Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Xun posted:

I mean, its...fine? Ngl I feel like the obsession with femroes is just as weird as the theoretical obsession with auras/catgirls/idk that it's supposed to be a reaction to

I think some people just like them op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’m not gonna lie: I sometimes can’t even tell that they’re femroe, I just think that they’re hyur, somehow

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I'll probably switch back to my original Miqo'te when I get to the end of Endwalker, just cause it feels right ending with what I (kinda) started as then switch back to Au Ra.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I think some people just like them op

Sure, and that doesn't justify the "I'm not like other people" attitude or the self flagellating for not liking them :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its fine to like them but some people do get extremely weird about them. like ive seen multiple posts in this very subforum about wanting to murder all girl players' characters except femroes or whatever. or people getting real creepy about merwlyb in a way thatd absolutely get called out as weird if they were all in on y'shtola or something.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

When I switched my main role from tank to healer femroe sadly had to go, just could not pull off the look. When I think of my WoL doing the palm punch with a resolute expression it'll always be her though

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Clarste posted:

Ninja is funny to me since it's basically half ranged class except for some reason your basic combo requires you to be in melee. They took out the standard melee dot and added in some new buttons to press (that are also ranged) but they don't feel amazingly powerful to me, they just kinda interrupt your basic rotation with slightly more powerful GCDs. Which I'm fine with (except for the Raiju awkwardness) I just find it funny that melee attacks are slowly being replaced with ranged attacks. Maybe the endgame is to convert them into a ranged dps and solve the Scouting gear problem once and for all.

This is kinda how dancer is too, except flipped. The single target attacks are ranged but doing AOE rotation requires you to be in melee range. The dances which hit multiple targets can still be used at range though.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

TGLT posted:

Got to level 80 on my reaper, first pass at a Reaper glam. I like the story for what it was, but yeah I definitely think the Sage story was the better of the two.

Orcus was fun as a mini-Zenos, but I feel like he should have acknowledged we've beaten a bunch of really powerful voidsent. Cloud of Darkness at a minimum, and if you've done Shadow of Mhach that's like one whole faction of 'em. I don't think it would have really changed anything but it would have been nice.

Speaking of the mini-Zenos thing, I think retreading ground handled better elsewhere is its weakness. Found family stuff isn't exactly uncommon in FF14, and even the bits about how we're just a crew of wicked sick cold blooded killers with hearts of gold stuff feels like a retread of the Rogue storyline. I guess some of that's just a consequence of only having six quests to explore the cast.

My favourite part of the RPR quests was:
Drusilla: Yo watch it my gramps got himself possessed by his voidsent and now there's nothing left of him
WoL: That's rad! *learns Enshroud*

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Insert name here posted:

Drusilla: Yo watch it my gramps got himself possessed by his voidsent and now there's nothing left of him

:thatsrad:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

but I can see why basically every drg player jumped ship to rpr.

Ah, so that's why every RPR in duty finder is dead all the time.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Insert name here posted:

Drusilla: He sought more and more power, drinking deeply of the void until he was fully possessed by a demon from another dimension, which now puppets his corpse.
WoL, taking notes: More power from void, drink deeply, got it, thanks!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kongming posted:

Ah, so that's why every RPR in duty finder is dead all the time.

That's just me sorry

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
"listen lady I've come here after the Endwalker MSQ you won't BELIEVE what I've had to deal with."

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

frankly femroes kinda suck. they have pretty bad models and a lot of stuff looks bad on them. pretty weak emotes too.

This is why I ultimately ended up moving away from Highlander and Roe. As much as I like more muscular body types, it's obvious that a lot of the base models for women are made around a Midlander body type and then adjusted for the rest of the races after. This works fine for Au Ra and Miqo'te, but Highlanders and Roe usually end up getting armor and glamour pieces that look baggy or weirdly stretched out, especially for dresses or skirts.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Trying to get mats you need for crafting that require killing monsters is absolutely miserable. There's usually just a small handful of the monster you need and the drop rate on them is like WoW levels of dogshit. Why is farming mats that drop from monster so much more of a pain??

