Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Leraika posted:

this is the tensest I've ever been in ffxiv

holy moley, was this the final floor reward?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Harrow posted:

Definitely not opposed to bringing in people who have cleared if they feel like helping so I suppose I'll ask around the goon FCs/Discord when the time comes.

Either that or light a fire under my rear end and try to get into it in the next couple weeks, I guess. Part of it is that I don't have a ton of gil so the prospect of buying a bunch of crafted gear and then trying to pentameld it so I can contribute the way I should right now is pretty daunting.

I’m gonna put this in a harsh way; if you didn’t already have a plan for securing pentamelded gear you’re not progging at a pace where it matters. Get whatever normal/ex/crafted gear you can easily obtain and stick Xs into the guaranteed slots and you’ll be fine. Pentamelds are strong but they’re a sink aimed at people who need the edge on later floors, making sure you have good food and pots is a far better use of your gil.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Jehuti posted:

holy moley, was this the final floor reward?

It was the final floor reward after playing high/low for double or nothing 5 times.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thundarr posted:

Cleared P1S. But I'm sure we're going to feel very embarrassed when we look up the pug strat and realize how badly we overcomplicated it.

Where's the usual go-to for pub strats nowadays? I've been wanting to dip my toe back into trying PF raids, but I prefer knowing a general strategy to coordinate people around instead of having to noodle things out on-the-fly with random people.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 5, 2022

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Unlucky7 posted:

Okay, what do you need to do for maps again? Now I am interested.

The map dungeons are designed to be done with full parties (though they can be run with fewer).

You need Timeworn Kumbhiraskin Maps (which require a level 86+ gatherer to collect from a node or you can buy them from the marketplace), you go to the location on the map and there will be a chest with a chance to open a portal to the dungeon

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Got through P1S and half of P2S tonight

I missed raiding

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
there is no pug strat currently, people are occupied arguing about temperature and nobody wants to move out for single chains even if they're a caster

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

cheetah7071 posted:

Got through P1S and half of P2S tonight

I missed raiding

I was excited to start but it turns out my static is starting next week.

I can't even pug it because we're doing blind. :(

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Come get a dose of detective in the Heavensward LP

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

It was the final floor reward after playing high/low for double or nothing 5 times.

Dang was kinda hoping it was earlier. I wasn't sure since I thought the final floor always gave 100k gil.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Beat P1S, that was pretty fun.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
definitely my favorite first floor in a long time. it's going to be a hard wall for mechanics-brain in PF, though, at least until people have enough gear to carry through it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is there a way to prevent left clicking on nothing from deselecting your target? It's such a useless feature that only reduces uptime.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mister Olympus posted:

definitely my favorite first floor in a long time. it's going to be a hard wall for mechanics-brain in PF, though, at least until people have enough gear to carry through it.

Yeah there's a LOT of thinking on your feet that requires good coordination.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

CJ posted:

Is there a way to prevent left clicking on nothing from deselecting your target? It's such a useless feature that only reduces uptime.

In Character Config, unselect "Enable clicking on field to remove target".

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hey all- I was gifted a Steam version of endwalker for the holidays, but unfortunately I have my account on the S-E download version and cant redeem it.

If anyone with a Steam version is looking to buy the 39.99 edition and is willing to grab the website version and trade theyd be the coolest person ever is what im sayin

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RME posted:

I’m gonna put this in a harsh way; if you didn’t already have a plan for securing pentamelded gear you’re not progging at a pace where it matters. Get whatever normal/ex/crafted gear you can easily obtain and stick Xs into the guaranteed slots and you’ll be fine. Pentamelds are strong but they’re a sink aimed at people who need the edge on later floors, making sure you have good food and pots is a far better use of your gil.

See you say that’s harsh but it’s actually comforting. I wasn’t sure what the expectation was for gear going into prog but this helps put it into perspective. Thanks!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

super-redguy posted:

In Character Config, unselect "Enable clicking on field to remove target".

Thanks a lot. It was driving me mad when i tried to move the camera and ended up deselecting the boss.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

What’s the usual recommendation for grinding the limited tomestones for someone who also wants to level alt jobs? Already did all of my daily roulettes except for main scenario and leveling.

An hour of the new treasure map dungeons. Those things drop crazy amounts of tomestones, so I'm already capped for the week.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

You can do just do exdr for 5 days to cap tomestones if you want to do it as low effort as possible.

Tamba posted:

An hour of the new treasure map dungeons. Those things drop crazy amounts of tomestones, so I'm already capped for the week.

Maybe with insane luck. I went through almost 20 portals yesterday morning over 2 hours, hitting the last floor once, and came out of it not even halfway to cap.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Hunt trains are normally a quick way to cap and stock up on materia at the same time, but not with the current congestion. Right now a full train takes about 2 hours for 360 tomes and a lot of that is just trying to move between instances.

