Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

:allears: ^

AITA for telling my neighbor that it isn’t my fault that she lied to her kid?

quote:

This morning, my daughter (call her Emily, 7F) came inside from playing in tears, and asked if we were bad. I asked what she meant, and she asked if we were “bad for being Jews”. Immediately my flags go up, I reassure her, and I ask where she heard this. It turned out the little boy (let’s call him Paul, about 8M) across the street asked what Santa brought her. Emily said we don’t get gifts from Santa. Paul asked if it was because she was bad, and she said it’s because we’re Jewish. Paul told her Santa only doesn’t bring gifts if you’re bad, so Emily drew that conclusion. I explained the Santa thing to my daughter, and swore her to secrecy. She went back out, and I watched out the window. I figured it was ok- until they started yelling.

I ran outside and over, as did Paul’s mom (we’ll call her Gina, she had been out front during this). I grabbed Emily and Gina grabbed Paul, who was crying.

Turned out Paul had started taunting Emily again, and she told him Santa wasn’t real. Gina was livid, said my “brat” had no right, so we had words. I argued that he was teasing my daughter, and it wasn’t our fault that she lied to him. Paul started crying harder at this and asked if it was true. Gina called me an rear end in a top hat, grabbed her son, and marched him in.

I know “lied” has strong negative connotations, and I feel guilty for ruining Santa for him. But at the same time, my daughter is my priority. AITA?

Edit- I keep being asked this; she had been told in the past simply that Santa didn’t come to our house because we don’t celebrate Christmas. It’s a simple, easy, and truthful explanation that avoids a small child accidentally letting the truth slip.

UPDATE: Things escalated. Gina’s husband came home from work, and I guess she told him what happened as he over and pounded on our door, yelling for us to “get our k*ke asses out here”. I called 911. When they got here, he was still pounding and shouting about kicking my husband’s rear end, and said something to the police officers. He was taken away in cuffs. We are in the car on the way to my mother’s; thankfully Emily was there after today so she wasn’t here for any of that. I feel the worst for Paul in all of this. He’s a bully, but he doesn’t deserve this. No kid does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Mx. posted:

Straight guy came out the other side of the pandemic in a same sex relationship (I think)

How were they single for so long if they both wash their asses???

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Hughlander posted:

AITA for telling my neighbor that it isn’t my fault that she lied to her kid?

The world would be a much better place if stand your ground was done to instead of by people that neighbor.

Also why is this person even asking if they’re the rear end in a top hat?????

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
AITA for making my daughter do all the Post-Christmas celebration cleaning because of the gift she gave to my wife?

quote:

I've been with my wife for 4 an a half years. She suffered from breast cancer and we got married after she completed her treatment. This is also our first Christmas together as a married couple. I have a 16 y.o. daughter who can tolerate but not accept her stepmom and can be passive aggressive towards her sometimes. She's done somethings in the past that warented a number of punishements but my wife has been graceful and forgiving saying my daughter is being a typical teeanger and trying to adapt but in my opinion she has gotten out of control especially with lack of consequences.
There's been tension around the holiday and suprisingly my daughter decided to spend Christmas with us saying her mom went to visit her futur stepdad's family few towns over. My wife was thrilled with my daughter staying with us. She prepared everything and I helped here and there while my daughter was on her phone the entire time. I welcomed my inlaws and we had a great time throughout the day. Christmas dinner went fine though my wife seemed a bit upset. She refused to say what's wrong til I pressured her. She then opened the box my daughter got her for Christmas and there was a bra inside it. My wife broke down crying in the kitchen. I was fuming I called for my daughter and confronted her about the gift and she tried to explain it wasn't malicious but I disagreed and said yes it was and it was purposfully done to offend her stepmom and mock her illness. I decided to punish her by having her do all the cleaning after the guests left but she tried to evade it by saying ok then turning around and calling her stepbrother to come pick her up and take her to her mothers house. I caught her at the door and kicked her stepbrother out and told her to start cleaning up immediately. She went hysteric yelling about how cruel I was to punish her on Christmas and how insensitive and unlady like my wife was to be offended by the bra. I refused to engage in her yelling matches and made sure she did all the cleaning which my wife said was a lot and asked me to let my daughter go to her mom's house but I insisted not until the punishement was complete.
My daughter called her stepbrother again and left later. She immediately called her mom who came after me on sm and berated me for doing what I did and ruining Christmas for her. I had a argument with her about what our daughter did but she sided with her and called me abusive and a robot controlled by my wife though my wife asked me to let it go.
She got my former inlaws involved and they have been criticizing me about what I did.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for telling my future MIL we won't be having kids?

