Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Cpt_Obvious posted:

lmao isn't this guy obsessed with a glorious history that never happened?

Sort of? He talks up the Semenese Islands but he's a Revachol boy, born and raised and never left.

AREA MAN HUGE FAN OF WHAT HE IMAGINES SEMENESE ISLANDS TO BE, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
https://twitter.com/discoelysiumbot/status/1473027554827063296

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game has new achievements including one for making Kim wear a particular jacket. I literally saved just before that scene by chance last night and I can’t figure out how to do it. Anyone know?

Edit: Figured it out. Pump suggestion to 8ish and don’t forget to wipe the dumb grin off your face when the convo is over.

Knuc U Kinte fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 21, 2021

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Wait did they stealth update the game? The new achivements hint at a bunch of stuff that I'm fairly certain wasn't possible in the game up to this point.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This game has new achievements including one for making Kim wear a particular jacket. I literally saved just before that scene by chance last night and I can’t figure out how to do it. Anyone know?

Edit: Figured it out. Pump suggestion to 8ish and don’t forget to wipe the dumb grin off your face when the convo is over.

What if I not only I want the dumb grin stuck on my face, but also I can't because Electro-Chemistry is too impotent? :grin:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Vagabong posted:

Wait did they stealth update the game? The new achivements hint at a bunch of stuff that I'm fairly certain wasn't possible in the game up to this point.

They must have added new content with the Polish language patch.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think they have some weird pipeline where they periodically put in new things as they are animated/modeled. Feels like gilding the lily a bit but I guess it's cool

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What?! You can't equip and chug the medicinal spirits?! BOOOOO

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Go through the kim's secret dialogue tree with high authority for some new stuff. But be prepared for your faith in kim to be shaken forever :aaaaa:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

No Mods No Masters posted:

Go through the kim's secret dialogue tree with high authority for some new stuff. But be prepared for your faith in kim to be shaken forever :aaaaa:

Oh don't leave us hanging! C'mon!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

But be prepared for your faith in kim to be shaken forever :aaaaa:

In that case I refuse

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I think they have some weird pipeline where they periodically put in new things as they are animated/modeled. Feels like gilding the lily a bit but I guess it's cool

just out of a relationship last saturday and IM NOT GOING TO TOUCH THIS GAME AGAIN STOP ADDING NEW CONTENT ZA/UM

(I will eventually play it ofc)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I think the implication is that Harry is so divorced (ha!) from his childhood that those are barely his memories any more. Yeah, Harrier du Bois had a loving and caring childhood. But he's not that Harrier du Bois any more.

You can also dig up memories of his childhood friends that are now all dead from car accidents and overdoses.

But yeah, most of Harry's more prominent memories and emotional responses are from adulthood, it seems. Not to mention it's implied he's been obliterating his brain with booze, drugs and disco from pretty early on.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Kim's Aerostatic Crew Jacket has arrived. It is EXTREMELY hot. Very glad to moving to colder climates soon as I do not think I would ever have a real opportunity to wear this in the SF Bay.

It feels real high quality. Short on the torso, but I think that is by design. Feels unusual but I think I'll get used to it and figure out a fit that deserves to go with it. The interior thought cabinet is gorgeous, and it came with another small piece of art. I'll post some pictures soon. The patches on it are a bit hard to see what they say but I think that is also by design. I think they're reflective, so I'll have the check them out at night. IIRC you need to use Kim's car's headlamps in order to read them, so it fits.

Very exciting stuff.

. . . . I should buy the orange one and pants too. . . .

I should strive to be like the weird extremely European man in the modeling pic.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Did anyone order the collector's edition and only get the normal edition? My brother bought me the PS5 collector's edition for Christmas, but what arrived was, as mentioned, simply a normal PS5 physical edition of the game along with a packing slip for the $250 collector's edition. He's e-mailed iam8bit, who he bought it through, but I was just wondering if this was happening to anyone else or if I just got screwed randomly.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I've not bought the collector's edition but I think I remember seeing something saying that it had been delayed (again) until 2022. They might be issuing the regular version in the meantime so you've got the game at least? I'd definitely email them to check what's up

Fake edit: here's what I saw https://www.reddit.com/r/DiscoElysi...tm_source=share

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Yeah, they just got back to him to tell him they shipped the actual game early but the rest of it is delayed until Q2. Ouch.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
What a weird duo of games to bundle together:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/23667/Disco_Elysium__The_Final_Cut__Control_Ultimate_Edition_Bundle/

But it got me thinking: The Horrific Necktie as an Object of Power... :hmmyes:

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Kim's nightly cigarette is an object of coolness

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
now they need to come up with a way to fit pathologic 2 in there to make a Truly Powerful 2019 Games Trifecta

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Wrr posted:

Kim's Aerostatic Crew Jacket has arrived. It is EXTREMELY hot. Very glad to moving to colder climates soon as I do not think I would ever have a real opportunity to wear this in the SF Bay.

It feels real high quality. Short on the torso, but I think that is by design. Feels unusual but I think I'll get used to it and figure out a fit that deserves to go with it. The interior thought cabinet is gorgeous, and it came with another small piece of art. I'll post some pictures soon. The patches on it are a bit hard to see what they say but I think that is also by design. I think they're reflective, so I'll have the check them out at night. IIRC you need to use Kim's car's headlamps in order to read them, so it fits.

