Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

https://twitter.com/montsewrites/status/1454552226538663941

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
FB post from a relative regarding his 3 year old:

Amusing additional comment:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I took some kids from the kindergarten to an art gallery and turns out they weren't terribly used to look at so many naked people at once. I really do wonder how it feels like going around, looking at fine art and suddenly hearing a kid loudly exlaiming ""look at that man's pee-pee:byodame:"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

3 year old kids doing a puzzle where you pair jobs with people.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
E: nah

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

at dinner:
:kiddo: (dramatic whisper) a monster is coming...
:v: oh no, it's gonna eat your sausages!
:kiddo: noo, monsters only eat gross stuff. like mud

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
4yo niece, on the couch:

:buddy: I'm wearing underwear!

Reclines and spreads knees while pulling up skirt of dress in the classic 'pingpong ball' position, and thumps her palm soundly a few times on the girl parts position with a very satisfied grin.

Same niece: Was playing around miscounting, when she pauses it and says

:o:'Now let's count properly.'

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
My daughter has been singing the words to jingle bell rock to the tune of regular jingle bells and it messes with my head every single time

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Jaxts posted:

My daughter has been singing the words to jingle bell rock to the tune of regular jingle bells and it messes with my head every single time

Jingle Bell
Jingle Bell
Jingle Be-el rock?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Beachcomber posted:

Jingle Bell
Jingle Bell
Jingle Be-el rock?

Trying to go further than this felt immediately uncomfortable.

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
Yeah it just feels wrong.

And of course I made the mistake of showing that I didn't like it, so it became her game for the day.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

burial posted:

Trying to go further than this felt immediately uncomfortable.

I just tried doing it in my head and couldn't get past "snowing and blowing and bushels of fun".

I got my fiance to try it aloud and she made all the way through the first verses and I hate it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

:3: Writing the diary's responses in quotes, extremely good

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Teketeketeketeke posted:

That's hilarious! Would love to see it (but can understand if you're neither willing nor able)

I finally remembered to get a picture of it while visiting them over the holidays.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Tea Bone posted:

I just tried doing it in my head and couldn't get past "snowing and blowing and bushels of fun".

I got my fiance to try it aloud and she made all the way through the first verses and I hate it.

I am equal parts impressed, curious, and revolted.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

ThingOne posted:

I finally remembered to get a picture of it while visiting them over the holidays.

That's a great shot!
Thanks for following up on my request from... August (?!)

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Teketeketeketeke posted:

That's a great shot!
Thanks for following up on my request from... August (?!)

of 2020

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

:buddy: I'm wearing underwear!

I love-hate it when kids get into their “I’m wearing underwear” phase. They’ll blurt it out first thing when they see you because they’re so proud about being big kids and it’s freakin adorable! But then they also want to show you their undies and suddenly there’s a kid pulling off their clothing and happily flashing everyone while I try to stop them and give them the “yes I’m proud of you and yes your underwear is cool but it’s also kind of a private thing and in school you should only undress in the bathroom” speech.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Last night I was taking the kids and myself for corona testing. They'd been sent home from school due to possible flue symptoms and a coworker of mine had gotten a positive test after he got back from visiting family in Bosnia over the christmas.

Anyway once we got to the city I decided to fill up on gas because it was very low and after that one of the twins just vomited all over himself in the back seat... Had to get his winter clothes off and try and clean up the backseat as well as possible.

The other twin asked (in swedish) "What's that smell?"
I say (in swedish)"It's vomit!"
He exclaims (in english) "Smells like freedom!"

No corona test was taken that evening.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

His Divine Shadow posted:

Last night I was taking the kids and myself for corona testing. They'd been sent home from school due to possible flue symptoms and a coworker of mine had gotten a positive test after he got back from visiting family in Bosnia over the christmas.

Anyway once we got to the city I decided to fill up on gas because it was very low and after that one of the twins just vomited all over himself in the back seat... Had to get his winter clothes off and try and clean up the backseat as well as possible.

The other twin asked (in swedish) "What's that smell?"
I say (in swedish)"It's vomit!"
He exclaims (in english) "Smells like freedom!"

