Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'm only now starting to peel potatoes. Going to be a 00:00 salad delivery.

JIT olivier compilation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

nurmie posted:

JIT olivier compilation

It’s actually not JIT, I spent some time eating dark chocolate mint truffles instead of peeling. Thankfully I don’t care about fireworks (and there isn’t anything nice visible from my part of town), so I’ll just enjoy the salad sometime in the next 30 minutes.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Daudz laimes Jaunajā gadā!

nurmie posted:

disgusting olivier salad status: assembled (pic related)

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Daudz laimes Jaunajā gadā!

this is interesting. I wonder how it would taste with some olive oil and lemon, basically the mayo sans egg

also the bowl and floor like placement evokes an image of dog food

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FishBulbia posted:

this is interesting. I wonder how it would taste with some olive oil and lemon, basically the mayo sans egg

also the bowl and floor like placement evokes an image of dog food

This is with olive oil, just no lemon. And sorry for not plating it in a crystal bowl, and using a generic mixing bowl instead. It's on the stool just to get decent lighting for the photo, my living room is a bit awkward for that otherwise.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

cinci zoo sniper posted:

my living room is a bit awkward for that otherwise.

I'm getting PYF Goon Lair flashbacks.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Doctor Malaver posted:

I'm getting PYF Goon Lair flashbacks.

It's fine, the photo would just have some annoying shadows if taken in the kitchen or at the table, due to ceiling light position.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Happy new year everyone! Let's all enjoy this one moment of happiness together before the reality of 2022 crushes our hopes and dreams as it always does.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

Happy new year everyone! Let's all enjoy this one moment of happiness together before the reality of 2022 crushes our hopes and dreams as it always does.

I have a few carloads of various EE people on the way to my home now.

The dude at the liquer store was like: "holy poo poo, where's the party at?" I just nervously laughed because I have no idea what's going down tonight.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Didn't have Olivier or fur coat herring, but had a version of the beetroot salad someone posted here, and it was good. Happy New Year!

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Paladinus posted:

Didn't have Olivier or fur coat herring, but had a version of the beetroot salad someone posted here, and it was good. Happy New Year!

yes, fur coat herring was sadly missing from my new year's menu too, alas

Happy New Year, thread!!!

Su Naujaisiais metais!!!

С новым годом)))

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

nice olivier salads everyone. heres my moms veggie style (just like how her baby boy likes it) and a napoleon

mistermojo fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 1, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mistermojo posted:

nice olivier salads everyone. heres my moms veggie style (just like how her baby boy likes it) and a napoleon

That looks like a sick Napoleon, I’m envious.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That looks like a sick Napoleon, I’m envious.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Surprise surprise, Russian belligerence is prompting states that have long maintained an ostensible "neutrality" to reaffirm that they may join NATO should they find it necessary. Highlights just how weak and stupid Putin is to be actively pushing others towards the coalition arrayed against him.

https://twitter.com/TPKanslia/status/1477225405920821248

quote:

The ultimatums Russia gave to the U.S. and NATO in December concern Europe. They are in conflict with the European security order. Spheres of interest do not belong to the 2020s. The sovereign equality of all states is the basic principle that everyone should respect.

National security, self-determination and room to manoeuvre are just as important to small nations as to big ones. While taking care of these fundamentals, we are also safeguarding Finland’s international status.

And let it be stated once again: Finland’s room to manoeuvre and freedom of choice also include the possibility of military alignment and of applying for NATO membership, should we ourselves so decide. NATO’s business is the so-called Open Door policy, the continuance of which has been repeatedly confirmed to Finland, also publicly.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I just heard a number of Russian soldiers were injured by artillery fire in Mainila, dunno what that could be.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

March of Ukrainian nationalists in Kyiv on the 113th Birthday anniversary of Stepan Bandera

Man it's the loving ukrainazis weekend.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

March of Ukrainian nationalists in Kyiv on the 113th Birthday anniversary of Stepan Bandera

Man it's the loving ukrainazis weekend.

Never got the obsession with Bandera in particular. He was a particularly pathetic and ineffective nationalist. Basically a gangster. Always about aesthetics I guess.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

FishBulbia posted:

Never got the obsession with Bandera in particular. He was a particularly pathetic and ineffective nationalist. Basically a gangster. Always about aesthetics I guess.

His chin mainly. I mean just that perfectly sculpted fascist skull gets me every time

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

His chin mainly. I mean just that perfectly sculpted fascist skull gets me every time

he is certainly more attractive than the actual leader of the oun during the war

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

FishBulbia posted:

he is certainly more attractive than the actual leader of the oun during the war

If we could get genocide explainer to pop in and run a phrenology experiment on stepan find he is within the 98th percentile of attractiveness. Also Nazis love big cocks so it all makes sense

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

FishBulbia posted:

Maybe because he is the one Russians know?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Surprise surprise, Russian belligerence is prompting states that have long maintained an ostensible "neutrality" to reaffirm that they may join NATO should they find it necessary. Highlights just how weak and stupid Putin is to be actively pushing others towards the coalition arrayed against him.