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Why is farming mats that drop from monster so much more of a pain??

It is 100% to try and discourage people from bot farming mobs. You should get monster mats either from Bicolors or from combat retainer ventures.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

Trying to get mats you need for crafting that require killing monsters is absolutely miserable. There's usually just a small handful of the monster you need and the drop rate on them is like WoW levels of dogshit. Why is farming mats that drop from monster so much more of a pain??

if you need lots of materials from monsters, and don't need them right now, combat retainers are the best way to get them
if you only need a few monster materials, or need lots right now, just buy them on the marketboard
if you need lots, need them now, and don't want to spend money, reconsider whatever you're planning

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
If your combat retainers can get them, that's the cheapest way, if a bit slow.
Marketboard is highly variable right now but worth checking, especially if you're past the point of caring about gil.
Farming mobs directly is rawest shite. Do a FATE or two, buy with Bicolors.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
20 EWEX1 runs in. Have almost all the jewelry, finally got the TT card, seen two mounts drop. Not a bad experience so far, I think.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Mobs in overworld zones really feel vestigial at this point in general. It's not WoW where half the quests involve farming a bunch of mobs, and most sidequests or FATEs that require killing mobs usually spawn specific ones for that event. All they do is provide the most ephemeral annoyance while getting around before you unlock flying.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q61oVFSjC6M

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Mobs in overworld zones really feel vestigial at this point in general. It's not WoW where half the quests involve farming a bunch of mobs, and most sidequests or FATEs that require killing mobs usually spawn specific ones for that event. All they do is provide the most ephemeral annoyance while getting around before you unlock flying.

Without them the world would feel tremendously empty. Just from an aesthetics/immersion standpoint they add a fair bit.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am a bit confused about Pandaemonium tokens: When they say weekly, do they mean per stage, or the entire current wing? I just got a helm token I am wondering if that means either I need to wait a week or I could get another token in the next stage.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Unlucky7 posted:

I am a bit confused about Pandaemonium tokens: When they say weekly, do they mean per stage, or the entire current wing? I just got a helm token I am wondering if that means either I need to wait a week or I could get another token in the next stage.

It's one per fight, per week, so you get four a week overall.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I do wish over world mobs weren't aggressive, or at least some of them were. Blew my mind when you get to the cave in Raktika and encounter non aggressive bats for the first time in years. Maybe the elk or green bird doesn't need to lust for blood!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Draga posted:

So it turns out that I am a coward who must be mocked. I fantasia'd to a femroe back in August and adored her but lately I've been looking at glamours that don't feel right on her and today I fantasia'd to an Au Ra girl.

I'm sorry. I was weak.

Traitor

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Draga posted:

So it turns out that I am a coward who must be mocked. I fantasia'd to a femroe back in August and adored her but lately I've been looking at glamours that don't feel right on her and today I fantasia'd to an Au Ra girl.

I'm sorry. I was weak.

You made the right choice friend. Dragon girl is best girl.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Vermain posted:

It is 100% to try and discourage people from bot farming mobs. You should get monster mats either from Bicolors or from combat retainer ventures.

This was actually a real problem when ARR came out. Weaver in particular required Diremite Webs for velveteen, as well as wool drops, and snurble tufts for felt. All of which only dropped from the diremites in the north shroud, karakuls in Coerthas, and the Snurbles in Western Thanalan respectively. It wasn't unusual for these enemies to be completely dominated by bot farmers and you were forced to pay their prices if you wanted to level Weaver. Retainer ventures weren't in the game yet either. Once retainer ventures were available it eased the market considerably, but the bots remained for a good while.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Vitamean posted:

I do wish over world mobs weren't aggressive, or at least some of them were. Blew my mind when you get to the cave in Raktika and encounter non aggressive bats for the first time in years. Maybe the elk or green bird doesn't need to lust for blood!

Personally I think the aggressive mobs aren't all that aggressive in the game; you can walk by some of them if you time it right.

That said I remember Old School WoW, where some of the mobs have basicaly Pringles aggro: Once you pop you just can't stop.