quote:

I(28F) and my fiancé (29M) have our wedding set for July 2022. We have a ton of planning that we still need to get done, but we are both very excited. I grew up basically raising my younger brother and sister as my parents were always working and almost never home. My brother and sister went off to college and are living on their own. I decided that I did not want kids in the future.

My fiancé and I have talked about the future and about kids. We did have some indifferences about the topic on kids, but he told me that he gave it some thought and was fine with not having kids. His parents are very much in our life and will ask constantly if we are going to have kids. His sister(32F) and husband(33M) unfortunately are unable to have kids. As a result, his mother has put everything onto me as the one to give her grandchildren.

The holidays came around and we were all spending the holidays at his parent's house. We are planning on building a house a year after the wedding and were talking about current ideas for the house. Fiancé's mother asks what about some bedrooms for your future kids? My fiancé groans and says mom, can you please drop the subject of kids? She gets defensive and says well, since your sister and her husband can't have any, you and OP are my only options. I had enough and say I will not be having kids in the future. His mother knocks over her glass and looks at me saying the holiday is over. Everyone can leave now.

Fiancé and I quickly left and spent the ride back talking about the evening. We talked everything out and he was upset with my response. He thinks I should have just lied and changed the subject. His mother had sent a few messages to me calling me out for making a decision without consulting them. It has gone as far as her saying that her son deserves a woman that will have kids with him.

AITA for telling my future MIL we won't be having kids?

Give us your uterus!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Dramatika posted:

AITA for making my daughter do all the Post-Christmas celebration cleaning because of the gift she gave to my wife?

gently caress me that kid is cruel.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Mx. posted:

Straight guy came out the other side of the pandemic in a same sex relationship (I think)

I hope someone tells OP he and his boyfriend can be a couple and not have sex if he doesn't want to. It's totally allowed. No one will take away their Couples' License.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

The world would be a much better place if stand your ground was done to instead of by people that neighbor.

Also why is this person even asking if they’re the rear end in a top hat?????

If only.

To farm karma (reddit likes) and possibly gold (real money)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

I hope someone tells OP he and his boyfriend can be a couple and not have sex if he doesn't want to. It's totally allowed. No one will take away their Couples' License.

It's a thing in australian law that a relationship being non-conjugal specifically does not prevent it from being considered a de-facto marriage.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Dramatika posted:

Answer to this one depends on if he cheated on her mom with the stepmom imo.

vdarknight
Jul 4, 2007

With regards to the chili lube thing - I know someone who thought to have toothpaste in her mouth whilst going down on her husband. Didn't go so well.
Apparently it's not particularly arousing to see your partner with his dick in the sink, swearing profusely.

Tho' I do think it's very, very funny.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I worked at a football stadium making cocktails with Jalapeno peppers in them, and one of my coworkers uh, didn't think that through and wash their hands properly when it came to having fun later with themselves.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

RoboRodent posted:

It's real.

Newfoundland is... unique, shall we say.

E: lol it's on Wikipedia. Read the bit on the "screech-in." I admit that pressuring someone into it is not generally how it's supposed to go, to my understanding.

Yeah. the only people who I've seen do it are, like, people who came here knowing about it and intending to do it because of the quaint mystique. I don't know anyone who lives here who cares about it as a ritual. It's just a thing for tourists to do.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for picking a fight and telling my dad to "Grow up" over a used pad.

quote:

Am I (M15) the rear end in a top hat for telling my dad to "Grow up" over him being upset at used pads in our bathroom trash.

My 12 year old sister got her first period a few days ago. It was rather stressful for her since her whole life she's lived in a house with no other women. With the help of a few female friends, I ended up getting her all the stuff she needed and a few friends taught her what she needed to know. It was a rough start with lots of cleaning, but she's gotten the hang of it. My dad didn't help much, in fact I don't think he even knew she had gotten her period before today when he saw a used pad in the bathroom trash, I heard him complaining about it to my sister and I stepped in.