This is loving huge.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Well folks the invasion is happening. The 45th Guards have landed in designated areas and are currently sabotaging rail networks and bridges while Heavy fighting occurs in kharkov, dnipro and Mariupol.

Just kidding. Another boring day in Ukraines existential crisis.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Well folks the invasion is happening. The 45th Guards have landed in designated areas and are currently sabotaging rail networks and bridges while Heavy fighting occurs in kharkov, dnipro and Mariupol.

What's your other hand doing?

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Could you not post things like this actually?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Shut the gently caress up Gigolo you are a menace to this thread's mental health

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah your right jokes aside it wasn't such a great day for Ukraine.

Ushakov: Putin responds to Biden, if the West imposes destructive sanctions after Russia invades Ukraine, there will be complete shutdown of relations between Russia and U.S

Asked if he got the sense that Putin is any less likely to invade Ukraine after their conversation, @POTUS replied: "Well, I got the sense of is that he's agreed that we would have three major conferences in Europe in the beginning of the middle of the month

"I'm not gonna negotiate here in public but we made it clear he cannot, I'll emphasize, cannot invade Ukraine," adds @POTUS

With those three things in mind. Biden also said he would not be supplying offensive weapons to Ukraine. And potentially Russia will take the US threat of sanctions as an acceptable factor in an invasion plan.

And lol If my post weights more heavily on your consicous than 150,000 Russian troops doing pushups on the border while Donetsk and lugansk troops run battle drills every single day.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

And lol If my post weights more heavily on your consicous than 150,000 Russian troops doing pushups on the border while Donetsk and lugansk troops run battle drills every single day.

Shitposting as if you are reporting actual facts to a thread full of people who are directly impacted by the consequences of what you're joking about makes you a gigantic rear end in a top hat hth

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

:shibewow: Go back to GBS.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

cinci zoo sniper posted:

GBS don't want him either.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDEtCeeSp2k

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

you want this to happen, don't you

you'd like to watch civilians die under airstrikes as you sate your murderlust, wanking off with one hand and typing some boilerplate bullshit with the other. something about Putin being Bad, to fool yourself into a false sense of righteousness

i suppose your other sources of fresh combat footage ran dry or something

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Budzilla posted:

This is loving huge.

Nah, it was just a restatement of the fundamental Finnish foreign policy position of the last three decades that is no news to anyone, least of all to Russia. What was more interesting was Niinistö paraphrasing Kissinger's doctoral dissertation on how putting peace above all other foreign policy goals means surrendering the international system to its most merciless member. A very polite way of asking the EU and USA to please get their poo poo together and stop appeasing Putin.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

barbecue at the folks posted:

Nah, it was just a restatement of the fundamental Finnish foreign policy position of the last three decades that is no news to anyone, least of all to Russia. What was more interesting was Niinistö paraphrasing Kissinger's doctoral dissertation on how putting peace above all other foreign policy goals means surrendering the international system to its most merciless member. A very polite way of asking the EU and USA to please get their poo poo together and stop appeasing Putin.

Yeah, major changes in policy don't usually get announced in New Years addresses. Well, except that one time.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Cugel the Clever posted:

It's neat how Finland's national flower is one of the best smelling in the world and one of the deadliest at the same time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

It's neat how Finland's national flower is one of the best smelling in the world and one of the deadliest at the same time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3WNwNhHjSM

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

"
Ukrainian theatre director, ex chief director of Odesa opera and ballet theater Yevhen Lavrenchuk, has been detained in Italy at the request of Russia. It accuses him of financial fraud during his work there prior to 2014. He is in detention while Italy decides on his extradition
"

"
NATO has raised the readiness level of its Very High Readiness Joint Task Force (VJTF), per @barbarastarrcnn. The unit will now be ready to deploy within five days of being notified rather than the typical seven days, according to a European diplomatic source
"

"
An overview of Yelnya from 29th December courtesy of @planet and with @CSBiggers support. Clearly, more equipment arrived between early (latest @Maxar's image) and late December
"
"
EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell will visit Ukraine's frontline this week in a show of support for Kyiv in the face of Moscow's military buildup on its border, Brussels said
"

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://en.desk-russie.eu/2021/12/30/what-does-the-russian-ultimatum.html

Buckimir Turgidsonov posted:

we can solve the problem of neutralizing Europe and the United States only by physically eliminating them with our nuclear potential… The US and Europe will physically disappear. There will be almost no survivors. But we too will be destroyed. Unless the fate of Russia is better, because we have a large territory. Our opponents will not be able to destroy everything with nuclear strikes. Therefore, the percentage of the surviving population will be higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

But do we have a mineshaft gap???