Very exciting stuff.

. . . . I should buy the orange one and pants too. . . .

I should strive to be like the weird extremely European man in the modeling pic.

Not surprised that it's pretty hot, if it's remotely authentic then pilot jackets are meant to keep the wind chill out. And well, Kim is wearing it while it's snowing.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Cleared the game as Physical Cop recently on PS4 after having a late-game run stall out on PC (stuff happened and so on). I did already know of certain things going on, but not others and my only regret was not drinking and doing more drugs for those tasty stats. Anyway, I'm planning on doing a Hardcore run maybe after trying out one of the other two starting cops and dicking around.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

A Bystander posted:

Cleared the game as Physical Cop recently on PS4 after having a late-game run stall out on PC (stuff happened and so on). I did already know of certain things going on, but not others and my only regret was not drinking and doing more drugs for those tasty stats. Anyway, I'm planning on doing a Hardcore run maybe after trying out one of the other two starting cops and dicking around.
Disco Elysium: my only regret was not drinking and doing more drugs

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Final Cut 2: Electric Boogaloo dropped

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/632470/view/5918290951264246641

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Not surprised that it's pretty hot, if it's remotely authentic then pilot jackets are meant to keep the wind chill out. And well, Kim is wearing it while it's snowing.

My other experience with a bomber jacket is the old 90s~ Army Pilots Jacket. The green one with the orange inside. The exterior is a much more permeable material than the Aerostatic Jacket, which is absolutely not going to let the heat out.

Also, the interior pockets can fit Kim's Notebook, but its a tight fit and theres no real way for that to be accessible and useable. Bummer.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Welp, gonna hafta play this again NOW.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

Lugubrious posted:

Yeah, they just got back to him to tell him they shipped the actual game early but the rest of it is delayed until Q2. Ouch.

Yeah same. They did send some emails out about it but if he uses gmail like me, gmail tends to sort all iam8bit emails into “promotion,” even if they are the sales receipt or order info.

It does come with a code to download a digital copy of the art book on the inside of the case. Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to download it and look at it yet, but the art book was probably what I was most looking forward to. (Though I am looking forward to getting a laugh out of placing the DE statue right next to the Elden Ring CE statue).

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.

Awesome! Was looking for a reason to replay this game.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Damnit! I keep forgetting to go back and talk to that balconey fucker!
oh sweet, I didn't hit the hay at the end of my last day's save!
well that was a bust, maybe Kim would've had some insights but he was a sleepy boy

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Dec 24, 2021

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I was startled to find out that Kim's voice actor is not on Cameo. He'd probably make a nice chunk of cash on there.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I haven't owned a current console in decades, so I bought this for the Switch and played through twice.

it is a good game and I love the game and I am going to give the game kisses

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters
Both the phasmid and the armour tasks now require me to talk to Cuno but I am still dead to him, no option to placate him with cigarettes or drugs or comics or anything. I'd check Disco Reader but I can't seem to find the conversation when I search for it. I've already done all the Cuno stuff on past playthroughs so it's not the end of the world, but is there any definite answer on how/if you can do anything with Cuno after picking all the wrong options during the empathy check?

I guess this is just an inevitable casualty of doing a playthrough where I pick all the terrible dialogue options I didn't want to pick before. Oh well!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

midnight lasagna posted:

Both the phasmid and the armour tasks now require me to talk to Cuno but I am still dead to him, no option to placate him with cigarettes or drugs or comics or anything. I'd check Disco Reader but I can't seem to find the conversation when I search for it. I've already done all the Cuno stuff on past playthroughs so it's not the end of the world, but is there any definite answer on how/if you can do anything with Cuno after picking all the wrong options during the empathy check?

I guess this is just an inevitable casualty of doing a playthrough where I pick all the terrible dialogue options I didn't want to pick before. Oh well!

Me thinks you (also) probably pointed a gun a cunoesse when trying to get the body down and pretended nothing was wrong when you talked to Cuno after the fact

Also:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I think with high enough logic in Cuno's shack you can piece together the next step without talking to Cuno. Change your clothes and smoke some cigs

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Enjoying the new scenes in the update. I had mixed feelings at the idea that you can overcome Kim’s eyebrow authority now but it was ultimately very funny.

But be warned, you can never unlearn Kim’s dark secret!

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I didn't realize you could get Cuno to hate you so much he stuffs cussing at you.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Enjoying the new scenes in the update. I had mixed feelings at the idea that you can overcome Kim’s eyebrow authority now but it was ultimately very funny.

But be warned, you can never unlearn Kim’s dark secret!

the ever-increasingly wrongly-named "the final cut"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Got all the achievements except for the jacket one. I got Kim to wear the jacket but the achievement didn’t pop. I have a feeling I’m supposed to beat the game with him still wearing it so that might take me a bit to power through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

christmas boots posted:

Got all the achievements except for the jacket one. I got Kim to wear the jacket but the achievement didn’t pop. I have a feeling I’m supposed to beat the game with him still wearing it so that might take me a bit to power through

It’s bugged. Can confirm myself it doesn’t pop when beating the game too since he removes it after the tribunal