Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/bba3f0b1f5c8d2708d7a126957ad76fb30c4eb71

Patch notes! Getcha patch notes here!

There are some adjustments to the 83 solo duty, so maybe a bit of spoil there.

Pouring one out for Beet Soups

In memoriam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

But not Scorch?! :argh:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

No! How could they do this!? I would brave an erupting volcano for those grapes!

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
A question about the MSQ ...

Zone 5 spoilers

In the Crystal Tower on the First, Elidibus says he remembers seeing us in Elpis, or something similar. He wasn't Hermes, Venat, Emet, or Hythlo so how does he remember this? Did I miss him in a side quest or did something else slip by me?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MillennialVulcan posted:

Zone 5 spoilers

In the Crystal Tower on the First, Elidibus says he remembers seeing us in Elpis, or something similar. He wasn't Hermes, Venat, Emet, or Hythlo so how does he remember this? Did I miss him in a side quest or did something else slip by me?

Nothing slipped by you. There's speculation about how this may be resolved but right now it's a hanging thread.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Thank you!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

MillennialVulcan posted:

Zone 5 spoilers

Nope!

He's not there, so it's a lingering mystery how he remembered us. Presumably it will be addressed somewhere in the patch content!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

MillennialVulcan posted:

Zone 5 spoilers

Do you think he was talking about you, the WoL, or you, the unsundered Ancient? I don't think there's an answer atm

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

...huh, just realized, Pandemonium gear should be 580 ilevel, right? Doesn't that mean it's better to focus on left side since you can farm 580 accs on EX trial?

(I mean, there's probably some that have better substats than EX and ultimately it doesn't matter for casual play, but just wondering in order to max my ilevel for future gatekeeping)

For Pandaemonium gearing what you want will kind of varies. You're gonna have a mixture of choices for ilv 580 w/ 2/3 weeks of normal raid tokens + primal accessories + i580 crafted gear. Generally substats won't make or break progression but it can make your GCD timings terrible.

For raw stats all crafted + overmelds can't be beaten.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Gamers will remember The Great Grape Massacre of Christmas 2021.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pandaemonium needs 565? Boo, instead of going all in on one I focused on getting three jobs above 560.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

MillennialVulcan posted:

Zone 5 spoilers

6.0 ending
In the post-credits scene I think that’s very obviously him musing about Pandaemonium. Presumably we’ll meet him there and he’ll be part of the raid story.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I love those grapes :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

rest in peace, kings

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kerrzhe posted:

rest in peace, kings

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Geez yeah 565 already? I had to break for over a week after finishing the story, I've barely even started collecting tomestones.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kerrzhe posted:

rest in peace, kings

Remember us... remember that we once polygonned...

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

rest in peace, kings

Remember us...remember that we once leafed.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah jeez, I just finished the msq and did 2 dungeons and one exdr, guess it'll be a bit before I can start the raids. Got the tome weapon at least

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I haven't even been able to play consistently enough to finish the MSQ yet :/ Oh well, raid's not going anywhere.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's not a numbers/balance change but since it'd come up earlier there's this bit in the "Resolved Issues" section

quote:

An issue when playing as ninja wherein execution of Hollow Nozuichi caused the status effects Forked Raiju Ready and Fleeting Raiju Ready to expire.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Ojetor posted:

What's the best option for turning poetics into gil nowadays? I keep hitting the cap, I have literally all the armors and don't want to clutter my weapon armory slot if I can avoid it.

The best thing I find for converting poes to cash is going to Idyllshire, buying as much goblinol as I can, then going to Doma (fully restored with 200% turn in bonus) and donating it there. It's not quite demimateria levels (and you cap out at 40k gil/week) but goblinol (or any of the old shire upgrade items) seem to have the best poe to gil ratio I could find.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I feel like dungeon XP getting a buff is worth some attention.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I thought dungeons were pretty fast already. I was doing a level in like 3.5 dungeons.

Wonder what it would go to now.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I thought dungeons were pretty fast already. I was doing a level in like 3.5 dungeons.

Wonder what it would go to now.

I think in Shadowbringers it was three exactly, I'd guess they're tuning it up a little to reach that.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Rand Brittain posted:

I feel like dungeon XP getting a buff is worth some attention.
One of the notes in the dev letters that have come out over the last week is that players can get level gated in EW if they are only doing MSQ. This looks like their solution to that issue, and it benefits everyone rather than adding experience to the actual quests.