When things eventually calm down they should be good again

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Apparently P2S has an incredible bug where if you reduce certain mechanics to 0 damage with shields, you'll instead take full damage as though you failed the mechanic?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Jehuti posted:

Dang was kinda hoping it was earlier. I wasn't sure since I thought the final floor always gave 100k gil.

My party got one of those same minion high lows on area 3, it's random

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Well met, adventurer. I see you have spied me going total sick house nasty on those bad guys who wrecked your poo poo in just the previous scene. My name is Mysterious Stranger and I'm certainly not the antagonist from the previous game/expansion, dressed down, and on a quest of atonement, nor also your secret sibling/parent watching over you from afar. Pray, do not follow me onto that foreboding castle where the current villain's number one lackey most assuredly resides. Your level is far too low and my blade thirsts for battle!

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Thundarr posted:

Apparently P2S has an incredible bug where if you reduce certain mechanics to 0 damage with shields, you'll instead take full damage as though you failed the mechanic?

You don't take full damage (at least that's not how I read it) you take the statuses like vulnerability/damage down or whatever, which you normally shouldn't if you fully shield the attack.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Crackerjack posted:

Well met, adventurer. I see you have spied me going total sick house nasty on those bad guys who wrecked your poo poo in just the previous scene. My name is Mysterious Stranger and I'm certainly not the antagonist from the previous game/expansion, dressed down, and on a quest of atonement, nor also your secret sibling/parent watching over you from afar. Pray, do not follow me onto that foreboding castle where the current villain's number one lackey most assuredly resides. Your level is far too low and my blade thirsts for battle!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

:haw:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thundarr posted:

This type of bug has happened a few times before iirc?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Some mechanics have always gone through shields and immunities. I'd figure that was a design choice and not a bug.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The bug is that if you do the mechanic right but take 0 damage from it, you take damage and debuffs as if you'd done it wrong, and the damage for doing it wrong is generally enough to one-shot people.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

felt really good getting back into savage last night after a year without a new one. cleared p1s and got a decent way into p2s.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So about how long does it usually take after release for an expansion’s OST to release?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

shadowbringers came out a couple months after the expansion itself, so maybe we'll see an announcement at the next live letter?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

From what I remember the shadowbringers one wasn’t that long but the stormblood one took forever for some reason, so long it pushed back some of the part 2 to being in the 5.0 OST

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Paladin question: I know Fight or Flight windows are supposed to get 11 GCDs in them but I keep missing it about 75% of the time. I'm doing the rotation correctly, my GCD is 2.44, and I use Fight or Flight during the latter half of the GCD window. What could I be doing wrong? Do I need to meld Skill Speed and get my GCD a little lower maybe?

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Rosalind posted:

Paladin question: I know Fight or Flight windows are supposed to get 11 GCDs in them but I keep missing it about 75% of the time. I'm doing the rotation correctly, my GCD is 2.44, and I use Fight or Flight during the latter half of the GCD window. What could I be doing wrong? Do I need to meld Skill Speed and get my GCD a little lower maybe?

I'm not a super optimizer guy when it comes to this, but I'd say it is pretty obviously one of 2 things:

1) You aren't doing the rotation correctly. Are you clipping your GCDS at all? Like are you doing your OGCDs late at all? If you are doing your OGCD too late, you can clip the GCD making it come of CD later. This adds up especially if you do multiple OGCDS too late.

2) Your ping sucks...get off the wifi and plug in directly via ethernet cable to the modem and hope your isp isn't the one screwing your ping.

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 5, 2022

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Madmarker posted:

I'm not a super optimizer guy when it comes to this, but I'd say it is pretty obviously one of 2 things:

1) You aren't doing the rotation correctly. Are you clipping your GCDS at all? Like are you doing your OGCDs late at all?

2) Your ping sucks...get off the wifi and plug in directly via ethernet cable to the modem and hope your isp isn't the one screwing your ping.

1. I'm not clipping I don't think. I usually can comfortably double weave without issues and XIVAnalysis is not showing any clipping issues. It's just me missing the second Goring Blade 50-75% of the time depending on the fight.

2. I'm plugged in via ethernet into my fiber internet. I am on the East Coast so my ping usually sits around 80-90 ms but I think I should be fine still right?

I think I might aim for 2.42 GCD as I just spent a few minutes with a striking dummy and when I miss the window I am missing it by a fraction of a second.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

If I’m level 83 and already the msq has gone here… what happens for the rest of the story

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

If I’m level 83 and already the msq has gone here… what happens for the rest of the story

stuff :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

yes