Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Log082 posted:

I feel that this is part of the reason they're pushing for UAP disclosure: They want all of these incidents reported, not just the ones that are obviously drones.

Absolutely. I've said it before, but I firmly believe the majority of sightings are actually adversarial drones taking advantage of our massive blind spot on this to do infrastructure reconnaissance as well as signals intelligence. China and Russia have been allowed to get a massive amount of information over the past however long because of the stigma around this. I think this seeming push for disclosure is at least as much about this as it is whatever the gently caress the rest of these things are. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Mellon is on board only because of this and just realizes that in order to solve this very real problem we are going to have to come clean about the weird poo poo as well. I would bet that it's one of the central arguments between the two factions (disclosure vs continued secrecy).

My biggest fear is that now that this is all in the open and being studied that we quickly learn a lot more about the terrestrial stuff so the government just declares as loudly and strongly as possible "NOTHING TO SEE HERE IT WAS JUST RUSSIAN/CHINESE DRONES ALL ALONG. NO WEIRD poo poo. WE TOLD YOU ALL THESE PEOPLE WERE CRAZY" and the mystery goes right back into the quack box for 95% of the population while tensions with Russia/China ratchet up that much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer

toggle posted:

Harassment Of Navy Destroyers By Mysterious Drone Swarms Off California Went On For Weeks: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/43561/mysterious-drone-swarms-over-navy-destroyers-off-california-went-on-for-weeks

I think we'll continue to see "Whoah UAPs!?!" stories like those until the US is either ready to admit they own this technology, or they are forced to deploy it in on the battlefield. The idea that extraterrestrials are constantly buzzing navy warships and snooping around military installations is, I believe, extremely unlikely. This has always been human-made technology.

Lue and Mellon, whether they know it or not, are preparing the world for the eventual introduction of paradigm-shifting flight technology in a carefully controlled manner. This technology has been developed by compartmentalised private sector teams and has been funded by some of the trillions of dollars missing from the economy. The vast majority of legitimate sightings we are familiar with from the last few decades (tic-tacs, orbs, triangles, whatever) are related to these projects.

We're dealing with two major advancements:
  • New propulsion technology that allows remotely operated drones to move at much higher speeds than previously possible
  • Orbs and plasmas that can be generated from a distance by beams or particle cannons

So why the secrecy for so long?

Firstly, I think weaponizing craft using this propulsion technology has been very difficult owing to the field it generates around the object - perhaps projectile weapons are useless as they would instantly detonate. So for a long time all they had was an extremely expensive paperweight that can manoeuvre at incredible speeds - granted you could use these as devastating kinetic weapons, but where's the novelty in that?

Secondly, such technology may have other applications - particularly in energy - that would risk destabilising the delicate petrodollar system that we all love so much.

Thirdly, the mysterious nature of this technology is a tactical advantage. If the enemy pilot thinks your flying weapon is a UFO, they won't necessarily react as if it is a threat. If the enemy radar operator sees a hundred returns around their position, they need to believe that they are actually objects rather than artificially generated ionised plasmas. This is the one of the reasons for all the military interactions we are hearing about - they have been gathering data on how trained personnel react to these unknown objects, while trying to keep it under wraps at the same time. Secrecy is a significant force multiplier.

Lastly, I think the US cannot be certain that they are the only ones who have developed this technology, because there are indeed other things in our skies and oceans that are genuinely unidentified. If they went public with a tic-tac today, the nightmare situation would be China unveiling an even better one tomorrow.

Disclosure is (kind of) happening now because this has all gone on too long and was always going to come out - but it is being deliberately mixed up with UFO narratives to maintain as much of the secrecy and mysticism for as long as possible. Lue is excellent at this, and will undoubtedly forgive his beloved country for doing what was necessary when further truths come out. We've all probably heard Ross Coulthart repeatedly admonish the evils of Russia and China, hoping that if it is human-made technology, then strewth mate I bloody hope it's the yanks! That's precisely the attitude they want to cultivate.

The crazy thing is, I believe that this whole mess is made far more complicated because a genuine non-human intelligence has been interacting with this planet for a long time, but it's infinitely more complex than visitors from space. That's a whole other post though.

I'm happy to accept that I may be 100% wrong about all of this!

I get the impression this was all just a stupid way of making a scene for a TV show, and nothing more.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

P'nuti tape is real

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lue lied peanutties died

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its human made drones with exotic propulsion systems but the twist is its also reverse engineered et tech

what does a p'niti ship look like? Su ever drawn one?

