Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Judge Tesla posted:

Love to grind out 5000 kills to get a +Ganon damage weapon skill, and I know you can pay money to preview the skill but it costs a loving fortune to do so.

I mean for a lot of them you can just discard entirely based on category/number of kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
My biggest issue with HW is I can never remember what the conditions are for A rank because I play the game once a month, so I always have to go look them up.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

nrook posted:

My biggest issue with HW is I can never remember what the conditions are for A rank because I play the game once a month, so I always have to go look them up.

I can tell you, 1500 KO's and not taking over 100 points of total damage, you can check the damage taken in the pause menu.

For challenge maps its just do whatever it says as well as keeping that damage number low.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.gamereactor.eu/amp/new-nintendo-patent-unveils-more-about-zelda-botw-2-gameplay/

Nothing really amazing here that we didn’t already know, but it looks like aerial combat is going to be cool and hopefully a big part of the game. Apparently you can shoot arrows while falling forwards or backwards.

I also like the drawing where you morph through the bottom of a floating island and end up inside a cave. I’m sure they’ll be puzzles and treasures chests utilizing that.

Zeltik did a good analysis of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsHvG79LNOI

I'm really hoping the time reversal works in the air. I'm picturing Link skydiving and raining down arrows, then reversing his motion and shooting back into the air like Revali's gale.

Can't wait to play this game in December 2023.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

superjew posted:

Oh look, an optimist.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Judge Tesla posted:

I can tell you, 1500 KO's and not taking over 100 points of total damage, you can check the damage taken in the pause menu.

For challenge maps its just do whatever it says as well as keeping that damage number low.

Legends and Definitive increased the damage threshold, IIRC?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

The Golux posted:

Legends and Definitive increased the damage threshold, IIRC?

It's based on the number of hearts you have but I still try to keep the damage taken below 100 to be extra sure.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

superjew posted:

Zeltik did a good analysis of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsHvG79LNOI

I'm really hoping the time reversal works in the air. I'm picturing Link skydiving and raining down arrows, then reversing his motion and shooting back into the air like Revali's gale.

I'm pretty sure I know what's going on with the rewind under the hood based on what's in the patent; It's just documenting the position and rotation of an object over a span of time, and when you hit rewind it just interpolates the object back along those points like a path (ie; it's telling the object to return to the most recent saved position, then the one before than, then the previous one, etc, etc). You can force a momentum value on-collision, or just treat it as a moving object at whatever speed it travels between those points, and you've got your reversed wrecking ball smashing its way back up a hill.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
this is cool and all but I wanna know what's up with Link's flamethrower

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

https://twitter.com/thomascarlile/status/1472368259382931456?s=21

Saw a moose fall to its death yesterday. :rip:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

New Skyrim crossover DLC lookin good

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol at the meat freezing before pickup. Drives me nuts too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://i.imgur.com/OVisQjW.mp4
Cliffs are the best hunting weapon

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Today my son found out and taught me that if you shoot a hinox in the eye with a bomb arrow it incapacitates them for like a full three seconds.

Oh then I found out for myself that you can't use bomb arrows near Death Mountain at all. They kept exploding in my bow and it took three times for me to understand what was happening.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Today my son found out and taught me that if you shoot a hinox in the eye with a bomb arrow it incapacitates them for like a full three seconds.

Oh then I found out for myself that you can't use bomb arrows near Death Mountain at all. They kept exploding in my bow and it took three times for me to understand what was happening.

"Oh right the whole air-on-fire thing"

(same thing happened to me against one of the igneo taluses)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Oh I also beat a golden lynel in front of my kids while they danced to Speed Me Up (Sonic OST, natch) on repeat. I even parried him for the kill shot.

But on my first try I definitely got him down to like 20hp before launching a bomb arrow at him from far too close and merced myself.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://i.imgur.com/OVisQjW.mp4
Cliffs are the best hunting weapon

Yeah but I don't want to know you if you didn't immediately kill Link by climbing off a cliff from the great plateau.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The first time I played BOTW it was on my sister in law's switch and I was just trying whatever and kept dying over and over and she laughed at me the entire time.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The Golux posted:

"Oh right the whole air-on-fire thing"

(same thing happened to me against one of the igneo taluses)

It's a good thing Link's inventory is all in stasis and/or in a localized subspace now that I think of it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm pretty sure I know what's going on with the rewind under the hood based on what's in the patent; It's just documenting the position and rotation of an object over a span of time, and when you hit rewind it just interpolates the object back along those points like a path (ie; it's telling the object to return to the most recent saved position, then the one before than, then the previous one, etc, etc). You can force a momentum value on-collision, or just treat it as a moving object at whatever speed it travels between those points, and you've got your reversed wrecking ball smashing its way back up a hill.

