Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Thoguh posted:

The military coup to have some concern about are people like Flynn that might use their connections to let crazy Q people in to the building. So it isn’t like there is zero shot at that - they tried that last January and failed because the rabble were idiots but since they have suffered no repercussions history says they’ll try again sometime with a better plan. Most anybody else that rises through the ranks is just biding their time until they can retire and get a job at Lockheed. A coup would really get in the way of that job at Lockheed.

What happens when better chances for grift arise then Lockmart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
the celebratory gunfire is like dress rehearsal for what the year has in store

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
america is very entertaining to watch from the outside

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Remember to like and subscribe.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

croup coughfield posted:

who told you this
No, the Pentagon has been warning for years that disruption from climate change is going to be a huge problem for global security because we're going to have tens or hundreds of millions of people looking for food, water, and shelter, and they're not going to care about national borders. But the countries they're crossing into sure as hell will, and they're going to have their own problems. And some of these countries already hate each other, and a few of them have nuclear weapons.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the pentagon's proposed solution to global warming isn't to reduce emissions, it's to give the military more money so that it can better prepare to kill climate refugees

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

the pentagon's proposed solution to global warming isn't to reduce emissions, it's to give the military more money so that it can better prepare to kill climate refugees

climate change is real, therefore we need a new F-35 variant that is adapted to a wetter and hotter atmosphere, please give us $11 trillion

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

well yeah killing people in industrial quantities is their whole thing

you don't generally go to the military for something that's not killing people, the army corps of engineers aside

really, the jobs they do for civil infrastructure ought to be their own dedicated federal department of construction or some poo poo

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Complications posted:

well yeah killing people in industrial quantities is their whole thing

you don't generally go to the military for something that's not killing people, the army corps of engineers aside

really, the jobs they do for civil infrastructure ought to be their own dedicated federal department of construction or some poo poo

the army corps of engineers designed and built the new NSA building in Germany.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
The American polity is cracked, and might collapse. Canada must prepare.

quote:

A terrible storm is coming from the south, and Canada is woefully unprepared. Over the past year we’ve turned our attention inward, distracted by the challenges of COVID-19, reconciliation, and the accelerating effects of climate change. But now we must focus on the urgent problem of what to do about the likely unravelling of democracy in the United States.

quote:

Under the less-optimistic scenarios, the risks to our country in their cumulative effect could easily be existential, far greater than any in our federation’s history. What happens, for instance, if high-profile political refugees fleeing persecution arrive in our country, and the U.S. regime demands them back. Do we comply?

quote:

But here’s my key recommendation: The Prime Minister should immediately convene a standing, non-partisan Parliamentary committee with representatives from the five sitting parties, all with full security clearances. It should be understood that this committee will continue to operate in coming years, regardless of changes in federal government. It should receive regular intelligence analyses and briefings by Canadian experts on political and social developments in the United States and their implications for democratic failure there. And it should be charged with providing the federal government with continuing, specific guidance as to how to prepare for and respond to that failure, should it occur.

Seems real bad that one of Canada's largest newspapers has an opinion piece seriously arguing the country must prepare itself for the existential threat the potential fall of American democracy and possible outbreak of civil war south of its border poses to the federation

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

OhFunny posted:

Seems real bad that one of Canada's largest newspapers has an opinion piece seriously arguing the country must prepare itself for the existential threat the potential fall of American democracy and possible outbreak of civil war south of its border poses to the federation

as a potential refugee i'm not a fan of that third paragraph. what if fifty million people needed to stream into alberta in the next decade? imo the US government should be more proactive to stop such aggressions. edmonton is clearly part of montana

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I don't see the liberals ever fighting for anything. The right will turn this into a one party state where military thugs openly shred your ballot in front of you, but as long as that ballot still exists the libs will cry out about the necessity of voting.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
what would happen if a bunch of yankees decided to border hop to Canada? what is the carrying capacity of a country where 90% of it's population live within 100 miles of it's southern border? poo poo, they're probably collapsing too.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
considering most of canada's english speaking population is descended from loyalists kicked out after the revolutionary war they'd probably be fine

