Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bunnyofdoom)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Koos Group posted:

What does everyone think of eXXon as thread IK?

Who?

e: Sure, why not? At this point just make someone IK and see what happens. Is CanPol that high maintenance?

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Koos Group posted:

corsair is Canadian.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

EvilJoven posted:

just go to the Vice website
What did I ever do to you to deserve this?

In more directly CanPol related musing, what is it called when you come to the realization/acceptance phase of understanding that the government is incapable/unwilling to do anything in the face of a crisis?

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

InfiniteZero posted:

In more directly CanPol related musing, what is it called when you come to the realization/acceptance phase of understanding that the government is incapable/unwilling to do anything in the face of a crisis?
A good start

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Does 33 Acres have distribution outside of BC ?

Given how oriented they are toward bottling and the fact that they're in seemingly every liquor store around BC I have my bet on them to be the next craft brewery that Molsen Coors or InBev buys. Seems like something you could take national.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I have no recollection of seeing them in Alberta.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Koos Group posted:

eXXon’s fine but what’s the problem with somebody else?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 13, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
He bills by the minute.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Koos Group posted:

no

give me the One Power.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Wow, harsh :( I thought my flawless, unobjectionable posting history would be memorable enough.

I haven't lived in Canada for nearly 7 years so if you want benign neglect from overland/seas, so be it, but it seems like someone else is more likely to actually do something.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 13, 2022

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

My only request is that whoever is made IK must give probe reasons in both English and French.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

SoggyBobcat posted:

My only request is that whoever is made IK must give probe reasons in both English and French.

This is an east coast bias and is neglecting Punjabi and Cantonese

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

MA-Horus posted:

no

give me the One Power.

The thing I find most notable from your posting is a seething hatred of the cowardly criminal Doug Ford, so I very much support you in becoming IK.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

SoggyBobcat posted:

Agreed

In fact anything else would be breaking the law

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

As an Albertan, if you probe me in French I will call my premier and you'll be in so much trouble.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

InfiniteZero posted:

Clarity.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Alctel posted:

Agreed

In fact anything else would be breaking the law

just like airplane seatbelts

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Arivia posted:

just like airplane seatbelts

Now, you look here: I'm far too busy and important to pay attention to the mandatory safety briefing given in both official languages, it's crucial that the operation of the seatbelt be explained in both languages in tiny engraved letter I certainly wouldn't be able to read in an emergency anyway.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

All probes of Ontarians should just be this:

https://youtu.be/Y5H3Edu6Vz4

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Femtosecond posted:

Does 33 Acres have distribution outside of BC ?

Given how oriented they are toward bottling and the fact that they're in seemingly every liquor store around BC I have my bet on them to be the next craft brewery that Molsen Coors or InBev buys. Seems like something you could take national.

Considering they were created by a dude who loves marketing and brand recognition I'm gonna say they don't want to lose their cred with hipsters who like beer specifically targetted at them.
I'm kind of surprised P49 have held out for as long as they have.
If I were to put a completely uneducated guess on who would get bought out I will throw a dart at Backcountry. They seem to very popular and put out stupidly named beer that people enjoy

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

PT6A posted:

Now, you look here: I'm far too busy and important to pay attention to the mandatory safety briefing given in both official languages, it's crucial that the operation of the seatbelt be explained in both languages in tiny engraved letter I certainly wouldn't be able to read in an emergency anyway.

It might be the international standard to have that tiny text in English and no one has ever questioned it but this cannot stand in Canada.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

abuse culture. posted:

corsair is Canadian.

oh no
no no no

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Albertans are now guilty until proven innocent for traffic violations, have to pay to fight traffic tickets win or lose, and it only goes to an adjudicator, not a court.

We also, collectively, get to pay the legal costs to fight challenges to this bullshit law that will never hold up anyways.

It's fine though, because cops won't use their new powers to declare someone guilty on the side of the road unfairly.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

drat and here I was considering taking Alberta off my "never ever" list of places to visit

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Powershift posted:

Albertans are now guilty until proven innocent for traffic violations, have to pay to fight traffic tickets win or lose, and it only goes to an adjudicator, not a court.

What the christ? How?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Probably the same poo poo they did with the drunk driving laws... under a certain level, you get your license suspended for a time, and because it's an administrative sanction rather than a criminal penalty, there's basically no way to fight it. Or at least that is my relatively uninformed understanding.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.
That's hilarious

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Powershift posted:

We also, collectively, get to pay the legal costs to fight challenges to this bullshit law that will never hold up anyways.

It's fine though, because cops won't use their new powers to declare someone guilty on the side of the road unfairly.

hmm

who could explain to us why this is bad

i know, PROSPECTIVE THREAD IK UNDULY DENIED SOME OTHER PERSON

e: i appreciate that the new D&D mod is currently joke probed in FYAD and therefore can't post in D&D about this moderation discussion. VERY GOOD SETUP.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 13, 2022

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I strongly believe minors should not have their healthcare needs dictated by parents. It should come down to blanket standards from the government that all children have to follow until they're of age. It's insane that you can have important lifesaving medical treatment denied just because you were popped out of some cultist womb. Your kid is getting vaccinated or taken away. Your kid is getting a blood transfusion or taken away. You do not have the right to endanger your child's health. Do what you want as an adult, but minors need protection from their own parents.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

I strongly believe minors should not have their healthcare needs dictated by parents. It should come down to blanket standards from the government that all children have to follow until they're of age. It's insane that you can have important lifesaving medical treatment denied just because you were popped out of some cultist womb. Your kid is getting vaccinated or taken away. Your kid is getting a blood transfusion or taken away. You do not have the right to endanger your child's health. Do what you want as an adult, but minors need protection from their own parents.

