Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Honestly as a BLM main I like several of the WHM weapons more than the BLM one from the same source

Also surprised they haven’t just started doing variant models for BLM/WHM staffs like they do for SMN/SCH book or caster/healer gear. Not that I’m complaining, that poo poo sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Dryzen posted:

I don't think anyone was presenting it as glowing praise lol people are having genuine discussions about it but you just keep throwing out stuff like this

Yes, I am well known for that. Clearly.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Kyrosiris posted:

All these posts about MCH weapons and no mention of the Revolver of the Wanderer? smdh

:yeah:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Hellioning posted:

Yes, I am well known for that. Clearly.

Genuinely can’t tell if this is smug bullshit or you not able to remember your own posts so happy new year instead :cheerdoge:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

i did the challenge log this week and got 4 and a half levels. it is insane that no one can just say "i didnt have as much fun in eureka as in bozja" without also just making poo poo up. it happens every single time lol.

i didn't have as much fun in eureka as in bozja, as i only did both as they came out and never went back to either in future patches, and it took them a long time to fix eureka whereas bozja came in the state that eureka is in now, when it released

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think I only need 3 more Bozja logs for the mount. Really hate being that close to the end so I feel I have to do it.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Pollyanna posted:

Hot take: I’ve never seen a WHM weapon I liked. 89EX’s is just sad.

My forever favorite is the Alkalurops. The flower folds open and plays a chime when unsheathed! :3:

It has a couple differently colored shared models in the Hallowed Chestnut Wand and Larch Wand.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I was starting to get mildly curious about Eureka before people started being condescending assholes about it again.

This time while other people are insisting that people who play Eureka are actually really nice, honest.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No seriously this stuff about the osode/robe really piqued my interest, I had no idea this existed

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I bought the vermillion robe purely for glamour purposes. I'm thinking about doing the same for the osode, but I can't decide which job I should buy it for. The robe's useful for the hour or so I spend in Eureka every 6 months or whatever.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Badger of Basra posted:

Honestly as a BLM main I like several of the WHM weapons more than the BLM one from the same source

Also surprised they haven’t just started doing variant models for BLM/WHM staffs like they do for SMN/SCH book or caster/healer gear. Not that I’m complaining, that poo poo sucks

I'm a little surprised myself at the lack of occasional BLM/WHM staff model swapping. Maybe it's for lore reasons? Thaumaturge/Black Mage weapons are generally made out of bone, metal, and gems because they conduct the right kind of aether while Conjurer/White Mage wands and staves are supposed to be wood and plant material of some sort or another, the more alive, the better.

So many newer healer sticks are just whatever looks pretty, though. Not all that woody. Maybe they're lacquered wood?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I absolutely hated Pagos at launch, vile poo poo that nearly gave me snow blindness whenever it had sunny weather. Now with all the nerfs and the echo and an osode, it goes pretty darn quick at least. I went from Pagos > BA during ShB lull. Light farming is super quick if you join a Louhi prep group, the zombies you have to kill to spawn him give a ton of light. The community on Elemental DC is pretty great even with the language barrier, and also 95% of BA runs are done without outside organisation/communication/callouts, its fun as hell. There is one discord that organises newbie runs but they only do it once per weekend day, so its still pretty organic.

I do think the best Eureka strat is 1) kill random level-appropriate poo poo to do your weekly log then 2) go around and help farm mobs to prep NMs for your level. Once every NM in a zone has popped either the instance will be dying or the internal cooldown for the first NM's spawn will be almost finished so either way just repeat the NM prep cycle :v:

The Eureka tracker is a really good tool that everyone should have a look at while they're in there. On mobile atm but someone definitely has a link.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Consummate Professional posted:

I think I only need 3 more Bozja logs for the mount. Really hate being that close to the end so I feel I have to do it.

Hopefully you have the Steel and Flame one already, that was my last one and it took me 30 hours alone :v:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Pagos is cool, i like dropping down onto the cliff ledges and they were cowards for shoving the pyros dragons off to the side

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kazy posted:

Hopefully you have the Steel and Flame one already, that was my last one and it took me 30 hours alone :v:

I need Lyon and Lyon, so every time I think about going back in it's... oof.

I've griped before, if I could just queue up a duel and take them on when I felt like it I would enjoy them a lot, but the mindset needed to grind/wait around for one, and then shifting gears into the dueling headspace, that's not something I can do easily.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Kazy posted:

I am certainly not going to look tonight, because I am gonna guess I'm missing it.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ibblebibble posted:

I absolutely hated Pagos at launch, vile poo poo that nearly gave me snow blindness whenever it had sunny weather. Now with all the nerfs and the echo and an osode, it goes pretty darn quick at least. I went from Pagos > BA during ShB lull. Light farming is super quick if you join a Louhi prep group, the zombies you have to kill to spawn him give a ton of light. The community on Elemental DC is pretty great even with the language barrier, and also 95% of BA runs are done without outside organisation/communication/callouts, its fun as hell. There is one discord that organises newbie runs but they only do it once per weekend day, so its still pretty organic.

I do think the best Eureka strat is 1) kill random level-appropriate poo poo to do your weekly log then 2) go around and help farm mobs to prep NMs for your level. Once every NM in a zone has popped either the instance will be dying or the internal cooldown for the first NM's spawn will be almost finished so either way just repeat the NM prep cycle :v:

The Eureka tracker is a really good tool that everyone should have a look at while they're in there. On mobile atm but someone definitely has a link.

https://ffxiv-eureka.com/

It has a thing for tracking logos actions (including recipes for all of them) as well as a tool for tracking NMs. Usually, someone will be running a tracker for the instance when you go in, so you can shout to ask for the link. Of course, that was back when it was more populated in the pre-EW lull, but you can run your own anyway, it's nice to know the required weather and which mobs to fight.

