Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Four

astral posted:

you can build your own BYOB bundle over at humble, but what would the BYOB bundle on SA look like?

it stands for Build Your Own BYOB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Who's got two thumbs and a global pandemic virus? This chick, eyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Rarity posted:

TAKE MY LUNGS RARITY MY LIFE FOR YOU

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Heather Papps posted:

i, just like everyone, think a lot about the state of the world and whatever. some people i know and love think people are the worst and the planet is a gently caress but i try and maintain a silver linings perspective and here is one of the things about the world that makes me glad to be alive.

I really appreciate yr post and I love the times beacons of hope like this appear because I vacillate between both views and it's nice to be reminded of what it's like to feel stuff

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
AND WHEN I'M LYYYYING INNN MY BEEEEEDDDDDDD
I THINK ABOUT LIFE AND I THINK ABOUT DEAAAAATTTHHHHH
AND NEEEEIIIEEETHERRR ONNNNE
PAR-TIC-U-LAR-LYYYYY
APPEEEAAAAAAAALLLLSSTOMEEEEeeeeee

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Rarity posted:

pfff you'll slap omicron like the crappy decepticon that it is

Twenty Four

Rarity posted:

:( good luck, best wishes!

Escape From Noise

Rarity posted:

Oh geeze! Get well soon! I hope the vax helps! Seems like it does.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity, please stay safe! I love you!

Escape From Noise

I haven't had a haircut in a long time and am currently rocking some early 80's Nick Cave/J.G. Thirlwell hair.

For reference:

Manifisto

Rarity posted:

dang, sorry to hear that. hope your recovery is swift and uneventful.

that sounds terrifying and awful and I hope everything comes out fine.

thoughts going out to all the orbs dealing with bad stuff now!

B33rChiller

Hey folks. I ended up spending the afternoon doing my first pex plumbing job this afternoon. Never dealt with the stuff before, and when I went to turn on the water to the dock, one of the fittings started spraying everywhere in the crawl space. Oh cool. So it was my job to figure out what tools are needed for this weird crimp stuff, how to use it, and fix the problem. Only needed a couple attempts. Then I ate a massive bowl of cinnamon chex with a banana and fell asleep until midnight.

Hugs for orbs having a rough time.

Escape From Noise posted:

I haven't had a haircut in a long time and am currently rocking some early 80's Nick Cave/J.G. Thirlwell hair.

For reference:

Looking great!

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

B33rChiller posted:

Hey folks. I ended up spending the afternoon doing my first pex plumbing job this afternoon. Never dealt with the stuff before, and when I went to turn on the water to the dock, one of the fittings started spraying everywhere in the crawl space. Oh cool. So it was my job to figure out what tools are needed for this weird crimp stuff, how to use it, and fix the problem. Only needed a couple attempts. Then I ate a massive bowl of cinnamon chex with a banana and fell asleep until midnight.

Hugs for orbs having a rough time.

Looking great!

what do you think of pex now? i like it better

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

I was washing a washcloth in the sink with 75 degree water (you can set water temp here) and I accidentally sprayed a little bit right onto my crotch. It was a direct shot. :rip: 2 my right nut.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Robot Made of Meat

pnac attack posted:

what do you think of pex now? i like it better

I've thought about pex, but I've heard it's possible that mice will chew through it. My water chews through copper, but it takes quite a while.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I've thought about pex, but I've heard it's possible that mice will chew through it. My water chews through copper, but it takes quite a while.
Can confirm, have had mice chew through fridge-supply pex.

Also, turns out copper is actually really easy to work with, it's just much scarier because it involves a blowtorch.

cruft

Farecoal I'm glad things worked out okay. Rarity, things are gonna work out okay!

I have to go back to work today. Booooo.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
holy poo poo I hate doing plumbing so much

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

B33rChiller

Honestly, I might prefer soldering copper, or threading steel pipe. Bit of a pain to line up and have room to swing the big old crimper in a tight spot. Less hassle than I was expecting though. I'll choose the plumbing over the carpentry job any day.

Dr. Honked posted:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

cruft posted:

I have to go back to work today. Booooo.

