Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Maugrim posted:

The money went out this morning of course, but from a quick Google I get the impression that it's my responsibility as tenant to make sure the rent gets to his account by the 1st. Is that correct? I guess that would mean I need to move the standing order to like the 28th or something.

He's an extremely spiteful guy so we put a lot of effort into not pissing him off or ever having contact with him if possible.

When I was last renting, my rent was due on the 14th, a careful study of the calendar with the various bank holidays (especially Easter & Xmas/New Year) meant to be sure it was in the landlord's account by 14th, I had to set my standing order for the 9th. My landperson though was a pretty reasonable sort and would have been ok with it landing in a couple of days late so long as there was a bank holiday or something to account for it.

What a page snipe!

13 lucky for some.

I wish I had a puddy tat to post pix of but we're not allowed pets here so I would have to have an indoor cat, but also the thought of a litter tray stinking out my tiny flat and the possibility of a kitty escaping through an open front door into the maze of the building doesn't bear thinking about!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You could have a guinea pig.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

crispix posted:

or Simply Sara

*not to be undertaken before arrangements made with your undertaker

He made a croque monsieur on Saturday Kitchen this week that used 200g of butter to fry a sandwich with a cheese sauce that had 50g of butter in it.

https://www.jamesmartinchef.co.uk/recipes/christmas-leftovers-croque-monsieur/

It just looked so oily.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Pablo Bluth posted:

Finally escaped house arrest, having had to do the full 11 days. Used my freedom to do a 5km walk at 7am.

And now back to the grindstone of working at home...

Edit: I use Olivio to reduce unhealthy fats in my diet, but the idea that they are superior to the lovely, lovely taste of butter is just bullshit talk.

I had a checkup a month ago and my total cholesterol level is 3.6 mmol/mol which is pretty darn good I am told, my diet is heavy in butter and whole milk.

feedmegin posted:

For cooking related stuff I prefer LARD. Or beef dripping. I should try the latter spread on toast as well, tbf, proper old school like.

I've looked for lard so hard here, but all you can get is unrefined raw lard. It's too much work to render it myself...

Whenever I fry pork belly slices though, I save the drippings and crusty bits, goes great on bread.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 4, 2022

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I wish I had a puddy tat to post pix of but we're not allowed pets here so I would have to have an indoor cat, but also the thought of a litter tray stinking out my tiny flat and the possibility of a kitty escaping through an open front door into the maze of the building doesn't bear thinking about!

Embrace Web 1.0 and get a bonsai kitten

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Maugrim posted:

The money went out this morning of course, but from a quick Google I get the impression that it's my responsibility as tenant to make sure the rent gets to his account by the 1st. Is that correct? I guess that would mean I need to move the standing order to like the 28th or something.

He's an extremely spiteful guy so we put a lot of effort into not pissing him off or ever having contact with him if possible.

Depends what your contract says, but in general yes. That being said unless your contract clearly stipulates the landlord can charge you for extra for late payments (and how much they can charge is very heavily regulated by the Tenant Fees Act 2019) there’s unlikely to be much in the way of a specific penalty for being a day late.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Guavanaut posted:

Guinea pigs are a pro-tier pet, deceptively smart for a creature that will walk straight off an open ledge.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Guavanaut posted:

I had guinea pigs in my teens. I called them Belka and Strelka.
I also had posters of Lenin on my bedroom walls.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Total Meatlove posted:

Embrace Web 1.0 and get a bonsai kitten

Make a NFT of it and post it on the blockchain for full Web 3.0 goodness.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Some stunning work this morning in relaunching Labour, perfect blend of woke and anti-woke. Especially like the firm policy position of 'people who contribute should get sonething back'. Good of Keith to congratulate the Tories on their steady governance of the nation. Loved the moment where he started openly weeping, pulling a big flag around his shoulders like a lovely comfy duvet.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

^^^ photoshop the egg in there

Guavanaut posted:

*reverently* we have been visited by the godpig

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

That is a really nice and simple way of storing butter, i'm impressed.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

keep punching joe posted:

Loved the moment where he started openly weeping, pulling a big flag around his shoulders like a lovely comfy duvet.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Looks like a puppet.

