Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

book glamours have peaked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

How do I get a message to YoshiP, I want to tell him Scholars should be able to glamour their fairies to look like Carbuncles

Now that Alphinaud has traded his book & Carbuncle for laser guns I think it’s only fair player Scholars can share the joy of having a Carbuncle buddy.

Lily isn’t a familiar like a carbuncle though!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Lily isn’t a familiar like a carbuncle though!

Well yeah it’s a glamour, just putting on a lil carbuncle costume

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

central dogma posted:

The armoire should be able to store cash shop glams.

It should be able to story anything that isn't dyeable too

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

central dogma posted:

The armoire should be able to store cash shop glams.

I really don't understand why it doesn't store all items that solely exist for glamour, like all the stuff made from treasure map mats (calfskin etc). I agree that buying Collegiate attire from the mogstation only to find it didn't go in the armoire did feel like a "gently caress you".

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

derra posted:

Still hoping that the role quests are introducing us to Scions 2.0.

melee role quest Lorens saying "We'll meet again but I'm going to pretend this didn't happen and that I didn't meet you here" lol

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The problem with, for example, event glam items that do go in the Armoire is that they can't be dyed in the Armoire. That's not a problem if you're just dying something one of the cheap colors from the vendor but if you want to make it general black and don't want to spend 600k gil every time, it has to go in the dresser.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I don't see the problem? If the item can go in the armoire, nothing stops you from adding it to the dresser with an expensive dye instead. If you don't care about the dye, adding it to the armoire would be better than using one of your limited dresser slots.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The problem is that it's then taking a dresser spot.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

No one is saying you need to wait forever to gear up, but wasting everyone’s time because you’re afraid you can’t get a decent roll on something that’s gonna be out of date next week is ridiculous.

people are advocating waiting like 15-30 seconds for the newbies and people who don't care what they get to blindly roll need on everything. those rolls resolve quick. if you just needed the loot you wanted from the outset, you would have to wait exactly this long for the loot to resolve in the first place anyway. once you see those go through then you need the thing you're after. it reduces the competition pool from like, 7 other people to 3-4 at the cost of basically no time.

nobody is asking people to wait out the five minute loot timer

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I finished Endwalker story, now that the queues aren't so ridiculous.

Meteion: Connecting to shared consciousness. Our findings are as follows; 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kaubocks posted:

people are advocating waiting like 15-30 seconds for the newbies and people who don't care what they get to blindly roll need on everything. those rolls resolve quick. if you just needed the loot you wanted from the outset, you would have to wait exactly this long for the loot to resolve in the first place anyway. once you see those go through then you need the thing you're after. it reduces the competition pool from like, 7 other people to 3-4 at the cost of basically no time.

nobody is asking people to wait out the five minute loot timer

Then just pass on the things you don’t want and then need the things you do without waiting. The competition reduction thing is such a strange solution to a really simple situation. Especially because some people use the exact same logic to just wait out timers to guarantee they get what they want.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Then just pass on the things you don’t want and then need the things you do without waiting. The competition reduction thing is such a strange solution to a really simple situation. Especially because some people use the exact same logic to just wait out timers to guarantee they get what they want.

really twisting yourself up to get mad about this, huh?

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I'm about to start Endwalker and a friend mentioned that completing all the role quests gives a different ending. Is that true?

He also spoiled the we fight Hydaelyn so he may just be a poo poo.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Travic posted:

I'm about to start Endwalker and a friend mentioned that completing all the role quests gives a different ending. Is that true?

He also spoiled the we fight Hydaelyn so he may just be a poo poo.

It does not. There will eventually be a capstone quest for role quests but it's not in 6.0 at the very least. The crafter/gatherer equivalents do have a capstone already in, though.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Ok. Hes just being a poo poo then. He also told me that 11 weeks of Doman Enclave donations unlocks Bozja...

I checked on that one myself before committing to that much work.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The donations are nice in and of themselves and for eventually giving 40,000 gil of double-price vendoring a week, but yeah, nothing to do with Bozja.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Vitamean posted:

really twisting yourself up to get mad about this, huh?

I mean, I get mad at myself constantly for something way worse to be fair, because I keep forgetting to roll at all and tab out at the end of duties and then realise what I’ve done and tab back in with egg all over my face feeling like an rear end in a top hat.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
This does call into question something else he spoiled. He said that the reason we're immune to tempering is that Hydaelyn has already tempered us. I though it was because of the Echo which predates Hydaelyn based on what Elidibus said?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Your friend sounds like a fun guy.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Travic posted:

This does call into question something else he spoiled. He said that the reason we're immune to tempering is that Hydaelyn has already tempered us. I though it was because of the Echo which predates Hydaelyn based on what Elidibus said?

Your friend is definitely being an rear end in a top hat and a weirdo and full of poo poo on this one. There is questions about the possibility both in ARR and ShB itself. But ShB does state that all Ancients had the Echo and it conveys a resistance to Tempering style effects (corruption of Aether towards a specific element or alignment).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Endorph posted:

frankly femroes kinda suck. they have pretty bad models and a lot of stuff looks bad on them. pretty weak emotes too.

Dog poo poo opinion and post Endorph. Do better.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Have you ever watched the FFXIV 1.0 cinematic? You should check it out if not.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Travic posted:

You should probably stop listening to your friend.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Ibblebibble posted:

Your friend sounds like a fun guy.