We'll see if it makes running dungeons the preferred method to level 81+ because doing Bozja/Zadnor and FATEs (while they're heavily populated, at least) seem to be better options at the moment.

edit: \/ Buffing things to be good is better than nerfing things to be less-good imo

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 21, 2021

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I’m more surprised at the lack of nerfs for bozja exp.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Draxion posted:

I think in Shadowbringers it was three exactly, I'd guess they're tuning it up a little to reach that.

Yeah, this tracks. I power leveled sage with a 70 warrior friend through dungeons, and it was about 3 in ShB.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Filthy Haiku posted:

Why would they nerf it? it's been like that for a year now.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Filthy Haiku posted:

I would imagine they will nerf it for 80+ once there is an 80+ equivalent. Same for Pixies.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Failboattootoot posted:

Why would they nerf it? it's been like that for a year now.
The weird thing about Bozja/Zadnor is that it is still good for leveling 80-90 rather than capping exp gain to level 71-80 rates, the way PotD caps exp gain at level 60 rates and HoH caps exp gain at level 70 rates.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Also gently caress, I probably should have been working on tomestones to gear up for Pandaemonium instead of giving other people space to play
Same. :negative:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I spent my last few hours on the server camping for one of the special fates that never showed up...

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Zenos It's bullshit that at some point in the fight there wasn't a cutscene where you both drop your weapons and then pass them back to each other like the end of Cowboy Bebop. They nearly went peak anime and they screwed it up.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I spent my last few hours on the server camping for one of the special fates that never showed up...

The amount of people camping Chi makes me scared.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm about 10 ilevels short, time to grind

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

:same:

I've already got 1 gold-rank kill, I just wanted the second so I can be done with it.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

rest in peace, kings

The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Me, at the start of Endwalker: gently caress you, Zenos, you piece of poo poo.

Me, at the middle of Endwalker: gently caress you, Zenos, you piece of poo poo.

Me, at the end of Endwalker: That I cannot deny.

:hmmyes:

My headcanon line was It's true, I can't deny that I love to make number go up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Diabetic posted:

I'm looking to try again I made a Lalafell on Excalibur, I want to do Gunbreaker, but I never see anyone really saying anything about it, what's the consensus on it?

you already got a couple answers but i always love an excuse to talk about gunbreaker

source: it's my favorite class, i've raided all current savage and ultimate content on it since it came out

extremely imo but a person's enjoyment of gnb is going to come down to how much they tolerate Continuation. it's a bit divisive. some people would describe it as clunky, and busies up a role that ideally wants a lot of free weave slots to deal with positioning and defensives. personally i describe it as the single ability that made me better at the game. i enjoyed maximizing my dps on gnb, and to do that this one ability - more than anything else in your kit - really forces you to internalize the script of a fight. you have to know if you have the weave space coming up to use the defensives you need, or if you have to use them early because you're going to be busy with gnashing fang and continuation. sure, drk has edge of shadow, war has upheaval, etc. those ideally want to be pressed during burst windows, but absolute worst case you can push them somewhere else and lose a-little-but-not-all of its potential. continuation? if you don't spend it, it's gone entirely. it's a really distinct feel, and i love the class for it. it is very much a class worth playing if you ever want to push yourself to get better at the game. or if you just want to rip and tear and see explosions. you don't have to care about optimization, lol

that is how i felt about it in shadowbringers. you wouldn't think it, but the endwalker changes are pretty substantial.

for EW they doubled down (heh) on this. you can store an extra cartridge, bloodfest gives you 3 instead of 2, and burst strike now also has a continuation followup. what other people may charitably have called "busy" before is honestly now A Lot. i am absolutely not complaining about this. i'm already extremely attached to hypervelocity, and when i get synced to 80 or below i immediately miss it. but, i cannot lie, gnb feels like its at an absolute breaking point for buttons to press in some burst windows. here's how it looks when bloodfest lines up with no mercy in the middle of a fight:
https://twitter.com/Kaubocks/status/1471675440582389766

i'm having a blast doing it, and i'm weirdly interested in how the class no longer loops like it used to (the class used to have a rigid one-minute loop but now is sort of more on a priority system), but i'm looking ahead to savage and honestly have no idea how stressful it's going to be scripting out defensives like this. i was doing an extreme the other day. my cotank asked me to shirk them. i basically became the living embodiment of this comic.
https://twitter.com/Rheill/status/1462933270904008713

i think it's the most cohesively designed tank. they want this class to be busy as hell and make lots of explosions. i also think it's the most fun tank by a mile. caveat: i don't play paladin. sorry pld fans.
i just think it's also worth mentioning that, depending on your level of interest, it can also be overwhelming lol