Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Tampa Bae posted:

Can someone give me a rundown of what's going on in Stardom right now? Last show I watched was the blowoff to a big Watanabe/Starlight kid feud where Watanabe turned on her own stable and there's a bunch of people running around in creepy masks from a youtube copypasta and that's the extent of my knowledge

:siren:Includes spoilers from the recent Dream Queendom show!:siren:

STARS: Hazuki has returned to STARDOM after an acrimonious split back in December 2019; the details still aren't known and probably never will be. She won the Goddess of STARDOM tag tournament with Koguma (who also returned in 2021), whom she trained alongside when both were STARDOM rookies. Saya Iida is still out with an ACL tear. Hanan just won the Future of STARDOM title. Mayu hasn't won a belt all year, likely in an effort by Rossy to build up others to prominence (no, not the deathmatch promotion).

Queen's Quest: As you said, Momo has betrayed the group after leading them since mid-2018. Utami has now lost the World of STARDOM title and may choose to seek revenge on Oedo Tai after STARS couldn't get it done. Saya Kamitani has finally won the Wonder of STARDOM belt, defeating her former mentor, Tam. Saya had won the 2021 Cinderella tournament but failed to capture the White Belt in her guaranteed title match. AZM is reeling from Momo's betrayal. Hina is on hiatus while she studies for her high school entrance exams.

Oedo Tai: With Natsuko out for a while longer, SLK has really stepped up as an effective leader. Saki and Fukigen DEATH were tag partners in the Goddess tournament and had a gimmick where they carried issues of Tokyo Sports to the ring and beat people with them. Ruaka had a decent little run as Future champion and uses an Oedo Tai road case to beat up people. Rina challenged Unagi earlier in 2021 for the Future belt (her first title match), but came up short. Konami, sadly, is on indefinite hiatus due to health issues, and we don't know when, or even if, she'll be back. She got a lovely send off at Dream Queendom, for which she wore her TCS gear (:unsmith:)

Cosmic Angels: Tam had White Belt matches with both Unagi and Mina (with Mina going temporarily insane for her match). Mai Sakurai and Waka Tsukiyama, formerly of AWG, have joined STARDOM and become members of CA. They're not my favorite group, so I don't have more to say about them.

DDM: Syuri has finally beaten Utami to win the Red Belt and is now a triple champ; she also holds the SWA belt and the Goddesses belt (with Giulia). Maika, Himeka, and Natsupoi are the Artist champs and, in their trios matches, dress up as house painters for some reason. Himeka and Natsupoi had some tension after the tag tournament, but it seems to be resolved after the recent 10 million yen ladder match, which they and Maika won. Giulia returned from injury to defeat Konami in her sendoff match; both she and Konami made little tributes to Hana in their costume choices and ring-work.

The two masked newcomers are likely Mirai Maiumi (formerly of TJPW) and Thekla (formerly of Ice Ribbon). This is speculation, but I think this is leading to a split among DDM. Giulia's aggressiveness and contempt don't align with Syuri's poise and respect for her opponents.
My prediction is DDM will split along these lines:
- Giulia, Mirai, Thekla (a likely contender for Syuri's SWA belt), and Himeka
- Syuri, Natsupoi (remember her tension with Himeka?), Maika...and possibly Lady C, who seemed to lean towards joining DDM when Maika pressed her about it recently. Before she could confirm it, she was attacked by the masked invaders, and subsequently declared she could never be a part of DDM if this is how things were going to be.

Oh, and there was an unfamiliar face attending the ring at Dream Queendom, so it looks like there's a new rookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Losing my mind at Utami's dad's marriage history. Married the same woman 3 times, the same year he broke with her married another woman, then married 3 separate women 3 straight years.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Big Daddy Hayashishita cannot be stopped

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Stall_19 posted:

Losing my mind at Utami's dad's marriage history. Married the same woman 3 times, the same year he broke with her married another woman, then married 3 separate women 3 straight years.