I was already irritated as about 20 minutes before that me and my dad got into a light argument. He was saying she shouldn't just be "laying these around" and he didn't want to see bloody products in his bathroom. I told him that it wasn't a big deal, it was one pad with some toilet paper on top. If it bothered him so much all he had to do was take some more toilet paper and shove it down. That's when the argument got worse, and we were both borderline yelling at each other. When I said

"This whole thing is stupid, it's just a little bit of loving blood. It was in the trash and was mostly covered. Grow the hell up"

He didn't take kindly to that, and bit back saying it's not immature for him not to want my sister's blood stained pads around his space aswell. That it's gross and isn't his problem so he shouldn't have to see it.

I was already pissed off, and it's not like I know what I'm talking about when it comes to periods and such, in hindsight that probably didn't need to escalate to that big of a fight. Aita?

Edit: NGL, I expected ALOT more people to call me the rear end in a top hat. Thank you all for the kind words and help. I showed my sister a few of you guy's comments and she loved them. Thank you!

Edit 2: Jesus Christ thank you for the platinum, it's insane seeing how people are treating this as a big deal. To me it just felt like the minimum I could do for my sister. It's wild seeing how many young kids gone through the same thing but without someone to do the same for them.

Edit 3: Thank you for all the kind words and awards. My sister and I greatly appreciate you all. Aswell as all the help your giving us! I'm reading literally every single one of your replies. Thank you.

grown men being upset periods exist is evergreen material

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Straight marriages being considered illegitimate for being purely transactions of convenience is loving hilarious given their history of being almost exclusively that.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Khizan posted:

Answer to this one depends on if he cheated on her mom with the stepmom imo.

The gently caress is wrong with you?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Cowslips Warren posted:

here is what I don't get. Now, I don't have a penis, but for those that do, and like it, isn't any reason a good reason to touch it? Wash it, clean it, tug one out? Or is it the toddler contrarian that screams NO You Can't Make Me! when it comes to basic poo poo like cleaning your dick?

Since I don’t think anyone else actually mentioned this, just touching you own dick isn’t actually stimulating at all. I figure it’s about as exciting as putting on a bra or wiping after a piss. I guess you could use soaping it up as an excuse to rub one out, but that does not sound at all like a party to me.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Total Meatlove posted:

I think (hope??) that they meant the daughter's view on the stepmother. I'm NOT saying that what she did was ok by any stretch of the imagination! Just that the hatred towards her would be more understandable if dad cheated on mum with her.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Since I don’t think anyone else actually mentioned this, just touching you own dick isn’t actually stimulating at all. I figure it’s about as exciting as putting on a bra or wiping after a piss. I guess you could use soaping it up as an excuse to rub one out, but that does not sound at all like a party to me.

Yeah, it's like tickling yourself. If someone with a penis gives it a quick touch to aim piss or retuck/adjust in underwear it is not stimulating sexually.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for jokingly saying that my youngest daughter's boyfriend would be a better match for my oldest daughter?

quote:

I (51f) have two daughters, Lily (24f) and Tina (22f). I love my two daughters equally, but Lily has always been my "favorite" since we have so much in common. Tina has always been a bit of a tomboy, so she's my husband's darling, but that doesn't bother me and we're a good family.

A few months ago, Tina started dating Philip, a friend of hers from college. Philip is a very sweet, polite and respectful boy. Like I said before, Tina is a bit of a tomboy and I thought she would change now that she has a boyfriend, but she hasn't changed at all, which annoys me a bit.

Lily recently broke up with her boyfriend of several years and has been a bit depressed about it. I know it will make me sound bad, but I've noticed that Philip has much more in common with Lily than with Tina, and the times I see them together at home I think they make a good couple. I clarify that Philip completely adores Tina and that he has never approached Lily with ulterior motives.

When I say they have things in common, I mean it: same musical tastes, same aspirations and they already know what to do with their lives, while Tina continues to drift regarding her future. I've come to think that a good boy like Philip is missing out on my youngest daughter.

At the last family dinner, Tina invited Philip over. Since he's a very polite boy, he brought chocolates for Tina and flowers for Lily, which is not unusual because he always brings gifts for everyone. It seemed very sweet to me since Lily's break up was very difficult and her ex never gave her flowers. While Tina put away the chocolates, Philip stayed talking to Lily and they really looked great together.

