Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Perrotet using the Gladys method I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010
Lol taken out by Geisha Bar, that is hilarious.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I really hope the masks thing is actually better enforced in NSW for now. I was on a 5+ hour Countylink train trip this morning and despite being at almost max capacity they were definitely not enforcing wearing them outside of advising once an hour over the speaker system that it was a legal requirement to wear one. Even the staff member who was taking the lunch orders was doing the thing where he was wearing a mask but only let it cover his mouth.

Part of the reason I even caught the drat thing was the assumption everyone would have to wear one. Another passenger asked the ticket checker if there was any way to ventilate the carriage a bit and the ticket checker laughed in their face and said the train was at least 40 years old.

Redezga fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 23, 2021

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Look on the bright side: if they were all just wearing cloth masks anyway it isn't really going to matter over 5 hours.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Fun Fact: The British Government desperately wanted back in on the US weapons program so invited US representatives to witness the atomic tests and see the technical achievements of UK scientists. However the perfidious colonists couldn’t be trusted with any information (despite early involvement in the Manhattan Project by Australian scientists). So the yanks had better access than the Australians at the UK test sites.

Wait, Peccadillo said the opposite without going into detail. Who is to say who is right about these things?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Budzilla posted:

Wait, Peccadillo said the opposite without going into detail. Who is to say who is right about these things?

Depends whose pointing a nuke

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for November:

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Dick Terrorism

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The entirety of TAS is an astute political comment.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Was just talking to my dad who lives outside Bunbury and he and my stepmum were in Perth on the weekend, and because they were, my step-siblings today immediately departed her house back to their town in the Wheatbelt and won't be returning for Christmas until both of them test negative. It was a fascinating glimpse into a world where some people still psychologically feel the same way about COVID as they did in March 2020.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Just buy some KN95 masks, or Aussie P2 masks, or N95 masks or KF94s. This includes the terminally Sydney brained guy who keeps posting (I don’t want you to die). No one in power values your life. The next month is going to be ghastly.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
Politics Morrison Man gave me Welfare Fringe Brain

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

The Peccadillo posted:

Depends whose pointing a nuke
I would say 'great post' but the banality of sarcasm will still be eclipsed by your bad posting.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Yesterday's daily count for South Australia was more than half of the combined count for all of 2020 and up to end of November 2021.

Restrictions will continue to be relaxed.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Budzilla posted:

There are very fine people on both sides.

go_banana
Oct 13, 2010
Everyone's wearing masks at the shops again in Western Sydney.

gently caress me Moderna hit me with those side effects, good gear would recommend 10/10.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Booster interval changing to 4 months from Jan 4th and to 3 months from Jan 31st
I think they might be slightly worried

https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/1474151320655331329

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Helith posted:

Booster interval changing to 4 months from Jan 4th and to 3 months from Jan 31st
I think they might be slightly worried

https://twitter.com/SBSNews/status/1474151320655331329

Health Minister slams Anthony Albanese for ‘irresponsible’ calls for booster interval to be reduced

The Health Minister has launched a vicious spray against Anthony Albanese, slamming the opposition leader as ‘unworthy’ of running for Prime Minister.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

quote:

The man was staying at a house in Girrawheen but has been incredibly active while in WA.

Before his big night on Saturday the man visited several shopping centres and liquor store locations in Perth’s northern suburbs.

He also went on a lunchtime shopping expedition on Friday with a range of Perth CBD shops added to the list including JB HiFi at Enex 100 and the Vans shoe store in the Murray Street Mall.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/wa-health-adds-13-exposure-sites-as-french-backpacker-movements-become-clearer-20211224-p59jxg.html

Apparently going to some bars and the shops counts as being incredibly active. I don't get the motivation for this kind of shaming, surely the entire point of being COVID-free is that you can live life totally normally?