I feel like you’ve written down a logic problem right here.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
It's really funny how after Utami debuted and got her initial push, word was she was only getting hype because she was a big-time celebrity's kid. Meanwhile in Japan her dad was a third-rate reality TV guy who totally vanished from public awareness years before she debuted so the general response was "oh right that guy"

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://youtu.be/pwoeXOCOV6U

Stardom show should start in a few minutes.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

What is the show lineup?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

TV Zombie posted:

What is the show lineup?

closest i can find is this, which is not a super helpful graphic to me as someone who cannot read japanese and does not know anyone's name

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1477780811877429255

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Thank you. I didn't think to check their official twitter and was hoping the matches would be listed in the youtube description.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I forgot that was happening and left the house. Did Mirai get unmasked as one of the Momos?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SG Bamboo posted:

I forgot that was happening and left the house. Did Mirai get unmasked as one of the Momos?

Momo reveal hasn't happened yet

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOMO TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

huh. Lady C to Queens Quest.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Thekla and MIRAI MAUIMI revealed

according to chat

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Mirai looks amazing.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Good debut showcase for Thekla

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
also lol this camerawork is why you have to wait a few days for Stardom shows

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

The camerawork was some indie level stuff at times (with some questionable shots to boot). Thekla looked fantastic, Mirai didn't seem out of place either. Not gonna go out of my way to sign up to Stardom but I'm glad I watched this.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

The theme of that match was to get Thekla over and it worked for me. Haven't really seen her before but that was a fantastic debut.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Mirai looked good now she's graduated to proper gear

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW's Top 20 matches of the year has been announced, as voted on Twitter. For whatever reason they didn't do the results in English as well, despite several calls to action

1. Mizuki vs Maki Itoh - Princess Cup Semi-Finals
2. Miyu Yamashita vs Maki Itoh - Wrestle Princess 2
3. NEO Biishiki-gun vs Magical Sugar Rabbits - Wrestle Princess 2
4. Miyu Yamashita vs Yuka Sakazaki - CyberFight Festival
5. Yuka Sakazaki vs Rika Tatsumi - January 4th Korakuen

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW's Top 20 matches of the year has been announced, as voted on Twitter. For whatever reason they didn't do the results in English as well, despite several calls to action

1. Mizuki vs Maki Itoh - Princess Cup Semi-Finals
2. Miyu Yamashita vs Maki Itoh - Wrestle Princess 2
3. NEO Biishiki-gun vs Magical Sugar Rabbits - Wrestle Princess 2
4. Miyu Yamashita vs Yuka Sakazaki - CyberFight Festival
5. Yuka Sakazaki vs Rika Tatsumi - January 4th Korakuen

Only one of the 3 TJPW matches I gave MOTYC nods to makes the top 5, (Miyu vs Maki)

I'd have gone
1. Miyu Yamashita vs Maki Itoh - 9/10
2. Magical Sugar Rabbits vs 121000000 - 25/11
3. Rika Tatsumi vs Miyu Yamashita - 4/5
4. Hikari Noa vs Rina Yamashita - 1/4
5. BAKURETSU Sisters vs NEO Biishiki-gun - 17/4

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Utami was pushed because she was a good judoka. Her dad practicing the coconono method of personal relationships is not advisable however.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

In how this is translated, has Emi given up on being a wrestler in AEW?

https://twitter.com/sakura_gtmv/status/1478129647833559043?s=21

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DeepL reads it differently

"Thanks to Shida and Riho, I have a reputation like I was a teacher (easy to explain as an American profile), but if that was all I had, I don't think there would be any point in going into the ring as a player, so their hard work is theirs, and I'm looking for what I can do now, not what I did in the past! I'm here!"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

she's gonna beat me up and steal my heart

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
It's part of a longer thread about AEW. Here's the DeepL on each one.

Tweet 1:
私はまだAEWに貢献しているとはいいがたくて。逆にどれだけ時間とお金と人材をかけて育成してもらっているのかと思うとクラクラするのよ。過去最大規模の恩恵を受けてます。私自身のギャラ、交通費、宿泊費、対戦相手のギャラ、オフィシャルアカウントで繰り返し写真とアカウントのツイート
"I'm still not sure I'm contributing much to AEW. On the contrary, I'm spinning my wheels when I think of how much time, money, and human resources they're spending to train me. It's the biggest benefit I've ever received. My own fee, transportation, lodging, my opponent's fee, repeated photos on my official account and tweets on my account."

