Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Karatela posted:

I say we do both, unless one of them happens to have a wrong position on the ethics of park loving. (I also almost never post but that's because I almost never have anything useful to say.)

First sentence last sentence synergy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Obama2 posted:

Koos has made several anti vax posts in FYAD before the teetered on the edge of irony, it made most of the regulars uncomfortable when they saw it. If you buy archives you’ll be able to find them

Did you mean to post this somewhere else? It may be a coincidence, but I saw a rogue post somewhere else and now I'm wondering if there's a forum bug that just started happening.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
You think the FYAD regulars that have only posted in this thread since a FYAD regular became a D&D mod are a forums bug?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Obama 2: The Second Obama

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

linoleum floors posted:

Does anybody in the world give a gently caress about Fuad beyond like 4 people that still post there lmao

fyad controls the forums

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

From the makers of posting about posters comes a hot new product: posting about forums

wait poo poo now i'm posting about posting about forums

So who here likes park loving

e: In actual kind of news, it seems someone's getting bored and wants everyone to know he's working hard at DOING SOMETHING, even though that something is just demanding answers about a problem that the company involved has already solved on its own

quote:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/sunwing-mexico-quebec-passengers-vaping-1.6304238

Federal Transport Minister Omar Alghabra says he has asked Transport Canada to investigate reports of "unacceptable'' behaviour on a recent Sunwing Airlines flight to Cancun, Mexico.

Videos of the Dec. 30 flight shared on social media appear to show passengers not wearing masks as they gather in close proximity, dancing in the aisle and on seats. In one video, a large bottle of vodka appears to be passed among passengers.

According to reports, the plane had been chartered and some of the passengers were cast members from Quebec reality television shows.

Alghabra said in a post on Twitter that the risks of COVID-19 need to be taken seriously.

I will say it is refreshing to see a story about sunwing where the problem isn't people who voluntarily chose to fly sunwing, and got stranded in some faraway place because lol sunwing

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 6, 2022

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

flakeloaf posted:

From the makers of posting about posters comes a hot new product: posting about forums

wait poo poo now i'm posting about posting about forums

So who here likes park loving

We need a Heritage Moment from that time early in the pandemic when the BC government recommended glory holes.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

flakeloaf posted:

I will say it is refreshing to see a story about sunwing where the problem isn't people who voluntarily chose to fly sunwing, and got stranded in some faraway place because lol sunwing

It's actually really, really funny and it's getting worse.

One returned somehow yesterday, and assaulted and verbally abused a journalist. At least one has been arrested for drunk and disorderly down in Mexico. Several have been barred from even US airlines and can't find a way back, and most of them will probably have fines at the very least waiting for them when they get back to Canada. It's the purest, best schadenfreude anyone's ever seen before, and that's saying something because we saw Kevin J. Johnston's accomplice phone US border patrol on him because he was about to freeze to death while attempting to flee justice just two days ago, and that was pretty great.

https://twitter.com/jennievagini/status/1478810117047037954?s=21

PT6A fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 6, 2022

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Leave them down there, mail them GoPros and film a new reality show about how long they can live down there before pissing off a cartel member

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Obama2 posted:

Koos has made several anti vax posts in FYAD before the teetered on the edge of irony, it made most of the regulars uncomfortable when they saw it. If you buy archives you’ll be able to find them

None of this is true.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

PT6A posted:

It's actually really, really funny and it's getting worse.

One returned somehow yesterday, and assaulted and verbally abused a journalist. At least one has been arrested for drunk and disorderly down in Mexico. Several have been barred from even US airlines and can't find a way back, and most of them will probably have fines at the very least waiting for them when they get back to Canada. It's the purest, best schadenfreude anyone's ever seen before, and that's saying something because we saw Kevin J. Johnston's accomplice phone US border patrol on him because he was about to freeze to death while attempting to flee justice just two days ago, and that was pretty great.

https://twitter.com/jennievagini/status/1478810117047037954?s=21

So it was a private plane of infuencers

I'm feeling really old here but what is an influencer? Like a freelance model or something?

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
God I miss when I didn't know what they were

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Alctel posted:

I'm feeling really old here but what is an influencer?

sentient anal warts

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Alctel posted:

So it was a private plane of infuencers

I'm feeling really old here but what is an influencer? Like a freelance model or something?

Think YouTubers or people who make money of off Instagram or TikTok.

So basically the worst loving people in the world.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Alctel posted:

A person who does stupid poo poo on Instagram and has a lot of followers, basically. Basically it's an entire cohort of narcissistic fucks whose greatest ambition in life is to become a Kardashian.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Think YouTubers or people who make money of off instagram or TikTok.

So basically the worst loving people in the world.

I would argue that YouTubers and streamers whose end-goal isn't a personality cult don't quite qualify in the same way. Like, Hoodraulic Press Channel guy isn't an influencer, he's just an entertainer.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Also, from the article:

quote:

She said that ahead of the scheduled return trip, some people were putting Vaseline up their noses in an attempt to thwart COVID-19 testing.
You know, cause 30 of them tested positive.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I don't know if all of these influencers ended up at the same resort, but I saw some american influencers that were in Tulum for NYE that also came back with COVID.

