Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

thinkin about s*akura m*ko

hey man

marumaru
May 20, 2013

is there an anime that fullfills the following conditions
- some characters are attractive, others are average, and some are below average-looking
- both in-universe and to us, the spectators (as in, the designs of the characters themselves range from below average to above average in terms of attractiveness)
- that also applies to the female characters of the show, who aren't all sporting chest sizes requiring composite material bras and victorian-era waists
- the characters' varying levels of attractiveness isn't just played as a gag / uglier characters aren't constantly made fun of but instead they just exist like normal people

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Tokyo Godfathers, maybe?

It definitely is a lot more grounded than aot of anime.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

marumaru posted:

- some characters are attractive, others are average, and some are below average-looking
- both in-universe and to us, the spectators (as in, the designs of the characters themselves range from below average to above average in terms of attractiveness)
- that also applies to the female characters of the show, who aren't all sporting chest sizes requiring composite material bras and victorian-era waists
- the characters' varying levels of attractiveness isn't just played as a gag / uglier characters aren't constantly made fun of but instead they just exist like normal people

gurazeni but since it’s about men’s minor league baseball there’s only one girl that shows up regularly and she’s conventionally pretty so

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

marumaru posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-91y7BJ8QA

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
What did i miss in the eight hours i was asleep while ya'll stayed online and posted for five straight pages

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

This show was so close to being my 2020 anime of the year

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

marumaru posted:

The Hakkenden, especially the eps animated by Yuasa lol

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

marumaru posted:

is there somewhere in SA where people post good youtubes? i like to watch youtubes while having lunch/dinner but the algorithm is really unreliable
i mostly stick to adtrw and a select few game threads so i have no idea where to look for it
Over in RGD, there's an iteration of the Online Creators + Reviewers thread, although inveriably there's some overlap with the recommendations already made ITT.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

polsy can unperson this thread from the graphs, its fine

I guess we're keeping this one after all

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

it wasn't a problem back then

now toei is actually letting people make one piece good and mappa is doing blood rituals to release adaptations of some of the biggest shonen currently going in a single year

If I were a sakuga lover I would find that simply epic. Setting yourself to be in opposition to the mainstream still means defining yourself by the mainstream as a metric! It is not true freedom!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

sa-poo-ga

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakuga ftw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cardcaptor Sakuga

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

sa-poo-ga

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

marumaru posted:

FLAG
The Hakkenden

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Erg posted:

Sakuga ftw

That show finally lost me around episode 10 or 11 when i just stopped giving a poo poo about what they're trying to accomplish. How does a show with an interesting premise and that much action manage to be so boring.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

you are thinking of sakugan (drilling), we are talking about sakuga (drawing)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I didn't know there were two. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sakuga is not a series, it is a term that is typically used to refer to cuts of animation that are exceptional in some way or another.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

marumaru posted:

Another Kon classic is Paranoia Agent.

Aku no Hana...

If it ever gets an adaptation: Dungeon Meshi.
The author is amazing at drawing varied characters, both male and female.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Old school gundam has some ugly motherfuckers just vibin'

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

marumaru posted:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

Tokyo Godfathers, maybe?

It definitely is a lot more grounded than aot of anime.

embarrassed to admit its been in my plan to watch list for years, need to sort that

Sakurazuka posted:

The Hakkenden, especially the eps animated by Yuasa lol

GorfZaplen posted:

FLAG
The Hakkenden

Lurking Haro posted:

Another Kon classic is Paranoia Agent.

Aku no Hana...

If it ever gets an adaptation: Dungeon Meshi.
The author is amazing at drawing varied characters, both male and female.

gonna give these a go, ty!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

so how bout that anime haha

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

homeless snail posted:

Welcome back, snail.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

homeless snail posted:

It's pretty good, except when it's bad.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Haven’t watched any since 2019 so I don’t know

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

El Burbo posted:

ah, a vtuber fan

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

homeless snail posted:

ah, a vtuber fan

wait i thought vtubers were anime

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Libelous

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tabletops posted:

wait i thought vtubers were anime

No they're burgers.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

El Burbo posted:

sitting down for 25ish minutes to watch an episode of an anime: feels like too much of a pain, even though I'd probably enjoy it
sitting down for 1 hour 45 to watch someone talk about lines at Disney World: not too much of a pain, might need a few breaks
sitting down for 6 hours to watch Tim Rogers talk about Tokimeki Memorial: simple, could probably do it in one sitting if life didn't get in the way

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

I have decided to not watch red letter media for the time being, and to instead watch jerma supercuts. Thank you for your input.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Sakuga is not a series, it is a term that is typically used to refer to cuts of animation that are exceptional in some way or another.
it's also a word mother's basement says every 7 seconds along with waifu and 'best girl'

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i think its cool when the animation is good

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh yeah? Well, I think it's cool when the animation is bad. Guess I just appreciate anime more.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

it's also a word mother's basement says every 7 seconds along with waifu and 'best girl'

one easy trick to solve that problem

You won't believe it !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Patware posted:

one easy trick to solve that problem

You won't believe it !
if i lived alone maybe. my roommates enjoy his videos