Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
A........ good landlord???

AITA if I move out now?

quote:

My lease is up in April, and I told my roommate, Eddie, I’m not renewing It. We have known each other since college, but I want to move in with my girlfriend.

My roommate took it hard and has been, disrespectful to my girlfriend to the point she’s no longer coming over. He went as far as yesterday sending a bunch of crazy texts about her, and if she spends the night, he’s charging me an extra $100 a night.

I showed these to my landlord, and he told me, here’s the thing. I have a cute place now, and it will not be on the market for long. He said I could break my lease and move out if Eddie wants to act like a crazy rear end in a top hat that’s on him. Eddie has had trouble paying his share of the rent. I don't know the agreement they have, but I know he had to get rent assistance from the state. This was a problem that I had to deal with my landlord about for my share.

My nagging suspicion is he’s getting ready to evict Eddie if I do this. He hasn’t been the best tenant. He caused problems here and there with other people. Eddie told my landlord he didn’t have to pay rent during the rent freeze, so he didn’t. He knew he put the landlord in a bind by forcing him to renew the lease for another year because of COVID

The place my girlfriend and I looked into was perfect for us, and my landlord offered to have my deposit from my old place used to cover the new place. He said I had been a great tenant, and he was happy to help.

I can move in now with my girlfriend into a refurbished apartment next week and not worry about what will happen to Eddie.
I feel like I’m leaving my friend high and dry on this. I won’t get this opportunity again because this building always has a waitlist. I feel like I’m put in a rough spot right now, and I don’t know of Eddie’s situation, and I don’t want to see him get evicted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Cthulu Carl posted:

The music would probably give him a better living than the philosophy degree

A Bachelor of Arts degree serves as one of two things; a springboard to higher academic achievement such as a PhD, or as proof that the holder holds a standardized set of academic qualifications that suits them for a broad category of what is known as "office work".

Anyone with a BA has a demonstrated ability to:

Navigate an arcane and sometimes inimical bureaucracy.
Self-manage your time with competing priorities.
Perform research and present your results.
Summarize large quantities of information.
Successfully complete individual and group projects.
Plays well with others in a group situation.

Don't think of a BA as "I'm a babby philosophy person", look at as a set of qualifications for doing useful, intellectual work in a group setting. I'm in IT at a major biotech, and our Quality group has BAs in Music Theory and History approving GxP documents that the FDA will look at. They started with a BA and a good attitude, and now medicines for severe diseases pass through their hands on the way to our patients.

If someone wants to get into it about the really shamed degrees, like gender or ethnic studies, then my Marketing group would like to have a word with you. We're also developing a whole new role of Patient Advocate. And to top it off, we have a big push into inclusive medicine going on, so both of those degrees will be in demand. Outside of my company, those disciplines both spend a lot of time looking at demographic statistics. There's applications for that all over the place, the trick is finding an entry-level position.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Nutjob posted:

I am like a living branch of a tree. I was once a bacterium and once a plant, 60 Mio years ago a mouse and 100k years ago a monkey and now I am a human, in 200 years a cyborg, in 2000 years a robot.

Everything that I needed to remember from my journey, I wrote down using DNA.

How is he planning on getting his DNA into the robot?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for refusing to make lasagna?

Memento Mori (relationship) Lasagna

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

mllaneza posted:

A Bachelor of Arts degree serves as one of two things; a springboard to higher academic achievement such as a PhD, or as proof that the holder holds a standardized set of academic qualifications that suits them for a broad category of what is known as "office work".

Anyone with a BA has a demonstrated ability to:

Navigate an arcane and sometimes inimical bureaucracy.
Self-manage your time with competing priorities.
Perform research and present your results.
Summarize large quantities of information.
Successfully complete individual and group projects.
Plays well with others in a group situation.

Don't think of a BA as "I'm a babby philosophy person", look at as a set of qualifications for doing useful, intellectual work in a group setting. I'm in IT at a major biotech, and our Quality group has BAs in Music Theory and History approving GxP documents that the FDA will look at. They started with a BA and a good attitude, and now medicines for severe diseases pass through their hands on the way to our patients.

If someone wants to get into it about the really shamed degrees, like gender or ethnic studies, then my Marketing group would like to have a word with you. We're also developing a whole new role of Patient Advocate. And to top it off, we have a big push into inclusive medicine going on, so both of those degrees will be in demand. Outside of my company, those disciplines both spend a lot of time looking at demographic statistics. There's applications for that all over the place, the trick is finding an entry-level position.

