Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, my betting is that Thrice Come becomes Twice Come and you have to organize it properly, i.e. DPS on T/H orbs, T/H on DPS orbs.

(Pandaemonium 4 stuff)The way I've seen it handled is DPS on intercardinals and tanks/healers on cardinals, then everyone grabs the orb to their left. With the way Savage fights love clock mechanics, I'm betting that'll be the standard way to resolve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Wylie posted:

(Pandaemonium 4 stuff)The way I've seen it handled is DPS on intercardinals and tanks/healers on cardinals, then everyone grabs the orb to their left. With the way Savage fights love clock mechanics, I'm betting that'll be the standard way to resolve it.

That seems incredibly smooth and I haven't ever seen it in any random DFs of panda 4, lol.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The true savage experience tomorrow will be me trying to figure out a crafting rotation that'll let me use the cheapest melds my penny-pinching rear end is willing to spring for.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
so what's the hype dungeon for, getting crafting mats for the 580 5 slot gear?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
glams, minions, and furniture most likely

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Zeruel posted:

so what's the hype dungeon for, getting crafting mats for the 580 5 slot gear?

Hype.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

This is just a jumble of words I refuse to accept that they are meant to convey anything.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

are you samurai or are you dancer

simple enough

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Pollyanna posted:

Hot take: I’ve never seen a WHM weapon I liked. 89EX’s is just sad.

How do you not love the Sabotender Cane? It’s so good.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Thanks for the heads up on the Eureka armor thingy. Knocking out mobs for the challenge log felt nice and brisk and managed to climb from something like elvl 24 to 29? At least this feels like something I can knock out over time now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I assume that post was machine translated into English from some other language

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

what the hell is an osode

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Kerrzhe posted:

what the hell is an osode

osodeez nuts bitch

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

osodeez nuts bitch

fuuuuuuuuuuu

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Regy Rusty posted:

It's fine to take two orbs, if you notice when you grab one you get a stack of "thrice come ruin" which means you will die if you grab three, but two is no problem. I don't think it requires too much thought in normal mode and you can just grab whatever doesn't match you.

Now because of the thrice come ruin thing I'm pretty confident that savage tomorrow is gonna make this mechanic much more complicated.

It is debatably ok to take 2 orbs. The orbs still hit for a lot of damage. Took 3 deaths before I noticed oh the orbs do about half my health even when done correctly. So while yeah, you can do 2 without getting the death effect from the debuff, you may want to wait for a heal between the orbs.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

It is debatably ok to take 2 orbs. The orbs still hit for a lot of damage. Took 3 deaths before I noticed oh the orbs do about half my health even when done correctly. So while yeah, you can do 2 without getting the death effect from the debuff, you may want to wait for a heal between the orbs.

As a 565 healer I took 2 DPS orbs and died instantly from raw damage lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/ThePhookas/status/1478045745928413186

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sadu and then Godbert twice.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

In a party, as reaper. :c00lbert:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mordiceius posted:

In a party, as reaper. :c00lbert:

The rest were grouped before queueing

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
given that osode are specifically those great big pauldron-shields on late heian period samurai armor, chiefly meant as protection while mounted and using a bow

i dunno if i trust the xi/xiv armor can really serve that function

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Hogama posted:

given that osode are specifically those great big pauldron-shields on late heian period samurai armor, chiefly meant as protection while mounted and using a bow

i dunno if i trust the xi/xiv armor can really serve that function

boob slider: minimum

problem solved

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Sadu, Merlwyb, and of course, my best buddy Gaius Baelsar

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Sadu, Pippin, and, of course, Godbert. Unbeatable team, right there.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gaius, Emet and Zenos. El Tres Problematicos.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Nanamo, Teledji, Adeledji.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

zenos krile yshtola

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Laurisse de Jervaint, Alpha, Zenos, and Sadu

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Gaius, Estinien, Lyna. They can just talk. :swoon:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

G’raha tia, Zenos and Emet Selch

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

So for anyone looking to cap culinarian desynth for, uh, reasons? There's a new fish introduced with Endwalker, righteye flounder, that is dirt cheap on the MB atm and will take you all the way to 580 really easily.

This is funny to me because I immediately recognized that name: it's the fake-out medium fish from the spot where everybody wants the *other* medium fish to desynth into endtide aethersand.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Sadu, Godbert, Estinien. The sustain is bad but the burst phase... the burst phase is good.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Emet-Selch, Ryne, Kan-E Senna. Now I don't know if everyone will get along, but I love all of them so that's gotta count for something. :v:

Also on Eureka vs Bozja, I massively prefer Eureka because it really encapsulates that old mmo feeling of just grinding and chilling and chatting. I hated doing the bozja zones, I actually hated the CE fights, because they involved way too much effort for their reward. Also just getting that + elemental level was a substantial reward and felt good, and they should've started that in earlier zones before Hydatos but it was great. Also just way more random rewards from fates, Bozja is much more structured and has way less glams. At the end of the day, I had fun in Eureka, hated my time in Bozja and the only reason I got so many relics is because they made getting them a joke.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Zenos, Sadu and Yshtola. All my wives

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Patch notes are up.

Bunshin transforms into Phantom Kamaitachi and Fleeting Raiju isn't a gap closer any more + potency buff. woot

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah skinny sabotender woo.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Chillgamesh posted:

Patch notes are up.

Bunshin transforms into Phantom Kamaitachi and Fleeting Raiju isn't a gap closer any more + potency buff. woot

Oh neat, they made it so the Phoenix trance spells do more damage than the Bahamut ones, to make up for not having deathflare.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I mean, mettle rewards and proper use of essences makes Bozja feel pretty rewarding too when you can just turn yourself into an unkillable engine of destruction. Especially compared to all the people around you with Megalixir Syndrome who refuse to ever equip a Lost Action in case they need it later. You also feel like a badass when you actually dodge everything successfully in a CE, compared to NMs and their one to three attacks each.

Having played old school EQ, I have fond memories but I never, ever want to play that poo poo again. Part of the reason I like Eureka less than Bozja is that it deliberately attempts to invoke that era of "well what else are you gonna play" MMOs, which still shows through at times even now that you're buffed to the gills when you go into it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Surprised Reaper got away with only a crest nerf. Fine by me! Bringing DRG up was a better decision anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Chillgamesh posted:

Patch notes are up.

Anyone feel like explaining the significance of dancer changes:

quote:

Standard Finish Action category has been changed from ability to weaponskill.
Technical Finish Action category has been changed from ability to weaponskill.
Tillana Action category has been changed from ability to weaponskill.

...Something to do with the esprit gauge, maybe? Does anything else care?