Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Zil posted:

Same here, currently waiting to find out if my cold is just that or covid. Refreshing the doctors website like every 10 minutes.

If you missed it, while it wont help here, yesterday Biden said he's making a website where everyone can request free home test kits! Make sure to get one to have on hand for next time when they become free.

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Prof. Crocodile posted:

hi everyone. sorry I haven’t been posting much recently, but someone just started a tamarind megathread in gbs, and I expect this be the forum’s preeminent chat thread from now on, so I’ve been spending a lot of time there.

just to be clear, I’m not talking about the megathread for posting about tamarins (the monkeys), but rather the megathread for talking about tamarinds (the fruits).

although the tamarin megathread is also pretty dang good.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

How Wonderful! posted:

Vermont has really mild food and Vermonters like really mild food. I'd gotten used to it. I'll put "extra spicy please" on my delivery notes at Indian places and it'll still be pretty mild and a lot of stuff tops out at like... buffalo sauce levels. Well tonight I got some veggie wings from the one place that does good seitan around here and I chose the hottest sauce, and you know what, this actually doesn't gently caress around. I'm like bright red and weeping and I'm so happy.

I think something like Frank's is minimum level that should be allowed for mild. My toddler is just getting introduced to spicy, he's always got a cup of milk so he's fine but I gotta remind him to take a drink every now and then. I got tired of having to go weak on food I make for myself kuz he always wants to eat my food for me. So now he gets alil spice, I gotta keep him away from the jalapeno carrots that this place throws into every order because those are too much for him. I'm glad ya found something to burn your facehole. Now I wanna go get some ethiopian and have them put some extra heat on it.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
cruft

pixaal

nesamdoom posted:

I think something like Frank's is minimum level that should be allowed for mild. My toddler is just getting introduced to spicy, he's always got a cup of milk so he's fine but I gotta remind him to take a drink every now and then. I got tired of having to go weak on food I make for myself kuz he always wants to eat my food for me. So now he gets alil spice, I gotta keep him away from the jalapeno carrots that this place throws into every order because those are too much for him. I'm glad ya found something to burn your facehole. Now I wanna go get some ethiopian and have them put some extra heat on it.

Get the kid into sriracha good new person heat with some sweet. Maybe put some maple in it and put it on eggs!

sig by owlhawk911

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

cruft posted:

We lost power *again*. Brownout this time, so I'm having to go re-pair every IKEA bulb in the house. Seems like the new firmware has made it way less a pain in the rear end to do this. Nice to see things improving.

Sorry I should have known the risks of posting a Maki Itoh tweet

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

nesamdoom posted:

I miss Ethiopian so much. Definitely something I associate with pre-Covid nostalgia since I loved how communal it was to just sit around and rip up injera with your friends.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

pixaal posted:

Get the kid into sriracha good new person heat with some sweet. Maybe put some maple in it and put it on eggs!

I've never really mixed sweet and hot before. but I do like eggs with both and so far he copies pretty much everything I like. I'll grab a bottle of sriracha next time I'm at the store and give it a shot. My step kids warmed up over time to eating the gut destroying stuff I like having sometimes. My friend's kid is a full nut for it, he's the only one I know that wants to go through the hot one's lineup with me. He's also my best option if I try to hit some team eating challenges kuz dude's always packed food in and now he's 15 and in every sport he can be so I wanna get him out to win some free food. back to point, thanks a lot, sugar helps with the heat so some syrup on spicy eggs should work great to get the boy worked into it and as he gets older I'll be able to get him eating some fire.

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
BoldFrankensteinMir

Sriracha and maple sounds f'n delicious, I gotta try that on mac & cheese some time. I like putting georgia mustard on cold mac & cheese because I am a huge weirdo.

Is it cool if I hang another poster on the wall? This place has walls, right? I'm assuming there are walls, in this virtual space.

Sig by Heather Papps

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Zil posted:

Same here, currently waiting to find out if my cold is just that or covid. Refreshing the doctors website like every 10 minutes.

Update turns out it is just a cold after all. Negative for covid and flu.

Still feel like crap, but relieved at the same time.

pixaal

Zil posted:

Update turns out it is just a cold after all. Negative for covid and flu.

Still feel like crap, but relieved at the same time.

Glad to hear it, still get plenty of rest and enjoy some nice blankets!

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Sriracha and maple sounds f'n delicious, I gotta try that on mac & cheese some time. I like putting georgia mustard on cold mac & cheese because I am a huge weirdo.

Is it cool if I hang another poster on the wall? This place has walls, right? I'm assuming there are walls, in this virtual space.

spectacular poster, just great

ty nesamdoom!

cruft

I love that crab.

BoldFrankensteinMir

cruft posted:

I love that crab.

He looks good 'shopped into public domain movie posters, I will give him that.