You're absolutely right, but there's an angle. He's in Spain, entry level positions are few and far between there. There's been an exodus of youth to other places in the EU for at least since the GFC.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for kicking out bf because of his dog?

quote:

I know the title is going to get people riled up, but hear me out on this. I (31f) have been dating "Dude" (29m)for 8 months. It has been great. He has a dog that is 8, that he has had since she was a puppy. I have nothing against dogs, I'm just not a fan of owning them simply because 1. I live in an apartment and I feel they need a yard and 2. I don't want to do all the clean up that is involved with them.

He takes his dog most places with him, which is fine. She is very well behaved and has never caused any problems. In my place, I have an elderly cat as well as a guinea pig (and gerbils, 3 fish tanks, and a partridge in a pear tree). I usually go over to his place to hang out for the sake of his dog.

The other day he offered to come over to my place to hang out and help me install a new wall mount. I said it was fine. Without asking if it was okay first or even bringing it up to me, he had brought his dog with him. My apartment doesn't allow dogs even as guests, so I had a bit of anxiety about it. His dog was doing fine, when suddenly she started barking like crazy which seemed out of character for her. Dude then said, "oh I forgot, you should put your animals away in a locked room." I asked why and he laughed and said with a smile, "dogs name is a murderer. She killed my ex's rabbits. She got into the cage and everything. They aren't safe until they are locked in a room."

I was pissed. He knew I had small animals. This wasn't a surprise thrown at him. And he knew about this issue, and brought his dog over without permission or warning. I told him he needed to leave now, and take the dog with him. He isn't invited over anymore.

He got upset at me and called me a dog hater, said that is just how dogs are and I should be more accepting of her. I didn't respond, just continued to push him out the door.

AITA here?

ETA: my friends are chipping in, telling me this is just my "anti dog mentality" coming out, and that I should be more open to "doggos". It is really frustrating. I don't understand how some people can be so love blind to a dog.

ETA2: holy poo poo this blew up. I'm on break so work rn but a quick answer to to question many have raised about what if when the time came for us to move in togerher: moving in with a partner is not an end game goal for me with relationships. In all of my relationships, even serious and long term, I have preferred to love separately, so the pets having to live together would never be an issue

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Should've dated a cat person

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for kicking out bf because of his dog?

Only thing OP did wrong is not completing the sever and dumping the whole man.

"Dogs are supposed to kill everything smaller than them", jfc, no they aren't. And even if there were just no possible way to manage a dog with high prey drive, that doesn't mean you drag it into a situation where it's going to murder your girlfriend's pets! That's malicious and planning to force her into a situation where she doesn't have her pets any more!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
According to comments the dude says they can't have sex in his house because the dog might get jealous.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

tinytort posted:

Only thing OP did wrong is not completing the sever and dumping the whole man.

"Dogs are supposed to kill everything smaller than them", jfc, no they aren't. And even if there were just no possible way to manage a dog with high prey drive, that doesn't mean you drag it into a situation where it's going to murder your girlfriend's pets! That's malicious and planning to force her into a situation where she doesn't have her pets any more!

This is how you end up in prison because your dog murdered a baby. That is the real long term risk, if that dog is introduced to a child it will try to kill it.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Pleads posted:

I went down a nostalgia trip and listened to The Offspring - Americana this weekend and now any time I read about an unemployed partner mooching off their SO (and biting the hand that feeds) I just hear "Why Don't You Get a Job?" in my head.

Tempted to make a reddit bot that just replies with lyrics from the song to any post triggering the keywords of "unemployed" "can't afford" and "sold my".

That song helped give me the impetus I needed to dump my own mooch.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for enforcing the grocery store etiquette

quote:

At my local grocery store we have a system where you go around the store clockwise and up and down the rows in an order. It's not like it's a rule anyone needs to explain but it's a pretty clear etiquette and 99% of people are reasonable enough to follow the route.

I (26m) was at the store the other day and there was a guy (30s?) who was going backwards around the store. I understand people sometimes forget things or they have a list and want to miss a section but this guy was causing serious issues. I mentioned pretty loudly to my wife so he could overhear that some assholes clearly don't understand the system and he glared at me and turned around to go the right way around.