Play stupid games
Win stupid prizes
in this case, they won COVID and being stranded.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/JennieVagini/status/1478842909122347008

The Mexicans don't deserve that poo poo either, and I'd laugh if they had these morons deported back here via bus.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

The Mexicans don't deserve that poo poo either, and I'd laugh if they had these morons deported back here via bus.

Yeah, it's the same thing as domestically where people are being put at risk because a bunch of selfish assholes want to go to the mall or whatever, and can't be arsed to wear a mask. They can't close the country to tourism without destroying their economy, any more than a minimum wage retail worker can quit their job and still afford to live, and assholes are taking advantage of that and putting people at risk.

Mind you, if it causes a problem to society... certain cartels have shown the inclination to protect their idea of the common good when the government will not. Maybe this problem will take care of itself and they can return to Canada in the cargo hold.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

vyelkin posted:

Debating which craft beers the Keg should sell is a time-honoured CanPol tradition.

Agreed. We all know it should be Granville Island btw.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

The sunwing thing is funny but also probably shouldn't rise to the level of PM lmao. Such a small town rear end country.

Sadly I imagine Mexico is going to end up footing the bill and helping those kids out of the country because driving through northern MX is pretty dangerous and they probably don't want a bunch of tourists to get kidnapped.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Starks posted:

The sunwing thing is funny but also probably shouldn't rise to the level of PM lmao. Such a small town rear end country.

Sadly I imagine Mexico is going to end up footing the bill and helping those kids out of the country because driving through northern MX is pretty dangerous and they probably don't want a bunch of tourists to get kidnapped.

OTOH, a bunch of Instagram influencer kids taking huge vape rips trying to drive through Sinaloa cartel territory would probably be the first time I'd be interested in joining Instagram so I could watch how that works out.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Starks posted:

Self-produced reality show "Can We Make It Through Tamaulipas Alive?"

I'd watch it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lars Blitzer posted:

Agreed. We all know it should be Granville Island btw.

Stanley Park is slowly taking over Granville Island beer territory so going to edge it to them.

Also lol at influencers doing the stupidest thing possible. When I think of Influencers my mind immediately goes to the Fyre Festival which seemed to be a giant neon metaphor for influencers.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

PT6A posted:

Yeah, it's the same thing as domestically where people are being put at risk because a bunch of selfish assholes want to go to the mall or whatever, and can't be arsed to wear a mask. They can't close the country to tourism without destroying their economy, any more than a minimum wage retail worker can quit their job and still afford to live, and assholes are taking advantage of that and putting people at risk.

Exactly. I went down to the Riviera last December too, and it was honestly great. The staff there were all taking the precautions super seriously, far more discipline about it then I see back home. Those people don't deserve having these influencer assholes dumped on them.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

PT6A posted:

I'd watch it.

"J'suis <<Influenceur>>, yé ou mon trip chez moé?"

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Quebecois influencer at a cartel checkpoint:

"Hé, t'auras pas un peu de chassé a me vendre?"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

After Granville got bought out by Molson I sorta stopped supporting them. The Winter Ale of course is god tier but I'd rather support smaller brands. Thankfully here in Winnipeg we have a fuckton now and most are incredible. Nonsuch, Little Brown Jug, One Great City, Trans Canada and those are the big players right now.

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Arivia posted:

Better dead than red

Better dead than red, but only if the red represents the Liberal Party of Canada.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

infernal machines posted:

You think the FYAD regulars that have only posted in this thread since a FYAD regular became a D&D mod are a forums bug?

I am behind on the times, and apparently don't read names. :frogdunce:

Vintersorg posted:

After Granville got bought out by Molson I sorta stopped supporting them. The Winter Ale of course is god tier but I'd rather support smaller brands. Thankfully here in Winnipeg we have a fuckton now and most are incredible. Nonsuch, Little Brown Jug, One Great City, Trans Canada and those are the big players right now.

I got to visit Winnipeg again in 2018, and I was gobsmacked at how many local breweries are there now. It was really fun catching up with old friends.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 6, 2022

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

InfiniteZero posted:

OTOH, a bunch of Instagram influencer kids taking huge vape rips trying to drive through Sinaloa cartel territory would probably be the first time I'd be interested in joining Instagram so I could watch how that works out.

You can watch this already just go to the Vice website that's basically their entire bit.

'We went to Mogadishu to smoke weed and gawk at poor people. Pulitzer pls!'

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PT6A posted:

I'd watch it.

Canada’s first livestreamed execution

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I'm already imagining what the Stompin Tom song would sound like

Eyy eyy allez let's go
Party plane down to Mexico
Tried to fly back but the pilot said no
Now there's thirty six hundred miles left to go

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well the influencers got on the plane!
And the flight crew told them "stop doing cocaine"!
Now they're stuck in Cancun and they're fully to blame!
With another big load of podados

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

God bless this thread.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Travel testing is such a restrictive, ever-changing mess that it's far easier to just get covid and have 90 days of testing-free worry :psyduck:

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Still can’t find a beer that tops Russel’s Wee Angry Scotch Ale and it’s been years. drat that’s a good beer.

…though I will say someone gave me a can of Sawdust City Viva La Stout last year for SASS and mother of god it was good, but it’s in Ontario of course.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
What does everyone think of eXXon as thread IK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Koos Group posted:

What does everyone think of eXXon as thread IK?

No problem, provided he wants it.