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

This seems dull (ZERO pictures of spacemen), but this was fun:

At one point during this meeting, Elizondo got up to see the two gentlemen from the Pentagon off and I had a little bit to talk to Tom directly. During that portion of this encounter, he made the statement to me that there were incidents of “some type of creatures coming through portals on Earth,” and in one incident, these “creatures” used some kind of “weapon” to turn a dog into a “grease stain.” He also mentioned that there was some kind of a “cold war or equivalent to the Syria situation” taking place between a species of extraterrestrial that is already here “under the oceans” and another from “somewhere else” that is currently “on the moon.”

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

So he knew about this 2 and a half years ago, but didnt think it was interesting/important. but now that UFO reddit starts talking about it, he writes an article? :thunk:

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Chris Pistols posted:

This seems dull (ZERO pictures of spacemen), but this was fun:

At one point during this meeting, Elizondo got up to see the two gentlemen from the Pentagon off and I had a little bit to talk to Tom directly. During that portion of this encounter, he made the statement to me that there were incidents of “some type of creatures coming through portals on Earth,” and in one incident, these “creatures” used some kind of “weapon” to turn a dog into a “grease stain.” He also mentioned that there was some kind of a “cold war or equivalent to the Syria situation” taking place between a species of extraterrestrial that is already here “under the oceans” and another from “somewhere else” that is currently “on the moon.”

That dog incident is mentioned in Hunt for the Skinwalker, I think. The original owner of the ranch reported that his dog(s) chased one of the orbs into the brush and then he heard yelps, followed by silence, and when he investigated his dog had apparently been transformed into a greasy spot on the ground.

If confusing UFO sightings with mysticism is a major part of the op Hunt for the Skinwalker's content is a perfect fit.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Rah! posted:

So he knew about this 2 and a half years ago, but didnt think it was interesting/important. but now that UFO reddit starts talking about it, he writes an article? :thunk:

the guy's a bit of a dipshit, but a useful one since he's the sort who just loves grinding through bureaucratic bullshit

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Didn't greenwald have a twitter fued with eric davis and lue elizondo, several months ago?

So Greenwald is the FOIA guy, that's all he does. But now he has alleged intelligence agents personally sharing their reddit stories with him while also telling him not to share their identities? And the story hurts lue's credibility! But he doesn't share it because there's no way to prove it i guess? Until reddit starts talking about it, and now he starts telling everyone about it! Maybe its true that Lue filmed people without consent for a TV show, but maybe this story is also convenient for greenwalds secret twitter war against tiny lue and eric davis lol

who knows

In any case i've always been kinda skeptical of Greenwald, just like Lue and the others. FOIA isn't a fool proof method to get THE TRUTH like he thinks lol

Rah! has issued a correction as of 18:18 on Dec 20, 2021

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

greenwald, across social media and reddit, strikes me as sincere but dumb, and yes he tried to have a beef with lue and davis

whoa history channel did some stupid poo poo to up the drama on one of their pseudo-documentary series?!? imma faint with shock

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Case in point: I FOIAed a blank document from the CIA with a title suggesting that the soviets had destroyed a secret US moon base and received the full thing, which was the exact same blank document

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lue hosed up/got played and made some weird claims with Delonge is the big take away. I'm curious what he has to say to it, I imagine he'll respond.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Rah! posted:

lol

"hey jimbo/ivan, instead of using test pilots who are adults with fully functioning brains, and like, muscles and stuff, and who have years of experience flying and being in the military and whatnot, lets put little kids behind the controls of our 69 trillion dollar super secret flying pissorb"

I'm not saying it's true. But it is incredibly dumb. So it's probably true.

Charles Mansion posted:

That dog incident is mentioned in Hunt for the Skinwalker, I think. The original owner of the ranch reported that his dog(s) chased one of the orbs into the brush and then he heard yelps, followed by silence, and when he investigated his dog had apparently been transformed into a greasy spot on the ground.

If confusing UFO sightings with mysticism is a major part of the op Hunt for the Skinwalker's content is a perfect fit.

So the skinwalkers liked Mars Attacks cards?

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wheeee posted:

greenwald, across social media and reddit, strikes me as sincere but dumb, and yes he tried to have a beef with lue and davis

whoa history channel did some stupid poo poo to up the drama on one of their pseudo-documentary series?!? imma faint with shock

UFOs buried the oak island treasure

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Rah! posted:

the compelling power of reddit

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Lue hosed up/got played and made some weird claims with Delonge is the big take away. I'm curious what he has to say to it, I imagine he'll respond.