I'm back at work too, but mainly spending my time doing the absolute skeleton of responsibilities and looking for new work the rest of the time.

I realized I had to bail when over the course of just a few months a program I grew from scratch fell apart with staff departures and I wasn't given the tools to find new people. Now something I made is essentially gone. I went from fully staffed to basically just two people who may themselves leave any moment. Very disheartening.

B33rChiller

Bo-Pepper posted:

I'm back at work too, but mainly spending my time doing the absolute skeleton of responsibilities and looking for new work the rest of the time.

I realized I had to bail when over the course of just a few months a program I grew from scratch fell apart with staff departures and I wasn't given the tools to find new people. Now something I made is essentially gone. I went from fully staffed to basically just two people who may themselves leave any moment. Very disheartening.

Sounds like our employers share a similar philosophy of "There is no recruitment and retention problem. Lalalalalala I can't hear you"

Dr. Honked posted:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

B33rChiller posted:

Sounds like our employers share a similar philosophy of "There is no recruitment and retention problem. Lalalalalala I can't hear you"

It's more like a rigid philosophy of separation between departments. I absolutely cannot recruit and interview on my own without the sole HR recruitment representative being part of it. The thing is, everyone needs staff, so this one person is spread incredibly thin. If you don't have their attention, nothing can get done. In my prior job, I did so much of the recruitment that I basically did almost all of HR's work in terms of hiring. I liked it that way.

2Fast2Nutricious

astral posted:

you can build your own BYOB bundle over at humble, but what would the BYOB bundle on SA look like?

ty i now have batman

cruft

Bo-Pepper posted:

I realized I had to bail when over the course of just a few months a program I grew from scratch fell apart with staff departures and I wasn't given the tools to find new people.

This is happening to me, too, but I'm being pestered to hire into the vacancies and pushing back.

I went through the dot-com boom and saw what happens when your top priority is having the "correct" number of employees. I'd rather struggle and continue with the practice of promoting people than risk further attrition from hiring into vacancies rather than promoting people who've been with me for years.

Anyway this sucks and I'm sorry to read I'm not the only one seeing it.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Yeah this is another reason why I'm looking elsewhere. We have promotion vacancies in the agency I work for, but see neither my peers or I getting promoted into them. Basically there's no potential for movement. I learned that lesson a long time ago not to tolerate that.

nesamdoom

i love ai pictures
I'm 770 posts behind and not in the sobrietymood to catch up. xmas added some more days to spend with my kid during custody court waiting for an actual hearing to happen and that's awesome but then i had a week with no babydude so I figured I'd go post in trashed crew when I was sobersocial enough to type things. the last few weeks is the most i've seen him in that much time since july when his mum blew a bitch-fuse and tried telling me i'd never see him again unless i agreed to her demands. I made her look lovely in the temp hearing(she shouldn't have testified kuz that let me ask her stuff under oath that she knows I can prove with video and audio and witnesses and txts...) and she perjured herself because over 5 questions she went from something never happened to her saying she didn't remember it when I got specific, really the whole line of questions were subjects and inqueries going from basal to specific to continue to draw info that she was intentionally withholding after my bit where i was open and honest about things. she's broken both court orders(with admissably documented evidence) issued so far and i've followed them exemplarly.
Sometime somewhere I'm gonna post a long rear end thread for all of this stuff, kuz it sucks being too broke for a lawyer and having to do all this poo poo just to get to get equal rights. One thing I learned is if in a state like Iowa and ya have a kid with someone that's lovely a lot of the time, one should keep the kid from them kuz the state doesn't wanna do fuckall... Downside if you're the good parent and the dude for some places kuz iowa would rather let methhead moms have their kid in a rehab facility than the kid be in a normal home with their dad.
Anyways, I'm gonna kill in court and I've already got a better deal than she has with her other kids(she should have stuck to trashin' when not watching children) so I'm just more and more looking like I'm not the dickhead(I really am not, I just pissed her off because I only paid attention to the boy and didn't care to be a part of her stupid lifestyle of arguing and lying to her friends for attention).

