Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No way lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I just said "that can't be real" a bunch of times irl

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

:eyepop:

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

STRONG BAD: Ugh! Why do you Van Peebles always wanna know the origins and histories of every freakin' little thing? Like, do you wanna know how Strong Sad got his belly button, too?

{cut to a young Strong Bad's birthday; a sign reads 'Happy Birthday Lil Strong Bad'. Strong Bad has a black shirt with a yellow truck on it, and is looking at a white present with a blue ribbon and a tag reading 'To Strong Bad From Mom or Dad'. He grabs the lid and takes it off to reveal a power drill.}

LIL' STRONG BAD: {lifting the drill} Oh, awesome! {he revs the drill}

Yes…..yes, I do want more of the rich lore of the NEETverse. :allears:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

gently caress

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Hang on, Enami claimed he could see the aura color through cloth, sure, but how's he expected to put faces to it? Based on what he's said to the host, he should be seeing colored auras around a bunch of lumps in a sheet. Unless no two people got the same aura color, he'd be set up to fail even if he really could see auras, since he wouldn't know which of the e.g. red-aura people he was looking at.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Left panel, but instead of "Mr Enami" it says "Mr Neet Author"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pham Nuwen posted:

Hang on, Enami claimed he could see the aura color through cloth, sure, but how's he expected to put faces to it? Based on what he's said to the host, he should be seeing colored auras around a bunch of lumps in a sheet. Unless no two people got the same aura color, he'd be set up to fail even if he really could see auras, since he wouldn't know which of the e.g. red-aura people he was looking at.

They filled in the aura colors he gave on the little headshot pictures he's putting on the board.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

They filled in the aura colors he gave on the little headshot pictures he's putting on the board.

Yeah but if there were two people with red auras, he's got two little pictures labeled "red". How does he know which of the bumps in the sheet corresponds to which picture? Even if he could really see a red aura, he doesn't know which face that aura is attached to, because he's never claimed to be able to see faces through a sheet.

They should have given him tags marked with the different aura colors but without the pictures on them.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Enami settled on ten different colors when he thought he knew what was going on. "Ten people. Ten colors. They'll never see through my little ruse. Ho ho ho."

Presumably, if Enami had given two people the same color, the producers on the show would have changed the act accordingly. He overestimated his abilities and gave little thought that he'd receive actual push back from the television studio.

I think it's totally within the realm of possibility that the show producers could have anticipated Enami approaching this challenge in or two or three ways and planned scenarios to fit each one. Enami has always thought he was the one in control, but he's survived on the good graces of his collaborators.

Hypocrisy posted:

Before this, for public appearances, they would only stick to friendly audiences with highly scripted events, often times with guests who would play along even if Enami made a mistake here or there. As Enami is retiring they have deliberately picked a "challenge" for their final public appearance which has led to this.

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 6, 2022

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

Enami settled on ten different colors when he thought he knew what was going on. "Ten people. Ten colors. They'll never see through my little ruse. Ho ho ho."

Presumably, if Enami had given two people the same color, the producers on the show would have changed the act accordingly. He overestimated his abilities and gave little thought that he'd receive actual push back from the television studio.

Ah, I forgot that he hadn't assigned any duplicates. Thanks.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Yeah but if there were two people with red auras, he's got two little pictures labeled "red". How does he know which of the bumps in the sheet corresponds to which picture? Even if he could really see a red aura, he doesn't know which face that aura is attached to, because he's never claimed to be able to see faces through a sheet.

They should have given him tags marked with the different aura colors but without the pictures on them.

I think they're just making it easier so it'll be even more convincing when he can't do it. If he just said "red, blue, green, mauve..." the hosts would just say he was amazing and move on to the next segment.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Cat Hatter posted:

I think they're just making it easier so it'll be even more convincing when he can't do it. If he just said "red, blue, green, mauve..." the hosts would just say he was amazing and move on to the next segment.

Having faces on the colors makes the reveal a lot more obvious too, this way when they whip the blanket off everyone can immediately see mismatches instead of having to try to remember who was what color.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

:hmmyes:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:eyepop:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Even if he had assigned some duplicate colors, mixing up two people with the same color could be written off as a forgiveable mistake that doesn't speak against his ability to see auras.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Thats the face I imagine everyone else in a thread has when I make a new post.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

The Alchemist posted:

Thats the face I imagine everyone else in a thread has when I make a new post.

It the face I make when this thread has new posts, but none of them are more NEET/Enami

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

idk dog it's pretty good from where I'm sitting.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

don't sign you are posts!!!!

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Wait isn't enami like 40-45? It's not like had to spend 10 years to get a doctorate in grifting.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
unless...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yoriko is gonna pull the fire alarm

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

he will be ruined and he will be exposed as the fraud he is the network will cover for him

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
... is what I would say...

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

You're all wrong

Smash cut to Oda leaving the studio saying to neet "Well that was fun, wasn't it?"

And then we will never hear what actually happened or revisit it again.

Like when neet got punched out in the street, that'd be a pretty significant thing to happen in my life, but we haven't heard of it since.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

For some reason, there's a question mark at the end of the ellipsis in the last sentence. Apparently it is just for show. Japanese punctuation is truly the Wild West of grammar.
I once watched a grammar video aimed at a Japanese audience about when to correctly use commas in Japanese, which boiled down to: "Whenever you feel like it!"

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 9, 2022

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Load bearing part time employees

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This makes sense to me. In culture the people applying for part time work are inherently not the most dependable, right? These are adults who failed to secure a full time career. That other guy applying for the same jobs as Nii was very good at the tests but then flaked out and couldn't hold a job.

Nii is both good at the work and dependable. He's working pretty long hours, and voluntarily coming in on weekends (except that one time). Replacing him and training a new 'unskilled' 'part time' worker up to his level would take months and hurt efficiency.

A middle manager recognising that skilled, dependable workers are valuable may be the most unrealistic thing the comic has ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Probably...