Less than five minutes later we bump into the same guy again so I told him there was an etiquette to the store and why couldn't he follow it? He told me it wasn't any of my business unless I worked here and we had a pretty loud disagreement which ended up in us both being asked to leave the store.

My wife thinks I took it too far and should have stayed quiet but unless people are expected to follow the route and given space to enforce it what's the point?

quote:

The aisles are very narrow. If somebody goes the wrong way you basically have to reverse backwards. It ruins the experience for everyone else in the store

I’ve been to some busted rear end C-Towns and IGAs and never have I had to deal with one way shopping. Hell, even under the depths of the pandemic with the arrows it wasn’t an issue.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Double post but I keep imagining this guy screaming down the worlds most narrowest pasta aisle, screaming about his experience being absolutely ruined by this nudnik. OP probably thinks he is the titular King Kullen.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
At least he admits mentioning it pretty loudly and didn’t try and claim that he ‘calmly explained’ those unwritten and non existent rules I guess.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Dollars to fresh baked donuts this is some weird high end store that someone as deemed himself Grocery Czar over, unbeknownst to literally everyone else on planet earth.

Ortho
Jul 6, 2021

To be fair, during the height of COVID, we did temporarily bring back plastic bags and theoretically have one-way aisles. I say theoretically because absolutely nobody paid attention to the arrows on the floor and the stores peeled them off the moment they were legally able to. Peeled off the standing squares that demarcate six feet at the checkouts, too.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

dustin.h posted:

To be fair, during the height of COVID, we did temporarily bring back plastic bags and theoretically have one-way ales. I say theoretically because absolutely nobody paid attention to the arrows on the floor and the stores peeled them off the moment they were legally able to. Peeled off the standing squares that demarcate six feet at the checkouts, too.

We had those for like a week and it seemed fairly fruitless as there were too many parameters to account for. However if this grocery store has aisles too narrow for people to pass in, or go in different directions, I feel like it’s more of an issue for say, a fire marshall, to take up, instead of Kaiser Kroger.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

dustin.h posted:

To be fair, during the height of COVID, we did temporarily bring back plastic bags and theoretically have one-way aisles. I say theoretically because absolutely nobody paid attention to the arrows on the floor and the stores peeled them off the moment they were legally able to. Peeled off the standing squares that demarcate six feet at the checkouts, too.

Yeah grocery stores in my area did that too and basically nobody followed it. Big signs on the end caps telling people which end to enter and everyone just walked right past.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I imagine the scenario the Groceries General is describing, just a whole train of trolleys having to slowly back away out of the aisle, while the Oblivious Shopper just bowls across the scene all willy-nilly, everyone grumbling and being clearly inconvenienced, but only one man is brave enough to stand up for his fellows.

This guy is clearly not trained in the subtle art of the Scandinavian stand-off; if two people are in each other's way, you just stand there and wait patiently for the other person to clear out or ask you to move. In the latter case you say "no problem" and yield, because they had to address a complete stranger, which still means they lost.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I imagine the scenario the Groceries General is describing, just a whole train of trolleys having to slowly back away out of the aisle, while the Oblivious Shopper just bowls across the scene all willy-nilly, everyone grumbling and being clearly inconvenienced, but only one man is brave enough to stand up for his fellows.

This guy is clearly not trained in the subtle art of the Scandinavian stand-off; if two people are in each other's way, you just stand there and wait patiently for the other person to clear out or ask you to move. In the latter case you say "no problem" and yield, because they had to address a complete stranger, which still means they lost.

I've seen the scenario this guy is describing, very rarely, but it does happen in small, non-chain grocery stores in urban areas. The store is built out in a way that shopping carts can't pass each other, and for the most part if people have their carts pointed one way in an aisle other people follow along. Someone turning into an aisle going in the other direction usually requires backing out and slows down everyone.

But yes, obviously a random customer yelling about it to the point of being kicked out of the store is the rear end in a top hat.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for making my daughter get up at 3am?

quote:

I (M43) and my wife Greta (F45) have four children. Kara (F18), Shawn (M6) and a set of twins Charlotte and Austin (4).

Charlotte and Austin have always been horrible sleepers. I won't go into all the things we've tried to get them sleeping "well" - but for now, I'm thrilled if they sleep in their beds at least 3 hours without coming into our room.