Fröhen Montag! Ya'll seen any good poo poo for me to watch this week? wanna read a stupid poem I wrote based on the hacking a terminal words from fallout new vegas? remember knocking on a door to see if someone was home and their mum answering and then you had to make up some reason to see them other than ya just got some weed and wanted to smoke? remember slanging oatmeal creme pies on the busride to school kuz a box was 1.09 and ya could make 3 buck selling at a quarter a piece and how the principal called ya in the office kuz you'd been industrius as gently caress and were making decent money for an eleven year old hustling snacks on the way to school?

I'll try not to lurk so long that I run up a tab in my head of poo poo I wanna say.

Also, I have my song pronouncing mouse as Maus and I very much love everything he pronounces more in the german style. he hasn't started using and yet but i def think he will use und. I love that his mum was pissed at me that she had to tell him what to do in the few german phrases she knew from me to get him to listen to her. was so hilariously obvious he only listened to me when he still wouldn't do what she wanted until I said the poo poo in Englisch oder Deutsch. Anyone know what to call the Spanglish equivalent to English/Deutsch?

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
right on right on

----------------

Manifisto

very sorry you're facing these issues friend, sounds like things are royally messed up, hang in there

ty nesamdoom!

nesamdoom

i love ai pictures

Manifisto posted:

very sorry you're facing these issues friend, sounds like things are royally messed up, hang in there

honestly, BYOB has been helping a lot to keep a vibe from reading stuff. My brother has done so much talking to me about poo poo and skyping him and his kids reminded me to not go do some poo poo, which naturally I tend to make my own problems worse, to gently caress up my court stuff. I am gonna do good in the end, it's really been the time not seeing the dude or going like a week without that it sucks a lot. I might let poo poo slip from my head sometimes, but I'm not trying to dump everything on people. normally if too much comes out ppl ignore it and that's best. Seriously, I'm on track to win... I just think winning is him having equal time with both of us and she thinks its full control of him and me giving her money while I don't see him..

I record and save everything. She can gently caress with him for years and eventually he is gonna see all of it... Its sad but someday he will know she was more angry that I didnt' wanna sub to her demands than she was about his future. but she isn't the kind of person that can see past their own demands.

I'll be fine, I'm fine, and nothing could gently caress with that unless it hurts the dude. Thanks a lot for caring. Someday I hope ya see some version of doom that is him on the forums. it will be a very long time, but hopefully in a decade or so we are all able to keep :justpost:n

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Robot Made of Meat

B33rChiller posted:

Honestly, I might prefer soldering copper, or threading steel pipe. Bit of a pain to line up and have room to swing the big old crimper in a tight spot. Less hassle than I was expecting though. I'll choose the plumbing over the carpentry job any day.

When I was thinking of doing it, there was something (PEX-A??) where you just got a tool that went inside the pipe, and it stretched it out. Then you quickly removed the tool and put the pipe onto a barb fitting. In a moment or so, the PEX re-shrank and grabbed permanently onto the barb. One of the many benefits of this product for those of us who live in The Frozen North (TM) is that the PEX won't burst when it freezes, unlike copper.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I'm hoppin' mad for no reason if anybody wants to SCRAP. Put up your dukes everybody, I'm throwin'... hands!!!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

cruft

How Wonderful! posted:

I'm hoppin' mad for no reason if anybody wants to SCRAP. Put up your dukes everybody, I'm throwin'... hands!!!

You're on.

I'm throwin'... socks!

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

How Wonderful! posted:

these dukes don't get much higher, let's friggin rumble

----------------

How Wonderful!

Hold on gimme five minutes to stretch and drink a water, I need to be able to do my roundhouse kicks

cruft

How Wonderful! posted:

Hold on gimme five minutes to stretch and drink a water, I need to be able to do my roundhouse kicks

Ha ha, cute, you haven't started doing roundhotel kicks yet.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i’m only doing squarecottage hugs :blush:

How Wonderful!

I'll air bnb* your asses

*"bust n' break"

cruft

I'm gonna F your S up!

* Fix your System

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY0eUQ06Q2g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

lol

ty nesamdoom!