I also used this guide, which has a bunch of general advice and links to maps for each zone with NMs and enemy levels and quest objectives.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Dryzen posted:

Genuinely can’t tell if this is smug bullshit or you not able to remember your own posts so happy new year instead :cheerdoge:

Honestly, I was trying to come up with something cool and disaffected to reply with.

Anyway yeah Happy New Year.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

What is the Eureka earring thing I kept hearing about while waiting 5 more minutes for Chi?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Hot take: I’ve never seen a WHM weapon I liked. 89EX’s is just sad.

they got it right in 2.0 with the madman's whispering rod, no need for anything else

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Venuz Patrol posted:

they got it right in 2.0 with the madman's whispering rod, no need for anything else

It's perfect for conjury! That staff is about as alive as it gets!

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Consummate Professional posted:

What is the Eureka earring thing I kept hearing about while waiting 5 more minutes for Chi?

Cassie in pagos has a really really rare chance to drop cassie's earring which has bonus eureka stats.

She's also on a long respawn timer

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dryzen posted:

Cassie in pagos has a really really rare chance to drop cassie's earring which has bonus eureka stats.

She's also on a long respawn timer

People will pay absurd amounts of money for that +3 haste and the groups trying to farm those money drops are the most toxic thing I've seen in this game.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Bruceski posted:

People will pay absurd amounts of money for that +3 haste and the groups trying to farm those money drops are the most toxic thing I've seen in this game.

Do you mean real money or gil? Either way, sounds like a miserable way to play the game.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Bruceski posted:

"groups"?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Bruceski posted:

So it really is like FFXI! :v:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Questions about Pandaemonium 4: During the attack where everyone is teathered to an orb, I get that someone else that isn't the marked role on it must eat the ball.

1. Are the orbs distributed roles such that it is 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 DPS? Therefore, in order to be most efficient, tanks and healers must absorb the DPS orbs, so that the remaining orbs the DPS can absorb. Is that the right of it?

2. More of a tank courtesy thing: I find that if I use cooldowns (specifically, Bloodwhetting), I could possibly absorb 2 orbs (The orbs put stacks of Thrice Come Ruin so 2 is the absolute limit). Should I not do this if I do not absolutely need to, for the sake of not stressing out the healers?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I randomly got the speed belt drop from the crab NM in Pagos, used it for the rest of Eureka, and now it turned into a ring and is no longer spiritbonded, so I can sell it!

Well, eventually, no Eureka items have been moving on the market board since EW came out :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Questions about Pandaemonium 4: During the attack where everyone is teathered to an orb, I get that someone else that isn't the marked role on it must eat the ball.

1. Are the orbs distributed roles such that it is 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 DPS? Therefore, in order to be most efficient, tanks and healers must absorb the DPS orbs, so that the remaining orbs the DPS can absorb. Is that the right of it?

2. More of a tank courtesy thing: I find that if I use cooldowns (specifically, Bloodwhetting), I could possibly absorb 2 orbs (The orbs put stacks of Thrice Come Ruin so 2 is the absolute limit). Should I not do this if I do not absolutely need to, for the sake of not stressing out the healers?

It's fine to take two orbs, if you notice when you grab one you get a stack of "thrice come ruin" which means you will die if you grab three, but two is no problem. I don't think it requires too much thought in normal mode and you can just grab whatever doesn't match you.

Now because of the thrice come ruin thing I'm pretty confident that savage tomorrow is gonna make this mechanic much more complicated.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Unlucky7 posted:

1 At least in a standard group, the orbs are distributed 2,2,4 - matching the job they tether too. I don't know what happens if it's 8 tanks or whatever.

2. They do 60+% of a healer's HP bar, so they can be hefty unmitigated. You should easily be able to do 2 as a tank, especially with a CD, and my fc groups tanks usually do.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Unlucky7 posted:

Fun fact, the orbs always spawn in that standard set so if you're doing Solo Tank/Solo Healer shenanigans poo poo goes really sideways and you end up just having to sacrifice a DPS to the mechanic.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Regy Rusty posted:

It's fine to take two orbs, if you notice when you grab one you get a stack of "thrice come ruin" which means you will die if you grab three, but two is no problem. I don't think it requires too much thought in normal mode and you can just grab whatever doesn't match you.

Now because of the thrice come ruin thing I'm pretty confident that savage tomorrow is gonna make this mechanic much more complicated.

Yeah, my betting is that Thrice Come becomes Twice Come and you have to organize it properly, i.e. DPS on T/H orbs, T/H on DPS orbs.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Ohhh so that's (probably) why I died randomly.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://twitter.com/ff14forums_txt/status/1478093878607687691?s=20

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

every time people realize that eureka is bad design even if there are now copious band-aids, it gives me strength :yeshaha:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
unfortunately it's only elemental level 25 strength so we're still going to be posting in pagos for a while

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have completed every role quest and have 5 characters at 565ilvl.

After tomorrow I'll go back to taking it easy with this game lol, gonna do a slow burn with the crafting/gathering classes and not rush them, especially since I should save some of them to get boosted by crafting/gathering tribes lol

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 4, 2022

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

gently caress savage raids, who's ready for hype dungeon tomorrow?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Sinteres posted:

gently caress savage raids, who's ready for hype dungeon tomorrow?

I have 20 maps and am going to be running it all day. I am hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I took one look in Eureka when I was unlocking everything I could see last year, thought 'this looks like grindy poo poo I'm not going to care about ever' and never went back lol