Kara and the twins sleep down one end of the house while Shawn and my wife/I's bedroom is down the other end of the room. The only reason we don't have the twins down our end is that the room only fits one bed in it, and neither child wants to sleep on a top bunk (I tried it once, Charlotte woke up screaming, terrified in the middle of the night and then Austin refused to even go NEAR the bed). The room will also NOT fit a double bed and the twins dressers/toys in their room.

For whatever reason, Kara has begun having night terrors and waking up screaming - which in turn wakes up the kids. I wanted to take her phone, but my wife said "no". Instead; I threatened Kara that if she woke up the kids again - she'd be the one putting them in their beds and sitting with them until they were settled again. Not us.

Last night was the worst and instead of screaming once, Kara was yelling out until I had raced all the way down the house and flew her door open, turning her light on. The twins were already crying in their room - so I made Kara get up, show them she was "fine" and told her to stay in their room until they were asleep and went back to my own bed.

This morning Kara has tried to sleep and was STILL trying to sneak back to bed and sleep at 11am - and when my wife asked WHY she was so tired, I told her - and told Kara that this will continue to happen every time she ruins the twins sleep for no reason. She has NO trauma, no reason to have nightmares and has even told me that "I know I'm dreaming, but I can't make myself wake up, but I can make myself scream to wake up". So that tells me it's intentional.

My wife feels I ATA; but I think she's just too soft on Kara, and I'm doing this for her! I'm doing this because she deserves her sleep and not to be woken up because an adult cannot control herself (vs when our kids wake up due to nightmares, bedwetting, etc). So, AITA?

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Mx. posted:

AITA for choosing my brother over my GF and not defending her against my friends ?

This one is super wholesome. I love this group of bros.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Piell posted:

"At least three of my four children can't sleep normally, and two of them scream at night. That's aside from the normal nightmares and bedwetting.

No, there's no trauma involved, why do you ask?"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Piell posted:

What the gently caress. Call cps for a check up, jesus christ

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TK8325 posted:

That song helped give me the impetus I needed to dump my own mooch.

I had a friend who became less of a friend due to them loving that song and also them not understanding that perhaps the moral lessons it imparts could have been applied to their life.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Piell posted:

Now, to get over your fear of spiders, I'm going to lock you in a small box and pour tarantulas in through holes until you're all better.

There is no reason for my children to be afraid all the time.

I am a good father.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
AITA for not giving my company of four years any notice?

quote:

Right so for context, I was hired at 17 under the guise of an apprenticeship but it was basically just an excuse to pay below minimum wage for a factory job as I didn’t go to college and worked a 45+hr week. Even after 3 years they refused to put me or my colleagues on any rate above minimum. I pushed for promotions to get a pay raise but was always brushed off with “I’d like more money too” or “there’s no room for promotion” from the bosses. We was monitored on cameras constantly -waiting for one of us to go on our phones so they had a problem to complain about- and even tried to get our team leader to time our toilet breaks with a stop watch once (he refused). My team and me behind closed doors was called unskilled workers and easily replaceable and that’s why they didn’t want to pay us above minimum.

So anyway a few weeks ago my job offer for a decent government job came through I told them I’d be leaving (this was on a Thursday) and that my last day would be Monday. I was taken into a meeting with the boss where he basically said you can’t leave so soon because we have you under contract and no one can use your machine as well as you and it’ll take a long time to train someone to your proficiency and I have to renegotiate my start date non negotiable. So I agreed shook his hand and didn’t show up for work the next day and went for a walk instead.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit(some relevant information I thought youse may enjoy): last I heard the manager had to take small assembelly work for his kids to do because they’re so understaffed

Edit 2: they did call me to say something like “are you just not going to show up now” and I replied with “yeh pretty much, that’s me”

Edit 3: just clearing some confusion, they paid me below minimum for the first year while I got qualified even though the qualification was irrelevant to the job role and minimum after I gained the irrelevant qualification.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah grocery stores in my area did that too and basically nobody followed it. Big signs on the end caps telling people which end to enter and everyone just walked right past.

My local Trader Joe's actually blocked out a continuous, one-way, route through the store and employees enforced it. It was great.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If you're in a narrow grocery aisle and encounter another shopper coming the opposite way you calmly reach into their cart, select one item, and place it into your cart without ever breaking eye contact.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Always nice to see somebody discover a spine.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I've seen the scenario this guy is describing, very rarely, but it does happen in small, non-chain grocery stores in urban areas. The store is built out in a way that shopping carts can't pass each other, and for the most part if people have their carts pointed one way in an aisle other people follow along. Someone turning into an aisle going in the other direction usually requires backing out and slows down everyone.

