Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
Perfect snype.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
If you don't get it, you probably live in Westdeutschland. :v:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I assume Tarifbereich A is the posh Zugezogene who drive home over the holidays (although this implicitly would consider Schwaben Westdeutschland, which is inaccurate but a common mistake).

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
B basically is suburbs and C is what the gently caress do you mean I need an extra ticket for the airport

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Das offizielle Impfportal Sachsen hat die 6 Monate Wartezeit vor dem Booster nun auch gekippt. Hab mir gerade eine Dosis von Karls gutem Stoff für Silvester gesichert.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Seitengewehr-Madame

Des Spiegels Saum

Bayonetta & Mirror's Edge

Die Welt der Panzerkampfwagen

e: Das unbenannte Gänsespiel

Tanzpalast der Seligen

Kelchkopp

Untitled Goose Game, Cuphead, Disco Elysium

lllllllllllllllllll fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Dec 28, 2021

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Die Welt der Panzerkampfwagen

Leicht- und Schwertraktoren :ssh:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Lol. Lmao, even.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem
West- und Ostklasse.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
How about raising the taxes on the rich to 99,9% instead so they can't pay for Bonzenkarren anymore and have to take the Öffis?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Perestroika posted:

Lol. Lmao, even.

things that wont happen.txt

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
gotta lol at "internationale verkehrsexperten" too, these people definitely know what they are talking about when it comes to berlin and definitely take the öffis all the time

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
on further thought i do like idea of a 1st class u bahn section because it would immediately be taken over by homeless people and it would be nice for them

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Btw Elmex/aronal redesign dropped

https://twitter.com/schayanriaz/status/1475840725631836164?s=21

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
They aren‘t the most trustworthy after this nonsense imo

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Sorry to interrupt toothpaste chat. Is there any indication that the new coalition will actually reduce the requirements for naturalization in the coming couple of years? Are Koalitionsverträge actually followed somehow in Germany, or are their promises going to go the way of Biden's student debt relief? I'm mostly hoping that they will allow me to keep my current citizenship, which would probably influence my decision to continue working and living in Germany.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Greatest Living Man posted:

Sorry to interrupt toothpaste chat. Is there any indication that the new coalition will actually reduce the requirements for naturalization in the coming couple of years? Are Koalitionsverträge actually followed somehow in Germany, or are their promises going to go the way of Biden's student debt relief? I'm mostly hoping that they will allow me to keep my current citizenship, which would probably influence my decision to continue working and living in Germany.

This is also a thing that my life is hinging on too, unfortunately iirc Koalitionsverträge are worth about as much as the paper they're printed on as far as a guarantee goes. Pretty sure the last GroKo Vertrag had something in it about Glasfaser being everywhere and welp.

I'm optimistic though but largely because I have to be. I already submitted my Einbürgerung paperwork either way, so if they do take some action, hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Drone posted:

This is also a thing that my life is hinging on too, unfortunately iirc Koalitionsverträge are worth about as much as the paper they're printed on as far as a guarantee goes. Pretty sure the last GroKo Vertrag had something in it about Glasfaser being everywhere and welp.

I'm optimistic thought but largely because I have to be. I already submitted my Einbürgerung paperwork either way, so if they do take some action, hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Glad to know someone else here is in the same boat. I will likely apply for my Niederlassungserlaubnis (currently on a blaue Karte) this year. If I leave for more than 6 months with the permanent residency though, I guess my dauerhafter Aufenthalt in Germany is unterbrochen and I'd have to start from the beginning again?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

This is a bit in the "depends" category. For more general promises, this can vary between governments. But generally, when something is an issue important to one of the coalition partners and they expend negotiation capital to get that issue written into the Koalitionsvertrag, they will pressure the other parties to fulfill their promise to pass relevant legislation/change regulations. If the other parties don't follow through on their promise, this can even lead to coalitions failing (unless one is the spineless SPD in a grand coalition...).

But on this specific issue, there's a high chance that the Ampelkoalition will keep their promise. The last Red-Green coalition already tried to pass an overhauled Einwanderungsgesetz, but had just barely not enough votes (to cut a longer story short, it was complicated). The CDU were the main opponents of that measure, and they also prevented anything meaningful being done about this issue the last 16 years. But if anything, SPD and Greens want an even more liberal law than the one they passed in the early 2000s, and the FDP are also on record of favoring more liberal immigration standards. I wouldn't hold my breath for any meaningful progressive economic policy changes, but I'd be majorly surprised if they didn't pas a new Einwanderungsgesetzt.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Are you positive you don‘t wanna talk about toothpaste instead? Anyway…

It‘s been possible to reside indefinitely and work in Germany with a Niederlassungserlaubnis / permit to settle, but I am not sure how you can get one except for the exact corcumstances my wife had - finish uni and live here for 8 years.

