Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

nope, none at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

i'd like to kick that fucker right in the nads

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If we're the silencing generation then why doesn't he shut up??

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Downloading Animal House in secret and watching it in a darkened room rn.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

quote:

When we were a little older, we subscribed to National Lampoon, a magazine that knew nothing is funny unless someone is offended, and the more they’re offended, the funnier it is. We laughed at “Blazing Saddles” and “Animal House,” films you aren’t permitted to see unless you download them when no one is looking.

It’s amazing how often they miss the point of that movie. I bet the author stood up and saluted at the end of Starship Troopers too.

I like how “Millennials” is a dog whistle for “poo poo take incoming” majority of the time. Only word I can think of with a higher likelihood (other than obvious slurs) is “feminists.”

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

MILLENIALS.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Applewhite posted:

Downloading Animal House in secret and watching it in a darkened room rn.

Pictured:

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

imagine leveraging your status, wealth, time etc to get your stupid ramblings into the famously ethicless editorial section of the WSJ just to own your child/students. in 30 years I hope to see some addled millennial elder absolutely screaming about "Chrono Trigger on the SNES" in the WSJ editorial section, or "Actually Gen1 pokemon are superior", and it will be treated with the same earnest confusion by young people in school who are mislead into thinking NYT/WSJ is serious adult news and not a weird propaganda outlet for the rich and connected.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hell astro course posted:

imagine leveraging your status, wealth, time etc to get your stupid ramblings into the famously ethicless editorial section of the WSJ just to own your child/students. in 30 years I hope to see some addled millennial elder absolutely screaming about "Chrono Trigger on the SNES" in the WSJ editorial section, or "Actually Gen1 pokemon are superior", and it will be treated with the same earnest confusion by young people in school who are mislead into thinking NYT/WSJ is serious adult news and not a weird propaganda outlet for the rich and connected.

millenials are already doing this poo poo w/ saying tik tok is the most dangerous thing ever and poo poo

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

hell astro course posted:

Hold up.

What you got against the greatest RPG of all time?

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Its as if an entire generation went through:

- the Great Recession hamstringing our economic development
- 2 wars causing huge swaths of mental and physical issues that aren’t being treated by the VA
- the opioid epidemic causing crippling addiction and deaths

And is like, super angry about it. Why don’t they just get over it?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Viginti Septem posted:

We'd like to be able to pay for rent and food.

God wouldn't that be nice.

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
Okay I know this whole thing is stupid and not worth responding to, but why does he think rock and roll is dead? There are more rock bands than ever before, I'm so loving confused.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Wow, another old white guy writing a rambling speech about millenials. And, just for variety, he made sure to complain about today's music, movies, and even included a rambling portion about how much he loves Trump (but don't worry, an attempted insurrection was just a li'l too much to handle!).

Weird how all of these silenced voices get to basically post their stream of consciousness rants online all the time.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ok boomer was the greatest attack on their generation and they will never forgive young people for daring to talk back

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Hello Covid my old friend.
We need you to kill a bitch again.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professor Shark posted:

Ok boomer was the greatest attack on their generation and they will never forgive young people for daring to talk back

It's such a perfect, straight to the point response to their loving huge rants too.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Cyks posted:

Hold up.

What you got against the greatest RPG of all time?

nothing at all, I love Dark Souls II

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Gonna be awesome when millenials crack ping in rapid succession and decide to do a terrorism against rich boomers on a regular basis.

Gen X gonna sit here quietly and watch and then overdose when retirement sucks.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

EvilJoven posted:

Gonna be awesome when millenials crack ping in rapid succession and decide to do a terrorism against rich boomers on a regular basis.

Gen X gonna sit here quietly and watch and then overdose when retirement sucks.