Linx The Time Sweeper

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

During Trials of the Sword I realized that you can stasis a hinox for just long enough to stun them with a follow-up arrow, that made things quite a bit easier

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bonayjPX5Ck

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

So after a long time mulling it over I started a brand new run but on Master Mode, my first instinct was to just run to Hyrule Castle to scavenge for some royal guard weapons and I happened to stumble into Majora's Mask on the way, I wasn't even looking for it but I just poked around some ruins on the way from running from Guardians and there it was.

Even with the mask I still died a lot in the castle because I had 4 hearts and the default stamina so I was being blasted by Guardian Turrets due to my lack of Revali's Gale or any real climbing abilities, I ended up walking away with the Hylian Shield and a number of Royal weapons, plus the Royal Guard DLC set, so it was worth the hellish nightmare.

As an aside, I don't quite understand what the deal is with the floating Octoroc platforms, it's kind of surreal just seeing a load of platforms with a Bokoblin on them like 50 feet in the sky above.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Judge Tesla posted:

As an aside, I don't quite understand what the deal is with the floating Octoroc platforms, it's kind of surreal just seeing a load of platforms with a Bokoblin on them like 50 feet in the sky above.

They're in gliding reach from Sheikah Towers.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I confess I have no idea why people find the zelda music so compelling. It's better than most video game music, but eh.

Anyway I love those floating platforms because you can often swipe arrows/weapons there and the bokoblins on them are poo poo at actually being a threat.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Loucks posted:

I confess I have no idea why people find the zelda music so compelling. It's better than most video game music, but eh.

Anyway I love those floating platforms because you can often swipe arrows/weapons there and the bokoblins on them are poo poo at actually being a threat.

Because it loving owns!

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I'm not saying "HOW DARE YOU LIKE THING??" just "I don't get it."

Keep enjoying your video game music. It's cool. I'm just here for the monster slaughter and puzzle solving.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Loucks posted:

I confess I have no idea why people find the zelda music so compelling. It's better than most video game music,

what the ffuck

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Loucks posted:

Keep enjoying your video game music. It's cool. I'm just here for the monster slaughter and puzzle solving.

I've always had to scratch my head at who play games on mute and have their own music/podcast playing over it, not that you are at all saying you do this, but to me, the music is part of the game and to shut it off or ignore it just feels wrong.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Loucks posted:

:mods:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Judge Tesla posted:

I've always had to scratch my head at who play games on mute and have their own music/podcast playing over it, not that you are at all saying you do this, but to me, the music is part of the game and to shut it off or ignore it just feels wrong.

Yeah, I'm listening to podcasts or something 90% of the time while I'm gaming, but I'll always have the game audio on too. Muting it just seems wrong.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Loucks posted:

:murder:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

What kind of video game music do you find compelling, or is there any at all? What kind of music do you enjoy in general?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Loucks posted:

I recently discovered that if you put an octoballoon right in the middle of one it will float higher in the air.

I imagine you can also sail them with a korok leaf?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Loucks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpge9BoDOwY

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Judge Tesla posted:

Oh I 100% listen to it and like it, but I just have no interest in listening to it outside of that context. It’s nice and better than average video game music, it’s just not that amazing to me.

Winifred Madgers posted:

What kind of video game music do you find compelling, or is there any at all? What kind of music do you enjoy in general?

I like a lot of music but have never found a video game with music I want to listen to unless I’m playing that game.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I recently discovered that if you put an octoballoon right in the middle of one it will float higher in the air.

I imagine you can also sail them with a korok leaf?

Well I know what I’m trying tonight. Never actually mastered the double mine car flying machine, so that sounds like fun assuming it works.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Loucks posted:

I like a lot of music but have never found a video game with music I want to listen to unless I’m playing that game.

When people are being extremely loud and distracting at my job while I'm actually trying to concentrate instead of shitpost, I put on the BGM from SimCity SNES and it's very soothing (not the capital or metropolis themes those are too intense)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Loucks posted:

You state "video game music" like it's something completely different to any other type of music. If you like music you like music.

So what music do you like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Loucks posted:

May I introduce you to the lightning-in-a-bottle that was Mario Galaxy’s soundtrack