Everything delonge is credited as saying comes across as half understood, half overheard, simplified for simpletons and regurgitated by the mind of a child

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

tom delonge is the perfect counterintelligence asset, you can feed him bullshit and he’ll uncritically regurgitate it as truth and you can feed him deep truths and he’ll do the same and in either case pretty much everyone will write it off because he’s a simple manchild

but then you let it be known that legit people have actually talked to him in the past and now everyone trying to figure out what the gently caress is actually real

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Wheeee posted:

tom delonge is the perfect counterintelligence asset, you can feed him bullshit and he’ll uncritically regurgitate it as truth and you can feed him deep truths and he’ll do the same and in either case pretty much everyone will write it off because he’s a simple manchild

but then you let it be known that legit people have actually talked to him in the past and now everyone trying to figure out what the gently caress is actually real

Nobody likes you when you're twenty-aitee.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Log082 posted:

UFOs buried the oak island treasure

Corliss book got a great illustration of oak island pit

is it possible that this is where the bodies from Roswell are buried?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I dunno, but the Lagina brothers are getting closer and closer to finding out! The Curse Of Oak Island is a Good Show if you like big machines and science

The Secret Of Skinwalker Ranch was not a good show, but I will watch it if it comes back

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

oak island gonna turn out to be like those guys who build stonehenge in their backyard and poo poo, some crazy guy with money creating an engineering marvel just because

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Lue lied peanutties died

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

mycomancy posted:

Whew lad there is a BUNCH of 1980s science in that link!

I think a lot of is still relevant seeming and the bit I find most interesting is that all the questions about the great silence line up with the possibility that the universe is inhabited by a ubiquitous all consuming drone swarm that snuffs out intelligent life as soon as it is aware of it - so we never see vehicles or receive signals because anyone capable of producing them is either hiding or gone and the universe thus appears empty

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Maybe John Greenwald is right, but it's funny that he got mad at Davis for allegedly spreading bullshit (and Lue for defending him)...and then writes an article that basically says:

"this random reddit post about lue is true and the OP even talked to me personally, and actually it happened years ago, but you will just have to take my word for it"

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
gently caress it hollow earth is true now. nothing matters and god is gay

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i was thinking of the climate hell thread cause sometimes kurzgesagt shows up in my recommendations and the last time i saw them they were perilously optimistic

dunno if it was posted here but i just now saw they have a vid about the galactic dark forest and lold thinking maybe basically we're going to go extinct without anyone having ever known we were a thing

or what if we go extinct and somehow, against all odds, that was actually it and we were the only ones to get this far and we totally botched it lmao

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

glenn thread is consuming the forums...soon all threads will be talking about greenwalds

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Jazerus posted:

glenn thread is consuming the forums...soon all threads will be talking about greenwalds

With luck, we can turn it to Griswolds instead

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

chill out about our p'nutty pals john, all u do is write letters to the government lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

get back to me when u can astral project greenwuss

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

greenwald is scared that lue will lead an army of mental soldiers into the CIA mainframes 2 steal all the bird knowledge

how can u do a FOIA when theres no more info??

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Freedom Of Information Act?

more like

Freedom Of Insane Astral

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i was thinking of the climate hell thread cause sometimes kurzgesagt shows up in my recommendations and the last time i saw them they were perilously optimistic

dunno if it was posted here but i just now saw they have a vid about the galactic dark forest and lold thinking maybe basically we're going to go extinct without anyone having ever known we were a thing

or what if we go extinct and somehow, against all odds, that was actually it and we were the only ones to get this far and we totally botched it lmao

killer von Neuman swarm shows up, does the robot equivalent of looking around awkwardly and clearing their throat because everyone is already dead due to climate change

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

wanna lock the greenwalds in a room together with a hidden camera

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wheeee posted:

wanna brick up the greenwalds in a room together with a cask of amontillado

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Log082 posted:

killer von Neuman swarm shows up, does the robot equivalent of looking around awkwardly and clearing their throat because everyone is already dead due to climate change

we don't have to worry about newman swarms that kill off intelligent species' because we're dumb as gently caress lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

john greenwalds uncle works at the intelligence agent agency he has all the scoops about lue and his astral combat record

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

*susan gough talking through a voice scrambler to john greenwald, telling him how she's an intelligence agent and lue fabricated all of the navy UFO sightings*