I jokingly said "You two look so great together. Maybe you're dating my wrong daughter." I insist that it was a joke, but no one laughed. Behind me, Tina ran into her room and my husband followed her. Lily looked at me like I was a monster and Philip turned red, swearing that he only brought the flowers as a friendly gesture with no such intentions. In the end, Philip went home and dinner was ruined.

My husband was mad at me for saying that and now Tina was feeling insecure about her relationship. At the same time, Lily complained to me that now her sister hates her more than before for being too close with her boyfriend, just when they were beginning to get along (they never got along because they're very different). I didn't mean to hurt my daughter, it was just an innocent joke. So, AITA?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

I have it on good authority that you can, in fact, tickle yourself when it comes to sexual stimulation of the penis.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for jokingly saying that my youngest daughter's boyfriend would be a better match for my oldest daughter?

Although I meant what I said with 100% sincerity, and here are my excruciatingly awful & detailed reasons for thinking that way, what I said was just an innocent joke. How could my monstrous family think I'm the rear end in a top hat?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Crazy how everyone just completely freaked out and overreacted to this one innocent completely isolated comment.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

This is 2 days old so sorry if it got posted already, I am bad at threadsearch

I like to creep around my home and act like a goblin

quote:

I don’t know why but I just enjoy doing this. Maybe it’s my way of dealing with stress or something but I just do it about once every week. Generally I’ll carry around a sack and creep around in a sort of crouch-walking position making goblin noises, then I’ll walk around my house and pick up various different “trinkets” and put them in my bag while saying stuff like “I’ll be having that” and laughing maniacally in my goblin voice (“trinkets” can include anything from poo poo I find on the ground to cutlery or other utensils). The other day I was talking with my neighbours and they mentioned hearing weird noises like what I wrote about and I was just internally screaming the entire conversation. I’m 99% sure they don’t know it’s me but god that 1% chance is seriously weighing on my mind.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
ATIA for causing "drama" after a huge misunderstanding with my brother?

quote:

I (F38 at the time) and my brother (M46 at the time) recently had a huge misunderstanding and now my family hates me. I just need to know if I'm in the wrong, I will accept my judgement.

A bit of backstory, my brother and I got along really well, we were friends most of our lives. But he recently got a new job and came into a lot of power and idk I think it changed him. Slowly we drifted apart and it made me really sad but I was happy for him to live his best life. I had a lot going on in my life too, I have 4 kids and a loving husband to take care of, so maybe I also was to blame for us losing touch.

Anyway, a few years passed and my brother would occasionally reach out to me asking me to join his business, it was always a different position and I always accepted because we're family and we look after each other.

Eventually an opportunity arose for his daughter (my niece) and my son (his nephew) to get married (in my culture this is allowed and even encouraged). My niece is the smartest little girl I'd ever seen, some would even say she was a genius. I figured, why don't I ask my brother? So I did, but he declined!!!

Apparently, in our years apart, he had lost affection for me. I was so upset!! I hadn't done anything wrong! But, I calmed down. I thought, okay you know what I'm going to talk to him and get him to change his mind, I'm sure I can sway him and get him to see it from my perspective. But every time I talked to him, he wouldn't listen!! And I could tell that every unsuccessful attempt I made only made him dislike me more.

Talking to him was getting me nowhere, I'd have to make him see my point of view. So I started thinking, what was the best way to do this? I had a friend who was very good at planning and thinking outside the box so I roped him into it too and eventually we had some potential dirt on him. I knew he'd listen if his reputation was on the line. But before I could do anything, he caught on to what I was doing!!! And now he hated me!!

I was at my wits end. Nothing I was doing was working, and the brother who I once loved so dearly now despised me. He'd never agree to a marriage now. So I decided to just let it go. Maybe one day he would change his mind, but for now I was just going to focus on my family and my job.

After a while, I get notified that my brother excommunicated me from our church?!?! That's so messed up, seriously. I had a brother who hated me, an unmarried son, and now I don't have a church.

I admit, this next part makes me look really bad but I do think a lot of it was justified. I decided that if he wasn't going to listen to me, I was going to get back at him and get revenge. So I started talking to his wife more and more. She was a lovely girl, and she seemed to really like me too.