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Peanut President posted:

considering most of canada's english speaking population is descended from loyalists kicked out after the revolutionary war they'd probably be fine

is it really a majority

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

what would happen if a bunch of yankees decided to border hop to Canada? what is the carrying capacity of a country where 90% of it's population live within 100 miles of it's southern border? poo poo, they're probably collapsing too.
I am trying to imagine the rats trying to recreate their live in the US and changing Canada into USA 2.0 as 1.0 is turning into a graveyard.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the people fleeing the US would be those being persecuted by fascists, so minorities and leftists

it would be a very different crowd from your coal-rolling, diner-eating, hard-trumping real americans

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Canada should roll into the Upper Peninsula and turn it into a holding pen for US refugees.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
never been to Michigan, but i imagine that would be an improvement

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCChABQILDM

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

imo new england should just become a canadian protectorate

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Toplowtech posted:

I am trying to imagine the rats trying to recreate their live in the US and changing Canada into USA 2.0 as 1.0 is turning into a graveyard.

they can just go to Alberta and feel right at home

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

At the first sign of conflict, I'm sailing around cape horn and heading straight to China

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Dustcat posted:

the people fleeing the US would be those being persecuted by fascists, so minorities and leftists

it would be a very different crowd from your coal-rolling, diner-eating, hard-trumping real americans

at the start, sure. but as collapse sets in further, everyone will be looking for an escape

canada will regret not building the wall

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

SorePotato posted:

At the first sign of conflict, I'm sailing around cape horn and heading straight to China

closer through the northwest passage

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

The next US civil war is already here – we just refuse to see it

The Guardian posted:

Nobody wants what’s coming, so nobody wants to see what’s coming.

On the eve of the first civil war, the most intelligent, the most informed, the most dedicated people in the United States could not see it coming. Even when Confederate soldiers began their bombardment of Fort Sumter, nobody believed that conflict was inevitable. The north was so unprepared for the war they had no weapons.

In Washington, in the winter of 1861, Henry Adams, the grandson of John Quincy Adams, declared that “not one man in America wanted the civil war or expected or intended it”. South Carolina senator James Chestnut, who did more than most to bring on the advent of the catastrophe, promised to drink all the blood spilled in the entire conflict. The common wisdom at the time was that he would have to drink “not a thimble”.

The United States today is, once again, headed for civil war, and, once again, it cannot bear to face it. The political problems are both structural and immediate, the crisis both longstanding and accelerating. The American political system has become so overwhelmed by anger that even the most basic tasks of government are increasingly impossible.

it's the guardian so the 'analysis' is incoherent at best but lol the guardian forecasts mass sectarian violence

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
54'40 or Fight!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Canada should roll into the Upper Peninsula and turn it into a holding pen for US refugees.

my retirement plan was dying of dysentery in a camp on the Canadian border, hoping in vain for an entry visa

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Uh, is it me, or is that Guardian piece is stopping just short of calling for a revolution in the US?

quote:

At this supreme moment of crisis, the left has divided into warring factions completely incapable of confronting the seriousness of the moment. There are liberals who retain an unjustifiable faith that their institutions can save them when it is utterly clear that they cannot.

quote:

The United States needs to recover its revolutionary spirit, and I don’t mean that as some kind of inspirational quote. I mean that, if it is to survive, the United States will have to recover its revolutionary spirit. The crises the United States now faces in its basic governmental functions are so profound that they require starting over.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Wafflecopper posted:

Uh, is it me, or is that Guardian piece is stopping just short of calling for a revolution in the US?

He's trying to sell a book

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

54'40 or Fight!

horrific vicky 1 flashbacks making me check to see if i have a previous save available

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
DID YOU KNOW THAT DEMON CRACKER ARE LITERALLY EVIL SAVAGES?! :monocle:

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4395458/george-floyd-great-niece-arianna-daddy-ive-hit/

quote:

BED BLAST George Floyd’s great niece Arianna, 4, cried ‘Daddy I’ve been hit’ after being shot in her bed by gunman after protests

GEORGE Floyd's four-year-old great-niece cried “Daddy I’ve been hit” after being shot in her bed in an attack at their Texas family home

Arianna Delane, who had to undergo surgery in Houston over the weekend after bullets punctured her lung, liver and broke three ribs, was thought to have been the victim of a targeted hit.

