Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Zeroisanumber posted:

He has the 'beeties and probably didn't keep on top of it, then he got severe Covid and it ate his leg.

That's one big Covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
whenever there's a post on /r/covid19positive with bad symptoms all the replies are "you probably have delta / flu / strep / lupus because omicron is mild"

the people pushing that bullshit early in december did so much damage

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

if they're going to conveniently stop counting cases, now would be the time to do it

just take a christmas holiday break from recording cases and never restart it

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

"actually this surge is a great, wonderful thing because omicron is so mild that nobody who gets it will need hospitalization" - literally the opinion of most of twitter right now

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

genericnick posted:

The PCR tests we use say 30 minutes.

Will do 30 minutes then, thank you :3:

Joementum posted:

whenever there's a post on /r/covid19positive with bad symptoms all the replies are "you probably have delta / flu / strep / lupus because omicron is mild"

the people pushing that bullshit early in december did so much damage

would you say that it's mildly annoying

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Rauros posted:

we probably could have done this last june too, but instead it was time to rip off masks, because covid was over.

we can do it now.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

would you say that it's mildly annoying

~*~mildly~*~

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Lol you're in it right now. Stay away from the pre packaged food bucket type sites if that's your criteria. They're almost all right wing or religious grifts. All you need food wise is bags of rice, beans, spices (salt pepper garlic ect) and maybe a few bottles of vitamins. As for everything else, pretend you live in hurricane country and power got cut off for two weeks. Some flashlights and batteries. Some extra blankets, maybe a way to purify water. You can get water purifier supplies at walmart. Maybe as simple as tablets so you can drink and cook your rice. Maybe if you have the space keep 10 to 20 gallons of water around.

Adding on to this, you would want to try and refill your prescription medications that you might have, try and see if you could get 3 month worth. Get some various medical supplies for various injuries that you might get in such as gauze, bandaids, topical antibiotics, Tylenol, aspirin, burn care, anti- diarrhea medicine, iodine, eye wash and so forth.
If you have a car, keep your car filled up at every moment you can and grab an extra gasoline can to keep in your garage so you'll have some in case the gas station runs out. Grab a propane stove and a propane tank so you can cook in case your power/gas turns off.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

president xi i live in long beach and i yearn for freedom. please send help

https://twitter.com/nwbdnwbd/status/1473044163901988865?s=20

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

3hands posted:

Anyone know any good non-chud or minimal chudthink prepper type sites? I'd like to get some good nonperishable food and figure out what other emergency resources might be needed.

dont buy special prepper food it's over priced garbage. just get bags of dried rice, beans, flour, sugar, pasta, and canned food. all of that will last long enough for you to figure out agriculture

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1475068114631024643

:patriot:

spatula
Nov 6, 2004
I have covid lol

I am 3x full moderna’d. It’s extremely mild. I would have assumed it was my regular sinus problems if this wasn’t going around.

Stay safe folks.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
^^ sorry that sucks

Rutibex posted:

dont buy special prepper food it's over priced garbage. just get bags of dried rice, beans, flour, sugar, pasta, and canned food. all of that will last long enough for you to figure out agriculture

Nuts.com has a lot of good specialty dried food and powders. I got a dehydrator for Christmas (been into making specialty backpacking meals lately)

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

spatula posted:

I have covid lol

I am 3x full moderna’d. It’s extremely mild. I would have assumed it was my regular sinus problems if this wasn’t going around.

Stay safe folks.

Sorry to hear you got it, but glad to hear your titers are not putting up with any shenanigans.

If you don't mind my asking; how many days have you had symptoms and, if you have any idea when the point of infection was, how many days since infection?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

spatula posted:

I have covid lol

Stay safe folks.

did you have sinus pressure? any relief from Sudafed?(if you’re in USA)

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/yaneerbaryam/status/1475120192263188481

https://twitter.com/yaneerbaryam/status/1475121383097176068

yaneer having a tiny crack-ping. i love to see it.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

L.M.F.A.O.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Here have a cute animal video stolen from the cute thread:

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Stay safe poz goons

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Schmeichy posted:

^^ sorry that sucks

Nuts.com has a lot of good specialty dried food and powders. I got a dehydrator for Christmas (been into making specialty backpacking meals lately)

I mean if it is actually extremely mild and stays that way i would say congratulations, dodging a bullet is a good thing. Will indeed suck to wonder whether things might go south though i hate health anxiety.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

spatula posted:

I have covid lol

Stay safe folks.
Ack, hope the extreme mildness holds up. good luck

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

Thank you goons, I will just buy the basics like you suggested and avoid getting grifted by the "buy mah pills" crowd :bahgawd:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Merry Mild Xmas!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
is there any data on how much covid spread solely through applebees patrions?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

tbf there is a good chance Lightfoot thinks that most the teachers in Chicago are racist white communists. So sending them back to in person learning during COVID was actually about fighting the teachers' racial privilidge.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

sounds like someone should do something

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

It’s always identical to, someone tests positive, announces they have no symptoms or minor cold symptoms, and then they disappear for a month or two and never speak about COVID again when they eventually emerge.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hey look yesterday he quoted a guy who quoted engels on social murder

https://twitter.com/yaneerbaryam/status/1474781428160335875?s=20

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

saving this one to tweetsfromtheendoftheworld.txt

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

Among 236 379 patients diagnosed with COVID-19, the estimated incidence of a neurological or psychiatric diagnosis in the following 6 months was 33% (95% CI 33·17–34·07), with 12.84% (12·36–13·33) receiving their first such diagnosis.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(21)00084-5/fulltext

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Crusader posted:

all of sudden everything is being canceled i don’t get it???

https://twitter.com/peteburke/status/1475148679665364992?s=21

Wow! Nothing happened and suddenly everything is canceled! Ridiculous!

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

I can't wait to get covid

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Neuroinvasive and all that, so I don't doubt that psychiatric problems arising after COVID infections are probably quite common, but I also don't doubt that in the global population in general and in America in particular, psychiatric illnesses are woefully undiagnosed. Like I would imagine a good chunk, possibly the majority, of that 12% receiving their first diagnosis had some sort of existing condition that they simply never recognized or were willing to overcome the stigma of mental healthcare to get treated.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Bearjew posted:

I can't wait to get covid

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

sonatinas posted:

very cool kid mask usage at the pet store is 0%

Kids are gonna get wet tail

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

sonatinas posted:

very cool kid mask usage at the pet store is 0%

Neither animals nor children can get or spread COVID so I don't see what the problem is?

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Has there been anything about COVID and microplastics? I'm just laughing at the thought of microplastics in our environment exacerbating the whole situation. Bringing the whole biosphere collapse and pandemic together as a family in this wonderful holiday season of doom.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

any tips for assembling a food stockpile for a household of 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Stairmaster posted:

any tips for assembling a food stockpile for a household of 3

beans.