Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Gabriel Grub has issued a correction as of 05:54 on Dec 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Stringent posted:

i didn't define it as a right wing ethnostate, i asked for a definition repeatedly and no one answered

i just assumed it meant a country composed primarily of a single ethnic identity exclusive to that country with a right wing government

i mean poo poo only reason you cant call south korea one is because north koreas right there its no more a value judgment than just calling them racist

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

crepeface posted:

at first they came for the gamers...
now the anime fans...

https://twitter.com/RSecretary2/status/1472317705164369931?s=20

lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

briefly looked into cross ange because super robot wars made it look kind of interesting but then i saw what the combat outfits looked like from the waist down and went lol nope

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm reminded of reading that some big deal anime company started subtitling "lolicon" as "pedophile" and people flipped their poo poo

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

https://i.imgur.com/os7qA3Q.mp4

crepeface has issued a correction as of 06:58 on Dec 22, 2021

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
loling at them using the one photo with a raised right arm. definitely not trying to imply anything there

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Stringent posted:

great, go to Tokyo and you'll find plenty of non-white people. they're all immigrants.

still trying to come to terms with this guy claiming there aren't any japanese people in tokyo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

filthy migrants coming to my city and taking all the good anime boobs

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/noahbarkin/status/1473246648902070272

noted respecter of human rights, the Kriegsmarine

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

VomitOnLino posted:

I think it's mostly weebs that are under the impression that Japan is "diverse" because they spend the day glaring at each other when they roam Tokyo or Akihabara.
I always love these death-glares, like when you're such a sad loving loser that buying a plane ticket to Japan is your lifes crowning achievement and thus is being devalued/threatened by others being able to do the same. Oh no! Competition.

There's something about this country that it attracts the utmost trash like a loving magnet lowered into a scrap bin.
Perhaps the fact that it's really hard to put up with the constant bombardment of right-wing bullshit, xenophobia and random slights unless you are like cosmically loving dense. If you're dumb enough like me to tell these types about your experiences, they invariably go: "Nuh, uh! never happened to me" (coz your Japanese is poo poo and you don't understand sweet loving gently caress all, or you've never engaged into serious political debate with the locals/your so/colleagues whatever) - meaning your experiences are loving invalid by decree of some thirsty sexpat.

Also since you are very likely to be white, straight and male it means you're still considered trash to most locals here, but you're on the upper end of the rung and thus won't see the worst of it.
Maybe talk to your Indian or Sir-lankan or whatever wrong-shade of brown co-workers if you ever get a chance and listen to their experiences. Just a loving thought.

Thanks for tuning in, I feel better now

You do realize the irony that you're rather getting into the "old-rear end gaijin who thinks every immigrant but him is garbage" stereotype yourself, right.

Which is funny in a way since Stringent himself tends to encroach upon the same territory and if you guys ran across each other in real life you'd probably get along like gangbusters, so it's interesting to see your guys' exchange here.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

the german navy at least serves as a thermometer of how problematic germany wants to become in the future

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

exmarx posted:

still trying to come to terms with this guy claiming there aren't any japanese people in tokyo

oh is that what he meant?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The only Squad I recognize

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
do toll highways exist in China?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol, extremely yes

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

LimburgLimbo posted:

You do realize the irony that you're rather getting into the "old-rear end gaijin who thinks every immigrant but him is garbage" stereotype yourself, right.

Which is funny in a way since Stringent himself tends to encroach upon the same territory and if you guys ran across each other in real life you'd probably get along like gangbusters, so it's interesting to see your guys' exchange here.

That you LiberalTrashLimo, dislike my Japan takes can only tell me that I must be getting something right.
But please feel free to cry into your anime pillow, I don't judge - at least not openly

Edit: Also re-reading your incredible garbage take, ah yeah that's me who thinks all the other immigrants are trash. That's exactly why I'm helping one find a lawyer and paying some of his legal fees.... truly a galaxy brain take. I can see why you get laughed out of this thread every 20 or so pages

VomitOnLino has issued a correction as of 08:09 on Dec 22, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fart simpson posted:

lol, extremely yes

buying a train ticket is a kind of toll road :smugdon:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i can't even recall seeing a highway in china that doesnt have tolls. im hesitant to say they all do because there's probably somewhere that doesnt, but pretty much they all have tolls

some holidays they shut down the toll booths and you can drive toll free and some people decide that's worth sitting in insanely bad traffic for full days

they will even calculate how long it took you to drive from the entry tollbooth to the exit tollbooth and if your average speed is higher than the speed limit, you'll get an automatic speeding ticket