Tweet 2:
写真撮ってくれる人がいて、デザインしてくれる人がいて、動画をクリップしてくれて、SNSで拡散してくれて、メイクしてくれる人がいて、会場かりて、リング作ってくれて、チケット販売してくれて、満員の会場で全部準備してくれて好きなだけプロレスをやってくださいと。そこにちょこんと乗ってる。
"We have people taking pictures, designing, clipping videos, spreading the word on social media, doing makeup, renting a venue, building a ring, selling tickets, preparing everything in a packed venue, and asking people to wrestle as much as they want. I'm just sitting there."

Tweet 3:
それをこちらに引っ越してからと考えると4ヶ月も時間をもらってると思うと、なんて恐ろしいの!まだ一度も同じカードだったこともなく、刺激ばかりの日々を送っています。何回か怪我をしたりそれによって落ち込んだり、時差ある生活に慣れなかったりもありますが、自滅をしないというのが一つの目標
"And to think that I've had four months to do that since I moved here, how horrible! We've never been on the same card yet, and I've had nothing but excitement. I've been injured a few times, which has made me depressed, and I'm not used to living with the time difference, but one goal is to not destroy myself!"

Tweet 4:
今まで本当に誰にも知られてないという感じだったのですが、先日の年内最後のジャクソンビルの大会では、試合の時も、会場入りの時も、私をEMIだと認識している人がいるんだという実感がありました。コツコツすぎて、パッとしないなぁと感じられるかもしれませんが、今見えてるのはこの道です
"I've never really felt like anyone knows me, but at the last Jacksonville tournament of the year the other day, I felt that people recognized me as an EMI, both at the game and when I walked in. You may feel that I'm too steady and not quick enough, but this is the path I see now!"

Tweet 5:
志田さんと里歩さんのおかげで、先生だったみたいな評価はあるのですが(アメリカのプロフィールとして説明しやすい)それだけだったら、プレイヤーとしてリングに上がる意味はないと思うので、彼女たちの頑張りは彼女たちのもの、過去のことではなく、今の私ができることを探しています!
"Thanks to Shida and Riho, I have a reputation like I was a teacher (easy to explain as an American profile), but if that's all I did, I don't think there's any point in getting in the ring as a player, so their hard work is theirs, and I'm looking for what I can do now, not in the past!"

Tweet 6:
AEWを見ていると、素晴らしい試合に出会えることは多いです。そこまでの物語も選手の数だけと考えると無限にあるような気がするし、新しく生まれ続けています。過去を知らないので、過去を知ることが新しく知るということにもなってて新鮮。でも、同じくらいチョコプロも新鮮で
"There are many great matches to be found in the AEW. It seems like there are an infinite number of stories that lead up to that point, considering the number of players, and they keep being born anew. Since I don't know the past, knowing the past is also a new way of knowing, which is refreshing. But the same goes for Choco Pro."

Tweet 7:
一回転が一回転半プレスになったり、ハイキックの連発や、投げの連発でも立ち上がったり、腕のロックが複雑になったり、場外で受け身を取ったり、頭から落ちたりもすごいけど。スーパースーパーガールズや、ロイヤルドルフィンプレス、ちえのアームホイップも同じくらいすごくチョコプロに刺激受けてる
"It's amazing, though, how a single revolution becomes a single and a half revolution press, how a series of high kicks or a series of throws can get you up, how complicated arm locks can be, how you can pass out of the ring and fall on your head. The Super Super Girls, Royal Dolphin Press, and Chie's arm whip are just as inspired by Choco Pro."

