Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dennis McClaren posted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099Q4HJZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just bought this. Problem solved. All 3 on there, and playable. And I can load other FF games on there with EmuElec.

An HDMI cable and wireless gamepad for your PC would've been cheaper and honestly having your PC hooked up to your TV is just great in general if you aren't somehow prevented from running an extra HDMI cable between them.

Barudak posted:

Please make Tactics more like Tactics Advance

A post so wrong only Barudak could've made it.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That team is not very good at names.

All dev teams use project names. This team just... uses those same names for the finished product because the goofy name clearly didn't hurt Octopath and its several million units sold when they likely expected/hoped for a couple hundred thousand units to sell.

Astrochicken posted:

HOLY poo poo i don't know how I never realized that. Incredible.

Olan also makes it clear he idolizes his father-in-law and Orlandu just happens to be a force of nature on the battlefield too, and he "really" didn't get executed in disgrace but wa sallowed to flee in secret and help save the world.

Olan's an unreliable narrator and while his story of "Delita's a monster not a hero" is likely true, he definitely took some liberties with the telling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1477119032771821570

lol

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Things have been looking pretty good for Square-Enix lately- time to find some new rocks to crash yourself upon chasing trends, I guess.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

We've decided to make DLC in our games harder to use and destructive to the environment despite all evidence so far that the only people buying these are scammers

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
I liked the bit in the letter about 2022 where the business person used a lot of buzzwords to attract investors whilst simultaneously alienating regular people.

And I also clapped.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Web 3.0 babey

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its absolutely astounding to me because these companies could have made DLC that could be sold between customers years ago, but they didn't because that makes them less money so now they're trying to make limited DLC where you can do that and they hope you bid each other up but done in the worst possible loving way.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mr. Locke posted:

Things have been looking pretty good for Square-Enix lately- time to find some new rocks to crash yourself upon chasing trends, I guess.

Usually when things are going well they try to make a movie to lose a bunch of money and goodwill, so this time they doing things a little different I guess

Barudak
May 7, 2007

jokes posted:

Usually when things are going well they try to make a movie to lose a bunch of money and goodwill, so this time they doing things a little different I guess

Final Fantasy: The NFTs Within

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I will be shocked if any of this NFT stuff goes anywhere and it isn't just blowing smoke up investor's asses

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My apes have been hacked, Cloud!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Bitcoin’s dyin’, Cloud

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/necrosofty/status/1477179107343736834

Final Fantasy Megathread: some people who "play to have fun"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
When will Square-Enix cater to me, the guy who plays video games because he hates having fun?

Oh wait, I guess they did already release Unlimited Saga.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I want to build a new generation of gamers that hate fun. "Fun is old news, get with the times" says Square-Enix.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It’s 2022, we should be able to bully and ridicule SE until they give up this nerd poo poo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I play to contribute. Contribute to my fun.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Back on my bullshit with XIII-2. Just left Bodhum with Noel the first time. So far the combat is a lot more fun since it feels faster without the dumb rear end animation. Also I hear you can make this game easy as hell if you do side quests and stuff and I love stuff like that. I want to be super overpowered at every point I can.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Square just couldn't handle the positivity of the Something Awful Final Fantasy thread. Every Final Fantasy is fun? These people are playing our games for fun? We will show them, Final Fantasy is very much not fun!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

zedprime posted:

Square just couldn't handle the positivity of the Something Awful Final Fantasy thread. Every Final Fantasy is fun? These people are playing our games for fun? We will show them, Final Fantasy is very much not fun!

Gamers have had it too good for too long having "fun" with games. It's time for gamers to contribute now and forever. All Square Enix games will now be FF3DS NFTs and nothing else.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

New Final Fantast announced! It has a job system! The system is that you work for us now! Your job is to shove red mage into the block chain until we make money!

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Can't wait to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars because someone hacked into my Mog Armory and stole the token code for my Sword of Waifu Kisses +10 in Final Fantasy Ultima Crystallia Dissidia Cross-FATE A.B.Y.S.S.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Not having to upgrade weapons in 13-2 rules tbh. I know some can be upgraded but I never liked the system in the first game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

HD DAD posted:

It’s 2022, we should be able to bully and ridicule SE until they give up this nerd poo poo.

Next time the SE president shows up at a Fan Fest he should be booed like the FIFA commissioners when they show up at the World Cup

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Next time the SE president shows up at a Fan Fest he should be booed like the FIFA commissioners when they show up at the World Cup

There may not be another live Fan Fest in his natural life.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I was looking forward to all the things Square was working on and now I have to worry about which ones are going to be ruined with NFT garbage

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
NFTactics

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

NFTs of Paradise

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I have to kill Chaoscoin.

But Jack, you are Chaoscoin.

And Jack was Chaoscoin.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Can't wait until being a catgirl is an NFT. Those without the NFT will be forcibly decatted.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
People in these threads always say that sending Yuna down Auron's path on the sphere grid in FFX is a trip because the game's scaling for Yuna's strength stat is ridiculous. I finally tried it this time and welp Yuna is a monster lol. Physically, she does more damage than Tidus and all my aeons wipe the floor with everything.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

morallyobjected posted:

People in these threads always say that sending Yuna down Auron's path on the sphere grid in FFX is a trip because the game's scaling for Yuna's strength stat is ridiculous. I finally tried it this time and welp Yuna is a monster lol. Physically, she does more damage than Tidus and all my aeons wipe the floor with everything.

Later bosses only let you have a summon out for 1 turn.

That's more than enough.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

"Guardian" it turns out was a poor translation. It should have been "hype man"

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Chillgamesh posted:

Can't wait to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars because someone hacked into my Mog Armory and stole the token code for my Sword of Waifu Kisses +10 in Final Fantasy Ultima Crystallia Dissidia Cross-FATE A.B.Y.S.S.

I'm looking forward to an ending in a Yoko Taro game that only unlocks if you delete all your NFTs

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Later bosses only let you have a summon out for 1 turn.

That's more than enough.

that's one turn too many if they wanted to live

e: Impulse alone does 18000+ to everything lmao

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 2, 2022

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I just finished the Yuffie DLC for FF7R and it was awesome and set up the next game extremely well.

What's with the Zack stuff though? It's loving weird and feels shoehorned in.

I know it's probably in a parallel timeline and the timelines will probably eventually converge somehow but it's really weird how they keep cramming it in.

I don't hate Zack or anything but I feel like bringing him back isn't worth whatever retcon trouble they're going through.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's gonna be a loving mess and I'll love every last dumb, stupid bit of it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Golden Goat posted:

It's gonna be a loving mess and I'll love every last dumb, stupid bit of it.

Yeah I agree. They seem to be trying to cram every single thing from the EU into this and smdh come on guys.

I should probably play Crisis Core eventually to see what all this stupid poo poo is. The Nero boss fight was annoying and he seems like the most Nomura character ever lol.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Ghosts, Zack and Dirge of Cerberus stuff is just looming over the game. Like I loved the characterization and the little changes but I've no idea how that's gonna hold up with all that other stuff in there.

Also I don't understand the Zack stuff is he time warped to when the crew leaves midgar? if so why? is he in a different timeline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

The Ghosts, Zack and Dirge of Cerberus stuff is just looming over the game. Like I loved the characterization and the little changes but I've no idea how that's gonna hold up with all that other stuff in there.

Also I don't understand the Zack stuff is he time warped to when the crew leaves midgar? if so why? is he in a different timeline?

it's a different timeline than the original. You can tell because Stamp is different in the OG FF7R ending

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jan 2, 2022