Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Moatillata posted:

Can’t believe we keep getting New Years even after we stopped sacrificing hearts to huitzilopochtli

we ditched huitzilopochtli, sure, but so long as we burn the fires of xiuhtecuhtli, we'll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

We’re gonna need to slow down a lot if we’re hitting 2023 on page 2023

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

too far! go back!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
gently caress, I missed it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, Gents, what happened was I was hiking along the Incan Trail to Manchu Picchu during the rainy season, when I slipped, hit my head, and wound up wandering the Amazon as an amnesiac for a few years.
On the hike I’d met this young Retro Futurist character, and it seems when I went missing he assumed my identity, but he’s dead now and all is right with the world

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Well, Gents, what happened was I was hiking along the Incan Trail to Manchu Picchu during the rainy season, when I slipped, hit my head, and wound up wandering the Amazon as an amnesiac for a few years.
On the hike I’d met this young Retro Futurist character, and it seems when I went missing he assumed my identity, but he’s dead now and all is right with the world

Hey welcome to the Mafia Discussion Thread. Always good to see a new player!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opop with the beavertar is back!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opopanax posted:

And suddenly.... all is right in the world....

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Opopanax posted:

I feel like when I apply for permanent residency they are just going to show me a picture of your beaver av and ask me to explain why that beaver is the most canadian thing ever

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Voodoofly posted:

I feel like when I apply for permanent residency they are just going to show me a picture of your beaver av and ask me to explain why that beaver is the most canadian thing ever

Just tell 'em ol' Opop sent you and they should skip all the formalaties

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Opopanax posted:

I liked the other guy

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
A whole generation of brand-new mafia babbies will never know there ever was a retired futureman

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

And I had just gotten used to not calling you Opop, great

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Maerlyn posted:

And I had just gotten used to not calling you Opop, great

I'd just gotten used to people calling him Opop, guess that makes it easier to remember!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It felt like Opop was wearing a TV horror movie mask for years

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
New year new names

(Also girl now)

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 1, 2022

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I met him over at BSS a good four years ago, so I guess I associate him with that, but "Retro Futurist" as a name always reminded me of my dad's old 40s and 50s sci-fi adventure comics.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

It felt like Opop was wearing a TV horror movie mask for years

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

TammyHEH posted:

New year new names

(Also girl now)

congrats on girl

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Jen X posted:

congrats on girl

:emptyquote:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sunset Canyon HOA has ended in a MATRIX ALIGNED VICTORY!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Phasmophobia Mafia, a Mafia-like game for 16 players.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://twitter.com/supervoltekka/status/1477191793120796672?s=21

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Happy New Year mafiosos!!

Come join the the first game of the New Year so you can finally break that resolution not to play any Mafia this year

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Amazing!

TammyHEH posted:

New year new names

(Also girl now)

Congrats!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Looking for 13 10 early signups for "Meaningful Song Mafia", my first foray into running my own game. I expect to actually start in late January when current games end or somewhat after, for now I need folks who will play to PM or send me a message on Discord of a song that has some kind of meaning for them, and that'll lead to a role based on something relating to that song (lyric/theme/etc). Roles will be assigned via RNG so this isn't exactly CYOR, but whatever song you choose will influence the game in some way. If you were emotionally moved by WAP that may lead to a janitor in the game ("bucket and a mop" :cheeky:)

DON'T POST THEM IN HERE BUT MESSAGE ME!
Sending the artist/song title, Spotify link or Youtube link works!

A few notes:
~If you send me a song please consider it a tentative signup. I'll post a proper thread and discord link etc when we're closer to starting.
~I'm not going to grill you or question your song choice. If you want to share why you chose it that's up to you, but that information won't be a part of the role or flavor unless that's something you reveal.

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 7, 2022

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Cue this song trending on YouTube

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Scientastic posted:

Cue this song trending on YouTube

No lyrics? Congrats, you're Hated :twisted:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://youtu.be/Lw9vndDS88I

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Maerlyn posted:

Hypercharger is a meme mafia role i think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBJhzfvdyKw

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9whQIbNmu9s

The one true Mafia song. Because we are all clown shoes.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Toalpaz posted:

Hypercharger is a meme mafia role i think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBJhzfvdyKw

I did think about that (I wouldn't actually make anyone hated, it was a fun joke to make).

Now I'm gonna have to look up hypercharger as a role because I haven't heard of it (not a hyper version anyway).

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The SA mafia wiki has reference to some of the ancient ways of days gone by.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

Hello I made this for you all

https://youtu.be/u5WfGgIksJM

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Augh that KB always gets me!

Thanks for reminding me of this :3:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Augh that KB always gets me!

Thanks for reminding me of this :3:

Ahhhh, memories.

:sun:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Maerlyn posted:

I am not able to play in the game, by the way, I just liked making the lame joke

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Scientastic posted:

I am not able to play in the game, by the way, I just liked making the lame joke

I know, I'm not including anyone who posted in here... I've had a few sign ups so things are rolling along :)

Hope I'll see you in the next Cookfia if not sooner!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I wanted to hold off on launching cookfia until it doesn't overlap with ICSA, but there is no news on that front. Maybe Mid February for the next cookfia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandicap posted:

I wanted to hold off on launching cookfia until it doesn't overlap with ICSA, but there is no news on that front. Maybe Mid February for the next cookfia

Every mafia game I mention to my family nowadays my SIL asks me "is it cooking??" So the family will probably be looking forward to it more than me :)