But yes, obviously a random customer yelling about it to the point of being kicked out of the store is the rear end in a top hat.

If the aisles are too narrow to pass you're hosed anyway. You will get stuck behind someone who is very carefully analyzing the 6 different brands of macaroni and it won't matter that their cart is pointed the same direction as yours if they don't move for 3 minutes.

IMO if the aisles are too narrow for carts to pass, then the store is too small to have carts at all. You're in a handbasket situation there, and adding carts is pure madness.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

'Apprenticeships' are full of poo poo like this nowadays. Employers literally refuse to pay anything above minimum wage unless literally given no other option. And even then.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There are some stores around Austin built in the late 90s that have a clear linear layout like an ikea, where traffic is definitely intended to flow in one direction from produce to pantry goods to meat/fish counters and then frozen foods. They have shortcuts to skip sections, etc.

But they’re not this way because the aisles are small. You can go against the flow if you want to ?though you’ll need to do more work to avoid people) it just has a planned route through the store:

If you’re in Manhattan going to a gristedes in a basement tho? The aisles there definitely get that small.

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 30, 2021

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Piell posted:

I get that it's probably a good idea for the screamer to let the other kids know she's fine, but given the rest of it, I can only assume Dad is dragging her into their room to recite a "I am healthy and being well-taken care of" hostage speech, then dragging her back to her room and locking all their doors with deadbolts.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

If the aisles are too narrow to pass you're hosed anyway. You will get stuck behind someone who is very carefully analyzing the 6 different brands of macaroni and it won't matter that their cart is pointed the same direction as yours if they don't move for 3 minutes.

IMO if the aisles are too narrow for carts to pass, then the store is too small to have carts at all. You're in a handbasket situation there, and adding carts is pure madness.

The only stores I've been in that small would have like, two carts so that the olds had something to push their stuff around in, which made it very hard to have real conflict between cart shoppers.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

teen witch posted:

AITA for enforcing the grocery store etiquette

I’ve been to some busted rear end C-Towns and IGAs and never have I had to deal with one way shopping. Hell, even under the depths of the pandemic with the arrows it wasn’t an issue.

The only linear Ikea style grocery I know of is Stew Leonards but that's like...

A. Not a place you call "the local grocery store".
B. Extremely upfront about the linearity to the extreme.

So I'm thinking this place isn't actually officially linear and this person is partway insane.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for not staying with my In laws after my MIL put essential oil’s in my CPAP?

quote:

This happened in November when my (M39)husband and I (F37) flew out to see the in laws for Thanksgiving. I have never gotten into the essential oils because many have made me break out but my MIL is obsessed. She sells for a rather large well known MLM company. It's the only thing she gifts and I usually pass them onto friends who do use them.

During this trip we were out seeing friends and I left my CPAP machine by the bed. When going to bed that night I smelled oils. I cleaned out all the pieces and wasn't able to use the machine that night which is a requirement for my insurance. The next day my husband asked if she had added something to it and she admitted she added lavender to the water well. I lost it because 1. That's my personal medical equipment 2. That could void my warranty on machine 3. I had to buy all new hoses/etc because it wasn't time for insurance to send yet.

She claimed it was because she wanted me to experience the benefits of the oils for sleep and was just trying to help. She said she didn't think it would hurt because she adds oils to a diffuser which she felt was the same idea in my CPap. My husband told her he understood since she really truly believes these oils are magic.

Here is where I wonder if I am TA. Christmas I refused to stay there at her home and she and my husband were very upset. Now that we are home he has barely spoken to me and says his mother is very hurt since she was just trying to help. AITA?

E:

quote:

I only told him and really haven’t spoken to her since the incident. He said I was overreacting because I am fine now and the machine is still working.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

teen witch posted:

AITA for not staying with my In laws after my MIL put essential oil’s in my CPAP?

E:

no fuckin way

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I thought apprenticeships were a union thing? Some rando business owner can just run a certified apprenticeship program now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah wtf is apprenticeship in a warehouse? It's not even a skilled labor and warehouses from experience will hire anyone with a pulse so it's not a making connections thing.