Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Who needs ink when you can use swamp vomit.

At least I presume it is swamp vomit, I've lost attention in what's going on. Mainly I'm annoyed that this is stringing out a magic reveal over a week when it could be over and done in a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
wait is that an edit?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

take ink ink

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Lol if Snout's copy-pasted "breakthrough" wasn't about understanding the dream realm stuff, but about passing the chandak's test so that she'd reward him with the next nugget of magical knowledge.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Literally everybody knows her name is Ink Witch.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Everybody is so credulous and so profoundly incurious that when swamp spunk dripping off Snout's journal starts randomly giving them instructions their only instinct is to blindly follow them.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Trapezium Dave posted:

Who needs ink when you can use swamp vomit.

At least I presume it is swamp vomit, I've lost attention in what's going on. Mainly I'm annoyed that this is stringing out a magic reveal over a week when it could be over and done in a day.
Also, lol that Mookie can't be assed to draw a new pose to visually differentiate between "quietly reading a history book in the public library" and "reacting to magical substance dripping out of the book I'm reading".

Like the only difference between those two things is how open your mouth is, right?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
She's going to ink-drip those loving three same symbols again, is she? And then everybody will be all shocked because that means whatever.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Ink ahead
Therefore, try ink

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
The Dark Souls of webcomics.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

SubG posted:

Also, lol that Mookie can't be assed to draw a new pose to visually differentiate between "quietly reading a history book in the public library" and "reacting to magical substance dripping out of the book I'm reading".

He wasn't even reading this, he was writing. It's his diary, the puke magic interrupted him telling us he is a food enjoyer.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Wow it's like Mookie is TRYING to find the most boring way to progress the plot. There's so many questions I have about this contrived situation but none of them really matter or will make it any better.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I figure it's either the next thing to find/place to go, or Mookie's thought of something for the chandak to say to Ink Witch.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
It's like the world's crappiest scavenger hunt

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Lool at snout just noticing the next page in his journal (which must loving reek) is much darker, soaked in swamp spunk and dripping magical ink, then I guess holding the page above her arm?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Ink witch. Ink drip. Crash the whip. Bong rip.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

The Dark Souls of webcomics.

Woman ahead, therefore try hole

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
I thought they'd found the Asininepath book already but it was full of mystical gobbledygook that nobody could understand? Or was that something else? I keep losing track of this comic's non-plot-points.

Drakyn posted:

Not sure what this means but I had to do it, sorry.

Checks out, he's almost as horrifying as those things in the Cats movie.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

ScienceSeagull posted:

I thought they'd found the Asininepath book already but it was full of mystical gobbledygook that nobody could understand? Or was that something else? I keep losing track of this comic's non-plot-points.

I think it's the bog hag instructing the ink witch to dribble the dripping diary's mixture of bodily fluids and swamp goop over the special dream book to reveal the next hidden plot coupon. By our foul powers combined, here is, step by step instructions for the next insipid scene!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

See ink witch
Ink witch ink.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Mookie confirmed a cliffhanger at the end of the week.

How do you have a cliffhanger when there has been literally no tension or even coherent plot development?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Nighthand posted:

I think it's the bog hag instructing the ink witch to dribble the dripping diary's mixture of bodily fluids and swamp goop over the special dream book to reveal the next hidden plot coupon.

The ink flares and erases the book completely, Snout & co having completed the equivalent of taking a USB stick that a sketchy guy gave you and plugging it into your computer.

Bog lady shimmers as the illusion dispells in order to reveal Redactor.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Nighthand posted:

I think it's the bog hag instructing the ink witch to dribble the dripping diary's mixture of bodily fluids and swamp goop over the special dream book to reveal the next hidden plot coupon. By our foul powers combined, here is, step by step instructions for the next insipid scene!

:five:

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Breetai posted:

The ink flares and erases the book completely, Snout & co having completed the equivalent of taking a USB stick that a sketchy guy gave you and plugging it into your computer.

Bog lady shimmers as the illusion dispells in order to reveal Redactor.

I'm just thinking about all the ways that this would be absurd, and it's starting to make me feel like it could happen.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Billy Gnosis posted:

How do you have a cliffhanger when there has been literally no tension or even coherent plot development?

She’s gonna do an ink drip but we won’t see what’s on the paper until Monday. Then it’ll be the same poo poo again.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Billy Gnosis posted:

Mookie doesn't know what a cliffhanger is.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Emrikol posted:

Mookie doesn't know what a cliffhanger is.
OR DOES HE

...RESULTS INCONCLUSIVE.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I was going to say this is stupid, why would he write a book and dedicate it to Luna and then have the dedication/authorship hidden, but I'm going to guess that it's actually the work of the Redactor. Which is still stupid, but at least less so.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'm not sure I've ever seen a single book where the dedication is before the title page.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lol this is literally the only page in like 2 chapters that advanced the plot

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
invisible ink and lemon juice magic in the Skyrim puzzle equivalent of an esoteric text

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
loving both of these reveals we already knew. How do you get this terrible at your craft.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

TheHan posted:

loving both of these reveals we already knew. How do you get this terrible at your craft.

And does it really change anything for Snout and the gang? That's kind of a requirement to at least be in the ballpark of a cliffhanger

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm glad the characters finally have some basic information that the readers have known since the start of the comic.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
How the gently caress is it not general knowledge who wrote this book? How is the only possible way to find out who the author of this book is to combine swamp goop and ink magic? Is that just a normal thing? Hey, let's go back to Maltak and drip ink-goop all over every book, maybe we'll learn who "J. Deegan" is too!

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

He draws fingers like aloe fronds.

I sometimes got wistful that Dominic Deegan was over, and so we were done, but now I'm not so sure.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was going to say this is stupid, why would he write a book and dedicate it to Luna and then have the dedication/authorship hidden, but I'm going to guess that it's actually the work of the Redactor. Which is still stupid, but at least less so.

That would make sense, but I'm leaning on the side of "mookie thought this would be a good reveal to the characters so it would've been hidden without trying to make sense of it".

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

DELETED REDACTED SCENE

Eraser Witch: Now I'll ~*redact*~ the dedication and byline.
Mullet Guy: Uh...why not just blank out the whole book? Or we could just burn it or, I dunno, take it or something.
Eraser Witch: I'm the REDACTOR. I REDACT things. So I'll just blank out these two bits.
Mullet Guy: But why would they care that she's his...
Eraser Witch: I REDACT THINGS!
[Eraser Witch applies magic whiteout to parts of two pages, carefully replaces book on the shelf in the sex shop]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I'm so glad we spent these last few months getting Snout to wonder how Luna was connected to Dominic so that the answer could be magically bestowed upon him within two pages by the person who got him to think about it in the first place.

I'm amazed and dismayed by Mookie's absolute commitment to making sure that his protagonists never accomplish anything by their own devices.

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 24, 2021