Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I drafted McCaffrey with the 1st.

CMC was the consensus #1. Barkley wasn’t even a first round pick in a lot of rankings. He called his shot taking Barkley at #3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Where are my fellow Calvin Ridley in the 2nd drafters at?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dkj posted:

CMC was the consensus #1. Barkley wasn’t even a first round pick in a lot of rankings. He called his shot taking Barkley at #3.
Ah, fair point. I guess I'm sour on it because he was the consensus and I just went with it when I was high on Henry and JT but just... went with it and hindsight is 20/20.

I'm looking forward to JT being the consensus next year and he'll get hurt.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Is Isaiah Mackenzie trustable with Beasley out for another week? Or is he a one time wonder that will burn me if I start him over Mooney?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Varg posted:

I also drafted Ridley in the 2nd and then immediately traded him as part of a package that also netted me Tyreek and Kyler. :smuggo:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Floofy posted:

Is Isaiah Mackenzie trustable with Beasley out for another week? Or is he a one time wonder that will burn me if I start him over Mooney?

The Pats were pretty focused on limiting Diggs and Knox, plus with Beasley out, McKenzie benefited. I was thinking about picking him up this past week and playing him, but Beasley’s actually got a chance to clear protocols by Sunday, and given they’re not playing the Pats, you’re looking at a Hail Mary type of player in the finals.

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Varg posted:

Somehow in the finals and no idea how. Especially since I also drafted Allen Robinson in the 3rd

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do I start Robby Anderson, Allen Robinson, Marquez Callaway, Laquon Treadwell, or Hunter Henry over Terry McLaurin in a PPR league?

I just can’t stand seeing another ~5 point showing in my finals starting lineup.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Floofy posted:

Yeah, no, Mooney is solid. He's got prime talent: Watching the All-22s footage from 2020 I was constantly shocked about how wide open he would get, consistently (and how badly Mitch Trubs would not see how open he was)

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

Varg posted:

My one non-playoff team had CMC, Ridley, and CEH as its first three picks. Swift in the 4th was good through the first 2/3 of the season, at least.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Floofy posted:

Just in case you were still thinking of starting McKenzie over Mooney:

https://twitter.com/buffalobillspr/status/1476213954640809984?s=21

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Varg posted:

Hello, also took Deandre Hopkins with the next pick. Luckily was able to get Pittman and Renfrow off waivers to salvage my WR depth

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Varg posted:

I traded Chuba for Ridley, who was drafted in the 1st. Does that count?

I got exactly one (terrible) game out of Ridley.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Joe Burrow’s game log from my crazy 1 point per completion league:

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Would you guys trade Michael Thomas for Brandon Aiyuk in dynasty PPR? Team is pretty good but very young and probably won't win it all next year (other wideouts are Jerry Jeudy, Chase Claypool, Devonta Smith).

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

generic one posted:

Just in case you were still thinking of starting McKenzie over Mooney:

https://twitter.com/buffalobillspr/status/1476213954640809984?s=21

Not anymore!! Hopefully Chicago is able to start a QB this week.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ty1990 posted:

Would you guys trade Michael Thomas for Brandon Aiyuk in dynasty PPR? Team is pretty good but very young and probably won't win it all next year (other wideouts are Jerry Jeudy, Chase Claypool, Devonta Smith).
I personally feel like Thomas is probably done being the fantasy demigod he was especially because he is probably done in NO and Brees retired. Aiyuk can still turn it around so I would probably do it.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

If you're not competing yet, aim for players who are going to be in their prime when your championship window is open. Michael Thomas is old(ish), has barely played over the past two years, and there are a lot of question marks in NO. He's still got name recognition, though, so see if you can finagle a little something on top of Aiyuk, even if it's just Thomas + 3rd round pick for Aiyuk + 2nd round pick

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

e: My first double post!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Covid sure is something.

I’m in the finals.

Do we think Elijah Mitchell is gonna play?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I personally feel like Thomas is probably done being the fantasy demigod he was especially because he is probably done in NO and Brees retired. Aiyuk can still turn it around so I would probably do it.

That might be a positive though. NO doesn’t have a good QB and probably won’t for a bit. Thomas could end up somewhere where he can produce again. Though I think you’re right in that he won’t be what he used to be.

Aiyuk feels like a gamble. Shanahan doesn’t seem to be a good man manager and not very good at anything besides play design/calling. He also seems petty and doesn’t feel committed to the resources spent on players.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Made it to the finals on fumes based on a team almost entirely made up of situationally useful free agents (Jeff Wilson, Justin Jackson) and with guys like Damien Harris where injury to their timeshare increases their value. Now those all seem to be ending and I will likely end up with 70 points. For drafted players I only have my 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks in my lineup, the rest are all free agents. I went from too many solid RB starts last week to none this week.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 29, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

I would, yes. Although I agree to try to get a sweetener added if you can.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Would you guys play Javonte or Darrell this week. No ppr?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

ChocolatePancake posted:

Would you guys play Javonte or Darrell this week. No ppr?

Darrell's on IR.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Darrell's on IR.

Soooo which one would you start?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Is it Darrell as in Darrell Henderson or Darrel as in Darrel Williams? Pretty big difference there.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm Larry, this is my brother, Darryl, and this is my other brother, Darryl.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Should I start D. Williams over Darrel?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Sorry, I mean which Williams would you start, Javonte or Darrel. Keep going back and forth on it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm starting Javonte but I also believe in the King of Angry Runs this season

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Javonte, hands down. He's gonna feast and the Raiders are on the verge of a defensive covid outbreak

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Well, Javonte is playing the Chargers this week, and I'm concerned that Lock might still be starting. Still got him in the starting spot for now.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I have Melvin Gordon and I'm worried about it too. If he put up .5 against the raiders what the hell is gonna happen

Edit: Javonte put up 7 rushes for 12yds and a TD against the Raiders covid backups. That offense is in shambles.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 30, 2021

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Someone please tell me that Kyler Murray is still in DSYS territory, even without Hopkins and against the Dallas D. Tell me not to tinker myself out of a championship. Tell me that Trey Lance isn't looking good right now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

Someone please tell me that Kyler Murray is still in DSYS territory, even without Hopkins and against the Dallas D. Tell me not to tinker myself out of a championship. Tell me that Trey Lance isn't looking good right now.

I’m starting Trey assuming he starts, but I’ve been streaming QB all year. My other choices are Tua and Huntley.

Fortune favors the bold and stupid.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
If Lamar is out, I'm going Huntley. Not that I have a lot of better options.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stafford over Kyler Murray again this week, correct?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

Stafford over Kyler Murray again this week, correct?

Against Baltimore? gently caress yeah. Look what Burrow did against them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
My only hope against my championship rival is that the GB/MIN game is so goddamn cold that Justin Jefferson and Davante Adams have a real hard time catching stuff.