Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Butternubs posted:

I got 2 mins into the first youtube video I found and we're already deep within TERF ISLAND territory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9lZCiGdo4&t=119s

Sadly par for the course amoung far too many people here.

95 - apparently the year the Internet was entirely privatised.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Total Meatlove posted:

They do, but that's not Green Brigade. And in the same way that Boris Johnson was technically having an afternoon meeting at a place exempt from COVID regulations with staff, the optics of the SNP shutting down outdoor events despite any evidence for outdoor transmission, then working backwards to justifications for it, isn't great?

Sorry, no evidence of outdoor transmission? https://aldianews.com/articles/culture/music/covid-19-infections-confirmed-bad-bunny-concerts/68665

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/jimmfelton/status/1473984798901293058

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's not the only one who's decided to publicly display their rear end on that topic

:hotpickle:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Just Another Lurker posted:

Tesco this morning was 6-8 no mask, 1 nose commando and the rest were masked, damned place was heading towards packed as 8am, very few staff were masked. :rolleyes:

Yeah I went to the supermarket at the weekend and I think all the customers I saw had masks on (couple of old people with their noses stuck out though) but literally none of the staff. Like what the actual gently caress.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM3ndbXpRkI

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/malorieblackman/status/1472885256097353735?s=20

She's about 10000x more qualified than the dreadful Riley.

https://aimafidon.com/

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

He means Jeremiah surely.

Thanks Corbin. :mad:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Something tells me that even if it was, Steve Williams doesn't bother taking any time to say anything when BAME people lose out on a job for 'political' reasons.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Something tells me that even if it was, Steve Williams doesn't bother taking any time to say anything when BAME people lose out on a job for 'political' reasons.

I've never heard of him before. He's protected his tweets so I can't see the kind of shite he posts.

Collateral posted:

He means Jeremiah surely.

Thanks Corbin. :mad:

Jeremiah was a bullfrog.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I've never heard of him before. He's protected his tweets so I can't see the kind of shite he posts.
Me either, but pointing out that something like that is 'political' and ignoring all the times when the equally qualified Black candidate gets passed over for 'culture fit' reasons is itself a political act.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
was a good friend of mine
:guitar:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

smellmycheese posted:

Where have you seen this?

https://twitter.com/Cassetteboy/status/1473638192771444740

e: sausage roll nonce has been making me chuckle all afternoon

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 23, 2021

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/130291010730340352

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
don't bring politics into foodbanks just give generously really encapsulates a lot about what's wrong with this country imo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Could you elaborate on that? Because it was my understanding that it used to be that you would get diagnosed (by an educational psychologist in my case and by a doctor in my uncle's case), and then take the report to the DWP. As far as I was aware you needed a diagnosis from a professional, or at least if you went in with your reports that would be accepted as proof.

Now we have a situation where the DWP do their own assessments, and generally the first line of refusal is done by people with 2 weeks training who look up rain man on wikipedia and decide it's not that, because you didn't 'look' autistic on the day. You can go in with all the professional prep you like but these dipshits can just decide you looked too happy, or were able to complete basic tasks once regardless of how long it took or how much pain it caused, and over-rule the diagnoses of GPs, consultants and trained diagnosticians.

oh no no this was genuine bullshit artists wanting "a bit of extra money" for their kids, there was a rumour that went round that THEY couldn't "force your kid to do all the tests" and a load of old bollocks about how parents know best and that they should be believed, so a *lot* of people literally applied without any medical proof but ticked all the boxes that said they could contact GPs which turned it into a big system clogging mess. Which ultimately led to the system we have today.