Sig by Heather Papps

Prof. Crocodile

i love coupon crab in a way that few people could ever understand, although some particularly gifted poets have captured the shape of it.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Sent my old Canon 70D off for repair to Canon because the mounting ring for the lens was warped and won't seat properly affecting the autofocus abilities. Canon wanted $410 to repair it. That camera is worth $300 today lol, so gently caress no I'm not letting you repair that.

For a tad over $100 more I could just get a used 5Diii.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

:thunkher::thunkher::thunkher:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

sb hermit

Manifisto posted:

spectacular poster, just great

:same:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

He looks good 'shopped into public domain movie posters, I will give him that.

:craboot:

Ass-penny

I went to the record store for the first time since early 2020 and spent too much money. Then I was very lazy and ordered delivery, which should get here soon, hopefully. I'm hungry!

Prof. Crocodile

Goons Are Great posted:

hello freinds im here and posting and now I'm gonna be sitting in a train for a few hours and so I need your service to keep me up to date on the latest internet

have you heard of chillinternet.club? best site on the internet, hands down.

sb hermit

Viginti Septem posted:

Sent my old Canon 70D off for repair to Canon because the mounting ring for the lens was warped and won't seat properly affecting the autofocus abilities. Canon wanted $410 to repair it. That camera is worth $300 today lol, so gently caress no I'm not letting you repair that.

For a tad over $100 more I could just get a used 5Diii.

I'm really feeling the camera itch now. I got a sturdy 5D1, a still-wonderful t2i, a banged-up 20D, and a retired 1d2. If a 5D3 is $500, I could just donate the bulk of my cameras (keep the t2i for my nice ef-s lenses).

Then again, it looks like the 6D was released about the same time, so maybe I should get that instead. I need better image quality, not speed.

BoldFrankensteinMir

pre-show shorts have started! https://cytu.be/r/BYOBmovies

Sig by Heather Papps

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Prof. Crocodile posted:

have you heard of chillinternet.club? best site on the internet, hands down.

How dare you, no site with content is ever going to be the best site on the internet. It's only sites with 400 pages and no likes and no metadata to lead to them that are truly embrassing the purpose of the internet to keep things away from everyone that might want to see it. hahaha. Seriously I wish there had been like a longer gif for that sig kuz everytime I see it I just get this warm feeling and I think that's the only reason I do the sigs that I can when I have an idea.

Escape From Noise

My friend posted this last night. I love crime beaver.

Ass-penny

Escape From Noise posted:

Crime beaver rules

Goons Are Gifts

tag yourselves friends, we all have been a crime beaver at some point

Goons Are Gifts

I'm the mixture of infinite pride and careful caution in his eyes while committing this crime

Ass-penny

I'm the luscious coat.

Escape From Noise

I'm the thicc tail.

alnilam

I'm the stylish arrow in the street

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm the beaver bouquet emojis

Manifisto

I'm the calculated disregard for the bike trail landscaping

ty nesamdoom!

Prof. Crocodile

nesamdoom posted:

How dare you, no site with content is ever going to be the best site on the internet. It's only sites with 400 pages and no likes and no metadata to lead to them that are truly embrassing the purpose of the internet to keep things away from everyone that might want to see it. hahaha. Seriously I wish there had been like a longer gif for that sig kuz everytime I see it I just get this warm feeling and I think that's the only reason I do the sigs that I can when I have an idea.

it is a wonderful sig and i love it

Prof. Crocodile

Escape From Noise posted:

I imagine that he is going to present those to a lady beaver to win her back as part of a romantic gesture on christmas like some sort of hybrid between a pixar film and a gary marshal film.

biosterous

i'm the / between 2 and 5

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

sb hermit

I'm the geraniums, gasping for nutrients

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I'm the leaf. No not that one, the other one. Yes right there.

cruft

biosterous posted:

i'm the / between 2 and 5

I was going to post this! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

sb hermit posted:

I'm really feeling the camera itch now. I got a sturdy 5D1, a still-wonderful t2i, a banged-up 20D, and a retired 1d2. If a 5D3 is $500, I could just donate the bulk of my cameras (keep the t2i for my nice ef-s lenses).

Then again, it looks like the 6D was released about the same time, so maybe I should get that instead. I need better image quality, not speed.

Yea I feel you. I need quality images where I'm at now. I don't do sports/boat races anymore so I couldn't care less about 17 fps or whatever.

I've had this APSC 70d since 2014ish and I've shot with rental 5Diiis for wedding and poo poo so I could carry two cameras.

But I've shot digital prosumer-level for 18 years now and I really feel like I'm tapped out and bored with it. If I invest in a nice camera and drop thousands (that I don't have right now) I really don't want to move to mirrorless and reinvest with new lenses and accessories.

I would want to save and move into medium-format digital. I need something that I can learn with again.

Which is why I've started getting into film cameras right now.

eBay has second-hand 5Diiis for $550 with wear and tear. I feel like I could just swap my janky 70D for a janky 5Diii for a everyday camera at this point.

I dont know.

Viginti Septem fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 23, 2021