Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tylana posted:

As for your final point They get sprayed on you by the Cryptozoologist when doing his bug hunt. Unless you refuse. Having a bath or shaving afterwards hurts the roll too.

Luckily I shaved before getting sprayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Colonel Whitey posted:

Came here to ask whether I should get this on switch. I’d prefer to play it in bed on handheld mode but if the performance is really that bad maybe not. What’s the consensus, is this ok to play on switch or nah? Thanks

E: I have an og switch if that makes any difference

I bought both the (regular) Switch and the game in October, I think.

I'm going to glibly say that it crashed about 3% of the time during loading screens but it wasn't nearly that often. if you save a lot it's not too bad. I still had a fantastic time.

by contrast Skyrim has only hung up twice and I'm level... 44? and nothing else has crashed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
switch is by far the worst way to play the game except that i really like text-heavy games as portable ones, which is why the Vita was the best VN platform

but if you've got no other choice, just save frequently

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Nah I could play it on my PS5, I’d just rather have the portability option for non-action games since I have a baby and can only really game in small bursts. However if the performance issues (or other issues like text size) outweigh the convenience factor, then I’ll just get it on the PS5.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Even on PC, I'd suggest saving regularly. (Maybe also rotating saves, but that's more my desire to see content.) The game was made with love and humour, but jank happens.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

hazardousmouse posted:

what about the pale emitter I had a 97% chance to succeed at that one and still failed twice cause lol I died, low health and not enough stimpacks.

I didn't even bother to try and dodge the second bullet, I was wearing the armor and since he was pointed dead at my chest I was just going to trust the plate. I don't remember where the pheromones come up but I certainly had it for the phasmid

Whenever someone says they failed a high chance twice I assume they have the thought that makes them guaranteed fail red checks. But thats a... white check, right? So you're just super unlucky lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Alhazred posted:

…I shaved...

Fail.

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
I still have difficulty believing a game with this much dialogue can take up this little hard drive space while other games use 100 Gb.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

FPyat posted:

I still have difficulty believing a game with this much dialogue can take up this little hard drive space while other games use 100 Gb.

The Voices aren’t actually stored on your hard drive. They have the VAs in a basement and they’re reading it live over the internet each time you play

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

FPyat posted:

Well it's not like they're storing any information, it's just livestreaming from the detective's bodycam.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

I didn't even bother to try and dodge the second bullet, I was wearing the armor and since he was pointed dead at my chest I was just going to trust the plate. I don't remember where the pheromones come up but I certainly had it for the phasmid

The plate stops the Killer's shot so you don't need to heal 2 HP in case Harry fucks it up, but the second shot is when Korty aims for where the chest plate doesn't cover, which I thought was the legs since one of the red blips on day 7 mentions that your leg is hosed. Call Me also mentions that either the leggings that probably would have protected you from that specific shot are either lost to Revachol or plain never existed in the first place.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Three of my friends have now started playing Disco Elysium because I never shut the gently caress up about it. I'm so proud.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think the assets *other* than the voices don't take up a huge ton of space.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
You just type whatever dumb thought you have into the text field?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

christmas boots posted:

The Voices aren’t actually stored on your hard drive. They have the VAs in a basement and they’re reading it live over the internet each time you play

Yeah, yeah, we all know how radio computers work :rolleyes:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Party Boat posted:

Three of my friends have now started playing Disco Elysium because I never shut the gently caress up about it. I'm so proud.

Update: one died to the fan. Another has punched Cuno.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Party Boat posted:

Update: one died to the fan. Another has punched Cuno.

Do either have at least 4 points in physique to hit most half light medium passives

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, yeah, we all know how radio computers work :rolleyes:

Lol I wish I did that on purpose

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

EorayMel posted:

Do either have at least 4 points in physique to hit most half light medium passives

I too just got a few of my friends to play this and I got this important update from one of them.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

NmareBfly posted:

I too just got a few of my friends to play this and I got this important update from one of them.

Itchy pants. These pants make you angry. Good LORD these pants are UNCOMFORTABLE. Punch someone in the face! They are striped and calf-length; too tight around thighs, too loose around waist -- the worst case scenario.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

a7m2 posted:

I didn't count the last one because it's possible, there are just certain additional conditions to it. The first two are impossible, period.

Talking to the cryptid if you've washed the pheromones off is a guaranteed failure, no matter what, including on a natural 12. I had to edit my save file to get the full ending experience once I realized this.