The only thing more eye rolling than boomer whining is Gen X flexing about how detached they are.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Yer just jelly because being a gen xer with an affordable house and deciding to not have children is basically getting the last chair in this lovely cutthroat game of musical chairs.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Wow, another old white guy writing a rambling speech about millenials. And, just for variety, he made sure to complain about today's music, movies, and even included a rambling portion about how much he loves Trump (but don't worry, an attempted insurrection was just a li'l too much to handle!).

Weird how all of these silenced voices get to basically post their stream of consciousness rants online all the time.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

The world will be so much better once all the boomers die off.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

quote:

A secret question hovers over us, a sense of disappointment, a broken promise we were given as children about what our adult world was supposed to be like. I am referring not the standard false promises that children are always given (about how the world is fair, or how those who work hard shall be rewarded), but to a particular generation promise - given to those who were children in the fifties, sixties, seventies, or eighties - one that was never quite articulated as a promise but rather as a set of assumptions about what our adult world would be like. And since it was never quite promised, now that it has failed to come true, we're left confused: indignant, but at the same time, embrassed at our indignation, ashamed we were ever so silly to believe our elders to being with.

Where, in short, are the flying cars? Where are the force fields, tractor beams, teleportation pods, antigravity sleds, tricorders, immortality drugs, colonies on Mars?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmfao

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

hot date tonight! posted:

Okay I know this whole thing is stupid and not worth responding to, but why does he think rock and roll is dead? There are more rock bands than ever before, I'm so loving confused.

It's not dad rock so it doesn't count.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol immortality drugs

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Any boomer worth praise or at least not derision has left this world decades ago lol

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It's not dad rock so it doesn't count.

A guy namedropping the Eagles is also someone who stopped liking or caring about rock around say 1973.
Which lets be clear, is now grandad rock. Nirvana is dad rock, poo poo The White Stripes are nearly dad rock.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ellasmith posted:

One last word of advice: You won’t believe what your kids will say about you.

my children won't say anything because I cant have any because the boomers hosed everything up too badly. thanks boomers, i know you will go to your graves without a shred of self reflection.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

quote:

nothing is funny unless someone is offended, and the more they’re offended, the funnier it is.
/

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

This is definitely a man who occupied campus admin buildings and went to Woodstock lmao

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Modulo16 posted:

Its as if an entire generation went through:

- the Great Recession hamstringing our economic development
- 2 wars causing huge swaths of mental and physical issues that aren’t being treated by the VA
- the opioid epidemic causing crippling addiction and deaths

And is like, super angry about it. Why don’t they just get over it?

Throw a little of this on the pile.

- the point of no return in mass poisoning of Earth's air and water

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"Sure we bounced back and became yuppies in the 80s" is like the most whitebread poo poo ive ever heard. Forrest Gump is less of a whitewash than this rosy eyed bullshit.

I also like how he stops with the Clintons. That was 30 years ago. Stuff has happened.

naem
May 29, 2011

80 year old man shakes his fist at those gosh darn 46 year olds

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Millennials Are The Sounding Generation

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grape posted:

A guy namedropping the Eagles is also someone who stopped liking or caring about rock around say 1973.
Which lets be clear, is now grandad rock. Nirvana is dad rock, poo poo The White Stripes are nearly dad rock.

lol almost

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Poohs Packin posted:

"Sure we bounced back and became yuppies in the 80s" is like the most whitebread poo poo ive ever heard. Forrest Gump is less of a whitewash than this rosy eyed bullshit.

I also like how he stops with the Clintons. That was 30 years ago. Stuff has happened.

move over bush and clinton, here comes bush and clinton

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im guessing he had a few too many adrenachrome manhattans over christmas and got scolded for trying to show his daughter's black boyfriend "Blazing Saddles" in the downstairs theatre and then rolled the golfcart on his way to sleep in the poolhouse guest bedroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Bogus Adventure posted:

drat, WSJ giving the NYT a run for its money on who can craft the better hateclickbait articles.

the WSJ doesn't do clickbait -- you can't read anything on their site without paying

WSJ is 100% sincere old rich idiots talking to other old rich idiots