Tweet 8:
アメリカを移動しながら8千人くらいのお客さんの前で歓声を浴びて毎週試合をして、配信をすれば1万人以上が同時視聴で見てくれるAEW。日本の同じ場所からお客さんは入れず配信をして、こちらは400人。対極にあるようで同一線上にあることができるプロレスを同時に今年はじっくり学びたいです
"I'm going to be traveling around the U.S. and having matches every week in front of 8,000 people, and streaming them to over 10,000 people at the same time. I want to learn more about wrestling this year, which seems to be on the opposite side of the spectrum, but at the same time can be on the same line."

Tweet 9:
ちなみに、志田さんや里歩さんは「テレビで何をするか」というレスラーで、私は「テレビに出るためにはどうするか」という段階なので、天と地ほどの差があります。最近は会場に日本人1人ということもあり、会場では日本人ということを気にしなくてもいいなと思います。本人次第。
By the way, Shida and Satomi are "what to do on TV" wrestlers, while I am at the stage of "what to do to get on TV", so there is a heaven and earth difference between us. Recently, I've been the only Japanese person at the venue, and I don't have to worry about being Japanese at the venue. It's up to you."

Tweet 10:
昨年できなくて今年AEWでやれるようになりたいこと。

テレビに出る
Heels参加
ボランティア参加
ミート&グリート参加
オフィシャルグッズ作成

英語が話せると認識されないと、声がかからない案件も沢山あります。何より英語ですね。
"What I couldn't do last year and want to be able to do this year at AEW.

To be on TV
Participate in Heels
Participate in volunteer activities
Participate in Meet & Greet
Create official goods

There are many projects that you can't get involved in unless you are recognized as an English speaker. English is the most important thing."

Tweet 11:
AEWの中でやれることと同時に、AEWからドロップしないために

生活費の確保
怪我と病気をしない
メンタルを安定させる

契約とビザは一生懸命プロレスやってそれでもダメならAEWに合わないということなので、それは仕方ないとして、自滅しないように。
"What we can do in AEW and at the same time not to drop from AEW

Secure your living expenses
Avoid injury and illness
Stabilize your mental health

Contracts and visas mean that you have to wrestle hard and if that doesn't work, you don't fit in AEW, so don't let that happen and don't destroy yourself."

Tweet 12:
このアカウントでは、日本語で、こちらは英語ですが、内容違うのでもしよかったら両方フォローしてね
@EmiSakura_gtmv
#ChocoPro
今日書いた内容は私の英語力では書けないのと、伝える技術がないのと、オープンにすることがマイナスかどうかの判断もできないので日本語にしました。
"This account is in Japanese, this one is in English, but the content is different, so please follow both if you want!
@EmiSakura_gtmv
#ChocoPro
Today's post is in Japanese because my English is not good enough to write it, I don't have the skills to communicate it, and I can't decide if it's a negative thing to be open about."

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 4, 2022

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the tbs title should be tag belts and emi and rosa should be a team

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sounds like emi found the wine in the box at costco.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Good news: https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1478193485190942721

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Put the loving belt on Mizuki, she's been ready for like 2 years

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

imagine thinking a member of the itoh respect army could win the big belt ever

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very rude of TJPW to run their show at 2 in the morning so I couldn't livepost :argh:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
smdh, Hyper Misao announces that she's no longer working with her actual age and the very next day TJPW releases their newest pamphlet with her former birth year still printed in it

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
no, no, it's not her birth year she has broke from, she's just 29 now. ignore math.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hyper Misao understands time is bullshit

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Last night at the Gake no Fuchi Joshi vs. Prominence show, Sanshiro Takagi said he wanted to stream Prominence's shows on Wrestle Universe going forward, which was really exciting to hear since I was assuming they'd end up in the standard NicoPro pain-in-the-rear end-to-watch situation for smaller promotions. They're having a press conference on Wrestle Universe (or at least via WU's Twitter?) tomorrow, so I guess it's happening and sooner than I expected.

https://twitter.com/W_UNIVERSE2020/status/1478622296877113346

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

This is the first time I'm seeing their logo and I kinda dig it. WrestleUniverse suddenly having 3 different joshi promotion offerings is really exciting.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Support the Zebra Rookie

https://mobile.twitter.com/endoarisu427/status/1478693330288807936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.