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
Was the conversation about the shack with the red chair and the bow tie in it new?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4qOZoQ5J8k
D'aww

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

He.... He DOES care, after all!!!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
No, don’t be lame!!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Half Light is your fight-or-flight response. It enables you to sense the way situations are about to turn. It injects palpable fear into your heart – fear that urges you act before it’s too late to act ever again

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

EorayMel posted:

Half Light is your fight-or-flight response. It enables you to sense the way situations are about to turn. It injects palpable fear into your heart – fear that urges you act before it’s too late to act ever again

:siren: The Verdict :siren:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

They say that esperit de corps is your police-o-meter, but really it's half-light.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Half-Light is what I thought Reaction Speed was going to be

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Cpt_Obvious posted:

They say that esperit de corps is your police-o-meter, but really it's half-light.

max half-light is basically roleplaying an American cop

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pattonesque posted:

max half-light is basically roleplaying an American cop
How are Euro cops? I think Esprit de Corps is aiming for that (and New Englander) archetype.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Help I'm on day 3 and there's so much crap to do and not enough time to do it in
I gotta investigate cryptids and deal with the church and show Joyce my badge and buy pants from Cuno and I just found another corpse and do karaoke and talk to the Sunday Friend and probably do something about those signatures that Claire wants and I still need my loving gun

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

FPyat posted:

Audio takes up exctremely little space. High res textures are the reason why games balloon to 100+GBs

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

FPyat posted:

Was the conversation about the shack with the red chair and the bow tie in it new?

no, it was there in the release. it is one of the most suggestive yet also one of the most subtle references in the game, I wrote about it in the other thread

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

YggiDee posted:

Help I'm on day 3 and there's so much crap to do and not enough time to do it in

Time is an illusion, as long as you have a free place to stay. Go find that and then you don't need to stress about how long you spend wandering the city streets loving up everything you try to do.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

dead gay comedy forums posted:

no, it was there in the release. it is one of the most suggestive yet also one of the most subtle references in the game, I wrote about it in the other thread

wait, there's another thread??

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Akratic Method posted:

Time is an illusion, as long as you have a free place to stay. Go find that and then you don't need to stress about how long you spend wandering the city streets loving up everything you try to do.

Listen, I can't do this without my main man Kim Kitsuragi. That would not be disco of me.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

YggiDee posted:

Listen, I can't do this without my main man Kim Kitsuragi. That would not be disco of me.
Then be sure to stock up on reaction speed and hand-eye coordination items/levels.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Grouchio posted:

How are Euro cops? I think Esprit de Corps is aiming for that (and New Englander) archetype.

I mean, it's Volition stepping in here not Esprit de Corps, which to me mostly just seems to be about police work culture and comradeship with other cops. As for European cops, just look up the statistics, police are probably somewhat similar in terms of leanng right and racial/class profiling people to an extent, but the real difference lies in procedure and accepted thresholds for use of (deadly) force. Alot of people swear it's mostly (level of) training, but I bet you can find lots of places that have pretty poorly trained cops who don't really shoot people all that much unless it's a country riddled by gang wars and the like.

e: I think it's also notable that you're with Kim who really is the goodest apple there ever was in terms of cops, and extremely "by the book". Even then it's implied that the RCM is riddled with corruption, pretty much bought out by organized crime in lots of places, also repeated mentions of lousy pay* and letting basically anyone become a cop. Kim says there's many officers who take "perverse pride" in the number of kills they have, though still with the restricted access to automatic weapons in Revachol (dating back to the monarchy IIRC and continually enforced by the Coalition authorities post-Revolution as well) and mentioned rigid procedure associated with using your weapon, there's probably still some shackles on it.

*Speaking of the pay and corruption it kind of reminds me of when I was in Russia some years back and repeatedly got warned to stay clear off the police (with the traffic police being the worst), because they are very liable to attempt to shake down and rob/scam foreigners and such (the classic scam being to ask to see your passport, then "fining" you for something and then not giving you your passport back until you pay up). Though I doubt Estonia is anywhere near as bad, seeing as for a post-Soviet country they're actually doing extremely well.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Rcm spoilers. Lets not forget the implication that the RCM is the continuation of the communists from the last war which makes them pretty unlike most real world police forces which are very much the opposite end of that spectrum