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Has anyone heard about accelerated boosters for AZ recipients? The doctors mentioned to us that it might be happening soon. My partner is 38 and was ineligible for pfizer so got AZ a few months ago. Now she's pregnant and consequently vulnerable and apparently AZ is now substantially less effective but she's not eligible for a booster for ages now. Not ideal.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

freebooter posted:

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/wa-health-adds-13-exposure-sites-as-french-backpacker-movements-become-clearer-20211224-p59jxg.html

Apparently going to some bars and the shops counts as being incredibly active. I don't get the motivation for this kind of shaming, surely the entire point of being COVID-free is that you can live life totally normally?

Just dumb exaggeration poo poo from the media. Fishing for clicks.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

We're still angry at the perfidious French for being angry at us for cancelling the submarines.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
So how's the personal responsibility strategy working out?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How many test results can NSW do in a day anyway? :|

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

From the looks of things, around 160k.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Waiting for a Covid test after a positive case in my office. The line is so long I can imagine a lot of people think "gently caress this I'm asymptomatic so probably fine." The car behind me already bailed.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Health Minister slams Anthony Albanese for ‘irresponsible’ calls for booster interval to be reduced

The Health Minister has launched a vicious spray against Anthony Albanese, slamming the opposition leader as ‘unworthy’ of running for Prime Minister.

lmao @ "spray"

MysticalMachineGun posted:

The Libs don't give a poo poo about the stupid protesters, they care that Murdoch is anti-mandate so they'll jump for their master.

there is no separation between murdoch and antivax protestors. they are not separate entities

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

So how's the personal responsibility strategy working out?

I know I get my concept of personal responsibility from a man who went on holidays to Hawaii when all of Australia was burning.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Really worried about this French backpacker nuking us all with Covid. I've booked my kids in for their vaccinations (its open now in WA) and we're fully stocked up on sunscreen. I wasn't sure if I should get the 6 hour protection, or the water one. Which is better for preventing infection?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I know I get my concept of personal responsibility from a man who went on holidays to Hawaii when all of Australia was burning.

or our deputy PM who got his advisor pregnant lol

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

snoremac posted:

Waiting for a Covid test after a positive case in my office. The line is so long I can imagine a lot of people think "gently caress this I'm asymptomatic so probably fine." The car behind me already bailed.

Are people with toddlers/small children legit sitting in a car for 4 hours to get the whole family tested?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

abigserve posted:

Are people with toddlers/small children legit sitting in a car for 4 hours to get the whole family tested?

If you have any knowledge regarding an available alternative I would be legitimately ecstatic to hear it.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Breetai posted:

If you have any knowledge regarding an available alternative I would be legitimately ecstatic to hear it.
well, silly, there is the option of standing in line for 4hrs instead

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Konomex posted:

Really worried about this French backpacker nuking us all with Covid. I've booked my kids in for their vaccinations (its open now in WA) and we're fully stocked up on sunscreen. I wasn't sure if I should get the 6 hour protection, or the water one. Which is better for preventing infection?

whichever has the most parabens

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Tomberforce posted:

Has anyone heard about accelerated boosters for AZ recipients? The doctors mentioned to us that it might be happening soon. My partner is 38 and was ineligible for pfizer so got AZ a few months ago. Now she's pregnant and consequently vulnerable and apparently AZ is now substantially less effective but she's not eligible for a booster for ages now. Not ideal.

In SA they've just announced that anyone double AZ'd will be eligible for a Pfizer/Moderna booster from Boxing Day.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

abigserve posted:

Didn't happen to see any kids.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

The French backpacker's housemates all tested negative so I thought WA might pull this one out of the fire again, but nope, 5 new cases:

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/premier-mark-mcgowan-due-to-give-wa-covid-19-update-before-lunch-20211224-p59k1r.html

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Konomex posted:

hosed up that Macron would go straight to biological warfare

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Also wow I had not kept up with the case numbers in the formerly COVID-free states that have opened up but wow, Queensland and SA, save some COVID for the rest of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

hosed up that Macron would go straight to biological warfare

Between the French and the New South Welsh'ian what hope does the rest of Australia even have!!!

freebooter posted:

Also wow I had not kept up with the case numbers in the formerly COVID-free states that have opened up but wow, Queensland and SA, save some COVID for the rest of us

Yeah QLD numbers just jumped. Not looking forward to the numbers post Christmas/new years celebrations

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 24, 2021