Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ReelBigLizard posted:

A friend gave us some weed for xmas unprompted, which is funny because I had been thinking about trying it again. Was never really a smoker and beyond a few drags at house parties haven't really done it for 15 years. My wife hasn't smoked since Uni.

We spent xmas eve hosed up, watching poo poo films and having fun. Managed to put the world out of my mind for a few hours and very much enjoyed the respite from the aches and twinges of my impending middle age.

A+ will go again.

EDIT: goons I'm just rolling it into spliffs with some tobacco like it's 2003 rn - whats the 2020s way to smoke a weed?

Good news, in the 2020s you can smoke weed however you want!!! Spliffs are fine, joints are fine, glass bowls are fine... The big "technology" revelations have been cheap and easy flower vaporizers, both analog (torch) and digital (generally uses a chamber that's heated up by internal electronics). Beyond that, edibles are plentiful and taste good in legal areas, vape pens are extremely available but I wouldn't trust them unless they are legal med/rec carts that are tested, concentrates have allowed the grossest of wook to reach new levels of high.

But for flower? Just smoke it however you like!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I took some pictures showing my friend how to edge a bowl properly, I might post that later

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Huh, that looks like something I could turn up on the lathe...

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
You’re gonna need the cap part most importantly and if you’re buying that you might as well just buy the full blown thing.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

ReelBigLizard posted:

Huh, that looks like something I could turn up on the lathe...

I'm a machinist and yeah, there's a lot of fancy knurling to mask that it's just a steel chillum with a carb and condenser.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Protocol7 posted:

You’re gonna need the cap part most importantly and if you’re buying that you might as well just buy the full blown thing.

You'll never beleive what I found in the sales when I went to town this afternoon...

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Good news, in the 2020s you can smoke weed however you want!!! Spliffs are fine, joints are fine, glass bowls are fine...

i personally still enjoy spliffs but fair warning that tobacco smoke is nastier and clingier than weed smoke and if you smoke them indoors it will make your place really gross (and void your security deposit) in no time

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

i personally still enjoy spliffs but fair warning that tobacco smoke is nastier and clingier than weed smoke and if you smoke them indoors it will make your place really gross (and void your security deposit) in no time

That's a very good point I didn't take into consideration, thanks Earwicker! I stopped smoking tobacco like... seven? eight years ago? It was a while ago and I replaced it with weed

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I've never done a tobacco and a weed at the same time. I have an ecig but I quit smoking actual cigarettes a few years ago, I bet it would blow my mind

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So I bought a 500mg thing of RSO that’s listed at 78% THC. If I mix that into brownie mix and split it 16 ways, does that make each brownie about 24mg, or does some cook off?

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm the only person i know that consumes cannabis

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

i'm the only person i know that consumes cannabis

Hi, I am I was the fury and I consume cannabis (consunnabis, as I call it)

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

One funny thing about legalization has been watching people come up with polite ways to tell people they use.

I uh...toke the...ummm reef-age?

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
chocolaaaatttteee

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I Was The Fury posted:

Hi, I am I was the fury and I consume cannabis (consunnabis, as I call it)

the furry convention near me this year required masks

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Sedgr posted:

One funny thing about legalization has been watching people come up with polite ways to tell people they use.

I uh...toke the...ummm reef-age?

Back in the day you had to be all sly n' poo poo about it, like "I smoke but not tobacco."

Now-a-days it's more like "I smoke motherfucking WEED!"

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

maybe I'm not very polite lol

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

This old friend had just turned me on to weed (he was very new to it, too) when he threw a Christmas party a couple years back. We'd texted back and forth beforehand and said we'd both be having gummies that night.

The party was fun with good conversation; I was enjoying myself. Then my friend calls me out from the other side of the room: "Hey, Hirayuki! How's it going? Are you feeling it? Everything okay?" Then he turned to the rest of the room and clarified loudly, "We're talking about MARIJUANA."

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hirayuki posted:

The party was fun with good conversation;

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hirayuki posted:

"Hey, Hirayuki! How's it going? Are you feeling it? Everything okay?"

love when human killer asks if i'm "okay"

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

GigaPeon posted:

So I bought a 500mg thing of RSO that’s listed at 78% THC. If I mix that into brownie mix and split it 16 ways, does that make each brownie about 24mg, or does some cook off?