*Stares off into the distance as the sound of an entire village's worth of Merlocs sound off*

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Unlucky7 posted:

Panda 1-4 are each one token per week. If you get helm from Panda1 you can get another this week from Panda 2 or 3 (they don't drop in 4 for some reason), assuming you didn't get anything else from those.

To make token juggling easier....
--Pass on anything you don't want (DO THIS OR EVERYTHING LOCKS UP)
--Need on the stuff you're going for, see if you win it
--Decide if you'll take something else that's still there over running the thing again. If not, add it to the "don't want" list.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

ImpAtom posted:

Without them the world would feel tremendously empty. Just from an aesthetics/immersion standpoint they add a fair bit.

The world feels tremendously empty anyway. Having a grid of homogenously spaced single mobs that sit around doing nothing doesn't really change that. I've never walked into a new zone and thought "wow, this feels so alive and vibrant!" because of the mobs wandering around, it just reeks of late 90's MMO design that hasn't been improved at all in the last 20+ years.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Vitamean posted:

I also remember being struck by the fact that the vampire bats in the ancient ruins were like the one non-hostile mob in all of Shadowbringers. Tragically they're also what I killed to reach 90 on my main job due to a Clan Nutsy mark bill.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Bruceski posted:

To make token juggling easier....
--Pass on anything you don't want (DO THIS OR EVERYTHING LOCKS UP)
--Need on the stuff you're going for, see if you win it
--Decide if you'll take something else that's still there over running the thing again. If not, add it to the "don't want" list.

If you're targeting a specific piece then it's also a good idea to also wait a short while after you pass on the tokens that you do not want before you need on the tokens that you do want. Letting some other rolls resolve first removes people from the pool of rolls on the stuff you want.

As long as you wait a for non-rear end in a top hat amount of time before needing this is good for everyone involved and keeps loot from rotting because someone who'd be equally happy with an accessory happened to roll high on a competitive chest token and the chest resolved first. If you're a jerk you can wait an rear end in a top hat amount of time after passing in the hope that some other player will blink first, thereby keeping everyone standing in an empty boss arena for several minutes waiting for you. Please don't be a jerk.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Mobs are good, in fact

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The GNB AF looks great out of the box and I'm not a fan of either the tomestone or raid tanking sets so I guess I'm gonna keep rocking this lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Xerophyte posted:

If you're targeting a specific piece then it's also a good idea to also wait a short while after you pass on the tokens that you do not want before you need on the tokens that you do want. Letting some other rolls resolve first removes people from the pool of rolls on the stuff you want.

As long as you wait a for non-rear end in a top hat amount of time before needing this is good for everyone involved and keeps loot from rotting because someone who'd be equally happy with an accessory happened to roll high on a competitive chest token and the chest resolved first. If you're a jerk you can wait an rear end in a top hat amount of time after passing in the hope that some other player will blink first, thereby keeping everyone standing in an empty boss arena for several minutes waiting for you. Please don't be a jerk.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wingnut Ninja posted:

The world feels tremendously empty anyway. Having a grid of homogenously spaced single mobs that sit around doing nothing doesn't really change that. I've never walked into a new zone and thought "wow, this feels so alive and vibrant!" because of the mobs wandering around, it just reeks of late 90's MMO design that hasn't been improved at all in the last 20+ years.

The mobs and their placements are part of the aesthetics of the zone and emphasize exactly the sort of place you are. If you don't like it that is fine but they would absolutely lose something if it was just nothing but blank empty space and would be rightly criticized for it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

No Dignity posted:

When I switched my main role from tank to healer femroe sadly had to go, just could not pull off the look. When I think of my WoL doing the palm punch with a resolute expression it'll always be her though

As a femroe WHM,

https://youtu.be/Z_UXZHoa5PM

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Endorph posted:

frankly femroes kinda suck. they have pretty bad models and a lot of stuff looks bad on them. pretty weak emotes too.

na friend we cool as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

No Dignity posted:

The zadnor healer jacket and stuff along those lines look great.

Maybe as a tall person I am simply immune to seeing stuff as “stretched” and just think “yup that’s what an XLT size thing looks like”