Eventually the inevitable happened and we accidentally slept together. It was only the one time (at first), but eventually we grew genuine feelings for each other and we just kept seeing either other.

My brother inevitably found out, of course. and of course, he was very upset by this. In retaliation he tried to get me fired from my job! I NEED this job, without it, I have nothing! So I fought back, I had a heap of friends I quickly asked for help, and I hired many lawyers. Somehow, I fended him off and managed to keep my job, but now my brother utterly despised me. And to be honest, after excommunicating me and trying to get me fired, I hated him too.

So I started to wish really bad things on my brother (I'm sure we're all guilty of things like this at one point in our lives), at first they were just fantasies, I wanted to see him suffer. But then, it actually somehow turned into a reality! A spider crawled into his bed at night and bit him and he DIED! I was so shocked and upset. Although I hated him, he didn't deserve to die like that.

But the weirdest part is that not long after, his wife also mysteriously died. She was mugged one night and they killed her! And then, his two children
also coincidentally died too! His daughter choked one night at a dinner party and couldn't be resuscitated. And his son was found dead one night in the hallway, having been murdered by an intruder.

I had NOTHING to do with those freak coincidences! But now my family HATES me and they call me "Kinslayer"!

I'm now 67 years old, I don't have much time left in this world and I'd hate for my final years to be filled with so much sorrow and hatred from my dear family. I just need to know if I did the wrong thing, and if I should apologise, or am I doing the right thing and just try to live out the rest of my days distanced from my family. AITA?

TL;DR: I DID NOT MURDER MY FAMILY.

EDIT: I DID NOT MURDER MY FAMILY!!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

So this is from some sort of popular fiction property, right?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

BabyFur Denny posted:

r/CrusaderKings

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

I want to be a goblin, that sounds like fun.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

BabyFur Denny posted:

YTA for not reforming your faith so dynastic kinslaying is accepted.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

BabyFur Denny posted:

Which series is that?

fake edit: goddamnit, the excommunication should have been a giveaway.

Total Meatlove posted:

I've been thinking about this thread a bit lately, mostly because I noticed that I follow it quite a bit more closely since quitting Twitter and I wanted to figure out why.

As far as I can tell, this thread is an circlejerk of righteous indignation against those who don't fit a specific moral code and, not unlike other mock threads, it tends to become a bit fart huffing/toxic every once in a while. And that's when hot takes like these come up.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

a podcast for cats posted:

Which series is that?

fake edit: goddamnit, the excommunication should have been a giveaway

I dunno, was thinking Mormons.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Malört is amazing :cheersdoge:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Which series is that?

fake edit: goddamnit, the excommunication should have been a giveaway.

I've been thinking about this thread a bit lately, mostly because I noticed that I follow it quite a bit more closely since quitting Twitter and I wanted to figure out why.

As far as I can tell, this thread is an circlejerk of righteous indignation against those who don't fit a specific moral code and, not unlike other mock threads, it tends to become a bit fart huffing/toxic every once in a while. And that's when hot takes like these come up.

Oh yeah, it definitely does. There's a lot of trying to fit posts into pre-established patterns and stating opinions as absolute facts. In some ways I consider it to be the charm of this occasionally unhinged thread. I think Teen Witch does her best trying to keep it from getting too insane, though.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Let me know who is forcing you to read it and I’ll give them a sixer

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I've been thinking about this thread a bit lately...

I've identified your first mistake.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Only once in a while?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

Malört is amazing :cheersdoge:

The only post in this thread that isn't fake

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

True thing: this picture was taken after everyone in it just had their first ever shot of Malört

Also: https://youtu.be/q7s16ewP1RU

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 27, 2021

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Isn't Malört the internet story of that place where all the dragons and unicorns live and gently caress?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Refusing to kiss a gross dried dead fish that god knows how many other people have slobbered on and rubbed their faces all over in the time of covid is wise and I will stand by this

Ain't no way anyone cleans that drat fish

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Dec 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

teen witch posted:

Let me know who is forcing you to read it and I’ll give them a sixer

Guilty, I’m doing a clockwork orange on them right now. He’s tied to a keyboard unable to look away or log off and can only :justpost: about it