Hmm, makes u think

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keep punching joe posted:

Some stunning work this morning in relaunching Labour, perfect blend of woke and anti-woke. Especially like the firm policy position of 'people who contribute should get sonething back'. Good of Keith to congratulate the Tories on their steady governance of the nation. Loved the moment where he started openly weeping, pulling a big flag around his shoulders like a lovely comfy duvet.

https://twitter.com/BareLeft/status/1478311435788771330?s=20

Absolutely majestic stuff.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Hey Siri play the worst cover of love me I'm a liberal

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Sort of drowsy

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
It's when you keep your eyes open for social injustice but don't do anything about it out of principle

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
she prob thinks the most cunning part of that is that she's made thick people think she watches television, just like they do :smug:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

It really is fascinating watching the whole party attempt to become a completely featureless blob of perfectly median opinions and feelings

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Borrovan posted:

Hey Siri play the worst cover of love me I'm a liberal
I cry at the strictly come dancing
And I hope a minority wins
I make sure each piece of my rubbish
Goes into the right colour bins
But my drones said you went to a protest
And that's why I'm turning you in

So love me, love me, love me, I'm not anti-woke

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1478335685375504384

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

TACD posted:

It really is fascinating watching the whole party attempt to become a completely featureless blob of perfectly median opinions and feelings

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Maybe not the best time for the Royal Family to be talking about children and judging

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Guavanaut posted:

I cry at the strictly come dancing
And I hope a minority wins
I make sure each piece of my rubbish
Goes into the right colour bins
But my drones said you went to a protest
And that's why I'm turning you in

So love me, love me, love me, I'm not anti-woke

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
3 pledges will be much quicker and easier to carve onto an Edstone; you people need to stop carping and appreciate the pragmatic simplicity of all this.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

of course the only consistent principle he has is security

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

TACD posted:

God forbid they say anything of principle that might offend a potential voter somewhere.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Which axis country are these ones from?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
If you want to keep your cereal crispy rather than soggy put in the milk first, cereal second

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
wuruwruuwrghghhgah puhtruhuhtuc wut uggs und cumpulsuhruh poppehs all yuhr round aruurughgh

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Capybaras are the chillest rodents.

My gran taught me the pro move for cooking smaller birds is to get several pig skin squares and stitch the bird inside with whatever veg (garlic and onion usually) inside and roast. Not particularly kosher gran :monocle:, but you can't argue with the results :shrug:

All the rendered fat is super good for gravy.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Sounds positively mediaeval

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Sounds like something you'd have to eat with a towel over your head

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

crispix posted:

wuruwruuwrghghhgah puhtruhuhtuc wut uggs und cumpulsuhruh poppehs all yuhr round aruurughgh

i think the compulsory poppers policy will be popular

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

His Divine Shadow posted:

I've looked for lard so hard here, but all you can get is unrefined raw lard. It's too much work to render it myself...

Not common in America, either, but you can find it in the Mexican aisle in big tubs labelled 'manteca' at room temperature. Probably not helpful in Finland, though.

Beef dripping, no chance. But over here they're, just, like, right next to the butter and marge, bit old fashioned maybe but I guess there are enough Boomers who grew up in the 50s around that all the supermarkets carry it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I have one of these automatic-cleaning litter trays, originally bought in the beforetimes to try and stop the dog eating cat turds[1] while I was at work[2] but kept on despite the relative priciness of the trays because it really does reduce the litter smell to basically nothing within about ten minutes of being used. And also because I'm a deeply lazy person and a litter tray that just needs cleaning once a month would be worth ten times that to me.

[1] Labrador, nothing else really needs to be said, other than for a while I thought that she was developing a bladder problem because she was pissing on the doormat while I was at work - however I eventually realised she was eating the cat poo poo, which is of course made from the (loving expensive) special food he has to have to make him piss more because the poor little bastard almost died of a urinary blockage that was so painful it took two vials of ketamine to calm him down enough to even get him in the carrier to go to the vets. Turns out more than enough of the active ingredient was making it through his system to mean the dog's lovely warm mid-morning snack was making *her* piss more.
[2] I have a cat flap, but because there's a lot of other cats around who love to just loving wander in - seriously, I left the back door open on a hot day and found one of them taking a poo poo in the spare room - I got one of those electronic ones that work off the chip in his back to only let him in. However the clicking of the mechanism traumatised him enough that he won't go near it now even though I've taken the lock mechanism out (or, more likely, because he's realised it's much more fun to just make me get up and let him out).

Wait why do I have pets again?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Sounds positively mediaeval

She's Belgian, what can I say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Chip advice needed, goons.

So, the other day I made what I think might just be the perfect chip.

Boiled for longer than you'd think you'd need, skin on, in salty water, until the skin starts to fall off. Put the chipped potatoes in while the water is still cold though to ensure even cooking. Meanwhile heat duck fat in a baking tray in a fan oven at 200. Once chips are boiled, colander and shake vigorously. Leave to dry off for 10-15 minutes while the fat gets super hot and finish with a pat dry with kitchen roll. Then put em in the boiling hot fat and stick em in the oven for 25. Flip after 25 and leave for another 30. Take em out, onto a plate covered in kitchen roll, then pat dry again with kitchen roll. Is there anything, other than maybe some rosemary, I could be doing better? I really feel like I've got this down to a fine art but I'm always looking to improve my chip game.

Flour perhaps? It feels like it might be over kill as they're already very crispy. I might try with bigger spuds as the King Edwards I'm using do make a quite small chip.