What's especially nutty is that teenagers technically need parental consent to get the COVID vaccine, which is just loving ridiculous. They can't even decide for themselves that they want the vaccine, if their parents are against it.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Not everywhere, and especially not in Alberta, I don't think? Their mature minor clause kicks in at sixteen, and docs are advised that people fourteen and under are "especially unlikely" to count as mature minors.

I only remember this because I was most surprised to learn it when I first heard it in a discussion about a teenager who wanted to catch up on the shots their antivax parents had missed

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

Not everywhere, and especially not in Alberta, I don't think? Their mature minor clause kicks in at sixteen, and docs are advised that people fourteen and under are "especially unlikely" to count as mature minors.

I only remember this because I was most surprised to learn it when I first heard it in a discussion about a teenager who wanted to catch up on the shots their antivax parents had missed

From the AHS website: "Children under age 18 years need a parent or guardian to give consent for them to get a COVID-19 vaccine. If a parent or guardian cannot be at the appointment, they can give consent in writing using the consent form at ahs.ca/VaccineUnder18. In some cases, children under age 18 years may be able to give their own consent."

https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/frm-21765.pdf

quote:

Q: What if a minor does not have a parent or guardian willing to provide consent, but the youth would like to get the vaccine?

A: In some circumstances, a youth under the age of 18 may be determined to be a mature minor who has the capacity to consent to being vaccinated on their own behalf.

This is determined by each healthcare provider and takes into consideration a number of factors including age, and ability to understand the benefits and risk of the vaccine.

Providing immunization for a mature minor and the assessment leading to this decision by the attending immunizer is done on a case by case basis.

That's really not... great.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah, that hits close to home. My friend has 3 kids from a deadbeat insane father. Like actually severely mentally ill and totally untreated, and a huge piece of poo poo on top of all that. He's gone hard anti-vax and forbidden the kids from getting vaccinated, saying he won't love them anymore or see them ever again (no idea why they even still want a relationship with him) and he'd retain a lawyer and go all out to punish the mother if she allows them. They all had to get vaccinated in secret and it was a lot of anxiety for the youngest who's only 10 because she'd heard her insane dad fill her head with how dangerous the vaccine is and how it makes people impure and evil. He also thinks the vaccine is part of some organ harvesting plot and it will prep children to have their organs harvested.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Teenagers can just go get vaccinated in BC and do not require consent from their guardian.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah, that hits close to home. My friend has 3 kids from a deadbeat insane father. Like actually severely mentally ill and totally untreated, and a huge piece of poo poo on top of all that. He's gone hard anti-vax and forbidden the kids from getting vaccinated, saying he won't love them anymore or see them ever again (no idea why they even still want a relationship with him) and he'd retain a lawyer and go all out to punish the mother if she allows them. They all had to get vaccinated in secret and it was a lot of anxiety for the youngest who's only 10 because she'd heard her insane dad fill her head with how dangerous the vaccine is and how it makes people impure and evil. He also thinks the vaccine is part of some organ harvesting plot and it will prep children to have their organs harvested.

Fwiw every court case I've read so far (6 or 7 probably) on this topic the judge has ordered the children vaccinated.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

youngest who's only 10 because she'd heard her insane dad fill her head with how dangerous the vaccine is and how it makes people impure and evil. He also thinks the vaccine is part of some organ harvesting plot and it will prep children to have their organs harvested.

The scary thing is this isn't unique. How the gently caress did this level of insanity manifest in our society?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Ask Kevin Chan the next time he shows up in the senate chamber to defend fuckerberg

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Arivia posted:

hmm

who could explain to us why this is bad

i know, PROSPECTIVE THREAD IK UNDULY DENIED SOME OTHER PERSON

e: i appreciate that the new D&D mod is currently joke probed in FYAD and therefore can't post in D&D about this moderation discussion. VERY GOOD SETUP.

He's a thought-haver too, I'm certain he has thoughts.

On the one hand, it could be a fantastic tool for handing out bulletproof fines to people driving their loud rear end vehicles down the nice patio streets. On the other hand our cops are utterly contemptible.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 13, 2022

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

If the going theory is state propaganda on how a lot of these conspiracy theories get their start, it kind of begs the question of how you keep your own population unaffected. Language barrier, or maybe you don’t bother? Russia has a 46.5% fully vaccinated rate, apparently, as compared to Canada’s 77.5% (Google’s top hit here is Our World in Data, might be wrong but I’m assuming approx enough). I’m assuming similar levels of access to vaccination here. On the one hand I think Canada can’t be large enough to target so we must import most of these things from the US, but on the other hand, the Arctic.

Arivia posted:

Koos still has buttons doesn’t he? He can communicate with us via probe text, like an SA ouija board.

I support eXXon too btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Clearly we all need to draw straws and whoever draws the Martin Short one is the new IK.