At the time of the shooting, four adults and two children were inside the home on Yellowstone Blvd in south Houston.

The father said Arianna, who is expected to survive her terrible wounds, was sleeping in her bed when the shooting took place.

Holding back tears, he told ABC: "My daughter jumped up and said, 'Daddy, I've been hit.”

Cops have not revealed a motive nor have they provided a description of the suspect.

But the little girl’s family said they know who opened fire, and have suggested the shooting was targeted, without commenting further on a motive.

The child reportedly attended several protests last year to honor her slain uncle.

ABC 13 aired footage last year of the family, including Arianna, reacting to Derek Chauvin being found guilty in Floyd's murder.

Arianna's mom is Floyd's niece Bianca, whose mother is his sister, LaTonya.

Floyd was the oldest of George Perry and Larcenia Jones Floyd's five children.

His two brothers are Rodney and Philonise, and his other sister is Bridgett.

Floyd died on May 25, 2020, shortly after being arrested for allegedly attempting to use a counterfeit $20 bill to buy cigarettes at a grocery store.

His death triggered worldwide protests against racism and police brutality.

Chauvin, one of the police officers involved, was found guilty of second-degree murder, third-degree murder, and second-degree manslaughter in the death of Floyd.

Soon after the tragic incident, a video surfaced of Chauvin kneeling on Floyd's neck while he was lying on the ground for more than nine minutes.

Floyd's dying words, "I can't breathe," became a rallying cry for street demonstrators.

The city of Minneapolis identified three other officers, Tou Thao, Thomas Lane, and J Alexander Kueng, who witnessed Floyd's death and did nothing to intervene.

All officers have been fired from the department.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
PBS is doing reports about the 1/6 attacks
This video looks at the neighbors in the northern cites of Dallas Texas.
It's significant because many capital rioters that were arrested came from that area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5BEaYvmS44

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 20:42 on Jan 5, 2022

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

jesus loving christ

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

OhFunny posted:

FishBulbia posted:

imo new england should just become a canadian protectorate

Really, really not liking the fact the videogame universe i'm gonna live in is the Kaiserreich one, except the only factions are the neo-south and u.s. military. Going through C&C Generals was bad enough.

Ronwayne has issued a correction as of 17:04 on Jan 6, 2022

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

OhFunny posted:

Canada is capital F hosed if major hostilities break out below it -- all of its population lives within 100 miles of the border, there is no way they would be able to absorb the refugees coming in and they would likely get invaded themselves due to the tactical / strategic military situation or because the chuds would be braying for it

They would also be completely cut off from any potential allies unless they throw in with the side that mostly controls the navy (which would likely provoke a reprisal from whatever side doesn't mostly control the navy)

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
yeah the US will just straight up annex/invade canada when things get desperate enough, i don't know why they would think differently. i bet there's some weird clause buried in the treaty of ghent that gives us pretext to do so, even.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Mexico dealing with u.s. refugee camps. We wouldn't be sending our best.

Whoever has taken over from Raul Castro, my country, Texas, yearns for freedom.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Laterite posted:

yeah the US will just straight up annex/invade canada when things get desperate enough, i don't know why they would think differently. i bet there's some weird clause buried in the treaty of ghent that gives us pretext to do so, even.

The US, Canada, and UK eventually declassified the war plans they made after World War I. The American plan was to rush to capture Halifax to stop the British from landing reinforcements there. The Canadian plan was to burn bridges to delay the Americans long enough for the British to land reinforcements in Halifax. The British plan was to abandon Canada and land reinforcements in Bermuda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Chamale posted:

The US, Canada, and UK eventually declassified the war plans they made after World War I. The American plan was to rush to capture Halifax to stop the British from landing reinforcements there. The Canadian plan was to burn bridges to delay the Americans long enough for the British to land reinforcements in Halifax. The British plan was to abandon Canada and land reinforcements in Bermuda.

Lol
Lmao
Death to Anglophones