But regarding the Koalition, I guess everything has been said already. We can only hope. Current reports have me hopeful that the people currently in charge show a tiny little bit of competency which I am happy about for now.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Ab 2022, Straßen voller bekifften Neubürgern.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Glad to know someone else here is in the same boat. I will likely apply for my Niederlassungserlaubnis (currently on a blaue Karte) this year. If I leave for more than 6 months with the permanent residency though, I guess my dauerhafter Aufenthalt in Germany is unterbrochen and I'd have to start from the beginning again?

Just call your local Staatsbügerschaftsstelle and ask. Mine were very helpful on the phone and even more so in the in-person meeting.

I'm currently on a blaue Karte as well, but I'm also married to a German. I asked the Sachbearbeiterin a hypothetical scenario (leaving the country on an extended work assignment) and she told me that the ongoing Einürgerungsantrag is just placed on a sort of "hold" until I return to the country. The clock doesn't reset to zero, at least in the specific case where an Antrag was already gestellt.

But yeah just call them and ask.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

I'm optimistic though but largely because I have to be. I already submitted my Einbürgerung paperwork either way, so if they do take some action, hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Even if there is trouble, just keep at it. At least you (hopefully) only have to deal with German Behördenunsinn. A friend of my mother recently got his Einbürgerung and for him it was an uphill battle, the German side did all they could to accommodate him since he had been living in Germany since childhood, but the other side was Pakistan.

Pakistani authorities dragged things out immensely by doing poo poo like only submitting paperwork in their own language (he had to pay for translators out of pocket since he couldn't speak Pakistani, then again when the translators for some reason translated into English, which the German authorities refused to accept) and demanding repeated payments before releasing him from Pakistani citizenship. Which was non-trivial to communicate, since Pakistan's equivalent Behörde kept refusing to use a language he could actually understand. At several steps, he was close to giving up, but my mother kept pestering him until he continued trying to become German.

So, it can always be worse! The Kafkaesk nightmare could be coming from the other side!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Libluini posted:

So, it can always be worse! The Kafkaesk nightmare could be coming from the other side!

The US hasn't processed a single renunciation of citizenship request since March 2020, and the State Department will not give any indication on when this will resume, "because of covid".

So yes, the Kafkaesque nightmare is indeed not on the German side in this scenario. If the new Einwanderungsgesetz relaxes its stance on doppelte Staatsbürgerschaft, than this becomes less of an issue for me.

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Libluini posted:

couldn't speak Pakistani

yeah, 'cause such a language doesn't exist :)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Spin And Speed posted:

yeah, 'cause such a language doesn't exist :)

my mother doesn't know how the language is called, and he also doesn't, since he never spoke it

edit:

Die Behörde and the translator called it "Pakistanisch" however, so I went with this

Spin And Speed
Apr 3, 2019

Libluini posted:

Die Behörde and the translator called it "Pakistanisch" however

aahaha that's priceless :D
If I had to guess it's probably Urdu. Like, only few have this as their first language there, but most everyone understands it, usually as second language. And as such has the status of national language (beside English only).

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Drone posted:

The US hasn't processed a single renunciation of citizenship request since March 2020, and the State Department will not give any indication on when this will resume, "because of covid".

So yes, the Kafkaesque nightmare is indeed not on the German side in this scenario. If the new Einwanderungsgesetz relaxes its stance on doppelte Staatsbürgerschaft, than this becomes less of an issue for me.

Lawyer up and chances are you get Doppelt right now.

If you cannot leave present citizenship despite trying, you are entitled to doppelt. But you will have to sue for it probably.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Haramstufe Rot posted:

Lawyer up and chances are you get Doppelt right now.

If you cannot leave present citizenship despite trying, you are entitled to doppelt. But you will have to sue for it probably.

There's a one-year backlog on Einbürgerungsanträge here in Hessen right now anyway, so there's not a huge rush.

The Sachbearbeiterin did advise me to semi-regularly attempt to get the US Behörden to take some action via email (just so it's documented) so this can be used as an argument in case the need to lawyer up comes. But right now there's no hurry, especially if it looks like the law might be changed anyway.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
im getting some good ads today

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

same energy

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

drat, greta bout to drop a killer rhyme

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I, for one, welcome our Robothunberg overlord.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/shortamlimit/status/1476132843562708993?s=21

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

So, are Berliner really made by carefully falting Pfannkuchen into the appropriate form around a lump of jam, or what is this mess supposed to mean?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Libluini posted:

So, are Berliner really made by carefully falting Pfannkuchen into the appropriate form around a lump of jam, or what is this mess supposed to mean?

The Gebäck you're seeing in that picture is properly called a Pfannkuchen, but some people improperly call them Berliner, and call a wholly different recipe Pfannkuchen for some reason.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Torrannor posted:

The Gebäck you're seeing in that picture is properly called a Pfannkuchen, but some people improperly call them Berliner, and call a wholly different recipe Pfannkuchen for some reason.

Now listen here bucko,

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
to be fair, if I make Pfannkuchen and someone looks at that and goes "ah, nice Berliner", I would think they're insane, too

Apfelstücke go well with Pfannkuchen, by the way. Apply either Puderzucker or a drop of honey to the endproduct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Klöße are technically Pfannkuchen. Furthermore, in this essay I will