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
seems like a pretty good setup so long as the toll roads are owned/administered by the state

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

fart simpson posted:

they will even calculate how long it took you to drive from the entry tollbooth to the exit tollbooth and if your average speed is higher than the speed limit, you'll get an automatic speeding ticket

That's loving awesome. But the ultimate goal should still be to abolish cars entirely.
Such a horrible, stupid and inefficient means of transportation

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

anything that discourages driving and encourages taking trains or public transit is good imo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

thatfatkid posted:

seems like a pretty good setup so long as the toll roads are owned/administered by the state

i was told that one of the heavily used road tunnels here in shenzhen started off as a privately owned toll road, and the government wanted to buy it but the guy didn't want to sell. so the government built a brand new tunnel right beside the private one and left it toll free and drove the guy out of business.

not sure how true that is exactly, but it's what several people have told me

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

not sure how true that is exactly, but it's what several people have told me

it's telling that I am only considering that this poo poo is true because we're talking about china lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dead gay comedy forums posted:

it's telling that I am only considering that this poo poo is true because we're talking about china lmao

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

dead gay comedy forums posted:

thread title imo

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

almost all highways are toll roads.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

VomitOnLino posted:

I'm helping one find a lawyer and paying some of his legal fees....

lol cherrypicking

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

VomitOnLino posted:

That you LiberalTrashLimo, dislike my Japan takes can only tell me that I must be getting something right.
But please feel free to cry into your anime pillow, I don't judge - at least not openly

Edit: Also re-reading your incredible garbage take, ah yeah that's me who thinks all the other immigrants are trash. That's exactly why I'm helping one find a lawyer and paying some of his legal fees.... truly a galaxy brain take. I can see why you get laughed out of this thread every 20 or so pages

I didn't even say that I disliked it per se haha
But it's very much classic "everyone else but me is a weeb and can't speak Japanese" whinging that you get from some people. At the very least literally none applies to Stringent in any way and displays how bad your read it. Stringent is an rear end in a top hat in a number of ways but none of them have anything to do with being a rose-colored-glasses weeb.

Also the thing about thinking that you're getting death-stared by every gaijin you come across is just lol

Doesn't really mean much that you're helping some dude (That's very cool and I hope it works out for them, but it'd not really applicable toward your attitude) vs apparently going into a frothing rage directed generally at immigrants because they're not the king poo poo of gaijin pile like you I guess.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

LimburgLimbo posted:

I didn't even say that I disliked it per se haha
But it's very much classic "everyone else but me is a weeb and can't speak Japanese" whinging that you get from some people. At the very least literally none applies to Stringent in any way and displays how bad your read it. Stringent is an rear end in a top hat in a number of ways but none of them have anything to do with being a rose-colored-glasses weeb.

Also the thing about thinking that you're getting death-stared by every gaijin you come across is just lol

Doesn't really mean much that you're helping some dude (That's very cool and I hope it works out for them, but it'd not really applicable toward your attitude) vs apparently going into a frothing rage directed generally at immigrants because they're not the king poo poo of gaijin pile like you I guess.

Against my better judgement I'm gonna engage and say this:

No I do not mean every immigrant, the ones that behave idiotically in my presence just happen to be overwhelmingly white and most (but not all) are male.
So, I am unsure where you go from me reporting on this fact in a frustrated sarcastic tone to be me being "king poo poo of gaijin pile".

For the record I dislike local the local brand of idiots reacting in a visibly negative fashion to my presence just as much.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

i can't even recall seeing a highway in china that doesnt have tolls. im hesitant to say they all do because there's probably somewhere that doesnt, but pretty much they all have tolls

some holidays they shut down the toll booths and you can drive toll free and some people decide that's worth sitting in insanely bad traffic for full days

How do those work? You scan some QR code? Here in central Europe you usually have to buy a usage certificate for some period and paste it to the window and that's it. I was pretty stunned the first time I saw an actual toll booth in Japan, completely with stopping the car and paying in cash.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

genericnick posted:

How do those work? You scan some QR code? Here in central Europe you usually have to buy a usage certificate for some period and paste it to the window and that's it. I was pretty stunned the first time I saw an actual toll booth in Japan, completely with stopping the car and paying in cash.