It shouldn't, RSO is already decarbed so the ratios shouldn't change until you hit temps beyond simple baking. Yeah the oven is at 350 or whatever but food is mostly water and shouldn't get anywhere close to thc vapor temperature.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

We're olds and were having an olds party. The conversation was the thing. (And the MARIJUANA very much improved it.)

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Crimson Harvest posted:

It shouldn't, RSO is already decarbed so the ratios shouldn't change until you hit temps beyond simple baking. Yeah the oven is at 350 or whatever but food is mostly water and shouldn't get anywhere close to thc vapor temperature.

Sweet. I think I’ll only use half the tube. 12ish mg doses seems like a good NYE icebreaker amount.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
There's only a very small sliver of people who I know that I'm not extremely open and directly about my weed smoking with. One of my old coworkers told me I am pretty much the definition of "obviously smokes" without wearing a baja hoodie or w/e

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bought 40g of wax today. Gonna smoke all of it.

Eventually.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"conversation"

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i think you all should smoke some marijuana and listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEaZOMmfrvI

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Earwicker posted:

i think you all should smoke some marijuana and listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEaZOMmfrvI

I saw him live once. Incredible show. The sound he was able to create with just him, a bassist, and a drummer was unbelievable.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

when I got the job offer for my current gig i balked at two issues. they lowballed me on the salary offer (i got about 15% more than they offered) and they wanted a drug test

I called my boss immediately and told her directly that I smoke weed and it's non-negotiable. i have my med card and if I'm disqualified because of that I'll go find a place who doesn't test people in loving accounting

she confirmed i would be fine with hr and asked what else I needed. I mentioned the offer was low and she laughed and said "the weed was more important than your salary?"

yes. yes it is.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Weed is important enough that I won't bother staying a night in a state where I can be hassled over weed.

The Workaholics guys need to rename their podcast to Weed Is Important.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Alright, I'm finally down to get a vaporizer. What do goons use and recommend?

I'm able to smoke out of a bong in my apartment and that's where I'd probably use this, so size and smell isn't a factor. I value being able to clean it somewhat easily. Price range 150-200.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

my inlaws got me a vape pen for xmas and I've always liked vape pens, but now I'm almost out of my cart, I don't personally know anyone that black markets those right now, and we're still 4 months out from when I can go walk to the gas station and get a new cart.

Oh well I still have 2 ounces of weed lol weed being legal is awesome

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i like my log vape. you can plug it into arbitrary ground glass joint glassware with adapters and it plugs into the wall so it's always charged. its an e-nano but theres many kinds on the market

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOXIpsoEo2w

munchies beaver

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
me when i find an xtra toasty cheezit

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

skooma512 posted:

Alright, I'm finally down to get a vaporizer. What do goons use and recommend?

I'm able to smoke out of a bong in my apartment and that's where I'd probably use this, so size and smell isn't a factor. I value being able to clean it somewhat easily. Price range 150-200.

For $200, you could probably get a Dynavap AND a Fury Edge. I am eating due to highness otherwise I would link for you. Highly recommend both, different experiences that will help you figure out which path is right (basically Dynavap or not)

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

bagmonkey posted:

For $200, you could probably get a Dynavap AND a Fury Edge. I am eating due to highness otherwise I would link for you. Highly recommend both, different experiences that will help you figure out which path is right (basically Dynavap or not)

This is a good answer. Dynavap +Edge/Rogue is a pretty great combo.

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

Sedgr posted:

This is a good answer. Dynavap +Edge/Rogue is a pretty great combo.

Currently my setup is this and a honey collector dab rig. The terp pen was too unreliable and easily overloaded, wasting tons of extract.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I got a dynavap, flame torch and the cedar case for £46 all up, but that was in the 20% off xmas sale.

We tried it out last night. It's pretty rad. With the spliffs we had to go out to the garage so we didn't stink up the house with the tobacco but the dynavap is fine inside for occasional use. I like how discrete it is in the case too, no more hiding poo poo away in cupboards, just sits on my desk with my other stuff.

Thanks for the recommendation goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I took my dynavap+wand to a park yesterday and was just smoking weed and playing on children's playground equipment.

In my defense this park has a kicking rad swing on a Rollercoaster track and it's super fun.