 4.1-litre engine designed for a Falcon went beyond the poor car’s ability to keep it all on the road. If pushed too hard you discovered that a car can indeed understeer and oversteer simultaneously.

4. Datsun 120Y Automatic
Driving one was a Zen experience in the art of patience, such was its lethargy. But hey, the 1970s were relaxed times, so Datsun was forced to throw in some wretched handling, ugliness and a cramped interior for that extra dollop of awfulness. Even worse than their driving characteristics was the fact that they were nigh-on indestructible — ensuring that the agony of owning one would be passed on to a whole new generation, like some sort of automotive family curse.

5. HD Holden
While mostly remembered for its ugly front end with weird pointy pedestrian-catching ‘kidney crusher’ mudguards, the HD gave so much more. We can only assume that GMH put a lot of effort into designing a car with such poor braking and handling. Surely, chance or oversight alone could not explain how a car could do these things so poorly!

6. Ford AU Falcon
Whereas the HD Holden had an ugly front, the AU Falcon, had an ugly front, middle and rump. With front and rear lights looking like a sad clown, all of the models were grotesque, but the pick of the bunch was the base-model Forte with its Waterfall grille. It didn’t look anything like that, of course, but it did bear more than a passing resemblance to the gaping maw of a baleen whale.

7. Holden Gemini Diesel
Combining a well-engineered but crude 1970s-tech Japanese diesel engine with a rugged and durable rear wheel-drive platform might’ve been a great idea – assuming the Holden TE Gemini was a farm tractor.

8. Leyland P76
A lot of people look back at these wistfully, pointing out all the avant-garde features and the 44-gallon drum-consuming boot. Piffle, all of it – they were rubbish, both conceptually and in execution. What possessed a company that led the way in advanced, space-efficient front-wheel-drive cars (you know, the design direction that we know today?) to ditch all that and bet the farm on a poorly-built entry into a market already stitched up by Ford and Holden?

9. Holden TK Barina
The Opel Corsa-based XC Barina was a highpoint in the nameplate’s history. It was well-designed and fun to drive. So what better way to replace it than with a second-rate Daewoo? It was a cynical exercise in cost cutting that gave Australian motorists a car that was in every way inferior to the one it replaced. Worse still was its pathetic two-star ANCAP crash rating. This was unforgivable for a company that was really pushing the safety qualities of its local product.

10. Mazda 929
The 1973-77 Mazda 929 was in many ways the epitome of the well-equipped, well-designed, reliable but unassuming Japanese cars that profoundly altered the Australian market in the early 1970s. The 929 even spawned the cult RX-4 rotary that remains the darling of drag strips. The 929 wouldn’t even be on this list of worst cars were it not for a design feature so surreal that it belonged on a Salvador Dali painting. I speak of course of the door moulding, where it seems that the guy designing the back didn’t actually talk to the guy designing the front — with the result that they don’t meet in the middle.

11. Toyota Lexcen
Slap a Toyota badge on one of the most half-baked and poorly built Commodores ever and name it after a guy who made boats. Enough said.

12. Toyota Avalon
If cars were clothes, then the Avalon would be a brown cardigan inherited from your grandad. Even when new, this car was old. The body tooling was a six-year-old hand-me-down from the factory in America – and it showed. The Avalon’s dull and dated looks appealed to pretty much nobody.

13. Ford XD Falcon
A reminder of how low our expectations of a large car really were in the late 1970s. They do now have a following on account of the fact that they are cheap, simple to work on, and can be fairly potent with a V8 option. At the time, it had a decent racing pedigree too (about as decent as it gets). However, that disguised some fundamental shoddiness. They weren’t particularly comfortable or well equipped, and woe-betide anyone but Arnold Schwarzenegger who forgot to tick the power-steering option. There were terrible quality glitches too, some of which — like the achy-breaky door handles — were never fixed during the entire 20-year XD-XH model dynasty.

14. Holden VC Starfire four Commodore
This abysmal variant had a four-cylinder motor derived from an already elderly pushrod six. In every respect the engine was as crude, feeble and utterly ill-suited to the task at hand, as its cobbled-together-on-a-shoestring nature suggested. The clapped-out machinery used to make them also meant that the engines were worn out before the dealer even handed the keys to the buyer. The best thing about the Starfire four engine was that, with its 88.9 cylinder bore, you could make a nice hipster wine rack.

15. Holden HB Torana
Basically a Vauxhall Viva with a Holden badge and a new name. The name is supposedly an Indigenous word meaning ‘to fly’ — and fly it did, with all the grace and elegance of a startled chicken. The sound was about as pleasing too.