It could be RF like it is in Japan as well. You install some sort of ETC transponder into your car and then it pays the tolls automatically as you just drive through some sort of gate.
It actually tells you in a lovely computer voice how much you owe. I believe they incentivize installing these transponders into your car by the rate being slightly cheaper. I may be misremembering.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

they got a lot of cameras and good license plate reading tech.

map apps like baidu straight up warn you where cameras are on highways if you use them for navigation so you can slow down. theyre so good that in Shanghai, where it's against the law to beep ur horn in the city, they will somehow know you did it and fine you. idk how it works but i know i was shocked the other day when i heard a car horn for the first time in months and thought "man that dudes gettin a ticket".

e: you can get thingies that auto-pay tolls but only cabs/trucks/etc have those cuz normies aren't driving on toll roads too much. toll roads in china are p much exclusively the highways between cities or expressways to airports/etc. the actual roads in the city and usually highways within cities are all free. shanghai has a zillion elevated highways in the city but the only ones with a toll are the expressways to the airports afaik (i never drive to the burbs i am probably very wrong on this)

Ailumao has issued a correction as of 10:04 on Dec 22, 2021

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Ailumao posted:

map apps like baidu straight up warn you where cameras are on highways if you use them for navigation so you can slow down. theyre so good that in Shanghai, where it's against the law to beep ur horn in the city, they will somehow know you did it and fine you. idk how it works but i know i was shocked the other day when i heard a car horn for the first time in months and thought "man that dudes gettin a ticket".

lol that's awesome

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

VomitOnLino posted:

Against my better judgement I'm gonna engage and say this:

No I do not mean every immigrant, the ones that behave idiotically in my presence just happen to be overwhelmingly white and most (but not all) are male.
So, I am unsure where you go from me reporting on this fact in a frustrated sarcastic tone to be me being "king poo poo of gaijin pile".

For the record I dislike local the local brand of idiots reacting in a visibly negative fashion to my presence just as much.

But do you realize that if I interpret every word you wrote in the most negative and least charitable manner possible then you actually come out looking quite poorly. So what do you have to say to that, huh?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Ailumao posted:

this is just crazy how do they fund the police departments without trying to trick people into breaking the law so they have to pay fines

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Some Guy TT posted:

this is just crazy how do they fund the police departments without trying to trick people into breaking the law so they have to pay fines

Making influencer tax cheats pay up certainly helps in that regard.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

yeah shanghai especially is a nightmare for minor traffic infractions. theyre basically all automatic now too so cops aren't even stopping you, it just gets pinged in this app thats specially designed to track your traffic issues. all my friends who drive get annoyed cuz they just get pinged they owe 50~300¥ for speeding/running a stop sign/whatever.

cars as a whole while popular are still only owned by a minority of people, and the gov keeps making laws to discourage it.

shanghai's weird where they made the fee to get a license plate (once you win the lottery to buy one) 100k renminbi. that is almost 16k usd. this is like 90x what it is in most cities.

the caveat is if you buy an electric car that fee is mostly waived and you only pay a small admin fee. as a result, teslas are super loving common in shanghai cuz electric cars are actually weirdly subsidized by this rule and teslas are weirdly cheaper in china than out of china anyway. there are other electric brands as well obv but man i feel like every other car is a tesla here.

Some Guy TT posted:

idk about other cities but shanghai is going hard on ebikes and bikes lately, cuz they mostly escape these automated systems. earlier this year shanghai made a rule you need to wear a helmet on an ebike or scooter (not normal bikes tho) and man cops were having a field day pulling everyone over. unfortunately that just lead to everyone wearing helmets.

they also now have cops at certain T intersections bikes usually blaze through red lights on where they aren''t actually crossing a street and just going along the sidewalk. there's one specific one i go home by every day where they're just after the intersection behind a bush, so theyre v well hidden.

its funny how half the people know its a trap now and stop and try to warn people not to go, but then some rear end in a top hat goes and when the light turns green you see them getting fined a cool 100¥.

Ailumao has issued a correction as of 10:14 on Dec 22, 2021

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Lyndon LaRouche posted:

Making influencer tax cheats pay up certainly helps in that regard.

I think you mean a Chinese boot stamping freedom of expression in the face, forever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Some Guy TT posted:

oh the things you can do without a murderous grift class in charge