No corona test was taken that evening.

Ah, I see your twins appreciate the true message of a bottle of Kosken. Well that or modern american stalinism, but let's hope for the best

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So the kids at the kindergarten are completely obsessed with this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuM2lDRbplM
It has gotten to the point where one of my colleagues are seriously considering a ban on playing the song. Luckily the kids have already found a new song to obsess over:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wE3hDN06Qg

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

3yr nephew: i made dinner (playdough), can we heat it up in the michaelbullymachine?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
my son is about to be 9 months old, and isn't talking yet, but his incidental responses are sometimes amazing

Someone got us one of those talking toys where you can input the child's name, favorite food, etc for "interactive" activities.

Toy: Can you think of something... green?
Baby: *stares calmly*
Toy: I'm thinking of grass! Green! I like to play on the grass!
Baby: Okay

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
My son, to an entire waiting room full of people at the doctor's office today:

"When I turn 18, I want my Dad to get a job!"

I'm a stay at home Dad because all 3 of my kids have various special needs. Thanks, kiddo.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Setting: in the car. The radio is on. "Ironic" by Alanis Morrisette plays.

Me, singing "An old man...turned 98..."

My son: "I read about this song in a book!"

Me: (immediately turns into dust and blows away in the wind)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

And yet, my 14 year old was at an Olivia Rodrigo concert with presumably other teens, and the crowd went nuts when Avril, a contemporary of that album, came on stage as a surprise.

Kids, I tell ya.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

poo poo i hope you guys were parked

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

What book? Like, in terms of children's book topics...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/Nc9APl6.gifv

Unmute.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

What book? Like, in terms of children's book topics...

"I is for Irony like the old Alanis Morisette song"

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
I teach in Japan (not just English, but an English-immersive curriculum) and today we were writing letters of thanks to a guest speaker we had, who came to teach us about the different systems of the body, and this is what one of my students managed to come up with:

"Dear Dr [name]

My name is [full name]. 9 years old. I like to read and draw. Do you like to read and draw? I am concerned about very small substances in my body. The inside of the body is very complicated. It is very complicated and I want to know more."

I love it. The combination of her own early stages grasp of English (she only joined our school last year with basically no English) and the bits that are clearly translated from online is just delightful to me.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
that's very sweet and I want to skip forward ten years to when that child is a completely stressed out pre-med student

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
"There are so many small substances!!!!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Astrofig posted:

"There are so many small substances!!!!"

love when kids pick up weird multisyllable words

my 3 year old nephew called himself pensionskassedirektør (pension fund manager) the other day. because he had a lot of those lick-on tattoos, which obviously pension fund managers have a lot of.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Kids and language are such fun!

Was on vacation last week and one of the younger kiddos was telling us about his dad's OLD boat - old was definitely not okay.

Then he said his dad was getting a new boat, but when he brought it home the kid found out it was used, so "now we have TWO OLD BOATS!" He was absolutely appalled!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

a mysterious cloak posted:

Kids and language are such fun!

Was on vacation last week and one of the younger kiddos was telling us about his dad's OLD boat - old was definitely not okay.

Then he said his dad was getting a new boat, but when he brought it home the kid found out it was used, so "now we have TWO OLD BOATS!" He was absolutely appalled!

Wait till he finds out he probably lives in a used house.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
My 13mo has a handful of words now, one of which is "cheese" ("tzzzz").

A few days ago, he woke from a very long nap and hopped to the floor, grinning. "Tzzz," he said, pressing his hands together. He then ran into the kitchen, repeating "tzzzz. tzzzz" until he reached the refrigerator and began to smack on it, repeating "tzzz, tzzz, tzzz"

(I gave him some tzzz)

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Not that funny per se, but it gave me :unsmith:

My autistic little one is having deep thoughts while explaining some video game's characters to me:
"She hates violence." (Pauses, thinks) "Actually, 'hate' is violent. So it would be better to say she doesn't like violence."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Dave Syndrome posted:

"She hates violence." (Pauses, thinks) "Actually, 'hate' is violent. So it would be better to say she doesn't like violence."

Lol, I treasure mine realising that for video game characters ... the human players are the bosses.