I have friends who worked on the autism charity help lines at this time and they were absolutely inundated with parents who said they had gone to doctors and been told politely to gently caress off when they asked for a statement and what should they do. Now that's not to say there isn't a big problem with that side of the system but the numbers went up too high and a lot of time was spent explaining that if you think your kids needs ritalin then that's a discussion with a GP and no having that prescription would not entitle you to DLA on it's own and sir this helpline is usually used by teenagers who are being failed by CAHMS and need to talk.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Wait you're telling me that there's a famous person in England called... Ladbaby?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

crispix posted:

don't bring politics into foodbanks just give generously really encapsulates a lot about what's wrong with this country imo

"Everything"?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

Black TV show lady = political
2.5 million people needing to use a foodbank = not political
simple as

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Wait you're telling me that there's a famous person in England called... Ladbaby?

I think they're the people behind a sausage roll meme song a while back.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

You will never guess what his wife is known as.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Ladbaby beat JK Rowland to number 1 in best seller list too.
He did a childrens book a while ago, it outsold most other books put together.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

I think they're the people behind a sausage roll meme song a while back.

3 consecutive Christmas #1s

I wish I was kidding

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

3 consecutive Christmas #1s

I wish I was kidding

This is why I never give a poo poo about the Christmas #1. It's always stupid because the people are stupid.

Except that time it was Killing in the Name as a meme, although the discourse around that was also stupid, because the people are stupid.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ceterum censeo the people are stupid.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Can't believe I've missed three years of someone being famous who is called ladbaby.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Can't believe I've missed three years of someone being famous who is called ladbaby.

Yeah, seriously. Honestly I feel a bit disorientated

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Barry Foster posted:

Agreed.

Much heartened by LC and Skulker's accounts, though. Good on that bus driver. Good on you, Skulker.

Totally. If someone deliberately coughed in m y face I would hit them. (I say that but I would probably be too scared, but VERY tempted).

The local shops have been pretty good about masking. Our local Tesco is usually pretty bad for masking but when I was there a couple of days ago it looked like about 99% mask-wearing, which was a pleasant surprise.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Was wavering on the fence because I generally don't find Kunt and the Gang all that funny, but 'Ladbaby' getting pissy about it being mean to the government has induced me to buy three.

Also it's a riff on the KLF's Dr Who song which is pretty funny.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I thought I was having a stroke when I read the initial post but no, it is the world that has had a stroke.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1474054760692998145
Good news: the UK has flattened the curve
Bad news: against the y-axis

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Lotta people getting "realising they're old" as an early Christmas present ITT.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I simply cultivated a physique that reminds me exactly how old I am whenever I try to get off the sofa

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Don't know how you can say this with (I assume) a straight face when caring about/knowing who the Xmas number 1 is the most British boomer thing I've ever encountered.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
HOY WE'RE WEST LOIFE

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1473939078332784642
https://twitter.com/Coldwar_Steve/status/1473991895504334852

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 23, 2021

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Made big mistake.
Had some Baileys flavoured cream in meringue shells a few days ago - no problem.
Went to Waitrose :guillotine: to get some more to shove in some meringue shells for my xmas and they had completely sold out so bought some rum flavoured cream instead. Shoved in meringue case as shells all sold out too.
Heart racing, sweating, all my alcohol 'allergy' symptoms in full pelt. All the windows are open, my fan is on, heart doing the fandago - it's just gone below 100 bpm now.
That'll learn me.

And they're out of gravadlax, M&S Food :guillotine: is also out of gravadlax, so that's my xmas day ruined LOL

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Most co-ops I think got a bumper shipment of baileys the other week for crimbo so that might be your best bet if you want some?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Most co-ops I think got a bumper shipment of baileys the other week for crimbo so that might be your best bet if you want some?

I can't drink alcohol neat like that it makes me really ill. It has to be mixed/blended with food and obviously there's a limit to that which I have now discovered! (I had no alcohol at all from Dec 2005 until a single tub of baileys flavoured cream last xmas and then none since then until this week.)

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

I refuse to see how even the most insane, blinkered, Tory maniac could even begin to think Liz loving Truss is any way comparable to Margaret Thatcher. It's like comparing Starmer with his namesake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Thatcher at least invented a poo poo type of ice cream, what's Truss ever done.