He's just a bit of an idiot. Once he decides something is true nothing can change his mind. No matter how stupid it is or how much you can prove its wrong. I guarantee if I unlock Bozja without doing the Doman Enclave his head will explode.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Your friend is definitely being an rear end in a top hat and a weirdo and full of poo poo on this one. There is questions about the possibility both in ARR and ShB itself. But ShB does state that all Ancients had the Echo and it conveys a resistance to Tempering style effects (corruption of Aether towards a specific element or alignment).

That's what I thought. He spoiled it a long time ago before I got to Shadowbringers. I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for the reveal then I got that part that explains it and just went. ...well gently caress.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

As Samurai, should you be trying to use Tsubame-gaeshi on Higanbana (the dot Iaijutsu)? It doesn't stack with the normal version, and if I understand correctly, juicing the normal version with Kaiten means the dot will have 45 potency anyways?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

derra posted:

Still hoping that the role quests are introducing us to Scions 2.0.

I like the theory for 7.0 that since the Scions "disbanded," you'll be doing role quests with them next expansion instead of having them as your core party. I'm still not convinced it'll be that substantial a change, but I guess we'll see as patch content comes out how dramatic a shakeup the end of this story and transition to the next will be. Having fewer than seven trusts to level next expansion would be rad though.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

As Samurai, should you be trying to use Tsubame-gaeshi on Higanbana (the dot Iaijutsu)? It doesn't stack with the normal version, and if I understand correctly, juicing the normal version with Kaiten means the dot will have 45 potency anyways?
There's potentially some edge cases where you may want to dot two beefy targets because you'll get the whole minute out of both but in general you don't use Kaeshi: Higanbana much because it doesn't stack with Higanbana and Tsubame-gaeshi moves are all equivalent to a Hissatsu: Kaiten powered Iaijustu in potency.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

not really. they don't stack with each other, as you deduced. even in multi target situations, it's generally more a dps gain to save yourself the gcds by using it on gekko or midare instead

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 1, 2022

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Travic posted:

He's just a bit of an idiot. Once he decides something is true nothing can change his mind. No matter how stupid it is or how much you can prove its wrong. I guarantee if I unlock Bozja without doing the Doman Enclave his head will explode.

That's what I thought. He spoiled it a long time ago before I got to Shadowbringers. I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for the reveal then I got that part that explains it and just went. ...well gently caress.

I mean there's no if about that, they're two completely disconnected things. Honestly they might just be from an alternate dimension where FF14 is really bad and if you listen to them for too long you get dragged to hell.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

no. they don't stack with each other. even in multi target situations, it's more a dps gain to save yourself the gcds by using it on gekko or midare instead
Cool, good. Having to have Tsubame-gaeshi ready to refresh your dot seemed annoying. I'm glad the more fun/easy thing of using it to duplicate your big finisher is the correct way to play.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Hogama posted:

There's potentially some edge cases where you may want to dot two beefy targets because you'll get the whole minute out of both but in general you don't use Kaeshi: Higanbana much because it doesn't stack with Higanbana and Tsubame-gaeshi moves are all equivalent to a Hissatsu: Kaiten powered Iaijustu in potency.

Did this change in Endwalker? My understanding was that it was literally never value to use Kaeshi: Higanbana, even if you have two targets, because you can just apply Higanbana to both targets normally for one sen each, and saving Tsubame-Gaeshi for Midare Setsugekka means Tsubame-Gaeshi was worth three sen

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

There's never been a better time to level monk, they made an already easy job even easier with most of our positionals being gone. If anyone still finds it too hard please just retire from video games instead of getting them to remove even more parts of my job

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mightygerm posted:

There are a bunch of meme BLM rotations that actually do respectable damage now.
https://twitter.com/tiggzleague/status/1474862189240414211

That is mighty hilarious.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Person A: I like both cake and pie, i do not care which i get.
Person B: I only like pie, i'll let you take the cake first then have the pie.
Goons: Just flip a coin to see who gets the pie and let the cake go to waste if person A wins, stop being an rear end in a top hat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJ posted:

Goons: Just flip a coin to see who gets the pie and let the cake go to waste if person A wins, stop being an rear end in a top hat.

Person C: I also only like pie, so we should sit here for ten minutes waiting for someone else to blink before Persons A, D, E, F, G and H can get cake.
Also if nobody wants Cake then they can just not take it and nobody is harmed.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CJ posted:

I'm getting my streams crossed, I thought this was a response to the current discussion in the spoiler thread for a second.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
That doesn't work though because the cake liker won the cake then immediately left while the pie enjoyers are in a mexican standoff.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CJ posted:

That doesn't work though because the cake liker won the cake then immediately left while the pie enjoyers are in a mexican standoff.

No, because the argument is "I don't roll on anything until everyone else has rolled/left" or "I have a tier list and don't roll on 3-4 items so I can be sure I'll get my second/third choice if I don't win my first" and if there are two people doing that nobody gets to leave.

I know this because I have fuckin' sat there after rolling on everything waiting for two people to actually do their rolls, especially after I lost the roll on several pieces and people left leaving only the stuff those people wanted as their 1st/2nd/3rd choices while I just wanted to get whatever I got and leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Honestly they should just make normal raids drop universal tokens directly into everyone's inventory that you can trade one of for accessories, two of for hat/hands/boots, and four of for body/pants